• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks for Week 8

Started by Ole Man River, October 19, 2014, 07:19:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

October 19, 2014, 07:19:26 pm Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:05:49 am by Ole Man River
Well, after 4 Weeks of Conference play, we still don't have a clear picture for our Play-off seeds.  3 teams are still battling it out for the top spot, and the other 5 can still make the Play-offs.  Here are the updated standings.

1. Gurdon                    5-2 (4-0)  52 Points
2. Mount Ida                6-1 (4-0)  49 Points
3. Lafayette County      6-1 (4-0)  31 Points
4. Dierks                     5-2 (2-2)  22 Points
5. Murfreesboro           4-3 (1-3)  13 Points
6. Foreman                  3-4 (1-3)   5 Points
7. Spring Hill              0-6-1 (0-4) 0 Points
8. Mineral Springs        0-6 (0-4)   0 Points

So on to this week's Picks.

Foreman 3-4 (1-3) at Mineral Springs 0-6 (0-4)
The Gators lost to Mount Ida 47-7, while the Hornets lost to Murfreesboro 46-26.  Foreman won last year 20-14.  The Gators are struggling as of late.  That's not a good thing late in the season.  They have got to get it going, otherwise the Play-offs won't be in their future.  The Hornets had better get going this week if they want to go to the Play-offs this year also.  They have got to win the last 3 games to get in.  By the way the Gators are playing as of late gives the Hornets a chance in this one.  It's to bad OMR couldn't make all the games the Game of the Week, because every game this week has so much riding on them.  OMR is going with Foreman 21-20.

Spring Hill 0-6-1 (0-4) at Murfreesboro 4-3 (1-3)
The Bears got beat by Gurdon 41-0, while the Rattlers beat Mineral Springs 46-26.  Spring Hill won last year 41-32.  The Bears just can't find a win this year.  They've came close a few times, but just can't find the right combination to win.  It don't get any easier this week.  Having played the league leaders already, now they get the other teams that are fighting to stay alive for the Play-offs.  The Rattlers has move a step closer to the Play-offs, but losing here may hurt them.  They have scored a lot of points this year, but gave up a lot also.  Now they get a team that is having trouble finding the end zone.  Both teams need a win here to help their chance for the Play-offs.  OMR is going with Murfreesboro 20-18.

Dierks 5-2 (2-2) at Mount Ida 6-1 (4-0)
The Outlaws lost to Lafayette County 37-14, while Mount Ida beat Foreman 47-7.  These teams didn't play last year.  The Outlaws had a bad game last week.  Having played a good and improving Cougar team has the Outlaw fatefuls throwing a hissy fit.  Winning 1 of the last 3 games should put them in the Play-offs.  But they will have to work for everything they get.  The Lions just keep on rolling.  Running up 47 points this past week, and looking forward to this week's game.  At the start of the year, everyone was looking at this game as one of the deciding games for 1st Place.  But with the lost to LC, all the Outlaws want to do is play spoiler.  They would like to catch the Lions looking towards next week showdown with Gurdon.  But don't bet on it.  OMR is going with Mount Ida 28-21.

The 7-2A Game of the Week
Lafayette County 6-1 (4-0) at Gurdon 5-2 (4-0)
LC beat Dierks 37-14, while Gurdon beat Spring Hill 41-0.  Gurdon won last year 54-14.  Well, the Battle for 1st Place happens this week.  To be honest with everyone, I didn't expect this to be for 1st Place.  But the Cougars did.  The Cougars has earned the RESPECT from OMR after last week's win.  Now they better get ready for a very good Go-Devils team.  The Cougars has enough speed to stay with Gurdon.  They both don't have a bunch of players, but what they do with them goes a long way.  The Go-Devils cruised to a 35 point lead at half against SH and played starters sparingly the 2nd Half.  Only dressing out 23 themselves, makes substituting a little hard also.  This week again pits two of the best running backs in the conference against each other.  On one side you have Mr. Burks, and on the other you have Mr. Harvell.  But the question here is,  Which defense is better?  This game is being played at Cabe Field, which makes it hard for any team to come in and win.  Hopefully the Go-Devils are not looking ahead to next week's game with Mount Ida, because if they are, then LC will slip up on them.  Get there early, because this one will be a good one.  OMR is going with Gurdon 24-18.

So there it is Sport Fans, chime in and let me know what you think.  OMR OUT!!!!

HORNET-MAN

LCC

Respectable picks. For what it's worth...Lafayette has 32 or 33 kids, but at this point in the season I don't think conditioning will be a factor. Look at what Mt. Ida does with 18? 19?

G-HIGH

Cabe Field ... Not Cade.
Not even positive it is called that.
Great picks OMR!

godgiven999

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 20, 2014, 09:16:15 am
Cabe Field ... Not Cade.
Not even positive it is called that.
Great picks OMR!

I know the baseball field is called Cabe Field, I believe the Football field is now referred to as Go - Devil Stadium

FilmCrew

It says Gus Brown Field on Fearless Friday's team page.

G-HIGH

Gus Brown was the old field.
The new field says Go Devil Stadium

cuz

I think your right on all but MS and Foreman. I think MS will take this one...........

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas