• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lafayette County @ Gurdon (10/24/14)

Started by G-HIGH, October 17, 2014, 11:50:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G-HIGH

Jaybo

tcor145

Gurdon will most likely win, but if Burks is 100%, it will be closer than most think.  Burks is a beast and IF he wants to, he can dominate a 2a school. IF he wants to is the key words.    I have seen hundreds of games over the years and with the exception of all the D1 recruits out of Louisiana he is as good a running back at this level as I have seen. 

tellitlikeitis

I have watched both teams play this year and in my honest opinion LC has the better team. BUT, with that being said, you can bet your last dollar the faithful men in the striped shirts will see to it that Gurdun wins this one at home. Nothing like Gurduns home cooking when it comes to the refs. Looking like Gurdun will win the conference title but the Gurdun faithful needs to be ready for another let down when it comes playoff time. Gurdun will keep up the tradition of one game and out.  ;D ;D... Now come on Devil and Godgiven, accept the truth and it will set you free !!!

The_Devil_Himself

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 18, 2014, 08:40:37 am
I have watched both teams play this year and in my honest opinion LC has the better team. BUT, with that being said, you can bet your last dollar the faithful men in the striped shirts will see to it that Gurdun wins this one at home. Nothing like Gurduns home cooking when it comes to the refs. Looking like Gurdun will win the conference title but the Gurdun faithful needs to be ready for another let down when it comes playoff time. Gurdun will keep up the tradition of one game and out.  ;D ;D... Now come on Devil and Godgiven, accept the truth and it will set you free !!!

I'm going to keep this little treasure safe from edit or delete. Too many pills for tellitlikitis.

G-HIGH

If anybody had been to the last three home games they would have seen that home cooking was non existent at best. Same ref crew each time and they seem to get worse as the weeks go by. Ridiculous calls, extra downs, indecision, 5 minute meetings at midfield and driving BOTH coaches crazy.

godgiven999

tha truth is LC and Gurdon skull drug Deirks all over the field! You better start looking towards baseball season because your terrible in Basketball too  ;D

tellitlikeitis

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 18, 2014, 10:48:36 am
tha truth is LC and Gurdon skull drug Deirks all over the field! You better start looking towards baseball season because your terrible in Basketball too  ;D
YES, baseball - where the Outlaws have owned your Gurdun team for years  ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 20, 2014, 04:40:20 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 18, 2014, 10:48:36 am
YES, baseball - where the Outlaws have owned your Gurdun team for years  ;D
::)

GusBrown

Idiot

footballfrenzy

You have watched both teams curb stomp Dierks. I fixed it for you.

godgiven999

I have fans  ;D

Blue

You gotta love these Gurdon fans who hadn't seen 3 games in the last 5 years. LC will field better athletes than Gurdon in this one. The difference is Gurdon has a really good QB and will not make stupid mistakes. LC will have some bad penalties that will cost them

KOJACK

LC 33 Gurdon 21.
Gurdon has went from winning it all(preseason) to rebuilding(0-2) to we r getting better...to we r awesome...bandwagon fans for a inconsistent team. I expect nothing less lol.

51bootpass

JackofallTrades

LC defense will be big in this game..The most physical team wins the game and I have to go with LC in this one..it could be close then it could get ugly as well so we shall see..Kojack I agree

crmorrow24

Quote from: Blue on October 22, 2014, 08:27:03 pm
You gotta love these Gurdon fans who hadn't seen 3 games in the last 5 years. LC will field better athletes than Gurdon in this one. The difference is Gurdon has a really good QB and will not make stupid mistakes. LC will have some bad penalties that will cost them
Good QB?????????????????????????????????? ??? ??? ??? ???

Mohawk 54

Quote from: JackofallTrades on October 23, 2014, 07:56:25 am
LC defense will be big in this game..The most physical team wins the game and I have to go with LC in this one..it could be close then it could get ugly as well so we shall see..Kojack I agree
I have to disagree with you, don't  think that LC will be more physical, but I guess we will see Friday Night.

Mohawk 54

Quote from: KOJACK on October 22, 2014, 08:39:18 pm
LC 33 Gurdon 21.
Gurdon has went from winning it all(preseason) to rebuilding(0-2) to we r getting better...to we r awesome...bandwagon fans for a inconsistent team. I expect nothing less lol.
I expect nothing from you,get  on a  Gurdon topic and run the Devils down, I guess we are still over rates in your eyes, like last year.

godgiven999

LC 33 Gurdon 21.
This is a rebuilding year and we will most likely still win the conference, thanks for recognizing that  ;D

The_Devil_Himself

LC 33 Gurdon 21.
;D

The_Devil_Himself

;D

The_Devil_Himself

The P crowd is just mad because Gurdon got a good playoff draw and they got Booneville or Charleston in round 2.

JackofallTrades

And what Draw does Gurdon have because looks like yal have some games to play still..but thats none of my business..lol

cougarfan15

This one could go either way. Depends on which Lafayette County team shows up. If it's the Cougar team who gives up more penalty yards than actual yards, Gurdon will take it. And in regards to Burks, he is a phenom on the field. But he does not have to have 300 yards and 5 touchdowns. The cougar offense has other backs that are fast and can score just as fast as Burks can. That Gurdon D better be ready. And the Cougars better stop all the penalties. Good luck to both teams tonight!!!

Mohawk 54

I agree it could go either way, but the Cougars D needs to be ready too, because we have speed also, don't think that #3 is all you need to worry about. Have safe travel, and good luck tonight.

KOJACK

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 23, 2014, 12:05:30 pm
LC 33 Gurdon 21.
This is a rebuilding year and we will most likely still win the conference, thanks for recognizing that  ;D
Rebuilding??? lol that ain't what y'all were saying in the preseason. "This is that group of all undefeated jr high teams"...lol give me a freakin break. All I know it that we kicked y'all to the curb, just like LC will do tonight.

footballfrenzy

And last year Gurdon did the same to the crusty wolves. So, what's your point? Gurdon v Prescott will happen again and again. Now run along.

AmSycho

Seems to be a lot of repetition of these boards. Prescott got a bad draw this year and they're mad because they'll have to play  Charleston and Booneville (IMO I would rather play one or both of them and have a chance to win than have the opportunity to get "curb stomped" by JC just utter the words "we played them closer than anyone else did...")

KOJACK

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 24, 2014, 03:09:18 pm
And last year Gurdon did the same to the crusty wolves. So, what's your point? Gurdon v Prescott will happen again and again. Now run along.
My point is why can't y'all decide if this is "the" year of are you rebuilding? I guess you'll let me know in a few weeks right? smmfh. Crusty wolves...good one NOT bahahahahahaha

FilmCrew

I heard that Gurdon was going to leave the 2-7A all together and go independent...Kinda like Norte Dame. That way they can play who they want when they want. I think this is going to coincide with the signing of the new television network ESUK.

Also heard they are working on skyboxes (re-cycled deer stands), artificial turf (stop some of the grazing at the field) and a jumbo-tron at the "Go-Devil Stadium".

KOJACK

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 24, 2014, 04:02:13 pm
I heard that Gurdon was going to leave the 2-7A all together and go independent...Kinda like Norte Dame. That way they can play who they want when they want. I think this is going to coincide with the signing of the new television network ESUK.

Also heard they are working on skyboxes (re-cycled deer stands), artificial turf (stop some of the grazing at the field) and a jumbo-tron at the "Go-Devil Stadium".
They might as well. They already live in their own little redneck world. ::)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: crmorrow24 on October 23, 2014, 08:02:34 am
Quote from: Blue on October 22, 2014, 08:27:03 pm
Good QB?????????????????????????????????? ??? ??? ??? ???

Isn't that the quarterback who they kept calling "Johnny football?"

RabidWolf

The PA announcer called him Peyton Manning when they played us. He would complete a pass (seldomly) and they annouce would say "Peyton Manning, I mean (whatever his name is) completes a pass to ____"

They call #3 Jackie Football.

Proud Buckaroo

That's how it was with Smackover. He very seldom would get a pass off.

godgiven999

Quote from: KOJACK on October 24, 2014, 02:30:29 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 23, 2014, 12:05:30 pm

LC 33 Gurdon 21.
Rebuilding??? lol that ain't what y'all were saying in the preseason. "This is that group of all undefeated jr high teams"...lol give me a freakin break. All I know it that we kicked y'all to the curb, just like LC will do tonight.
Actually I didn't start posting until we beat Dierks  :D

godgiven999

We are going Independent so we can play everyone JC plays every year  ;D

footballfrenzy

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 24, 2014, 04:49:25 pm

haha, this is great. Gurdon already has a jumbo(mini)-tron. Gurdon also has the nicest facilities in 2A and it's not really close. So you can take that deer stand back woods talk, again, back to Prescott.

cuz

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 24, 2014, 05:34:25 pm

haha, this is great. Gurdon already has a jumbo(mini)-tron. Gurdon also has the nicest facilities in 2A and it's not really close. So you can take that deer stand back woods talk, again, back to Prescott.
Are y'all replaying Prescott, or y'all playing Gurdon?????? ;D

dragondad

When making such a move, shouldn't the idea be to win more games....not less?

The_Devil_Himself

Yeah, the truth set us free.
36-7. Not quite 44-6. But it'll do.

The_Devil_Himself

LC 33 Gurdon 21.

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

The_Devil_Himself

Gurdon's defense outscored LC.

The_Devil_Himself

It's a shame we all won't get the opportunity to enjoy the view of the lumber yard behind Hillbilly Hardware Friday night.

SelfBuiltFab

Tonight was pretty much a domination after Leeper took home an interception for six and broke LC's heart. The first half was a blow for blow matchup I'll give it that. We pretty much had our way with them after the pick six. Our defense scored 12 points tonight, got three sacks, and partially blocked a punt.

And this "home cooking" crap?! Really?! Third grade again huh? I've yelled at refs more this year than I ever have. They changed crews on us last week because the old crew couldn't officiate a pee wee game let alone a high school game. We were HARD on them so maybe they got tired of us. I had never seen so much confusion between them in my life!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas