• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton vs JC Westside???

Started by Brian G, October 17, 2014, 10:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

02cat

I work with a JC westside dad and he said it had been cancelled he thought, said he might be mistaken but he had heard it was cancelled for some odd reason. May wanna check

Brian G

That would make sense.  Can't find a thing on it anywhere.

Anyone confirm?

THA TRUTH

Cancelled Hampton head coach was at jc game

#72 Bearden Bear

I heard Hampton two players supposed to be showing hogs at the state fair Friday, and that would only leave them 13 players. They didn't want to drive all the way there just to lose. This is coming from someone that lives in Hampton, no joke.

HorseFeathers

Guessin theyll cancel the game at hector to

bleudog

October 18, 2014, 07:35:48 pm #6 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:33:38 pm by bleudog
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 18, 2014, 09:21:15 am
I heard Hampton two players supposed to be showing hogs at the state fair Friday, and that would only leave them 13 players. They didn't want to drive all the way there just to lose. This is coming from someone that lives in Hampton, no joke.

Quote from: HF on October 18, 2014, 09:25:18 am
Guessin theyll cancel the game at hector to

Those state fair piggies should be bacon by then and no longer cause a scheduling conflict. 8)

wiseguy

What was the cause of cancellation? SERIOUSLY....

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: wiseguy on October 20, 2014, 07:30:20 am
I wasn't joking about the kids going to the fair, heard it from someone from Hampton. Also heard 2 more players had quit and that they've cancelled they're game with Hector.

bleudog

October 20, 2014, 10:48:12 am #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:10:11 am by bleudog

Why do you not consider the explanation mentioned serious?  A small rural school having to forfeit/cancel for players participating in a state fair ag event that conflicts wouldn't surprise me.  Getting to show an animal at state is a big deal.  Skills learned in 4H or FFA can possibly be more valuable toward their futures than those learned on a football field.  Not to mention scholarship opportunities.  Too bad the administrations couldn't reschedule the ball game.

Brian G

October 20, 2014, 10:57:14 am #10 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:47:04 am by B.G.
It would probably surprise many to know that as a member of FFA that I showed a steer at the Arkansas State Fair.  Of course, my services were not in need for the FHS football team.

Cheek

Quote from: bleudog on October 20, 2014, 10:48:12 am

Why do you not consider the explanation mentioned serious?  A small rural school having to forfeit/cancel for players participating in a state fair ag event that conflicts wouldn't surprise me.  Getting to show an animal at state is a big deal.  Skills learned in 4H or FFA can possibly be more valuable toward their futures than those learned on a football field.  Not to mention scholarship opportunities.  Too bad the administrations couldn't reschedule the ball game.

Heck yea,  if you are named Boss Hog at the State Fair, you get a free ride to SAU.

bleudog

October 20, 2014, 12:20:10 pm #12 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:04:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Cheek on October 20, 2014, 11:54:14 am

Heck yea,  if you are named Boss Hog at the State Fair, you get a free ride to SAU.

I was thinking there were some Union County kids who ended up turning their trips to show at the state fair into rides to OK State and vet school. But hey, SAU works too. 

wiseguy

Because it seemed far-fetched to me! I won't elaborate because I think it's self explanatory ;)

bulldog

Game at Hector has not been cancelled.

02cat

Quote from: bulldog on October 21, 2014, 09:54:10 am
Game at Hector has not been cancelled.
Hey we might get to beat a team out of the 8aa, woohoo!!!!

bulldog

02 cat,

sensing your sarcasm, but we beat someone out of the 8-2A last year.  You are beginning to sound a little like HF.

02cat

Quote from: bulldog on October 21, 2014, 01:02:41 pm
02 cat,

sensing your sarcasm, but we beat someone out of the 8-2A last year.  You are beginning to sound a little like HF.
Yes there was sarcasm there, I was talking about this year. If we can keep improving and get everyone back healthy we will have a great shot at Bearden or Rison. Losing Esther last week was a major blow and you could tell it in the push that both lines weren't getting.

bulldog

Well from what I gather, he is the only one not healthy and he is having surgery next Tuesday, so you aren't going to get him back.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog on October 21, 2014, 01:02:41 pm
02 cat,

Hey now...

bulldog

Haha!!!!!!  I was wondering if I could draw you out with that!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog on October 21, 2014, 10:40:01 pm
Haha!!!!!!  I was wondering if I could draw you out with that!!

I'm still here...just not a lot to say right now :D

I've been a traitor here lately and been watching some Dover Football...They aren't bad, but I think Hector could still whip them like the last time we played 'em :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas