• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Mt. Ida

Started by whoknows, October 17, 2014, 10:33:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who you got?

Mt. Ida
Dierks
I hate amehr36!

whoknows

godgiven999

Dierks went from a a preseason Conference favorite to limping into the playoffs as a 4 seed!

tacklethis...

I'm not sure we make the playoffs.

Mt Ida +30

whoknows

Smurfs may knock us out of the playoffs...

Jaybo

tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 17, 2014, 10:48:37 pm
Dierks went from a a preseason Conference favorite to limping into th playoffs as a 4 seed!
Dont think Dierks will limp in - dont think they will even make it there.... The limping will be Gurdun limping home after a 1st round loss just like every other year  ;D ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 18, 2014, 08:44:57 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 17, 2014, 10:48:37 pm
Dierks went from a a preseason Conference favorite to limping into th playoffs as a 4 seed!
Dont think Dierks will limp in - dont think they will even make it there.... The limping will be Gurdun limping home after a 1st round loss just like every other year  ;D ;D

Bitter much?

The_Devil_Himself

At least Dierks won't have to worry about being sent home early by a 4 seed this year. Hopefully you guys enjoyed your one year hiatus from being Gurdon's whipping boy. The Go-Devils certainly reminded you this year of exactly where you stand in 2A-7 football.

footballfrenzy

Limping home? Win or lose we'll already be home. That's what 1 seeds do for you. Why don't y'all find some consistency in that team of y'all's and maybe people would take Dierks seriously. Gurdon isn't losing in the first round and haven't lost in the first round since 2009 I believe. Gurdon is consistently playing for the 7 crown while other teams within the conference take turns being competitive. Consistency.

Blue

Mt Ida will make this one ugly

Aunt Ida 58
Dierks 12

mtindian42

USA today score predictor. mt Ida 33 dierks 31

tacklethis...

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 18, 2014, 03:26:43 pm
USA today score predictor. mt Ida 33 dierks 31

USA today is just wrong.

brotherdew

Mt Ida's biggest asset this year has been their number of threats on offense. I'm not saying they can't be stoppex, but it is hard to scheme against 4 or 5 backs. They all have different styles that give Coach White different ways to attack defenses.
With that said, the secret to success has been their offensive line who has opened running lanes for the ball carriers. Low numbers seem to be the biggest threat to their O line, but so far they have held their own.
Defensively they are extremely aggressive.  They have been very successful in shutting down opposing offenses with the exception of Murfreesboro. In that game they had break downs in their secondary early, but were able to wear on Murfreesboro up front which reaped rewards in the second half.Mt Ida has to have the advantage,  but if Dierks can sneak a few scores in early then we could bave a close one on our hands.
I think Mt Ida will be ready and should come away with the win.
Mt Ida 45
Dierks 16

tacklethis...

Quote from: brotherdew on October 18, 2014, 11:34:05 pm
Mt Ida's biggest asset this year has been their number of threats on offense. I'm not saying they can't be stoppex, but it is hard to scheme against 4 or 5 backs. They all have different styles that give Coach White different ways to attack defenses.
With that said, the secret to success has been their offensive line who has opened running lanes for the ball carriers. Low numbers seem to be the biggest threat to their O line, but so far they have held their own.
Defensively they are extremely aggressive.  They have been very successful in shutting down opposing offenses with the exception of Murfreesboro. In that game they had break downs in their secondary early, but were able to wear on Murfreesboro up front which reaped rewards in the second half.Mt Ida has to have the advantage,  but if Dierks can sneak a few scores in early then we could bave a close one on our hands.
Mt Ida 45
Dierks 16

I don't think we score in this one. If we do no way we get any two point conversions. Our play calling on two point conversions is so bad we should just move on to the kickoff!

brotherdew

If Magazine can score on our 2nd string defense then Dierks can.
Coach White has been turning things over to the 2nd D early in the 2nd half when he can..
If this turns into a blowout then you should score

G-HIGH

Quote from: brotherdew on October 18, 2014, 11:34:05 pm
Mt Ida 45
Dierks 16
If Deirks scores 16 on mount ida that says a lot about Ida's D.
Mount Ida should keep them to maybe a TD and could shut them out.
I hope Gurdon and Mt.Ida win big. Will make for a great scenario week 9.

HORNET-MAN

Mt.ida has a good team and should win this game..BUT and thats a big BUT if the Outlaws get there head out of there behinds and play up to there talent this game could be a good one...

tacklethis...

We just can't make long scoring drives and don't the speed or talent to score quickly like last years team.

Big Boy

Since the Gurdon game we have been in a mess.  I'm not sure it gets any easier this week.  This team has lots of problems right now and I'm hoping we can right the ship and turn this thing around.  This team has no identity on offense.  We have no homerun hitter on offense.  We are capable of getting 5 yards a play, but haven't been effective in doing that and sustaining drives and scoring points because of poor execution, penalties, turnovers, and poor play calling.  Our defense is inconsistent and special teams are bad.  This team could win, but I don't think we will.

outlaw2929

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 19, 2014, 10:53:54 am
We just can't make long scoring drives and don't the speed or talent to score quickly like last years team.
We have plenty of talent , they are just not using it right. 2 or 3 bad apples will ruin the rest and that's what's happening with this bunch and the coaching staff just let's it happen. It's horrible to watch. This bunch was more balanced and ran 10 times more plays in pewee, now it seems they can't run no more than 4 plays total. Not hard to defend 3 runnin plays and 1 passin play. I guess we just threw the screen pass out of our big play book, we haven't ran that play in 4 weeks and that was one of our better plays.

tacklethis...

Quote from: outlaw2929 on October 19, 2014, 11:46:19 am
We have plenty of talent , they are just not using it right. 2 or 3 bad apples will ruin the rest and that's what's happening with this bunch and the coaching staff just let's it happen. It's horrible to watch. This bunch was more balanced and ran 10 times more plays in pewee, now it seems they can't run no more than 4 plays total. Not hard to defend 3 runnin plays and 1 passin play. I guess we just threw the screen pass out of our big play book, we haven't ran that play in 4 weeks and that was one of our better plays.

Speed was really what I meant by lack of talent. I was thinking the same thing about screen passes, we don't do them anymore. It's a dumpster fire here right now.

Hoggy

Quote from: outlaw2929 on October 19, 2014, 11:46:19 am
pee wee lol

Blue

The Outlaws do not pass on 1st or 2nd down we have 4 plays we run and it is basically 2 plays out of 2 different sets. I have never seen opposing defenses completely ignore the pass like I have seen the past 3-4 weeks. I hope we have expanded the playbook this week because if not it won't be pretty

Jaybo

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 18, 2014, 12:01:59 pm
At least Dierks won't have to worry about being sent home early by a 4 seed this year. Hopefully you guys enjoyed your one year hiatus from being Gurdon's whipping boy. The Go-Devils certainly reminded you this year of exactly where you stand in 2A-7 football.

You've got a lot more to worry about next week bro than what you did against Dierks earlier in the year. As far as reminding us of anything, we've got our own things to deal with down here without hearing from you. Thanks.

Jaybo

As for this game, Mt Ida just did what they do and often. The Lions have a good team this year and will give the Devils all they want and a little more next week. The Outlaws are a hot mess right now.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Jaybo on October 24, 2014, 09:41:33 pm
As for this game, Mt Ida just did what they do and often. The Lions have a good team this year and will give the Devils all they want and a little more next week. The Outlaws are a hot mess right now.

This is the best team I've seen thus far. Hands down!

Jaybo

No argument here tackle... Mt Ida is for real.

FilmCrew

First off let me say I have a lot of respect for coach Bennett and his staff. I have always thought he coaches with a lot of class. Thanks Dierks for giving us a good game. I saw a lot of kids helping each other up and very little flags thrown either way.

Mount Ida has really surprised me this year. I really thought they would struggle more than they have. I think Wilson shows a lot of leadership on the field and has really matured as a quarterback. Mount Ida causes some trouble for defences because they have a lot of weapons (Jones, Lowery, Wilson etc etc...) All of these kids like each other and you can see it when they get out in traffic. Someone cracks back and frees the other for a big gain everytime. It is really hard to get kids to get down field and block for someone else, these kids love doing it for each other.

Great win tonight, keep it up.

godgiven999

footballfrenzy

Jaybo

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 24, 2014, 10:55:11 pm
First off let me say I have a lot of respect for coach Bennett and his staff. I have always thought he coaches with a lot of class. Thanks Dierks for giving us a good game. I saw a lot of kids helping each other up and very little flags thrown either way.

Mount Ida has really surprised me this year. I really thought they would struggle more than they have. I think Wilson shows a lot of leadership on the field and has really matured as a quarterback. Mount Ida causes some trouble for defences because they have a lot of weapons (Jones, Lowery, Wilson etc etc...) All of these kids like each other and you can see it when they get out in traffic. Someone cracks back and frees the other for a big gain everytime. It is really hard to get kids to get down field and block for someone else, these kids love doing it for each other.

Great win tonight, keep it up.
I was told they are loaded with juniors (Mt. Ida). If that's the case, these guys are going to be dangerous next season.

The_Devil_Himself

The Dierks and Mt. Ida people should build a campfire behind the visitor's bleachers Friday night.........maybe sing a little kumbaya. Funny how the Outhouse crew are all #1 fans of the Gurdon weekly opponent since the Go-Devils effectively ended Dierks' season in week 4.

outlaws4life26

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 25, 2014, 03:52:25 pm
The Dierks and Mt. Ida people should build a campfire behind the visitor's bleachers Friday night.........maybe sing a little kumbaya. Funny how the Outhouse crew are all #1 fans of the Gurdon weekly opponent since the Go-Devils effectively ended Dierks' season in week 4.
Come on Devil not all Outlaw fans are against Gurdon. I only hate them the week of the Dierks game now that is long gone I will be keeping up with Gurdon in the playoffs. BTW i did pick Gurdon to win this week against Mt. Ida.

Jaybo

Devils didn't effectively end anything for anyone. They didn't end LC's season and won't end Mt. Ida's either.  I'm not a fan of Mt Ida or Gurdon. I pull for my hometown team. Just because someone states their opinion doesn't mean they are against you. I've seen both teams play. I picked the Lions because I believe they'll win by a small margin. I think it will be hard fought but it is still my opinion. Opinions are like dung holes. Everyone has them and they all stink (mine and even yours). If the Devils win, congrats. I know whoever wins this one will have to earn that sucker.

Ball Hawk

LOL, that's actually hilarious

+1

Mohawk 54

Quote from: Jaybo on October 26, 2014, 01:25:04 pm
Devils didn't effectively end anything for anyone. They didn't end LC's season and won't end Mt. Ida's either.  I'm not a fan of Mt Ida or Gurdon. I pull for my hometown team. Just because someone states their opinion doesn't mean they are against you. I've seen both teams play. I picked the Lions because I believe they'll win by a small margin. I think it will be hard fought but it is still my opinion. Opinions are like dung holes. Everyone has them and they all stink (mine and even yours). If the Devils win, congrats. I know whoever wins this one will have to earn that sucker.
  I agree Jaybo, the winner will have to earn it. It should be a great Friday Night, just hope the Go-Devils can pull it off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas