• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well this ones over....

Started by amehr36, October 17, 2014, 07:09:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

amehr36

Bearden is already done.  I actually miss the Smackover folks.

dragondad

Ohhhh no.....it's far from being "over"

amehr36

dragondad

No really, Dragons have plenty of time to score more.

dart

yep they will run it up as much as possible

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Proud Buckaroo

dragondad

Make no mistake, it could have been 70 - 0 if Coach C hadn't called for the I and ran straight blast the whole second half with 3rd and 4th stringers.

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, I was not saying it was a terrible win by no means.

The_Devil_Himself

So, which night does JC play it's Louisiana conference schedule on?

thabeast428

Played after the Bearden game haha considering our 1st string offense didn't play any the 2nd half they were ready

The G Gaint

Why ever time somebody always got to say something about Louisiana when they talk about junction city

BigBrother

I guess that means Arkansas kids cant compare with Louisiana kids.

Jug head

JC is like a 15 year old playing little league and then bragging all the time how good he is. Don't matter were the kids are from just there is to many for 2A.

dragondad

Nope, not to many....been proven time and time again. Guess we're back to coaching and skill....

Jug head

Bull, y'all had 40 something kids last year in football witch I am pretty sure two were white, then I watched y'all play baseball at pine bluff and there were 15-20 white boys. Nothing about race just saying I have seen a lot of 2A sports and except for a few that focus on one sport you see the same kids on all sports except JC the number don't add up. It ok, y'all can keep beating your chest for having  a great 3A program playing down.

THA TRUTH

thabeast428

U want some cheese to go with that wine? Bc obviously u dnt know how they determine classifications

THA TRUTH

Actually by stating what he did he does know how they do classifications but by actually knowing the school and the kids we know it's just a stupid post

BUCK FEVER

one thing for sure, you have already played the best team you will face this year in week one...................go ahead and order the rings........this deal is done.

THA TRUTH

Jug head

Ha didn't say I don't have much respect for JC program and coaches and they are a big part of the success and love how when someone try's to prove a point it's wineing. Maybe JC is a all boys school to keep the numbers down. Just saying what I saw with my on eyes.

bleudog

October 18, 2014, 11:12:21 pm #23 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:37:54 am by bleudog
Quote from: Jug head on October 18, 2014, 10:09:26 pm
Bull, y'all had 40 something kids last year in football witch I am pretty sure two were white, then I watched y'all play baseball at pine bluff and there were 15-20 white boys. Nothing about race just saying I have seen a lot of 2A sports and except for a few that focus on one sport you see the same kids on all sports except JC the number don't add up. It ok, y'all can keep beating your chest for having  a great 3A program playing down.

I can see why you call yourself jug head.  So here we go again:

Quote from: bleudog on October 05, 2014, 07:33:08 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 05, 2014, 05:44:52 am
Dancy from JC is a good back, but without their 3a numbers, and those recruited linemen from the swamps, he wouldn't be breaking these records..

The smallest 3A school is Danville with 188 in grades 9-10-11.

As of October 2013, JC had 338 total (Arkansas and Ward 9) students in grades 7 thru 12 .  CLICK HERE page 2

I don't have a class-by-class total, but that's an average of 56.3 per class.  Assuming the 9-10-11 grades are of average size, that would put JC at 169 for classification purposes.  That could be off a little because of the assumption, but is about the same as Murfreesboro, England or Rison and still a pretty good ways from Danville's 188.

Here are the 2A schools with at least 160 students in those three grades (some don't field football teams):

187.00 PANGBURN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.33 WALNUT RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.00 GURDON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
185.00 CARLISLE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
181.67 RIVERSIDE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.33 SALEM HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.00 KIPP: DELTA COLLEGE PREP SCHO 2A   
178.33 TUCKERMAN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
174.33 BENTON COUNTY SCH O/T ARTS H 2A   
172.67 MARMADUKE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
171.33 EAST POINSETT CO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.67 RISON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.33 ENGLAND HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
168.00 MURFREESBORO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BIGELOW HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BUFFALO ISLAND CENTRAL HIGH 2A   
165.00 LAFAYETTE COUNTY HIGH SCHOO 2A   
163.33 SLOAN-HENDRIX HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
163.00 PALESTINE-WHEATLEY HIGH SCH 2A   
161.33 HACKETT HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
160.67 DES ARC HIGH SCHOOL 2A   

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT_14-16.pdf

JC reports all students to the ADE in the manner required by the ADE (Out-of-state kids have been reported thru the APSCN transmission under the "O" group).
The AAA has access to all ADE numbers and could make any classification adjustment the out-of-state numbers would call for.

Wilson

October 18, 2014, 11:19:09 pm #24 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:24:33 pm by Wilson
Pretty sure you weren't watching JC.   that or your just talking out of your backside jug head.   there were over 20 white players on JC's 2013 foottball  team. .bleu could post the official state championship photo if you like. . so your whole theory is blown. . now run along

66SSV

Some of the football boys play baseball
9,11,55,52 on the football team were starters on the baseball team from last year that only leaves 5 starters that don't play football. 

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on October 18, 2014, 11:19:09 pm
Pretty sure you weren't watching JC.   that or your just talking out of your backside jug head.   there were over 20 white players on JC's team. .bleu could post the official state championship photo if you like. . so your whole theory is blown. . now run along

W, when it comes to Dragons, all I see is purple and gold:  CLICK HERE

THA TRUTH

Taylor mason didn't play baseball last year 63 Colton pratt started

RiverEagle079

I think you need to change the title to "Well this season's over where are our 2014 rings."

Jug head

Ok if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I did watch football in a rain storm that night. Guess JC just knows something everyone else doesn't.

THA TRUTH

It's not hard to understand man kids want to be apart of great things and what jc has going is something great

Wilson

Me either. . never have seen any color but purple and gold.   .learned that a long time ago from a pretty good coach at JC from back in the day. . i called them all brothers. .still do. . but when someone who obviously has no idea what he's talking about says something like that. .in another useless attempt to say that JC's cheating in some form or fashion.   it burns me up. . especially when they can be proven wrong so easily

BigBrother

55,11,63,9,80, all played bb and fb. What the jug dont understand is JC kids participate unlike other schools. All programs well coached and supported. Also jug 22,11,52,53,55,63,24,all were white. Are you showing a tinge of racism.

Jug head

Nope not at all, I said I must be wrong I just didn't see those kids in football be if they were there then I am wrong, JC coaches must have an amazing way to get all the kids to play sports, much respect.

dragondad

I had a whole post written, then fat fingered it and deleted on accident.  So, here's the short version.

Bleu....I wish I had $1 for every time you've had to make that post to prove our enrollment.

Jug....that was one of the dumbest comments I've seen concerning our participation rate.

Here's the deal and I don't know why some people can't figure it out. We've had a lot of success in a lot of sports. These kids see that and want to be a part of it, who wouldn't? They see it from the earliest of ages. Even our youth/pee wee sports program is busting at the seams. Kids want in because they don't want to be left out. We've had dry spells, even in the last 11 years and during those times our participation dropped....tremendously. Some day, we'll hit another dry spell...maybe, but until then we're loaded. Has nothing to do with color or where they lay their head at night. It's desire, hard work, the skill of our coaches to motivate and teach, and the willingness of our kids to learn and succeed. It's not centered on color ratios, those 3-4 LA kids, or the 30+ AR kids. It's centered on the community as a whole and even the surrounding communities we compete against.

It kills me to go to a game and see 20 kids on the opposing sideline and 20, or less, people in their stands....at home or on the road. Kids are hungry, they feed off of attention and praise and acceptance. The 12th man theory is spot on, without the unwavering support from those behind the fence no program will ever be successful for very long, if at all. Stop making excuses and start investing your efforts in motivating these kids, all of them, not just your own. Down here, they're ALL "our" kids, individually and as a whole.

OK, maybe not so short, but definitely a lot less offensive than the first one I wrote.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas