• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-8

Started by bleudog, October 06, 2014, 08:35:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Thru 10-3-14:

Bearden   3-0 (t 1st)
WINS: Parkers Chapel (44-20), Strong (42-24), Hampton (42-13),
LOSSES: none

Junction City   3-0 (t 1st)
WINS: Rison (48-8), Hampton (72-0), Hermitage (68-8),

Woodlawn   3-0 (t 1st)
WINS: Parkers Chapel (34-26), Hampton (30-7), Hermitage (20-14),

Rison        1-1 (t 4th)
WINS: Hermitage (57-20),
LOSSES: Junction City (48-8)      

Strong    2-2 (t 4th)
WINS: Hampton (16-0), Hermitage (48-22),
LOSSES: Bearden (42-24), Parkers Chapel (46-30)      

Parkers Chapel   1-2 (6th)
WINS: Strong (46-30),
LOSSES: Bearden (44-20), Woodlawn (34-26)      

Hampton   0-4 (t 8th)
WINS: none,
LOSSES: Junction City (72-0), Bearden (42-13), Woodlawn (30-7), Strong (16-0)      

Hermitage   0-4 (t 8th)
WINS: none,
LOSSES: Junction City (68-8), Rison (57-20), Woodlawn (20-14), Strong (48-22)      

Dragon I

So, Hampton, Hermitage, and Strong are staying home.  PC has the five seed.  Rison, Woodlawn, and Bearden are playing for the 2 seed.  The Rison and Woodlawn game will be a quick one with those two offenses.  They could catch Bearden trying to heal up and mess up the Bears plans for hosting a playoff game.  Who gets the luck of hosting PC in round one?

bleudog

Quote from: Dragon I on October 06, 2014, 10:33:50 pm
So, Hampton, Hermitage, and Strong are staying home.  PC has the five seed.  Rison, Woodlawn, and Bearden are playing for the 2 seed.  The Rison and Woodlawn game will be a quick one with those two offenses.  They could catch Bearden trying to heal up and mess up the Bears plans for hosting a playoff game.  Who gets the luck of hosting PC in round one?

PC lost to Woodlawn
Strong lost to PC

The Woodlawn-Strong game is looking to be one that could put tiebreaker points into play to decide a playoff spot.

Dragon I

Woodlawns offense will take a toll on Strong.  I figure the Bears will take control of the game in the second half.

#72 Bearden Bear

Bearden and Rison will be for 2nd. Woodlawn's run is over, don't see them winning another conf game this year.

Dragon I

Really?  With the way Bearden and Rison have looked this year, I think they have a legitimate shot in those games.  Especially against Rison.  They're as one dimensional as you can be.  I have no faith in Strong beating anyone.

#72 Bearden Bear

October 07, 2014, 09:29:50 am #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:48:40 am by #72 Bearden Bear
really

cuz

I think it will end up like this...........
JC
Bearden
Rison
Woodlawn
PC
Strong
Hermitage
Hampton

green-eagle

nope, its
JC
Rison
Woodlawn
Bearden..........

hornetfever

Is the Bearden RB still out with injury? Hooties had him getting a MRI a week or so ago? I hear he is a very good player. Ross I think was his name.

THA TRUTH

He is an ok player not real good young is the only real good player on that team

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 07, 2014, 05:13:38 pm
He is an ok player not real good young is the only real good player on that team
[/quote

I think we need to rename you Ace Ventura, the one that talks out of his @$$.

THA TRUTH

He is lack luster and would struggle to see the field if he played on the past bearden teams

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 07, 2014, 05:26:57 pm
He is lack luster and would struggle to see the field if he played on the past bearden teams

So....are you trying to say the rest of the 2A-8 is down now?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: HF on October 07, 2014, 05:30:31 pm

He's stating that the whole state is inferior to their team

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 07, 2014, 05:33:03 pm
Quote from: HF on October 07, 2014, 05:30:31 pm

He's stating that the whole state is inferior to their team

I knew that...but he was actually being somewhat insightful for once instead of your team sucks....

THA TRUTH

Listen I know jc is doing great stuff now and it is impressive but I also will not sit here and act like competition isn't down compared to past teams I know some say I'm just taking away from jc success but it's true and yes the 8 is down some but is still better than most conferences top to bottom

#72 Bearden Bear

Ok player my $%^!!!!! Ross is one of the best players on the team. Young does a lot for the team, but he's not the only one. We've had plenty of younger players step up when called upon, and when Ross gets back you'll see how good he really is. So why don't you talk about something you think you know about (football I guess), and less about someone you don't know about.

THA TRUTH

I've seen him play multiple times and he didn't impress either time sorry

Dragon I

Folks be trippin over tha truth tonite

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 07, 2014, 07:36:15 pm
Ok player my $%^!!!!! Ross is one of the best players on the team. Young does a lot for the team, but he's not the only one. We've had plenty of younger players step up when called upon, and when Ross gets back you'll see how good he really is. So why don't you talk about something you think you know about (football I guess), and less about someone you don't know about.

Truth said that compared to past bearden teams/players...Your arguing that he's the best player on this team.

What truth is saying is that Bearden is down compared to years past....

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on October 07, 2014, 08:58:04 pm
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 07, 2014, 07:36:15 pm

Truth said that compared to past bearden teams/players...Your arguing that he's the best player on this team.

What truth is saying is that Bearden is down compared to years past....
No, he's talking about Ross.

THA TRUTH

If y'all weren't so simple minded u could see that HF is correct as I did state he wouldn't play on past bearden teams cause he isn't that good and by saying bearden isn't good it means they are down so yea

cuz

The only thing down about Bearden are the numbers, too many players playing both ways, and no depth for injuries. If they get healthy they will be pretty tough. Their Defense seems a little weak as I've never seen that many points scored on them but then again the coach could be playing subs to protect his key players for the playoffs. No doubt they'll be in the playoffs and it will be at the 2nd or 3rd spot depending on Rison, not Woodlawn.........

Dragon I

Cuz has a lot more faith in Bearden and Rison this year than I do.

dragonpride27

How long is Ross gonna act hurt by the way?  Is young gonna go get an MRI to before the JC game?  If not he will have to afterwards...HAHAHA

Juco soldier

I know that teams like PC & Smackover are really benefitting from the closure of Norphlet football and schools.  Schools like woodlawn and pc don't have to fight those leopards anymore who seem to somehow win with a handful of players. imo that hurt this conference a lot with them not being there and competitive.  Besides the top 3 teams, you can argue the rest of the league is mediocre at best and unless they get a good draw for a playoff spot I don't see them going past the 1st rd.  Even Rison is not as elite of a team as they used to be, but still way above pc/strong/woodlawn.

HorseFeathers

You boys from junction city keep softening up those other teams in your league, will make it easier for us to upset them when theycome to hector

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 09:16:39 am
You boys from junction city keep softening up those other teams in your league, will make it easier for us to upset them when theycome to hector
Maybe JC can come to Hector...

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on October 08, 2014, 07:33:13 am
Cuz has a lot more faith in Bearden and Rison this year than I do.
Theres a old saying, it's better to let sleeping dogs lay, that pertains to Bears also..... ;)

HorseFeathers

Sorry cuz We don't allow girly purple wearing teams to play on our field cuz  8)

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 06:18:00 pm
Sorry cuz We don't allow girly purple wearing teams to play on our field cuz  8)
We can get new ones............ ;D

02cat

Yeah just ask England, we don't like purple at home.

lionfan59

Quote from: 02cat on October 08, 2014, 07:37:53 pm
Yeah just ask England, we don't like purple at home.
we shall have to change that opinion for ya this year if we get a chance!!!!!!

bleudog

Calpreps' 10/10/14 projections:

2A REGION 8
Hermitage (AR) at Norphlet (AR)
Parkers Chapel (El Dorado, AR) at Junction City (AR)   [projection: Junction City (AR) 60-13]
Hampton (AR) at Rison (AR)   [projection: Rison (AR) 35-12]
Bearden (AR) at Woodlawn (Rison, AR)   [projection: Bearden (AR) 28-21]

mtindian42

could be wrong. but I don't see woodlawn keeping it that close...

THA TRUTH

It's a great chance they do bearden really isn't that good

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 09, 2014, 03:54:45 pm
could be wrong. but I don't see woodlawn keeping it that close...
Your not wrong, Woodlawn beat PC 34-26 and barely pulled out that win. Bearden beat PC 44-20 and it really was worse than the score indicated. I just can't see this staying close for more than a half. Could be wrong but don't think so..............

THA TRUTH

Ur kidding me the PC game was closer than the score showed PC was moving the ball extremely well against bearden especially when in the wildcat

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 09, 2014, 06:34:49 pm
Ur kidding me the PC game was closer than the score showed PC was moving the ball extremely well against bearden especially when in the wildcat
What can't you comprehend about a 24 point win, Rison moved the ball against JC good one set of plays and how'd that turn out.... A 24 pt win versas a 8 pt win at the last second. Saw the Bearden game, listened to the Woodlawn game, no comparison.............

Dragon I

Wow.  Cuz, I've talked to a lot of people about the PC/Bearden game and you're the first to be of the opinion that it was a blowout and one sided.  There were a lot of neutral fans at that game.  Not to mention all of the struggles Bearden had with Strong last week.  I will be surprised if Bearden pulls away from Woodlawn.  A few turnovers and this game could get really exciting.

THA TRUTH

PC drove the ball all night and if u watched the game u would've seen that also but couldn't cash in cause of poor play calling especially when they had the opportunity to pull within 7 late in the third by running Jackson up the middle and getting stuffed three straight plays when hay was making people look dumb running the ball  PC fell apart when they fumbled the ball and bearden scored to put it up to 21 when PC was in complete charge of the third period but after that scoop that went down to the 5  PC gave up that's when young broke free  but the game was a lot closer than bearden people will want to admit

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on October 09, 2014, 07:47:29 pm
Wow.  Cuz, I've talked to a lot of people about the PC/Bearden game and you're the first to be of the opinion that it was a blowout and one sided.  There were a lot of neutral fans at that game.  Not to mention all of the struggles Bearden had with Strong last week.  I will be surprised if Bearden pulls away from Woodlawn.  A few turnovers and this game could get really exciting.
Bottom line both games final score. To things very similar in PC and Woodlawn, one they both are baseball oriented, two they barely win, when they do. Bearden is football, no ands, ifs or buts. They find a way to win and convincingly. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but don't think so......
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 09, 2014, 07:50:54 pm
PC drove the ball all night and if u watched the game u would've seen that also but couldn't cash in cause of poor play calling especially when they had the opportunity to pull within 7 late in the third by running Jackson up the middle and getting stuffed three straight plays when hay was making people look dumb running the ball  PC fell apart when they fumbled the ball and bearden scored to put it up to 21 when PC was in complete charge of the third period but after that scoop that went down to the 5  PC gave up that's when young broke free  but the game was a lot closer than bearden people will want to admit
Kinda like the Smackover/JC game, I do believe it was the 3rd quarter before JC started to kick booty. JC wins a lot of games because of conditioning. They're winners and find away to do it in close games, when they have them.........

THA TRUTH

So u are comparing a supposed blow out from what u say to a close game that no one can deny

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 09, 2014, 08:02:12 pm
So u are comparing a supposed blow out from what u say to a close game that no one can deny
Let's see truth with your brilliant mind what's the difference here, JC 33 Smackover 19, 24 pt win,  Bearden 44 PC 20, 24 pt win. Both won in the 2nd half both very close at half time. Do I think JC's win was ever in doubt, no, ended up just like I thought, the same with Bearden. I just give credit where credit's do instead of biased opinions...........

THA TRUTH

Hmm I like ur math with ur brilliant mind and also I'm not biased at all for PC I'm just not gonna deny the fact that PC gave bearden a game they weren't expecting

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 09, 2014, 08:14:35 pm
Hmm I like Ur math with Ur brilliant mind and also I'm not biased at all for PC I'm just not gonna deny the fact that PC gave bearden a game they weren't expecting
Yeah and I never got to go to college, like you. Never said PC didn't give Bearden a game. PC plays everyone fairly good for a short time. But end results Bearden did win and convincingly. Bearden doesn't have the players they normally have, especially number wise. But they like to win and have only ones to challenge JC year in and out. I just have respect for them.......A win by 24 pts isn't a close game by any ones standards..........

THA TRUTH

Was the 07 football game a close one between jc and bearden???

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 09, 2014, 08:26:45 pm
Was the 07 football game a close one between jc and bearden???
No.....
2001 Junction City Bearden 50-0         
2002 Junction City Bearden 28-14         
2003 Junction City Bearden 42-0         
2004 Bearden Junction City 14-20         
2005 Junction City Bearden 53-8         
2006-11-02 Junction City Bearden 45-36         
2007-11-02 Bearden Junction City 28-6         
2008-10-03 Bearden Junction City 0-43         
2009-10-02 Junction City Bearden 12-14         
2009-12-12 Bearden Junction City 14-24 Playoffs       
2010-10-08 Junction City Bearden 8-35         
2010-11-19 Bearden Junction City 27-8 Playoffs       
2011-10-07 Bearden Junction City 12-13         
2012-09-14 Junction City Bearden 20-14         
2012-12-07 Junction City Bearden 27-26 Playoffs       
2013-09-20 Bearden Junction City 8-13         

THA TRUTH

I'm aware of the score trust me but until 3 minutes in the game the score was 14-6 then Carlos chambers ran a fumble back for 70 yards and show scrambled in after we gained no yards on any passes from our 35 what I'm getting at is that even though the final score is 20 or more it didn't get that way until 45 min of the 48 min game had past

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas