• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dixon

Started by rattlerfan24, October 01, 2011, 11:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

September 20, 2014, 06:14:48 pm #300 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:17:17 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

NSU.  0
Tech. 7

Takes a short pass 38 yards for a TD

bleudog

TD for KD

NSU.  10
Tech. 20

1:04 left in the third

bleudog

September 21, 2014, 09:11:05 am #302 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:21:47 am by bleudog
KD's stat line looked solid for the NSU game:

RUSHING        
Attempts   22     
Gain        105     
Loss            2     
Net          103     
TD               2     
Long          17     
Average    4.7

RECEIVING
Receptions   2     
Yards         41
TD               1     
Long          38 

but the Dawgs lost one they shouldn't have to a FCS school on a last second field goal. 

1)  Lost the penalty battle:
        Number-Yards     
NSU    3-30     
Tech   8-74

2)  Lost the turnover battle 5-2 and those 5 turnovers (3 ints and 2 fumbles) resulted in 23 points for the Demons.  KD had one of the fumbles that led to NSU's field goal that tied the game late.

Next week is this season's second money game (Auburn).

bleudog

September 27, 2014, 05:16:26 pm #303 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:19:48 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

La Tech      10
Auburn       24

6:54 left in the third

KD's 37th rushing TD...he's now #2 by himself in Tech history for most rushing TDs in a career.

bleudog

TD for KD

La Tech      17
Auburn       38

10:27 left in the game

bleudog

TD for KD

UTEP      0
La Tech  7

9:59 left in the first

Dixon had carried to the 4 on the prior play and his heal came out of his cleat on the tackle.  Made the 4 yard TD run before he had a chance to fix his shoe. 

Game is on Fox College Sports

bleudog

NCAA FBS Total TD Leaders after 10/04/14 games:

Jarvion Franklin   Western Mich.   RB      12
Ameer Abdullah   Nebraska          RB     12
Jay Ajayi           Boise St.           RB      10
Kenneth Dixon   Louisiana Tech   RB      10
Melvin Gordon   Wisconsin          RB      10
Nelson Spruce   Colorado           WR      10

lionfan59

What is Dixon taking a break only having 10 TD so far.....LOL ;D ;D ;D

bleudog

TD for KD

Tech up 27-10 over UTSA with 4:35 left in the 3rd.

godgiven999

What was KD doing punching a player and throwing them into a full Nelson

footballfrenzy

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 18, 2014, 01:50:18 pm
Yeah...that was some bush league stuff by Dixon. Does La Tech play their games at Woodlawn? Zero fans.

bleudog

October 18, 2014, 02:49:26 pm #311 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:43:11 pm by bleudog
KD - 28 for 121

That's his 14th 100 yard game and sets the Tech career record.

Tech wins 27-20

bleudog

October 18, 2014, 07:01:13 pm #312 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:33:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 18, 2014, 01:57:01 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 18, 2014, 01:50:18 pm
Yeah...that was some bush league stuff by Dixon. Does La Tech play their games at Woodlawn? Zero fans.

A little over 18K was the announced attendance and that probably was padded by 3K or so.  Kickoff time wasn't set until relatively late (TV is a two edged sword).  First 11:00 A.M. kickoff ever in Ruston and it showed.

I couldn't see what Dixon did from where I was sitting but some of the posts on BB&B said he probably should have been benched.  Out of character and uncalled for (somebody posted KD had been held on the previous play without getting the flag but still uncalled for).  Way too many unsportsmanlikes on both sides.  Coker seems too have brought that part of his Miami background with him to SA.

footballfrenzy

I watched the whole game on tv. La Tech players were the instigators on most accounts. Dixon also flopped on the sideline well after the play had ended. Looking like Lebron on the wing after a tiny slight bump.

He did get slightly held on the okay before he had his temper tantrum. It was on a screen and a DE grabbed on so he couldn't get to his spot. IMO, he should be sitting out at least a half next game. His antics were well over the line.

Wilson

You do realize KD is from Strong and not JC right?. . that might make you change your mind about sitting him. . see all this JC hate on the boards and bleu being KD's biggest cheerleader here. . I'm afraid all this JC hate is starting to transfer to KD ;)

THA TRUTH

Did u see what he did??? I to believe he should sit after that

Wilson

Yeah i saw what happened .   but did you see that also at least twice i saw KD on after and during tackles getting punched. . shall we say low.   real low. . once he had to leave for several plays. . that one was right in front of the ref.  KD said something to the ref and he shook his head as if to say.   i didn't see it. .which on replay he was looking right at it. . KD may have thought he wasn't going to get any help from the refs and felt like he had to retaliate . . no excuse though. .  that being said if someone punches me in the"boys" twice and the refs not do anything about it. . i might lose my cool too

footballfrenzy

I'm fully aware that he's from Strong. He needs to sit and I didn't see any of that bull you're talking about, and as I said I watched the entire game. What he did you can't blatantly do, not in a pile, standing over a player on the sideline. Just. Can't. Do. It.

Wilson

I watched the game too. . He got punched in the boys.   twice. . I've also watched UTSA play 2 other games this year and twice last year. . like bleu said they seem to have adopted Coker's dirty play that he had at Miami. . i saw the same stuff against Ok State and Tech last year and against Arizon this year. . Not condoning what KD did. . but if a team has a history of punching opposing players in the crotch and then punch me there a couple times and the refs not do anything about it i might lose my cool too. .  you just gonna sit there and do nothing if it happened to you?

footballfrenzy

Not that it matters bc I could care less about all involved, team wise. Miami was the "dirty" Miami welllllllll before Coker got there in 2001 I believe. Also, not that it really matters again, KD got hacked off bc he was held on the previous screen play.

Wilson

So KD told you exactly why he was upset huh? . . that whole getn punched in the crotch he got over easily .   but hold him and he's gonna go off. . .yes they played dirty before Coker got to UM . . but he coached them for several years and it was just as bad or worse at times. . .he dang sure didn't do anything to clean it up. .

footballfrenzy

We can agree on Coker not doing much to clean up that program. The rest is up for assumptions, and you know what they say about assuming...

bleudog

October 20, 2014, 07:39:54 am #322 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:09:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 18, 2014, 11:23:56 pm
I watched the whole game on tv. La Tech players were the instigators on most accounts. Dixon also flopped on the sideline well after the play had ended. Looking like Lebron on the wing after a tiny slight bump.

He did get slightly held on the okay before he had his temper tantrum. It was on a screen and a DE grabbed on so he couldn't get to his spot. IMO, he should be sitting out at least a half next game. His antics were well over the line.

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 19, 2014, 10:15:46 pm
Not that it matters bc I could care less about all involved, team wise. Miami was the "dirty" Miami welllllllll before Coker got there in 2001 I believe. Also, not that it really matters again, KD got hacked off bc he was held on the previous screen play.

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 19, 2014, 10:46:53 pm
We can agree on Coker not doing much to clean up that program. The rest is up for assumptions, and you know what they say about assuming...

Coker not doing much to "clean" Miami up is a bit of an understatement. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2628365

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2006/oct/18/u-at-miami-stands-for-unsportsmanlike-coker-says/

And UTSA seems to show the same gameplan is in place there:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jakel11/who-are-the-dirtiest-teams-in-college-football-answer-the-on#1zy23q7

KD lost his cool but Coker's teams have a reputation for singling out the key players on the other team and trying to get them ejected or getting the first unsportsmenlike on them to take them out of their game fearing the second.  Did the ref miss a call or did KD's and Coker's respective reputations cause the ref to let it stand?  Either would be an assumption on our parts.

I did notice the flop (even from the top row).  The play was a few plays after the one in question.  UTSA player pushed KD in the facemask on the sideline after the whistle.  The flop (as silly as it looked) probably kept KD in the game.  If KD had pushed back KD probably would have been tossed.  Hey, if he would have done a one-arm flop like the LSU kid, the UTSA guy might have been flagged. ;D

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/lsu-safetys-ridiculous-flop-will-go-down-in-flopping-history

bleudog

October 20, 2014, 11:49:04 am #323 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:07:29 pm by bleudog
From KD's twitter account:

Kenneth Dixon @_BONEHEAD_tez_    1h

Would like to apologize for my behavior in the game Saturday will never happen again

#WeAreLATech #WeAreTechFamily

Wilson

Like i was saying . . he was out of line. . but clearly provoked. .   i saw 2 separate times he was punched low. . no telling what i missed in the pile orwhen the camera wasn't on him

bleudog

Wilson

Nice 84 yard catch a run by KD for the score.

bleudog

October 25, 2014, 04:30:37 pm #327 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:08:39 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

Takes a middle screen 84 yards.

Tech    10
S Miss   7

14:14 left in the third.

bleudog

October 25, 2014, 05:03:14 pm #328 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:05:04 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

5 yard TD reception

Tech   17
S Miss 10

0:55 left in the third

bleudog

TD for KD

1 yard run

Tech   31
S Miss 13

4:06 left in the game

bleudog

October 26, 2014, 12:42:23 pm #330 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:47:42 pm by bleudog
Highlights from the USM game:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Not too bad for a 2A player from Union County.  ;D

cuz

bleudog

October 30, 2014, 07:40:16 am #333 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:22:27 am by bleudog
Here's wishing the kids from Gardner-Strong Elementary see KD hang 200 on WKU:  CLICK HERE

And + a bunch to the folks on the Tech message board for helping out with the project:  CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on October 30, 2014, 07:40:16 am
Here's wishing the kids from Gardner-Strong see KD hang 200 on WKU:  CLICK HERE
Thanks for the updates bleu, always a pleasure to read about a 2a player doing well, good luck Sat. KD.....

Wilson

That's awesome buying those tix like that. . .Tech Alumni did good

bleudog

TD foir KD

Tech takes a 7-0 lead over WKU with a 40+ yard run by KD.

Game should be on Fox Sports SW.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on November 01, 2014, 02:22:42 pm
TD foir KD

Tech takes a 7-0 lead over WKU with a 40+ yard run by KD.

Game should be on Fox Sports SW.
Watching it on FSN, heck of a run by Dixon on TD....

Wilson

November 01, 2014, 03:57:11 pm #338 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:05:58 pm by Wilson
Couple of things.   first that stadium just looks so strange to me without the hill on the south end. . been seeing that hill since i first went to a game there when i was 5. .  second thing is the tarp behind Diaz isn't to hide his defensive signs. . its so the players can see him easier because of the glare from the sun. . dang commentators just making it up as they go i guess. .  ;)

bleudog

W, like B.B. said (sort of), "the hill is gone."

Wilson

To a little kid watching those players come down that hill was so cool.  . .loved it

bleudog

November 01, 2014, 04:27:01 pm #341 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:30:19 pm by bleudog
TD for KD

18 yard TD reception

WKU.  10
Tech. 38

11:40 left in the third

Wilson

Tech is sho-nuff. whoop'n. that hilltopper A** . . .if only they had taken care of business against NSU they might be n knocking on the top 25's door after today

cuz

They are definitely taking care of business against WK................

bleudog

November 08, 2014, 11:21:49 am #344 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:27:55 am by bleudog
TD for KD

12 yard rushing score

Tech.     7
UAB.      0

About 9 minutes left in the first.

bleudog

TD for KD

6 yard rushing score

Tech.  14
UAB.    3

End of the first

bleudog

TD for KD

5 yard rushing score

Tech.  21
UAB.   10

About 2 min left in the half

bleudog

KD bruised his ribs on the third TD. No shoulder pads for the second half.   

Wilson

Techs on a roll. . .how close are they to clinching the west?

bleudog

November 09, 2014, 08:50:00 am #349 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:00:13 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on November 09, 2014, 02:12:39 am
Techs on a roll. . .how close are they to clinching the west?

Rice is the only one that can catch the Dawgs. Believe the magic number is two.  Two wins by Tech, two losses by Rice or a win by Tech/loss by Rice takes the west and sets up a championship game with Marshall.

Tech and Rice meet in Ruston for the last regular season game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas