• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay Vs Norfork

Started by lorettalynn, October 24, 2014, 11:57:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lorettalynn

We will see how good Norfork is today .

HorseFeathers

BasketballCoach45

It is at Norfork during the Twin Rivers Classic. It is the last game of the night and I believe it starts at 7:00

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballCoach45 on October 24, 2014, 12:03:52 pm
It is at Norfork during the Twin Rivers Classic. It is the last game of the night and I believe it starts at 7:00

Will it be worth my drive?

bulldog42

Quote from: HF on October 24, 2014, 12:05:40 pm

You might have time to catch the 8:50 start at ICC of Flippin vs ICC :)  of course it may be Saturday at noon before you get home. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 24, 2014, 12:10:10 pm

You might have time to catch the 8:50 start at ICC of Flippin vs ICC :)  of course it may be Saturday at noon before you get home. 

That wouldn't work, I gotta be at work at 6:45 in the morning lol, was supposed to have a 3 Day weekend, but after 6 weeks they still haven't hired folks to fill our openings at work, So I get to work 17 out of 19 days what fun!

bulldog42

Quote from: HF on October 24, 2014, 12:12:24 pm
Quote from: bulldog42 on October 24, 2014, 12:10:10 pm

That wouldn't work, I gotta be at work at 6:45 in the morning lol, was supposed to have a 3 Day weekend, but after 6 weeks they still haven't hired folks to fill our openings at work, So I get to work 17 out of 19 days what fun!
That stinks, maybe they will get it worked out for you before long.

BasketballCoach45

it should be well worth the drive. I feel it will be a competative game as long as both teams can play without fouling a whole bunch.

Woodrow1

Quote from: BasketballCoach45 on October 24, 2014, 12:25:07 pm
it should be well worth the drive. I feel it will be a competative game as long as both teams can play without fouling a whole bunch.

Bay will win by 20 plus.  Guaranteed.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Woodrow1 on October 24, 2014, 01:41:24 pm

Or your money back??   Lol

WhatsUrRingSize

That would be nice but I  don't think it will be that much of a blowout.

Woodrow1

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 24, 2014, 02:50:40 pm

That would be nice but I  don't think it will be that much of a blowout.

Norfork lost their best player, point guard, and shooting guard from last year.  They will be down more than people think.  Plus getting used to a new coach and style of play early will hurt them.  If Bay doesn't win by 20 or more, then they aren't as good as advertised.

PuddlePirate12

They're already not as good as advertised. Someone else guaranteed 30 point blowouts all season

Mamba13

Not so fast Bay fans norfork is at home and they play well there Lewis goes off scores 30 plus but bay wins 81-77. Just a prediction!

D6Bound

I'm always rooting for the team opposing Bay, but I am not sure if Norfork will pull this one off.

Moonshiner

What kind of defense does Bay play?  Mostly man to man?

NWA Hawg

NEArkie

Bay - 84
Norfork - 73
Final (SB)

Silky Johnson

Bay is still trying to figure out defense but they led by 20 in the third and could've won by that much. Lewis probably had 30 which kept the panthers in the game and he vastly improved his shooting. He's the best player in the 1A-2 already. Colton Watson had 37 and Tyler Pritchett had 32.

BoxNOne

Sounds like the other Bay guys didn't do much. They may have hard time finding shots.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on October 24, 2014, 09:47:08 pm
Sounds like the other Bay guys didn't do much. They may have hard time finding shots.

I would say 69pts from 2 guys , sounds like they shot a lot

PuddlePirate12

Lol you aren't very trustworthy

Silky Johnson

Both Watson and Pritchett shot decent percentages. Utley didn't take many shots but scored off put backs and free throws. Layne had a bad shooting night but he played through it. Play off the bench wasn't to bad. Crain had foul trouble but had 8-10 points. Coach Brannen will hopefully have a stout defense by Christmas break.

D6Bound

Shout out to the Panthers for not giving up and proving that the Bay lackeys aren't as invincible as they once thought they were  8)

Moonshiner

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 24, 2014, 09:45:22 pm
Bay is still trying to figure out defense but they led by 20 in the third and could've won by that much. Lewis probably had 30 which kept the panthers in the game and he vastly improved his shooting. He's the best player in the 1A-2 already. Colton Watson had 37 and Tyler Pritchett had 32.

I told you guys he was the best player in that league.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 24, 2014, 10:29:36 pm
Both Watson and Pritchett shot decent percentages. Utley didn't take many shots but scored off put backs and free throws. Layne had a bad shooting night but he played through it. Play off the bench wasn't to bad. Crain had foul trouble but had 8-10 points. Coach Brannen will hopefully have a stout defense by Christmas break.

Well obviously they should have a stout defense by Christmas. I mean come on we all know Bay has the best coach, coaching the hardest working, most talent players in all of 1a-5a  ::). I mean if teams are still scoring in the 70's on them after Christmas it has to be the fact that the refs are allowing them to shoot 10x more free throws every game. Or maybe it's still the youth that will still be causing the problems. I mean by then every starter on this team will have only started at least 50 sr high games. Yes that's what it must be the youth of this team. I mean it cant be the fact that maybe there just not as good as what everyone thought they would be or that possibly there are teams out there working just as hard as they are. I'm sure old coach Breanan will get it figured out. If not the Bay posters can help him, they always seem to have it figured out.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: fann07 on October 24, 2014, 11:02:04 pm

Well obviously they should have a stout defense by Christmas. I mean come on we all know Bay has the best coach, coaching the hardest working, most talent players in all of 1a-5a  ::). I mean if teams are still scoring in the 70's on them after Christmas it has to be the fact that the refs are allowing them to shoot 10x more free throws every game. Or maybe it's still the youth that will still be causing the problems. I mean by then every starter on this team will have only started at least 50 sr high games. Yes that's what it must be the youth of this team. I mean it cant be the fact that maybe there just not as good as what everyone thought they would be or that possibly there are teams out there working just as hard as they are. I'm sure old coach Breanan will get it figured out. If not the Bay posters can help him, they always seem to have it figured out.

I bet what it is is that Bay is just too kind of a team to beat people by 30 everynight. My guess is they just don't want to put other teams down like that. Or perhaps all those top 5 players that got just arent in to playing good defense. Whatever it is.. I'm sure Norfork will be a top 5 team in the Bay fans minds now. Obviously anyone who can play Bay that close is a very talented team to be that close to such superstars! Don't worry. Bay will still be undefeated state champs! Now THAT is a guarantee  :o

D6Bound

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 24, 2014, 11:13:49 pm
Quote from: fann07 on October 24, 2014, 11:02:04 pm

I bet what it is is that Bay is just too kind of a team to beat people by 30 everynight. My guess is they just don't want to put other teams down like that. Or perhaps all those top 5 players that got just arent in to playing good defense. Whatever it is.. I'm sure Norfork will be a top 5 team in the Bay fans minds now. Obviously anyone who can play Bay that close is a very talented team to be that close to such superstars! Don't worry. Bay will still be undefeated state champs! Now THAT is a guarantee  :o
The Yellow Jackets will be sharpening their stingers after that game.  :D

HorseFeathers

Wonder if now is an appropriate time to point out I was one of the folks saying that Bay would beat every 1A team by 30? The folks from Bay themselves never actually said that, not that I remember anyway

Silky Johnson

October 25, 2014, 01:00:25 am #29 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:02:46 am by Silky Johnson
These guys are right. If Bay can't beat every 1A team by 30 they should just throw in the towel.
For those who were at the game what are your thoughts?

HorseFeathers

Bay had 2 guys go off for 30 plus....and only won by 11...1a has hope for an "upset" happening in the postseason ;)

NEA Razorback olfan

After watching Hughes , they may get all they want in some conference games

PuddlePirate12

I apologize HF. I was talking more of the people that said Bay was #1 and the other nine didn't matter because they would roll through 1a.. And there were several other remarks as well that I assume were made by the Bay faithful. Like Bay can beat anyone 1a-5a any night. Some of the mid ranked 1a teams are playing them close. I don't know who the top 5a teams are but I imagine they're pretty good.

Silky Johnson

I wouldn't say Norfork is mid ranked. They played good and tried to protect their home court. They can be a top 5-10 team and could be better than last year. A good coach and the guards that replaced last years players can still shoot it. Travis Lewis is All State but I don't know how they will do against a press because, well for one I haven't seen them full court pressed. Hughes is always very athletic but they've had teams the past few years that were good but would falter at the end of the year. Most of that was due to attitudes on the court toward teammates and the coach. Those players have graduated though. I expect hughes to make state, most of these hill schools don't play teams that play the Blue Devils style in the season.

PuddlePirate12

When I said mid ranked I really meant top 10.. I have them 7th.. Does bay not press? I figured they would with all that depth off the bench

Silky Johnson

They just put Watson at one end and he would try to harass them as they brought it up the floor. They'll press at some point this year. Most of the guys were playing because a few guys had 3 fouls but Bay's sophomores off the bench have been helping out. One thing Norfork did was not quit, it was 61-41 in th 3rd with 5 minutes left in the quarter and Watson came out with 3 fouls and that's when they brought it back to single digits.

arstatechamp13

I always expect Bay to fall apart but they never do. I don't understand how they get new players and move ins and everything else and remain able to perform. I figured when Watson got there they would fall apart or at least cause a problem

D6Bound

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 25, 2014, 01:07:28 pm
I always expect Bay to fall apart but they never do. I don't understand how they get new players and move ins and everything else and remain able to perform. I figured when Watson got there they would fall apart or at least cause a problem
Well it is only the beginning of the season...

Silky Johnson

Honestly Watson is a good guy. I think his brother coaching and the pressure of being the guy to do it all at Maynard was weighing on him in that Calico Rock game.

Mississippi King

October 25, 2014, 11:48:26 pm #39 Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:57:22 pm by Mississippi King

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas