• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10/21

Started by arstatechamp13, October 20, 2014, 01:47:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arstatechamp13

Most schools' seasons should be getting underway. What games have we got for tomorrow?

MyView

Mulberry @ Sacred Heart

bulldog42

You have games tonight at ICC -
Armorel vs Bradford (SG) 3:30
Armorel vs Bradford (SB) 4:50
Marmaduke vs ICC (SG) 6:10
Marmaduke vs ICC (SB) 7:30

Also tomorrow night
Flippin will be at Western Grove.  The SR girls will be playing the SR Boys will be a JV game.

Bigbird2012

Dermott @ Emerson
Kirby @ Sparkman
Caddo Hills @ Nevada

bulldog42

Norfork Classic for 10/21
Valley Springs vs Viola (SG) 4:00
Valley Springs vs Bay (SB) 5:30
Norfork vs Jasper (SG) 7:00
Cotter vs Jasper (SB) 8:30

HorseFeathers

County line @ wonderview....might go to this one if i get off work earlier than today...

bulldog42

Alpena @ St. Paul
Deer @ Oark 10/20
Deer @ Kingston 10/21

WPWells

Someone should run some sort of season-long 1A pick'em!

Silky Johnson

Not blaming anyone because I know that phone service is fickle but I hope we can get most of the scores from tonight posted.

HorseFeathers

12th man its so hard to get scores for 1a that it'd be a difficult thying to do....

WPWells

Yeah I understand. It's so much harder to do that for basketball

HorseFeathers

you dont happen to have any connections to county line? They are terrible at getting their scores in the papers or online..

WPWells

My connection graduated with me

HorseFeathers

So....can they get scores?

WPWells

WPWells

I do follow a couple of girls on the CL girls team on Instagram so if they ever post on there after a game I can help with that

HorseFeathers

girls....wonderview 30 county line 13 half

bulldog42

Girls end of 1 Western Grove 10 Flippin 2

HorseFeathers

view won 58-21....highlight of the game....bbq nachos....yes i'm getting fat lol

bulldog42

Sr girls half Western Grove 16 Flippin 12

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 3 Flippin 26 western grove 24

bulldog42

SR Girls final
Flippin 40

Western Grove 35

HorseFeathers

view boys are up 11 with 7 left in regulation....

arstatechamp13

Sr girls
Concord-66
WCC-42

PuddlePirate12

Girls

Emerson 39
Dermott 36

Boys

Emerson 67
Dermott 55
(It was never that close)- Emerson Sr Boys should be playing County Line Saturday I believe

PuddlePirate12

Anything on the county line Wonderview boys game?

Clutch03

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2014, 09:09:04 pm

Wonderview-63  County Line-52

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Clutch03 on October 21, 2014, 09:16:12 pm

Thanks! who were the leading scorers

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2014, 09:28:37 pm

Don't have that info.....but wonder view looked pretty good tonight. If it wasn't for bay I!d call them my early favorite to win state...

If I was guessing beck(#10) was their leading scorer.  County line isn't a bad group...and can shoot the three once they find their rhythm. Tonight they looked about like they have the past two or three years...a solid group of guys that don't know the meaning of quit.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on October 21, 2014, 09:35:59 pm

Don't have that info.....but wonder view looked pretty good tonight. If it wasn't for bay I!d call them my early favorite to win state...

If I was guessing beck(#10) was their leading scorer.  County line isn't a bad group...and can shoot the three once they find their rhythm. Tonight they looked about like they have the past two or three years...a solid group of guys that don't know the meaning of quit.

Oh okay. Appreciate it. I was just trying to figure out what to expect for Saturdays game Emerson vs. County Line. Hopefully it'll be a good one!

Clutch03

Wonderview- John Beck had 20+ and the Griffin kid had 17...County Line #24 had 20+ and the big boy #21 had 15+

HorseFeathers

24 for line might be their best shooter he knocked down 3 threes in the third quarter but he was in foul trouble most of the game. They have a post player he's on the short side, but he has solid inside stuff....just timid, he's their only post so I guess he's doing his part to stay out of foul trouble. Other than that bunch of quick guards that tonight they tried to run and gun with wonderview...they played them even after initial storm. Wonderview jumped out 13-2 to open up the game..

Don't forget to keep us in the loop on the game this weekend

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Clutch03 on October 21, 2014, 09:39:22 pm

Wonderview- John Beck had 20+ and the Griffin kid had 17...County Line #24 had 20+ and the big boy #21 had 15+

Thanks. Wonderview looked good last year in Harrison. I heard they didn't lose much. I expect them to be a favorite this year as well

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on October 21, 2014, 09:42:54 pm
24 for line might be their best shooter he knocked down 3 threes in the third quarter but he was in foul trouble most of the game. They have a post player he's on the short side, but he has solid inside stuff....just timid, he's their only post so I guess he's doing his part to stay out of foul trouble. Other than that bunch of quick guards that tonight they tried to run and gun with wonderview...they played them even after initial storm. Wonderview jumped out 13-2 to open up the game..

Ill be sure to keep you updated. Im not sure of what other teams will be at the Acorn Classic but I know Acorn is a very good team. Im sure they will play someone decent as well

JP

Acorn won 3 games against Blevins tonight.  SG won 63-28 and SB won 64-58.

arstatechamp13

WCC blew out Concord

basketballmom#3

Emerson over Dermott 67-55. Emerson played the bench the 4th quarter

HorseFeathers

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 21, 2014, 10:06:35 pm
WCC blew out Concord

Just seen that score....still seems odd to think that Concord won't be a contender this year after the last 4 years of them being near or at the top..

Concord girls beat WCC though..

Silky Johnson

What was the score of WCC-Concord?

Pfan1115

As a parent wwc boys coach leads a bad example for his players by encouraging them to play dirty and severe unsportsman like conduct

Silky Johnson

Thanks my computer had been messing up and this is the only board that would load. Didn't expect this score I know WCC has talent but I thought Richardson might be able to lead them. 31 points is low but maybe they won't contend this year. They've been at the top for the last 3 years but everyone has those down years. Still, it's early for Coach Cornett and the Pirates.

BasketballNeverStops

Don't count Concord out too early. WCC is a talented team and play very physical. I don't believe Concord will have to play someone that brings that much physicality in conference. I believe that they will compete well for the conference title.

arstatechamp13

We also have to remember how young Concord is. The seniors that play haven't played much before. It's going to take a while. I know they're better than they played last night. By the end of the season they'll be a lot more competitive.

Bigbird2012

Any thoughts on the Sparkman and Kirby girls game last night? I heard from a co-worker that Kirby only won by 4 or so. Is this Sparkman's year or did the refs work that much in their favor???

BigMan15

Quote from: HF on October 21, 2014, 09:42:54 pm

Is 24 the senior guard also the post is a junior...how did #00 do hes a personal friend also 15 franklin usually is there best defender how did he do....

Ctucker

Funny how we finally beat concord and our coach and kids are bad sportsman same coach and kids as last year.

Baller4life23

Scranton boys beat abundant life last night. Putting up 69 points and allowing only somewhere in the low 40's. Conor Roby had 35, Seth siebenmorgen had 25, Rogers had 5, Harris and Oldham each had 2. This group of guys aren't gonna be an easy out! All of them work extremely hard. Look out. 

The Scranton girls came home with a 40pt win giving the coach a win in his first game as head coach at Scranton. Look out for this group of girls. They've worked hard all off-season. I expect they will do better than most think!

gamechanger11

Wcc coach does a good job. Do not believe they are taught to play dirty. Spoke with a Concord person as well and they did not think any of the sorts so Pfan115 is an isolated person who believes that. I was told by a pirate fan also that wcc was clearly the better team and will have a great season.

Catfish

Quote from: Pfan1115 on October 21, 2014, 11:38:06 pm
As a parent wwc boys coach leads a bad example for his players by encouraging them to play dirty and severe unsportsman like conduct

Come on now. You know this isn't true. Concord got beat pretty good, so now this is going to be said? You're better than that. WCC is a good team that has a chance to make a deep run in 2A so props to them for a great game! Nobody pay any attention to Pfan1115 because he doesn't speak for the city of Concord. Congrats to WCC, and Go Pirates.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas