• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twin Rivers Classic (Norfork) October 21 through October 25)

Started by bulldog42, September 30, 2014, 11:41:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Twin Rivers Classic
Norfork (Updated 9/26/14

Tuesday October 21
Valley Springs vs Viola (SG) 4:00
Valley Springs vs Bay (SB) 5:30
Norfork vs Jasper (SG) 7:00
Cotter vs Jasper (SB) 8:30

Wednesday October 22
Timbo vs Norfork JV (SG) 4:00
Timbo vs Norfork JV (SB) 5:15
Norfork vs Lead Hill (SG) 6:30
Norfork vs Lead Hill (SB) 7:45

Thursday October 23
Alpena vs Concord (SG) 4:00
Alpena vs Concord (SB) 5:30
Viola vs Bergman (SG) 7:00
Viola vs Bergman (SB) 8:30

Friday October 24
Jasper vs Southside BB (SG) 4:00
Jasper vs Southside BB (SB) 5:30
Bay vs Norfork (SB) 7:00

Saturday October 25
Southside BB vs Omaha (SG) 11:00
Southside BB vs Omaha (SB) 12:20
Calico Rock vs Lead Hill (SG) 1:45
Calico Rock vs Lead Hill (SB) 3:15
Flippin vs Alpena (SG) 4:45
Flippin vs Alpena (SB) 6:00
Norfork vs Bergman (SG) 7:15
Norfork vs Bergman (SB) 8:30

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog42 on September 30, 2014, 11:41:05 am
Twin Rivers Classic
Norfork (Updated 9/26/14

Tuesday October 21
Valley Springs vs Viola (SG) 4:00
Valley Springs vs Bay (SB) 5:30
Norfork vs Jasper (SG) 7:00
Cotter vs Jasper (SB) 8:30

Wednesday October 22
Timbo vs Norfork JV (SG) 4:00
Timbo vs Norfork JV (SB) 5:15
Norfork vs Lead Hill (SG) 6:30
Norfork vs Lead Hill (SB) 7:45

Thursday October 23
Alpena vs Concord (SG) 4:00
Alpena vs Concord (SB) 5:30
Viola vs Bergman (SG) 7:00
Viola vs Bergman (SB) 8:30

Friday October 24
Jasper vs Southside BB (SG) 4:00
Jasper vs Southside BB (SB) 5:30
Bay vs Norfork (SB) 7:00

Saturday October 25
Southside BB vs Omaha (SG) 11:00
Southside BB vs Omaha (SB) 12:20
Calico Rock vs Lead Hill (SG) 1:45
Calico Rock vs Lead Hill (SB) 3:15
Flippin vs Alpena (SG) 4:45
Flippin vs Alpena (SB) 6:00
Norfork vs Bergman (SG) 7:15
Norfork vs Bergman (SB) 8:30

Why oh why does the Bay vs Valley Springs game have to be the early game on Tuesday? GAH

Silky Johnson

I feel you HF. I think Bay will have to leave school a little early or leave right at the bell to make it a little before game time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 30, 2014, 09:33:51 pm
I feel you HF. I think Bay will have to leave school a little early or leave right at the bell to make it a little before game time.

Tuesday's are never early days getting off work for me...Today We walked out the doors  at 4 p.m...Google says it's almost 3 hours from work to Norfork..which means 2 :D...But that was probably the only game I was really interested in..

Silky Johnson

Moonshiner

Silky Johnson

Any Key match ups in the Bay-Valley game? I don't know much if valley's personnel I just know they get after it. I'm actually glad they don't play that really low scoring style now.

Mr. Basketball

Is Bay-Valley game still on?  There was a rumor going around earlier that Valley had dropped out of Twin Rivers Classic.

Silky Johnson

If they did I guess Bay will have to find another team to play. It was the only game Valley had in the classic though. The coaches are friends so you'd think this would be an easy game to have at a neutral location.

epotts

Valley has not dropped out of the classic. They always only play one game in the classic for a return game @Valley with Norfork. Bay and Norfork I think will be a good game.

Silky Johnson

How do you think the Bay and Norfork game will go epotts? Not necessarily an outcome.

epotts

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 08, 2014, 11:00:38 am
How do you think the Bay and Norfork game will go epotts? Not necessarily an outcome.

I think that it will be a good game down to the wire. Defense will definitely be key. This will be the second game of the regular season for both teams so there will be some kinks to work out. It will be good for both teams to play each other way early before they could possibly meet in regionals. It should be one that will be low-scoring with a lot of defense from both teams. Since I am from Norfork, I predict Norfork by 3 or 4

bulldog42

Quote from: epotts on October 08, 2014, 01:58:15 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 08, 2014, 11:00:38 am

I think that it will be a good game down to the wire. Defense will definitely be key. This will be the second game of the regular season for both teams so there will be some kinks to work out. It will be good for both teams to play each other way early before they could possibly meet in regionals. It should be one that will be low-scoring with a lot of defense from both teams. Since I am from Norfork, I predict Norfork by 3 or 4
It will actually be Norfork's, 3rd game if you want to count the Benefit game with Flippin as they play Lead Hill in the classic on the Tuesday before.  I am not sure how close it will be but Norfork is tough in their Gym.  Does anyone know if Norfork got any move ins?  I have heard some rumors but nothing has been confirmed.

Silky Johnson

I have to disagree with the low scoring part. It may not be the game plan that night but this isn't last years Bay team as they will be best when they push it and play a run and gun up tempo style offense. Getting back and playing good early season defense is key but I think Bay is going to want to get up as many shots as possible and run sets when they haven't scored in a few trips.

BoxNOne

NEA Razorback olfan

epotts

Well, Defense is critical. With the coaching change at Norfork there is a good chance that they won't be shooting the ball as much as last year. They will want to play solid defense which will keep bay from making runs. I am going to stay with my previous prediction Norfork by 3. I will also keep a running thread of scores during the CLASSIC AT NORFORK!

BasketballCoach45

Quote from: epotts on October 09, 2014, 03:10:36 pm
Well, Defense is critical. With the coaching change at Norfork there is a good chance that they won't be shooting the ball as much as last year. They will want to play solid defense which will keep bay from making runs. I am going to stay with my previous prediction Norfork by 3. I will also keep a running thread of scores during the CLASSIC AT NORFORK!

This is my old account! I will be keeping the live feed on this account. @BasketballCoach45

BasketballCoach45

Bergman1820

Silky Johnson

Tomorrow should have good early games. I've heard valley springs girls are good and I can't call the Bay vs Valley springs boys. Jasper boys should win the last game but I don't really know what they have.

WPWells

My picks for tomorrow:

Valley girls
Bay boys
Jasper girls
Jasper boys

NEA Razorback olfan

October 20, 2014, 09:43:09 pm #22 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:45:57 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Valley Girls
Bay Boys
Jasper Girls
Jasper Boys

Any of these games streamed??

Bergman1820

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 20, 2014, 09:43:09 pm
Valley Girls
Bay Boys
Jasper Girls
Jasper Boys

I'm sure they aren't, but if I get there and see different I'll do what I can to post the info.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: vstigerz on October 21, 2014, 08:38:32 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 20, 2014, 09:43:09 pm
Valley Girls
Bay Boys
Jasper Girls
Jasper Boys

I'm sure they aren't, but if I get there and see different I'll do what I can to post the info.

Sounds good,  keep us updated , Thx

HawgDaddy

WPWells

Good luck to Valley and Cotter tonight! Your 3A brethren are pulling for you!

Silky Johnson

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

NEA Razorback olfan

Bergman1820

Silky Johnson

Bay wins 83-77 in OT. Pretty ugly game but competitive.

LHHC

Silky Johnson

You seem like a nice guy ha
I saw no refs cheating just calling it tight for most of the game.The refs called it how they saw it. I'm not going to tell you I agreed with every call but Bay fouled a lot and was probably 4-20+ from the 3 point line. 2 sophomores were in during the first half that i didn't even know would come in. Valley probably hit 8-10 3's including a banked in 3 with 20 seconds left. Bay didn't play they're ideal game but still put up 83 and won. They were pretty good at the FT line for the most part.

Moonshiner

Did Bay handle Valleys press pretty well?  All I've seen on the 3A board is that Valley only has 1 scorer but they had 77 points so how'd they get them?

Silky Johnson

Bay broke Valley's press about every time and did it fairly easy. Don't think valley had turnover points from the press. There were a couple times they just threw bad passes to an open guy. The PG had 29 and hogue had 19. #20 had 5 threes and they have a pretty good inside game. All of their guards were pretty good shooters and could drive in. They both shot and hit many free throws. They had foul trouble but were deeper where Bay had foul trouble and had to play 9 but 2 guards were sophomores that might not always be in the standard rotation. Colton Watson and Taylor Layne both sat the first half with both of them having 2 fouls within the first couple minutes of the 1st quarter.

BasketballCoach45

Valley is a team that for some reason takes a lot of low percentage shots mainly jumpers right inside the 3-point  line. They also love to run a 2-2-1 3/4 court press with trapping. Even though they have poor shot selection they still will get a lot of offensive rebounds if you are slacking on blocking out. They also love to run a 1-3-1 halfcourt trap, but overall they were not that impressive to me.

BasketballCoach45

WPWells

Alright thanks! Two more questions then: I've heard Bay is supposed to be pretty good. Is Bay not as good as originally thought? And do you think Valley is a top 10 team in the 3A?

Silky Johnson

October 21, 2014, 08:55:47 pm #44 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:59:18 pm by Silky Johnson
Bay is going to have to play better on both sides of the ball but it was the first game for a team that hasn't completely clicked. Youth showed as well. Getting out rebounded bad was also a factor.

Bergman1820

Quote from: BasketballCoach45 on October 21, 2014, 08:15:50 pm
Valley is a team that for some reason takes a lot of low percentage shots mainly jumpers right inside the 3-point  line. They also love to run a 2-2-1 3/4 court press with trapping. Even though they have poor shot selection they still will get a lot of offensive rebounds if you are slacking on blocking out. They also love to run a 1-3-1 halfcourt trap, but overall they were not that impressive to me.

I have been surprised with how good Valley has looked to me after losing their starting 5 from last season. I like how Hogue is playing and Shearer is playing well. Coach Taylor is really creative in his plays. Enjoy seeing what he dials up for each game.  Looking forward to seeing how they improve over the first half of the season.

WPWells

Googlymoogly

BasketballCoach45

Bay is a pretty good team, don't get me wrong here. Coach Brannen is a very good coach and always fields a good team. I feel that Bay gets way overhyped before the season and they don't put out as much as they should for all the hype. Bay is goin to be a solid team this year, but it is really hard to tell after the first couple games of the season. Everyone is working out the kinks right not and in about a month we will have a better idea about how everyone is this year. I also think that Valley has a lot of potential but I don't see th being a top 10 team this year. They will get better towards the end of the year but they are a team that was less experience then in the past. It's kind of a rebuilding year for them. They are still going to be good but I don't see them being a top 10 this year.

WPWells

Looks like I went 4-0 yesterday! I'll just pick the games here that involve two varsity teams so I'll go with:

Lead Hill girls
Norfork boys

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas