• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Des Arc

Started by theshow, November 30, 2013, 01:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearden_Bear72

bleudog

December 04, 2013, 06:16:09 pm #201 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:53:54 pm by bleudog
Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 08:30:15 pm
   Hey , I have an idea ... let's have a double header 2A Semifinals at El Dorado Saturday  :D

Next Saturday would work too. ;D

big E

One more week wont kill us.

cuz

big E

But it may drive us crazy.

the game

By KELLY BLAIR
Camden News
Sports Editor

The Bearden Bears were out on the practice field preparing for their upcoming playoff game against Des Arc when they got the big news - there would be no playoff game this Friday night.

All Arkansas high school football playoff games for Friday and Saturday, including three state championship finals and six semifinal games in Class 2A, 3A and 4A, have been postponed one week because of a winter storm expected to strike the state today and Friday.

The Arkansas Activities Association, which administers rules and regulations agreed upon by member schools, made the announcement through an email at 3:47 p.m. Wednesday. 

Bearden head coach said the Bears were taking a short break during in the middle of a regular Wednesday practice preparing for the Eagles when he checked his phone and read the news.

Horstkamp said he usually doesn't even carry his phone with him out on the practice field, but did on Wednesday in anticipation of getting some kind of announcement.

"We knew that there was some kind of news coming, and they had talked about either making an announcement either (Wednesday afternoon) or this morning," Horstkamp said earlier today.

The coach said his players' reaction to the news was "mixed" as many of them were anxious to go ahead and play this Friday, but he added since the team had been hearing about the possibility of winter weather since last weekend, "no one was really surprised."

When asked if he agreed with the AAA's decision to postpone the games, Horstkamp simply said, "Yes, it was definitely the right decision."

He later added that safety for everyone involved traveling to a game was the main priority in a situation like this.

"This decision was based on a safety issue," AAA Executive Director Lance Taylor said in a news release. "We wanted to make sure everyone could travel to Little Rock or the other semifinal locations without hazardous driving conditions. We talked with several of our member schools involved in the playoffs, and we checked with the stadium. This appears to be the best route to take by extending the season one week."

Taylor said he monitored weather forecasts throughout Wednesday and requested feedback from high school association heads in surrounding states facing similar problems.

The Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association, the equivalent of the AAA, announced earlier Wednesday afternoon that it was postponing its playoff games this weekend one week because of expected winter weather.

"Playing in a state championship game can be a lifetime dream," Taylor said. "We want this to be something the athletes, coaches, parents and fans will remember for the rest of their lives."

The revised playoff schedule moves Friday's Class 7A final between Bentonville and Cabot to Dec. 13, and Saturday's Class 5A final between Morrilton and Batesville and Class 6A final between Pine Bluff and El Dorado to Dec. 14.

Friday's semifinal games in Class 4A, Class 3A and Class 2A are now scheduled for Dec. 13, and finals in all three classes will be played a week later than scheduled at War Memorial. Class 4A is Dec. 20 and Class 3A and Class 2A Dec. 21.

Starting times for all revised games remain the same.

Even though many people anticipated some of the games would have to be postponed or rescheduled some kind of way to avoid dangerous situations in winter weather, Horstkamp said Bearden really had no other choice than to prepare this week like they would play at 7 p.m. on Friday as scheduled, just in case it did happen that way.

"We told our kids early in the week that coaches coach, and players play, and we're going to let the people that make those kinds of decisions make those decisions, and hopefully they will make the right one and they did," Horstkamp said. "That is the philosophy that we've had in the past, and we just kind of stuck to that."

Now with an extra week of practice, Horstkamp said the Bears finished their Wednesday practice as planned, and anticipates that the weather will allow them to practice today. The coach noted that "we'll probably just worry about us" in today's workout.

Horstkamp didn't mention what the Bears will do on Friday, if the weather does allow them practice at all. He said when the team comes back on Monday, they will simply start over preparing for a game on Friday just like they did this week.

"This should give us an opportunity to shorten things up a little bit, and hopefully that will allow us to be fresher when we do play (next) Friday," Horstkamp said, noting a week for some banged up players wouldn't be a bad thing for the Bears. "Everybody is playing under the same conditions, so its not like anyone is going to have an advantage."

bleudog

Quote from: big E on December 04, 2013, 08:48:03 pm
But it may drive us crazy.

That's not a very long drive for some folks. ;D

the game

December 05, 2013, 10:28:23 pm #207 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:39:15 am by the game
  Friday night is going to be strange for sure ... even when Bearden had a open week this season , I was able to watch or listen to other games on the net or radio ... and I had Fearless Friday to read about games being played ...   :(

AirWarren

Go south AR! Going with the Bears!

Best of luck from Warren.

Jesus Saves

Looking at the Des Arc 10 day outlook, it appears that the temps will not exit the 30's the entire week.  90% chance of light rain on friday.  The roads will be much safer to travel but I'm anticipating a mud pit by halftime.  This ice/snow will soften it and the temps in the teens/20's every night next week will not let it firm up.  I say, advantage Des Arc.  It will definitely equalize the talent.  Good football programs that normally play until December have to play the hand they're dealt.  With that being said, there should be no excuses made.  I hope both teams have an injury free prep and an injury free game.  Safe travels to all.  Go Bears!!!  I can assure you, they are ready to play!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Im not sure the field wont be frozen.

dragondad#1

Hey pick how are the roads up that way?  Im in Mobile, Alabama...its 75 degrees here  8)

Ventman

The field will give no advantage to the eagles according to the JC fans! Maybe y'all should call Cabot and see if y'all can borrow their field for the game pick. LOL

Dragon I

Junction City does not equal Bearden.  Don't even try that Vent.

Ventman

I knew I would get a rise out of someone, I was just messing around. LOL

cuz

Quote from: Ventman on December 06, 2013, 11:04:36 am
I knew I would get a rise out of someone, I was just messing around. LOL
Bears run, Dragons have wings, they flyyyyyyyy...... ;D

Idoknow

This thread is 4 pages behind the JC, Carlisle thread, come on guys pick it up!

Dragon I

There is no use!  Not only are we better at football, we're better at talking trash too!

Ventman

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2013, 01:55:29 pm
There is no use!  Not only are we better at football, we're better at talking trash too!

Now that's funny! JC is the best!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad#1 on December 06, 2013, 09:56:20 am
Hey pick how are the roads up that way?  Im in Mobile, Alabama...its 75 degrees here  8)

The roads are a mess, as best i can tell what little i have been out.

brown2010

the game

I don't believe a sloppy field will be such a bad thing for Bearden and their spread attack ... Bears have a couple of receivers that run dead on routes ... and when they make a cut and the DA defender slips down , then it's Bombs away.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: the game on December 06, 2013, 06:27:44 pm
  I don't believe a sloppy field will be such a bad thing for Bearden and their spread attack ... Bears have a couple of receivers that run dead on routes ... and when they make a cut and the DA defender slips down , then it's Bombs away.

Your qb will not have time for your receiver to run a deep route. 

Ventman

I don't think the bears have seen a defense like they will see this Friday. Still goin with the Eagles.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Ventman on December 06, 2013, 10:05:05 pm
I don't think the bears have seen a defense like they will see this Friday. Still goin with the Eagles.
probably right. Junction City and Rison don't know how to play defense.

theshow

I think you're right, we have not seen a defense like yours... but I do think we have seen 2 defenses better than Des Arc. Junction City and Gurdon! DUH! And I know Des Arc hasn't seen a defense as good as Bearden's and that a fact jack!

theshow

Hootens had some awesome stats for the game this week. According to them, Young has nearly 2,000 yards passing and well over a 1,000 yards rushing on the season. They also had him for 24 passing TD's and I'm sure he has another 10 or 15 rushing TD's. That is really impressive. And I think he's intercepted a few and taken them to the house! If you added his punt and kickoff return yards together he defiantly has 3,500 total yards! This kid is a beast. Best QB in 2A and he's only a Junior

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: theshow on December 07, 2013, 02:26:07 am

I think you're right, we have not seen a defense like yours... but I do think we have seen 2 defenses better than Des Arc. Junction City and Gurdon! DUH! And I know Des Arc hasn't seen a defense as good as Bearden's and that a fact jack!

J.C. i will agree with, Gurdon? You just showed your ignorance.  See you guys friday, when we will still be playing in the mud and wetness.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: theshow on December 07, 2013, 02:35:55 am
Hootens had some awesome stats for the game this week. According to them, Young has nearly 2,000 yards passing and well over a 1,000 yards rushing on the season. They also had him for 24 passing TD's and I'm sure he has another 10 or 15 rushing TD's. That is really impressive. And I think he's intercepted a few and taken them to the house! If you added his punt and kickoff return yards together he defiantly has 3,500 total yards! This kid is a beast. Best QB in 2A and he's only a Junior

Easily the best QB in 2A

Ventman

Quote from: theshow on December 07, 2013, 02:26:07 am

You will see what I'm talking about Friday night.

CMhawgtracks

This is a toss-up game for me. I think Des Arc wins this game if Bearden comes in thinking they will run between the tackles. I also think DA will see, after watching film, that Bearden will be difficult to match up with, especially if they spread the field.
Mixed feelings on this one, pulling for our conference but not real excited for a rematch of last years finals.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

My question is can beardens line keep our ends and backers out of the backfield in order to keep their qb standing up. Cause if our #15 hits him a couple times, young will get gun shy. We are going to hit him like j.c. did.

Bearden_Bear72

My question is even if they get back their are they fast enough to get him?  Have you seen how he runs out of pocket and passes?  Or his scrambling talent?   I seen Des Arc line and not gonna lie they will get thru our lines on occasions, but i also saw the line was not the fastest in world, and since we already line up in shotgun, good luck getting to him before he gets it off

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2013, 02:36:37 pm
My question is can beardens line keep our ends and backers out of the backfield in order to keep their qb standing up. Cause if our #15 hits him a couple times, young will get gun shy. We are going to hit him like j.c. did.
If your #15, and he's good, is chasing the QB, you're beat...

the game

I don't know where you get the gun shy comment from , but maybe Bearden will not be so shy and can keep the game interesting  :-X

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: the game on December 07, 2013, 03:13:39 pm
I don't know where you get the gun shy comment from , but maybe Bearden will not be so shy and can keep the game interesting  :-X

You obviously have not seen #15 hit people, or else you would know what im talking about.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 07, 2013, 03:12:10 pm
If your #15, and he's good, is chasing the QB, you're beat...

I agree to an extent, but it has to be somewhat of a chase or is he going to just lay down when we get close?  ;D

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2013, 03:57:13 pm

You obviously have not seen #15 hit people, or else you would know what im talking about.
I've seen DA game film on here and I know #15 is a great player and hits hard , heck all of the Eagle defense plays great and hits hard ... I just don't understand why you think Jamond is going to play Gun Shy when he never has in the past ... heck maybe your #15 is the hardest hitter in the State , just be glad that Bearden doesn't hit very hard ... your quarterback shouldn't have to worry about that  ;)

cuz

Quote from: the game on December 07, 2013, 04:19:20 pm
Heck game you know he can't be gun shy yet, we don't have anyone who can hit in the 8. Especially down at JC, Taylor Mason and Jamario Bell are just too little, and Josh Armstrong just lucky to put a helmet on you.........

I've seen DA game film on here and I know #15 is a great player and hits hard , heck all of the Eagle defense plays great and hits hard ... I just don't understand why you think Jamond is going to play Gun Shy when he never has in the past ... heck maybe your #15 is the hardest hitter in the State , just be glad that Bearden doesn't hit very hard ... your quarterback shouldn't have to worry about that  ;)

the game

Quote from: cuz on December 07, 2013, 04:51:41 pm
Heck game you know he can't be gun shy yet, we don't have anyone who can hit in the 8. Especially down at JC, Taylor Mason and Jamario Bell are just too little, and Josh Armstrong just lucky to put a helmet on you.........

Cuz ... I guess we just don't know how to hit or how to take a hit in 8AA ...

Bearden_Bear72

We never do!  Softest Conference in State..........Lol 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 07, 2013, 04:51:41 pm

Cuz, if you would read my post instead of trying talk smack, im pretty positive it says in the last sentence, "WE ARE GOING TO HIT HIM LIKE J.C. DID".

As far as the hardest hitter in the state, i would bet he is top 2-3 in 2A.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Our qb  ;)isnt worried about getting hit, he his short and hard to get low on. Hes kinda built like a bowling ball.

Bearden_Bear72

I saw him and he made big plays in that Hazen game.  And  I agree top 1-3 in 2A.  But i dont think he has faced a team with a offense like beardens

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 07, 2013, 05:10:03 pm
We never do!  Softest Conference in State..........Lol

We will know alot more after friday night. When the 4 best teams in 2A face off. The best 2 teams from the best 2 conferences.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 07, 2013, 05:15:34 pm
I saw him and he made big plays in that Hazen game.  And  I agree top 1-3 in 2A.  But i dont think he has faced a team with a offense like beardens

From what i have saw and been told, bearden only goes where young takes them. He is good thats for sure, but he is kind of a one man wrecking crew. Im not sure bearden has seen an offense like des arcs, we have no one person to key on, its 4 people on every play, and if you get lucky and can stop that, we will break the huddle and go to a completely different offense. We have only had to show it once this year. I hope they watch that film a lot. But then again, only one team has slowed down our main offense.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2013, 05:23:21 pm

From what i have saw and been told, bearden only goes where young takes them. He is good thats for sure, but he is kind of a one man wrecking crew. Im not sure bearden has seen an offense like des arcs, we have no one person to key on, its 4 people on every play, and if you get lucky and can stop that, we will break the huddle and go to a completely different offense. We have only had to show it once this year. I hope they watch that film a lot. But then again, only one team has slowed down our main offense.

I see where your coming from and most people think that and I did at beginning of season.  but I never seen a receiving core like bearden has as long as I been watching bearden play.  Not saying there a warren, but the know how to play their position very well.  So i dont call him a one man wrecking crew anymore.  but I cant wait to see what he develops into by next year

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2013, 05:23:21 pm

I don't know what film you've seen on Bearden , just make sure you watch their game with Gurdon , lol 

Bearden_Bear72

heck  that will sure give them a confidence boost

the game

December 07, 2013, 05:46:43 pm #249 Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:48:29 pm by the game
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 07, 2013, 05:42:39 pm
heck  that will sure give them a confidence boost
Yeah , I hope so , then they will be  :o Friday

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas