• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Football - Post Season / Recruiting

Started by Valleysports, December 07, 2018, 07:41:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 07, 2019, 08:30:05 pm
Bama May regret ever throwing the ball in this game

LOL - looks kinda stupid in hindsight.  I'd be curious to see what Jalen could do running the ball.  Maybe tire out the Clemson Secondary and keep Clemson's passing game off the field. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2019, 09:07:00 pm
LOL - looks kinda stupid in hindsight.  I'd be curious to see what Jalen could do running the ball.  Maybe tire out the Clemson Secondary and keep Clemson's passing game off the field.
Bama had double the time of possession at one point. 2 turnovers directly to 14 points and a missed FG in a 15 point game so far

Valleysports

If the #1 and #2 SEC Teams get dominated by ACC & Big 12 teams in the playoffs, is the SEC still the best conference in football?   

bdubyab60

Bama secondary got exposed tonight. Good things happen when you protect the QB

Valleysports

Saban and his staff were out coached from preparedness to not making adjustments.   

bulldoghistorian

January 08, 2019, 12:40:19 pm #55 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:49:28 pm by bulldoghistorian
The SEC finishes 6-6 in the bowl season. The West went 4-2, while the East went 2-4.
This is the worst loss for Bama under Saban.
This is the worst loss under a Saban coached team since he coached the Miami Dolphins and lost to the Buffalo Bills back on December 17th 2006 21-0.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2019, 10:17:17 pm
If the #1 and #2 SEC Teams get dominated by ACC & Big 12 teams in the playoffs, is the SEC still the best conference in football?   

I would vote yes but the margin is smaller than in some years past.   I wouldn't argue with ACC fan saying they are the best this year after last night.  But at the end of the day, I believe if the SEC played a round robin schedule against any conference, the SEC would end up with a winning record.   

LRRandy

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 08, 2019, 04:27:27 pm
I would vote yes but the margin is smaller than in some years past.   I wouldn't argue with ACC fan saying they are the best this year after last night.  But at the end of the day, I believe if the SEC played a round robin schedule against any conference, the SEC would end up with a winning record.   
the last two bowl seasons combined the sec has lost more games than they've won. So there's that.

Lumberjackfan1978

RATTLER43

Quote from: LRRandy on January 09, 2019, 06:30:47 pm
the last two bowl seasons combined the sec has lost more games than they've won. So there's that.
By that logic, conference USA would be the best.  I don't believe they are.   But all of this is opinion anyway.

When basically the entire conference, besides Arkansas, makes a bowl game and typically plays up that's a possibility.   More teams in bowls, more players drafted, more players in NFL, more players starting in NFL, more pro bowlers, more, more, more, and better.   That's the SEC.      I thought they underperformed in the bowls this year but am still of the opinion that it is the best conference.   ACC had NC Clemson so I take them into consideration.   Still, SEC ...

Valleysports

Jan 18 / 247 Sports - #1 Bama,  #3 A&M,  #5 LSU,  #12 Auburn,  #22 Arkansas,  #23 Miss St,  #25 Ole Miss.

Valleysports

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Valleysports on February 13, 2019, 09:15:03 am
2020 Committs:  Alabama 1 (5*), 8 (4*)
Alabama just keeps loading um up, But the hogs had a good recruiting year this year best ever I think.

Valleysports

Arkansas continues to pick up A&M personal.  QB Starkel looking at Arkansas with 2 years eligibility remaining. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas