• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 All State, All Tourney and All Star Teams plus Gatorade Player of the Year

Started by sevenof400, May 17, 2015, 07:50:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

carteri

It seems like the list for all tournament team just quit getting updated and that makes coaches look bad to their players when it's not their fault >:(

Buck183

Question for the masses. If any of already know the selections for our local teams should we share them here?  If several of us do it we could cover most of the major schools I'm guessing.

I realize All State has been posted, but I knew about our local players long before that list went public. Our soccer banquet was two weeks ago so that info is out. Max preps info is out too.

Buck

Bendecko

So I can understand an all-tourney player not making the All-State list (not sure if there are any as I didn't check) but how can a player be listed on the All Star Team but not make the All State list?  I compared the list and there are 6 players that made the All Star Team but not All State....to me, this just doesn't make sense.  Can someone help me rationalize this  ???

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Bendecko on June 10, 2015, 09:25:40 pm
So I can understand an all-tourney player not making the All-State list (not sure if there are any as I didn't check) but how can a player be listed on the All Star Team but not make the All State list?  I compared the list and there are 6 players that made the All Star Team but not All State....to me, this just doesn't make sense.  Can someone help me rationalize this  ???

Coaches are limited by how many All State selections they can make, at least in the 5A West (for example), and I'd imagine the rest of the conferences are the same no matter the classification. Usually the top-finishing team gets the most, and so on from there. On the flip side, a school is only allowed two All-Star players as well, so that selection process is also limited.

Perhaps some of the coaches felt some of their juniors, sophomores, or even some freshmen deserved an All-State selection over a senior, but nominated the senior for the All Star game (since it is for Class of 2015 only) as a consolation of sorts.  As for All Star teams, they are selected from the list of players that is turned into the All Star coaching staffs. Making All State is not a requirement for being on the All Star team. I'm pretty sure the only requirement for the All Star game is that the nominated player must be Class of ____ for whatever year the All Star game is taking place.

arksoc

All-star is a pretty mixed bag. One year a player was selected because he was the only senior on a team that had a really good year. But he wasn't a starter for his team and didn't even play much. Plus, a number of players decline all-star because the are not going to be available to compete in the game. Unlike other honors where the team is just "named" as an honor, they actually have to put the all-star teams on the field for a game. Still an honor and a cool thing. Just have to accept it for what it is.

sevenof400

Quote from: Buck183 on June 10, 2015, 08:38:28 pm
Question for the masses. If any of already know the selections for our local teams should we share them here?  If several of us do it we could cover most of the major schools I'm guessing.

I realize All State has been posted, but I knew about our local players long before that list went public. Our soccer banquet was two weeks ago so that info is out. Max preps info is out too.

Buck

Read the OP of this thread -  that info is discussed there..

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 11, 2015, 06:25:53 am

Buck

Hmmm....I did.  Didn't see where it said anything about us sharing what we know vs waiting on it all to be announced.

Buck

sevenof400

Quote from: Buck183 on June 11, 2015, 10:24:31 am

Buck

Hmmm....I did.  Didn't see where it said anything about us sharing what we know vs waiting on it all to be announced.

Buck

Crud - sorry Buck - I meant to direct that to Bendecko - my bad!

Bendecko

Thanks seven...good info in the OP and thanks VHSCoach2, good insight....makes sense.

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 11, 2015, 10:53:33 am
Quote from: Buck183 on June 11, 2015, 10:24:31 am

Buck

Buck

Crud - sorry Buck - I meant to direct that to Bendecko - my bad!

👍

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas