• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 All State, All Tourney and All Star Teams plus Gatorade Player of the Year

Started by sevenof400, May 17, 2015, 07:50:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

We'll be watching the AAA website for the announcement(s) for each of these teams.  As each team is announced, an active link will be placed appropriately.

Click here for the 2015 All State team.  This is the team selected by the conference coaches based on conference season play.  Click here for more information about how this team is selected.

Note: the example referenced was from 2011 and while the conferences have obviously changed, the general idea on how the team is selected is still illustrated with the referenced post.  It should also be noted that All Conference selections are generally left to the discretion of the individual coach - a coach can choose to recognize any player (or players) from his/her team as All Conference (there is no limit to the number of players a coach can recognize as All Conference).  Also, keep in mind All Conference is NOT an official recognized AAA award - this means no list of All Conference players is/are available.

Click here for the 2015 All Tournament team.  This is the team selected by coaches whose teams made the 2015 playoffs in their respective classifications.  Remember a team had to make the playoffs for a player to be selected to this team.  Coaches of playoff teams are asked by AAA to nominate the players they feel to be worthy of this distinction.

Click here for the 2015 All Star team.  This is the team comprised of seniors and selected from input first made by the conference coaches.  At the respective conference meetings, each conference compiles a list of seniors within the conference in ranked order.  This ordered list is then passed along to the all star coaches who (in turn) form the All Star teams using the lists from all of the conferences that make up their respective team (East / West). 

Simply because a player appears on an All Star list at the conference level does NOT guarantee that player will appear in the All Star game BUT the higher a player's name appears on the conference list increases the chances of a player's selection.

All Star coaches look at player ranks AND position.  In other words, the All Star Coaches will NOT simply select the 20 highest rated players with no regard for position. 

Please check out the attached PDF to this post for even more on this process.

Be aware that if you have an athlete selected to participate in the All Star game, that athlete will be required to a recent physical exam.  The physical required by most schools at the beginning of the school year does NOT satisfy the requirement for All Star week participation because that physical is NOT considered current.   

Click here for more information about how this team was selected in 2011 (this is actually a thread that discussed the selection process of a previous year.)

For 2015, no Girls Gatorade Player of the Year has been announced at this time.
2015 Boys Gatorade Player of the Year is Chris Holmes.

It is worth noting the selection process used to identify the Gatorade Player of the Year is a nomination process.  Whether that nomination comes from a coach, fan, parent, player, school official or anyone else is irrelevant. The point of this note is NOT to degrade the accomplishment(s) of anyone nominated or selected as a state or national player of the year, rather that one should keep in mind this process starts with only those player(s) nominated.   

Scots10

carteri

carteri

Thanks seven....last thing about when does the players know so they can prepare

sevenof400

Quote from: carteri on May 17, 2015, 02:32:34 pm
Thanks seven....last thing about when does the players know so they can prepare

Invitations should be mailed by AAA around the end of May (1st days of June at the absolute latest).  I'll keep an ear to the wind and post here when invitations have been mailed.

Bulldawgs10

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Bulldawgs10 on May 26, 2015, 03:18:26 pm
Any idea when these will be posted?

If I recall correctly, last year they weren't posted until right around the time of the All-Star Games.

Let's hope we don't have to wait that long again this year...

MDXPHD

You can ask your coach who made it from your conference. They should know if they were at the final coaches meeting.

KCShinn21

Teams were selected today and notifications will be made rapidly.

sevenof400

To add to KCShinn21's post, press releases have been sent as well for the All Star Team. 
I'll update the OP with a link to the AAA's official listing as soon as it is posted. 

Still waiting for the All State and All Tournament teams at this point although other spring sports have posted their All State teams..

Scots10

MDXPHD

Quote from: Scots10 on May 29, 2015, 01:24:14 pm
How are the coaches selected?

The coaches are usually selected at the end-of-year conference meeting, usually with the conference winner having first dibs. If he/she passes, then the next one.  The coaches can all decide who gets it in that meeting. The head coach of the all star game is rotated between conferences each year (I think).

Lionheart88

IIRC it's also limited to professional teacher-coaches.  Registered Volunteers can't be nominated to coach in the All Star games.

sevenof400

To add to Lionheart88's point, the coaches are further restricted in that they have to belong to the AHSCA coaches association (and not all coaches do...)

sevenof400

And still we wait for AAA to post the All Star and All State teams to their website.  What is unexplainable is why every other spring sport has their All State team posted and yet AAA hasn't posted the soccer All State team.    Again.  This happens nearly every year and is inexcusable. 

mijally

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 29, 2015, 05:45:53 pm
To add to Lionheart88's point, the coaches are further restricted in that they have to belong to the AHSCA coaches association (and not all coaches do...)
The deputy executive director who is responsible must take vacation this time every year. His name and e-mail are on the AAA website. Maybe we should all send an e-mail asking him what's going on down there? 

Bendecko

Lionheart88

It always takes this long.  At least, it has as long as I've been paying attention to HS soccer all-state, -tournament, etc (that is, 2011 or so, but probably much longer).

Bendecko

I called the AAA and asked about the timing for the 2015 All-State announcement and the receptionist told me that the lady who handles this has been out attending to personal (family) matters and that it will get posted to the website as soon as she returns.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bendecko on June 03, 2015, 04:08:29 pm
I called the AAA and asked about the timing for the 2015 All-State announcement and the receptionist told me that the lady who handles this has been out attending to personal (family) matters and that it will get posted to the website as soon as she returns.

Well, is there really nobody else in that office that can do it? I don't imagine it's too time consuming.  Wonder what excuse they used last year...

forumfan

HP14

FutbolPhan

Quote from: HP14 on June 04, 2015, 05:42:27 pm
Quote from: forumfan on June 04, 2015, 10:16:07 am
All Arkansas Preps actually delivered before their deadline of 6/7/2015...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/allarkansaspreps/soccer/girls/2014_15/

http://www.arkansasonline.com/allarkansaspreps/soccer/boys/2014_15/

Congrats to the players chosen.  One would have to ask or wonder  about the criteria for selection.
Congrats to all who are honored but absolutely amazed that there are no guidelines to how selections are made. Nominations can be made by coaches, parents and even players themselves. Sports writers that don't cover soccer make team selections based on what stats?

HP14

Quote from: FutbolPhan on June 04, 2015, 08:26:26 pm
Quote from: HP14 on June 04, 2015, 05:42:27 pm
Quote from: forumfan on June 04, 2015, 10:16:07 am
All Arkansas Preps actually delivered before their deadline of 6/7/2015...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/allarkansaspreps/soccer/girls/2014_15/

http://www.arkansasonline.com/allarkansaspreps/soccer/boys/2014_15/

Congrats to the players chosen.  One would have to ask or wonder  about the criteria for selection.
Congrats to all who are honored but absolutely amazed that there are no guidelines to how selections are made. Nominations can be made by coaches, parents and even players themselves. Sports writers that don't cover soccer make team selections based on what stats?

Agreed.  Many of these boys at least are legit, but some are questionable in relation to MANY other very talented players.  The selection criteria would be most interesting as well as the person or committee in charge of selection.  I would say this is more a list of someone's favorite players than an actual representation of the top talented players in the state.  Oh and to those that would say... That is what a selection process is for.... Again the criteria is the key. 

Bendecko

Congrats to the boys and girls who received this honor.

The criteria for All Arkansas Preps is "The committee polls coaches and media members from across the state for team recommendations, taking into account individual statistics and team success from the previous season."

It is a respected award and has its place.  So, I think all the recognition awards include:

All Conference
All Tourney
All Star
All State
Gatorade Player of the Year
All Arkansas Preps

Did I miss any? Also, does the All Conference award recipient automatically receive All State recognition?

BTW...of this list, All State is the only one left that hasn't been announced.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Bendecko on June 04, 2015, 09:28:43 pm

The criteria for All Arkansas Preps is "The committee polls coaches and media members from across the state for team recommendations, taking into account individual statistics and team success from the previous season."

It is a respected award and has its place.  So, I think all the recognition awards include:

All Conference
All Tourney
All Star
All State
All Arkansas Preps

Did I miss any? Also, does the All Conference award recipient automatically receive All State recognition?

This event has been around for three years and probably has a place but is put on by a single source, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, selling tickets for $75 each. Respected by who? There are a handful of 6/7A soccer players named but the majority are 4/5A. Does that mean that the poll of "coaches and media members" knowledgeable about soccer are able to glean that the soccer talent in Arkansas is primarily located in the lower classification's?

Also, where are the all-tournament and all-conference selections posted?

Bendecko

Sure, ADG is a respected and credited newspaper.  And I would expect the coaches and the media members who "cover" soccer knows an above average soccer player when he/she sees one.  I recognize over half of the boys names and have no reason to doubt that the same due diligence was performed with the others.  However I do take exception to the "individual statistics" part of the review as this in itself would limit the selection to only a few positions. 

I've seen an all-conference 1st and 2nd team list for one of the 7a conferences and maybe the all tourney was from the AAA site (I'm thinking now it was last years...oops).

HP14

Quote from: Bendecko on June 04, 2015, 09:28:43 pm

All Conference
All Tourney
All Star
All State
All Arkansas Preps

The All State forms were due back on June 4th.  Once they receive all the forms they should make the announcement. Hopefully.

Badger

I guess congrats to the players selected, and there are some really good ones listed.  Just scratching my head on several others.  I'm also wondering the selection criteria, since I know of numerous players not listed that are WAY better than some of the ones on there.  You could probably put all of Bentonville's starters ahead of several listed.  One that really sticks out to me is how Jose 'Lalo' Castro, a sophomore from Bentonville, doesn't at least make the Soph/Freshman list.  He made the ODP National All Star team and was one of Bentonville's star players this year.  I also understand he's had a trial with West Ham's youth academy.  Hopefully, the AAA lists make more sense.

Bendecko

mijally

There are quite a few players I recognize on this list. Some of them would be substitutes on the top teams in the state.  But if your coach doesn't politic for you like some of these coaches did for 2,3, or 4 of their players you will not be recognized. Take a look at the All Tourney team from last year, look st all the blank entries and see how many coaches don't care. Get the picture?

Bendecko

Good points and I agree with you Badger on Jose.  I can understand the differences between AR Preps and the AAA, but there are inconsistencies within the AAA awards.  Based on the AAA forms for submission the conferences drive the selections and trying to reconcile between these selections both internally and with external awards (AR Preps, GPOY) has caused me scratching my head  ???  Why wasn't the 2014 GPOY selected for All-State in 2014  ??? (Club vs. HS) Also, there are 3 players from FSNorthside who were 2014 All-State but failed to make the 2015 conference first team...and they made it to the title game.  I wonder if any of these players will make the All-State team.  Just think of all the discussion we are going to have when the announcements come out  ;D

HP14

Quote from: Bendecko on June 05, 2015, 12:14:41 pm
"Po"Postmark Deadline May 9, 2015" noted on the All State Formstmark Deadline May 9, 2015" noted on the All State Form

you sure about this?  Postmart Deadline for All State forms was June 4

Bendecko

HP14

Quote from: Bendecko on June 05, 2015, 04:26:22 pm
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Soccer/2015/SO_AllStateConfChairPacket_2015.pdf

See page #5 at the bottom:   POSTMARK DEADLINE MAY 9, 2015

Ahh I see... The all state forms had a June 4 return date on them for the players. Hopefully they have the responses and will get an announcement out soon

carteri

I see AAA has the all tournament team listed but it doesn't look all the updated because I see alot of blanks

Sir Alex

Quote from: HP14 on June 05, 2015, 04:49:36 pm
Quote from: Bendecko on June 05, 2015, 04:26:22 pm
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Soccer/2015/SO_AllStateConfChairPacket_2015.pdf

See page #5 at the bottom:   POSTMARK DEADLINE MAY 9, 2015

Ahh I see... The all state forms had a June 4 return date on them for the players. Hopefully they have the responses and will get an announcement out soon

June 4th was for the All Star game. 

all state teams should have been announced by now.  There must have been a conference or two that did not turn in their form to the aaa.  It happens every year.  Just not important to some people, which is a shame. 

Bendecko

Called the AAA office this afternoon and the person who handles this is out on personal leave.  Their supervisor is busy getting read for Board presentations.  No telling when the announcement is going to be but I'll be surprised if it's this week.

HP14

Quote from: Bendecko on June 09, 2015, 02:22:39 pm
Called the AAA office this afternoon and the person who handles this is out on personal leave.  Their supervisor is busy getting read for Board presentations.  No telling when the announcement is going to be but I'll be surprised if it's this week.

Interesting.... Do they take personal leave every year at this time.  Last year took forever as well.  Also didn't know compiling a list required a very specific skill set.  Guess it's par for the course for AAA, pardon my borrowing another sports analogy.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HP14 on June 09, 2015, 04:12:37 pm
Quote from: Bendecko on June 09, 2015, 02:22:39 pm

Interesting.... Do they take personal leave every year at this time.  Last year took forever as well.  Also didn't know compiling a list required a very specific skill set.  Guess it's par for the course for AAA, pardon my borrowing another sports analogy.

I don't think you understand. It's super complicated.  First, they have to make sure the names are spelled correctly and that there is both a first and last name.  Next, they would have to copy the names that are on the forms into one document, in order to post for everyone to see.  Now, this might not seem very tedious to you, but I assure you the AAA is doing all they can to get these posted in a timely manner.  It's a strenuous job that involves hours of dedication and willingness to work overtime.  Thank you AAA, for all you do. Also, thank you for your commitment to the sport of soccer in the state of Arkansas.

PressBox-81

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 10, 2015, 08:27:42 am

I don't think you understand. It's super complicated.  First, they have to make sure the names are spelled correctly and that there is both a first and last name.  Next, they would have to copy the names that are on the forms into one document, in order to post for everyone to see.  Now, this might not seem very tedious to you, but I assure you the AAA is doing all they can to get these posted in a timely manner.  It's a strenuous job that involves hours of dedication and willingness to work overtime.  Thank you AAA, for all you do. Also, thank you for your commitment to the sport of soccer in the state of Arkansas.

WOW MDXPHD now I have to change my shirt since I was just splattered with all that sarcasm.

Must be another proud graduate of the sevenof400 school of sarcasm.

sevenof400

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on June 10, 2015, 11:04:10 am
WOW MDXPHD now I have to change my shirt since I was just splattered with all that sarcasm.

Must be another proud graduate of the sevenof400 school of sarcasm.

It's a blessing....and a curse.

sevenof400

As an aside, the All-Tournament team has been posted...well, at least the selections from those teams who bothered to submit choices....

carteri

Seven we submitted a boys and girl selection but only our girl showed up....so I hope AAA is going to update this list but then again maybe they will blame the coaches again saying the not submitting names....I'm curious how many other coaches, teams, or players run into this fairytale

Bendecko

The Coach

I know with 100% certainty Dardanelles boys coach submitted their pick for all tournament team and yet it's not posted.

Should've been Edguardo Mendoza

carteri

It seems like the list for all tournament team just quit getting updated and that makes coaches look bad to their players when it's not their fault >:(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas