• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midfileders

Started by soccer72450, March 23, 2015, 03:40:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soccer72450

Played the Jonesboro team this weekend and they where tough.    They have 3 mids that are really good.  Maybe the best in the state at mids    one is a bull he just runs over people, another has a great foot and speed.  The other has great speed,  his foot work was amazing and he was able send  ball 30 yards our just a sweet tap when needed.   This guys throw in where 25 yards or more.  Overall they have a solid team.  FOR nea they are the ones to beat.

The Coach

Quote from: soccer72450 on March 23, 2015, 03:40:34 pmFOR nea they are the ones to beat.

I'm sure Searcy will have something to say about that.

Lionheart88

Mountain Home is usually in the mix as well, aren't they?

The Coach

Yes they have the last few years

Sir Alex

March 24, 2015, 08:26:05 pm #4 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:27:58 pm by Sir Alex
And Russellville and Siloam Springs and Greenwood and Alma, no wait they don't have soccer.  Wel at least the others will be right there come state tournament time.  That one was for you Postal.

MDXPHD

Quote from: soccer72450 on March 23, 2015, 03:40:34 pm
Played the Jonesboro team this weekend and they where tough.    They have 3 mids that are really good.  Maybe the best in the state at mids    one is a bull he just runs over people, another has a great foot and speed.  The other has great speed,  his foot work was amazing and he was able send  ball 30 yards our just a sweet tap when needed.   This guys throw in where 25 yards or more.  Overall they have a solid team.  FOR nea they are the ones to beat.

Pretty sure your first post was about how Jonesboro was going to be good.  Then you said you don't play anymore didn't you? I'm not sure what your fascination is with JHS, but they do this every year.  They play some weak people, have a decent regular season, then get beat in the playoffs when they play real soccer teams.

Badger

March 25, 2015, 08:25:32 pm #6 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:28:15 pm by Badger
Don't disagree with the above post (see JHS results vs. Conway and Catholic).  However, at least one of JHS's mids is one of the best in the state; he has played for the Rush Select (national) team alongside the best midfielder in the state.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 24, 2015, 08:26:05 pm
And Russellville and Siloam Springs and Greenwood and Alma, no wait they don't have soccer.  Wel at least the others will be right there come state tournament time.  That one was for you Postal.

Russellville boys have been in the state final 3 of the last 4 years and winning 2 of them, Siloam Springs boys been in the state final 2011,2012, and 2013. winning 2 state titels.  Greenwood boys in state final last year.  I would say those schools have figured out the game called soccer.  In fact, ironically, all three of those teams are in the same conference this year.  Guess they put the best 6a soccer schools in together this year.  I would bet that one of those teams will make the final again this year.   

chaoslord

Quote from: fourfourtwo on March 25, 2015, 08:58:30 pm
Russellville boys have been in the state final 3 of the last 4 years and winning 2 of them, Siloam Springs boys been in the state final 2011,2012, and 2013. winning 2 state titels.  Greenwood boys in state final last year.  I would say those schools have figured out the game called soccer.  In fact, ironically, all three of those teams are in the same conference this year.  Guess they put the best 6a soccer schools in together this year.  I would bet that one of those teams will make the final again this year.

I read it as him listing off the first three as teams that are generally in the mix, then saying Alma was the one that doesn't have soccer, not all of them.

Sir Alex

Quote from: chaoslord on March 26, 2015, 08:06:26 am

I read it as him listing off the first three as teams that are generally in the mix, then saying Alma was the one that doesn't have soccer, not all of them.

Glad somebody gets it!  Exactly my point. 

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 24, 2015, 08:26:05 pm
Quote from: Sir Alex on March 26, 2015, 06:52:22 pm
Quote from: chaoslord on March 26, 2015, 08:06:26 am

Glad somebody gets it!  Exactly my point. 
I totally got it.  I was the one that usually mentions soccer records and riles Alma posters up on all of the 5A sport's forums when they were in the 5A.  They are like, "The only sports that count are football and basketball, soccer is not a sport!".   I even have mentioned that their "rival" the Great Football town of Greenwood even has a soccer program and the boys even made the finals in last years game.  They don't get it.  I have some great Alma posters as friends, but some of them do not like a change in their sport's program.  When I mentioned it to them face to face, they gave me a look like I just pooed.  LOL!  I then tell them that I love what the Airedales have done in the sports that they play, but that they should at least recognize great athletes and town's records on another sport.  Be a All Sport Fan.  A lot of Alma parents and students have wanted soccer added to their program.  I'm not sure why Alma has not added this sport to their program.  Are they afraid that athletes won't play football or basketball?  Hey, this is a Spring sport.  Baseball, Track and Softball might suffer, but catch up with even the smallest town that doesn't have football, just has a basketball and baseball program but has at least started a soccer program also.  Get on the All Sport's bandwagon!  To show to my Airedale friends, if they ever started a high school boys and girls soccer team, I would drive the many miles to see the 1st game(s) in Alma and be cheering for the Airedales and Airedalettes as a Alma fan. ;)

Arkansas_Sports

March 29, 2015, 09:35:29 pm #11 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:40:31 pm by Arkansas_Sports

Arkansas_Sports

Quote from: Badger on March 25, 2015, 08:25:32 pm
Don't disagree with the above post (see JHS results vs. Conway and Catholic).  However, at least one of JHS's mids is one of the best in the state; he has played for the Rush Select (national) team alongside the best midfielder in the state.
Who is the Mid for JHS that plays for Rush Select? I get to watch JHS play about once a year living near the Jonesboro area. It sounds like they are off to a normal season playing the good teams close but not being able to finish strong. By the sounds of it they have a talented midfield hopefully it will be enough against teams like Searcy and Mountian Home

Badger

"Who is the Mid for JHS that plays for Rush Select?"

Hayden Stricker

HP14

Quote from: Badger on March 30, 2015, 01:00:10 pm

Hayden Stricker

Is this young man going to college here in AR?

Valleysports

Russellville played Catholic, in the 7A Finals every year, before moving to the 6A. 

CanesCoach

Quote from: HP14 on April 02, 2015, 11:08:47 am

Hayden Stricker

He signed to play at Lyon College

HP14

Quote from: CanesCoach on April 11, 2015, 08:43:14 am
Quote from: HP14 on April 02, 2015, 11:08:47 am

Hayden Stricker

He signed to play at Lyon College

Yes I heard that. Lyons has signed a few boys from AR this year.

Scots10

Lyon is basically the best place for an Arkansas player to go on the mens side. 

moadd

Kid from searcy,  TRACE LAFFOON is the best i've seen this year by far.

FutbolPhan

How did the Searcy midfield fair vs. Jonesboro in the first matchup of the season? I believe the final was Jonesboro 1 - 0 Searcy. Mr. Laffoon is a very good midfield player at the club level for AU '97 and would be at 6A as well but not the best in the state if you take into account the 7A West talent along with those in the 7A central. I believe Mr. Stricker was a center back for his club team, state ODP, and Rush Select. He will most likely continue to play a defensive position for the Scots as well. He is very athletic but probably doesn't have the technical skills at this point to be an effective midfield player for Lyon. Looking at the score lines vs. Conway, Catholic, Mountain Home and the like, Jonesboro has him playing out of position when they could best use him at his natural position on defense.     

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Badger on March 25, 2015, 08:25:32 pm

Played center back behind one of the best midfielders in the state.

Badger

I haven't seen a center midfielder this year better than Chris Holmes, but I've only seen central AR competition, for the most part.  I'm assuming he's the best, since he's the only boys DI recruit in the state this year that I'm aware of.  Begs the question, FutbolPhan, since you seem to have some insight, who do you think are the best midfielders in the state?

FutbolPhan

Correct on Mr. Holmes. Arkansas rarely develops more that one men's Division One player per year. The last few DI players were Hunter Weber (keeper from LR Central) who plays for UAB and Wesley Carson (forward from FS Southside) who is at UCA.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas