• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 NBA playoffs

Started by beach bum, April 15, 2015, 11:16:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Western Conference.. (1 )Warriors vs. (8)Pelicans, (4)Trailblazers vs. (5)Grizzlies, (2)Rockets vs. (7)Mavericks, (3)Clippers vs. (6) Spurs........ Eastern Conference.. (1)Hawks vs. (8)Nets, (4)Raptors vs. (5)Wizards, (2)Cavaliers vs. (7)Celtics, (3)Bulls vs. (6)Bucks

beach bum

I have the Warriors over Cavaliers in 6 games for the title. I would have picked the Spurs but their loss to the Pelicans tonight screwed them over IMO dropping them from the 2 seed to the 6 seed. Now they have to win too many road games being the lower seed in every series now. It will eventually catch up to them having to do that 3 times.

Romeo

iliveformarch

Quote from: Romeo on April 15, 2015, 11:21:54 pm
Lets go Hawks!!!

I will be rooting for to beat the Cavs.... the Hawks and Warriors would be some clean, high scoring and efficient basketball.

beach bum

Quote from: iliveformarch on April 15, 2015, 11:24:56 pm
Quote from: Romeo on April 15, 2015, 11:21:54 pm
Lets go Hawks!!!

I will be rooting for to beat the Cavs.... the Hawks and Warriors would be some clean, high scoring and efficient basketball.

I love watching the Hawks as well this season. Its team basketball at its best.

beach bum

My predictions are as followed. Like I stated earlier the Spurs would have been my pick to win it all had they not dropped from the 2 seed to the 6 seed on the final day of the regular season. Too many long series and being on the road now will catch up to them this season.

First round: Hawks in 5, Raptors in 7, Cavs in 5, Bulls in 6, Warriors in 5, Grizzlies in 6, Rockets in 6, Spurs in 7

Conference Semis: Hawks in 5, Cavs in 6, Warriors in 5, Spurs in 7

Conference Finals: Cavs in 7, Warriors in 7

NBA Finals: Warriors in 6

WPWells

I'll take the Spurs to win it all

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 17, 2015, 12:17:00 pm
I'll take the Spurs to win it all

It's so hard to pick against them! I hated them until about 3 years ago but they eventually just grow on you with their style. If them and the Warriors meet like they should that will be some incredible basketball!

WPWells

I'm a Thunder fan, but the Spurs are my second-favorite!

beach bum

April 17, 2015, 01:43:28 pm #9 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:19:24 pm by beach bum
Regular Season Standings went as followed

Western Conference                                                                               Eastern Conference
1.Golden State Warriors 67-15                                                                      1.Atlanta Hawks 60-22
2.Houston Rockets 56-26                                                                              2.Cleveland Cavaliers 53-29
3.Los Angeles Clippers 56-26                                                                         3.Chicago Bulls 50-32
4.Portland Trailblazers 51-31(4 seed due to winning Northwest Division)           4.Toronto Raptors 49-33
5.Memphis Grizzlies 55-27                                                                             5.Washington Wizards 46-36
6.San Antonio Spurs 55-27                                                                            6.Milwaukee Bucks 41-41
7.Dallas Mavericks 50-32                                                                               7.Boston Celtics 40-42
8.New Orleans Pelicans 45-37                                                                        8.Brooklyn Nets 38-44

9.Oklahoma City Thunder 45-37                                                                     9.Indiana Pacers 38-44                                 
10.Phoenix Suns 39-43                                                                                 10.Miami Heat 37-45
11.Utah Jazz 38-44                                                                                       11.Charlotte Bobcats 33-49
12.Denver Nuggets 30-52                                                                              12.Detroit Pistons 32-50
13.Sacramento Kings 29-53                                                                           13.Orlando Magic 25-57
14.Los Angeles Lakers 21-61                                                                          14.Philadelphia 76er's 18-64
15.Minnesota Timberwolves 16-66                                                                  15.New York Knicks 17-65

......If I did my calculations correctly the West went 313-137 against the East, OUCH!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 17, 2015, 01:43:28 pm
Regular Season Standings went as followed

Western Conference                                                                               Eastern Conference
1.Golden State Warriors 67-15                                                                      1.Atlanta Hawks 60-22
2.Houston Rockets 56-26                                                                              2.Cleveland Cavaliers 53-29
3.Los Angeles Clippers 56-26                                                                         3.Chicago Bulls 50-32
4.Portland Trailblazers 51-31(4 seed due to winning Northwest Division)           4.Toronto Raptors 49-33
5.Memphis Grizzlies 55-27                                                                             5.Washington Wizards 46-36
6.San Antonio Spurs 55-27                                                                            6.Milwaukee Bucks 41-41
7.Dallas Mavericks 50-32                                                                               7.Boston Celtics 40-42
8.New Orleans Pelicans 45-37                                                                        8.Brooklyn Nets 38-44

9.Oklahoma City Thunder 45-37                                                                     9.Indiana Pacers 38-44                                 
10.Phoenix Suns 39-43                                                                                 10.Miami Heat 37-45
11.Utah Jazz 38-44                                                                                       11.Charlotte Bobcats 33-49
12.Denver Nuggets 30-52                                                                              12.Detroit Pistons 32-50
13.Sacramento Kings 29-53                                                                           13.Orlando Magic 25-57
14.Los Angeles Lakers 21-61                                                                          14.Philadelphia 76er's 18-64
15.Minnesota Timberwolves 16-66                                                                  15.New York Knicks 17-65

......If I did my calculations correctly the West went 313-137 against the East, OUCH!

Really not fair to the West just how awful the East really is....

And I like the Spurs cause of Pop's I'm gonna sit my players to rest their old butts up before the playoffs and don't really give a crap what ESPN thinks about it attitude...

beach bum

It went about as expected on day 1.... Rockets, Bulls, and Warriors handled game 1 on their home court. The Wizards stole a road game at the Raptors in overtime.

beach bum

April 19, 2015, 10:31:17 pm #12 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:37:35 pm by beach bum
The Cavs, Grizzlies, and Hawks all held at home. The Clippers have control over the Spurs early. Even in Mountain Time an hour behind you guys I don't think I will be able to stay up for the game out in Los Angeles.... and to note like said before the Grizzlies have home court over Portland even as the lower seed. Portland is the 4 only by virtue of winning the Northwest division. I love the atmosphere in the playoffs when the crowds finally come alive like a college game.

beach bum

The Warriors, Cavs, and Bulls all went up 3-0 last night.... the Clippers need to steal one in San Antonio tonight or the series could be over.

zebradynasty

Seems to me the last couple of years of playoffs have been better. James is the best but there are a lot of good players in the NBA now. 

Romeo

Stephen Curry is like the modern day Larry Bird.

AirWarren

Spurs will win it again.

beach bum

The Spurs and Clippers could not be a better 1st round series.  Its the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the NBA most likely. Too bad game 7 is almost the same time as when Mayweather gets embarrassed   ;D

beach bum

This Spurs vs. Clippers game is amazing. Late 3rd and Clips are up 74-72....

Romeo

This Clippers Spurs game is just....wow

WPWells

Wow. Chris Paul with one second left

beach bum

May 02, 2015, 09:46:34 pm #21 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:48:47 pm by beach bum
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 02, 2015, 09:43:21 pm
Wow. Chris Paul with one second left

That is the best first round series I have ever seen. The Spurs are the 3rd best team in the NBA and have sit at home in the 2nd round. I have the Clippers in 6 or 7 over the Rockets now.

Romeo

Adam Silver has been discussing the idea of reformatting the playoffs and I think it should be done. The Western conference is much more stronger than the East.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

May 02, 2015, 10:38:46 pm #24 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:42:08 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quite possibly the best NBA game and series I've ever seen. 

Tough one for me to swallow. Shame if this was Timmy D's last game.

CP3 just outstanding. I could have watched another four quarters of this.  What the NBA should be like all the time.

Was actually hoping for a Spurs/Hawks final. Pop vs. his long time assistant Budenholzer.  Well, maybe next year.

beach bum

The Wizards just beat the Hawks in game 1. Whoever comes out of the East will get pummeled in the NBA finals with Love out for the Cavs and the Hawks playing average quite frankly their last 25 or so games. The East could go to any of the 4 teams left but the West will dominate them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Romeo on May 02, 2015, 09:56:02 pm
Adam Silver has been discussing the idea of reformatting the playoffs and I think it should be done. The Western conference is much more stronger than the East.

Have any ideas been thrown out there for the reformat? West probably had 10 or 11 teams that deserved to be in the playoffs.

beach bum

The Rockets came back from a decent deficit to tie the series at 1-1.... all 4 series tied at 1-1 now look like they will be headed for 6 or 7 games. The Grizzlies with Conley back have the best chance to beat the Warriors out of anyone left. They matchup well against the Warriors. The Clippers have not played well against the Warriors the last couple years. I hope Paul is back for game 3 against the Rockets......

Hootie

Just a side thought, Mike Conley is tough as nails. The guy had his face rebuilt 2 weeks ago and is already suited up and playing again for the Grizzlies. You can't coach that.

beach bum

Quote from: Hootie on May 07, 2015, 01:21:20 pm
Just a side thought, Mike Conley is tough as nails. The guy had his face rebuilt 2 weeks ago and is already suited up and playing again for the Grizzlies. You can't coach that.

He undoubtedly is one underrated point guard. I think the Grizzlies will make this series a 7 game one with him back. He is so good with those floaters with either hand and plays good defense on those Warriors 3 point shooters.

AirWarren

What a game winner by Derrick rose. Wow!

Proud Buckaroo

Paul Pierce with an identical shot!

beach bum

May 10, 2015, 04:16:59 pm #32 Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:28:30 pm by beach bum
Like I said, if anyone takes out the Warriors it will be the Grizzlies because they matchup guarding Curry and Thompson so much better than anyone can. Tony Allen is the best perimeter defender no question. The Clippers and Rockets are hoping Memphis can pull it out. The Cavs must win today!!

Romeo

King James with the game winner!!!

beach bum

Lebron James just saved the Cavs season possibly.... playing without Love and Kyrie Irving not being to drive to the basket with the dinged up foot is making the Cavs an average team. This series is looking like a 7 game one now.

Proud Buckaroo

I just said the same thing to my co-worker about it going 7 games. If Butler had played tighter defence; without fouling, he would have blocked the shot.

beach bum

The Clippers look on there way to a 3-1 series lead unless a collapse ensues.... I am about to vomit watching Deandre Jordan go 12-30 from the free throw line and its just the 3rd quarter still.

Proud Buckaroo

It's over. Without Howard. Rockets might as well hang it up.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 12, 2015, 01:07:42 am
It's over. Without Howard. Rockets might as well hang it up.

The 2 big men for the Clippers will have a field day tonight....

WPWells

The Clippers won't have anyone to foul though

Hootie

The worst defensive team in the playoffs just lost their best defensive player. Yeah I'd say it's a wrap unless Harden drops 50+ and that won't happen.

Grizzlies let me down but then again not really. You can't slow the splash brothers down every night they're just that dang good.

Valleysports

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 10, 2015, 05:39:56 pm
I just said the same thing to my co-worker about it going 7 games. If Butler had played tighter defence; without fouling, he would have blocked the shot.

If Rose's bad shot hadn't ricocheted off the glass, he wouldn't have made that shot the game before. Ha ha  Anyhow Cavaliers, really both, are struggling forward with too many injuries.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm curious on something... If i'm not mistaken. When you are ejected from a game. Do you not miss the next game? Or do they make an exception for that?

Breitontime

I think that is only in high school. Doesn't work that way in pro sports. Though, a suspension is likely.

Hootie

The article is from 2010 but I believe it is still accurate. All the gray area you'll ever want on NBA ejections, technical fouls, flagrants, suspensions etc. Click Here

beach bum

In the NBA regular season I don't think you get suspended until like 7 or 8 technical fouls total. That is just pathetic.

Proud Buckaroo

Can the wizards take it to 7 games? I think they can. Nene should of held onto that rebound to give them a 3-2 lead.

Hootie

I think Golden State has found their stride again. They dominated last night.  >:(

Proud Buckaroo

You must be a Brown bear fan? :P

beach bum

Cavs beat the Bulls in Chicago to close it out in 6. That is vital to give Lebron and Kyrie any extra rest possible.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas