• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Junction City

Started by cuz, March 11, 2015, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 21, 2015, 11:01:33 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 20, 2015, 08:05:43 am
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 19, 2015, 05:45:21 pm
My bad that was tds in a game with 10 Kendrick smith
It think its was 9 rushing td's he may have a recieving TD as well. I was at the game against EPC when he did it. He had over 500 rushing, only reason he didnt have more was EPC on side kicked everytime and he usually only had to run 40 yards for a score. Brett Hardin also set the record for all purpose yards in that game, 878 yards I believe. I think there is an ESPN aritcle on the game. Final score was in the 70's for each team, EPC won by 2 i think.

Yea I was counting in the interception return
It was a fun game to watch. The article is spot on about the towns as well. A good read and I think many can relate who are from small towns.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 14, 2015, 04:59:54 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 14, 2015, 04:57:06 pm
Yea and how many national titles and wins does coach k have compared to his mentor???
he has 4 knight had 3

5 now

BigBrother

Mentor never got beat by 30 plus in finals either.

THA TRUTH

Never played that unlv squad either

HorseFeathers

K has never thrown a chair on the court, or choked a player either....

BigBrother

And coach k doesn't have a 96%graduation rate and knight recruited student athletes not one and done guy.

BigBrother

Still argument is over criticizing a guy that lost 4 games in 2 years when what you know about basketball could be shoved up an ants anus. But like most you change argument when it starts going badly. Tell us please exactly what you would have called in that last 2 seconds. Be specific if you can. Impress us with your acumen.

HorseFeathers

April 12, 2015, 03:30:42 pm #157 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:33:38 pm by HF
Quote from: BigBrother on April 12, 2015, 12:29:16 pm
And coach k doesn't have a 96%graduation rate and knight recruited student athletes not one and done guy.

Neither did Coach Knight....
QuoteKnight's academic successes rival his athletic ones. At Indiana, he graduated nearly 80 percent of his players

Source

Just looked back through bigbrother's posting history...and well I'll now stay out of this one...I'll let the two junction city posters duke it out amongst themselves on this thread...

THA TRUTH

Ok for one I wouldn't have had all four players under the goal and bunching everyone in and wouldn't have told a team that was 5-8 from three to not shoot any more after half but as for my inbounds play I would've had both bell and Grayson on the blocks with both moving across screening with Grayson screening for bell to get him free if that wasn't open I would've had Holyfield at the elbow cutting to the three point where I would've had Rogers screening to give him more room  for the other scoring chance on that one inbounds play

BigBrother

What your mass ignorance doesn't realize if the inbounds pass is 1 foot higher bell gets the ball coming to the hole.

Cheek

Quote from: BigBrother on April 18, 2015, 08:50:20 am
What your mass ignorance doesn't realize if the inbounds pass is 1 foot higher bell gets the ball coming to the hole.

It was just a bad play.  When England has a 6'6" Soph. waiting on a play JC had already ran.  He did the smart thing by hitting the ball towards half court so the clock would run out. 

THA TRUTH

That was a very smart play by that kid

BigLion10

I'm not so sure he still doesn't get some hand on it even it is a foot higher

THA TRUTH

That kid for England can jump with bell so it wouldn't have mattered

scoutteamshoota

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Should have never let it be a one possession game.

THA TRUTH

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 22, 2015, 04:01:29 pm

I know Pick,  England  tried to win by a larger margin but JC had s good team.😁

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on April 22, 2015, 11:44:09 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 22, 2015, 04:01:29 pm

I know Pick,  England  tried to win by a larger margin but JC had s good team.😁

You got where I was going. Lol

bleudog

C'mon now Pick, I seem to remember a one possession championship football game that was won as time expired by the trailing team. That trailing football team didn't even have a time out left to call and fate shined on them. Almost anything is possible on a court/field.

THA TRUTH

Oooo u didn't have to do that to him bleu

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on April 23, 2015, 09:21:41 am
C'mon now Pick, I seem to remember a one possession championship football game that was won as time expired by the trailing team. That trailing football team didn't even have a time out left to call and fate shined on them. Almost anything is possible on a court/field.

That was a game for the history books. 📚

bleudog

April 23, 2015, 02:52:06 pm #172 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:55:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 23, 2015, 11:32:24 am
Oooo u didn't have to do that to him bleu

I think Pick realizes there was no malice on my part. 

Just pointing out that regardless of the sport, sometimes the offense calls a late time out, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes the defense calls a late time out, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes neither the offense nor the defense has a time out to call and they roll the dice and see how practice and execution effects the outcome.  Whatever the strategy or situation, if it works, somebody's a hero.  If it doesn't work, there are FF threads that go on months after the game's final horn/buzzer sounds. ;D

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 23, 2015, 11:39:38 am
Quote from: bleudog on April 23, 2015, 09:21:41 am

That was a game for the history books. 📚

I'll never forget that game. I didn't make it there but was listening on the radio. What a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas