• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR Bolding Thread

Started by Wildcats4Life, January 28, 2015, 05:04:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 13, 2015, 09:42:34 am
Quote from: Lions84 on April 10, 2015, 12:59:39 pm
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/apr/10/bolding-nlr-football-coach-rules/

Looks like He going to fight the School in Court.

To what end? He won't get the NLR job back and even if by some miracle he did, how effective could he be? He should just cut bait and move on...he's SERIOUSLY hampering any chance he has to ever get a good coaching position again (assuming he has any chance now).
If you felt you were being wrongfully terminated, would you just lie down and take it?  He doesn't even have to be right, he just has to think he's got a case.  Besides, in some people's eyes it might make him look better that he is fighting for his job, not just meekly going away when the administrators tell him they don't want him anymore.

Brucewayne

I thought it was strange that the A.D and mr. Peterson did not testify at the hearing.
I doubt very much that the circuit court appeal will be for his job but more so to clear his name and maybe get some money.
I still think that this entire situation was mishandled from the beginning and has now created a huge publicity issue for the program that in my opinion was really positive before this

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 13, 2015, 03:37:02 pm
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/apr/10/bolding-nlr-football-coach-rules/

To what end? He won't get the NLR job back and even if by some miracle he did, how effective could he be? He should just cut bait and move on...he's SERIOUSLY hampering any chance he has to ever get a good coaching position again (assuming he has any chance now).
If you felt you were being wrongfully terminated, would you just lie down and take it?  He doesn't even have to be right, he just has to think he's got a case.  Besides, in some people's eyes it might make him look better that he is fighting for his job, not just meekly going away when the administrators tell him they don't want him anymore.

or he's tarnishing his reputation to the point that even Marvell(possibly the worst program in the state) wouldn't hire him...

sevenof400

At this point, even if Bolding is eventually found to have been wrongfully terminated, the fact that he took his employer to court is going to be long recalled by any potential future employers. 

HSFBF

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 14, 2015, 07:40:16 am
At this point, even if Bolding is eventually found to have been wrongfully terminated, the fact that he took his employer to court is going to be long recalled by any potential future employers.
Totally agree.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 13, 2015, 03:37:02 pm

Meekly going away? Really? Have you not been paying attention the last few months?

If you felt you were wrongly terminated would you fight this hard for a job where they clearly DO NOT want you? He's had his "day in court" so to speak and lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the only one to blame for that mess, but he's taking the fall and it is what it is.

Lionheart88

That's what I'm saying.  He isn't meekly going away, he's fighting to the end.  Pretty much what you would expect from someone whose job it is to compete and coach kids to be competitors, I'd think.  I doubt many districts will agree, but it only takes one that thinks that way for him to find a new job.

birdman1981

I know it was a long meeting, but I do think I could stay awake when deciding a mans' fate.

https://www.facebook.com/NLRSDTruth/photos/a.1627261394161977.1073741828.1627247660830017/1653631168191666/?type=1

https://www.facebook.com/NLRSDTruth

Pretty sure I'll take a run at this position when it comes up again for election.............................

Guess what picture will adorn my campaign posters ! :-)

ricepig

Quote from: birdman1981 on April 16, 2015, 02:02:09 pm
I know it was a long meeting, but I do think I could stay awake when deciding a mans' fate.

https://www.facebook.com/NLRSDTruth/photos/a.1627261394161977.1073741828.1627247660830017/1653631168191666/?type=1

https://www.facebook.com/NLRSDTruth

Pretty sure I'll take a run at this position when it comes up again for election.............................

Guess what picture will adorn my campaign posters ! :-)

I rest my eyes and listen all the time, you should have seen me in church last week......

ricepig

Brian G

I'll give a dollar to make this story end.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2015, 05:42:55 pm

I figured the NLR Foundation would have started a GoFundMe by now........

Rulesman

Quote from: B.G. on April 24, 2015, 05:42:55 pm
Most anyone you ask would be willing to split it 50/50 with you.

sevenof400

One good thing that can emerge from this story is an increased financial oversight of high school football.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 25, 2015, 10:13:59 am
One good thing that can emerge from this story is an increased financial oversight of high school football.

Or, it just shows the inadequacies that were in place at NLR, compared to other schools.

sevenof400

if this makes other schools address this issue proactively then that's the best outcome of all.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 25, 2015, 03:59:31 pm
if this makes other schools address this issue proactively then that's the best outcome of all.

I doubt other schools have a coach "handling" $240,000 a year.......

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2015, 06:05:20 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 25, 2015, 03:59:31 pm

I doubt other schools have a coach "handling" $240,000 a year.......

I sincerely hope you are correct Ricepig. 

fbhound

Scenario...
  What if BB wins his lawsuit and NLR has to "reinstate" him? Does the newly hired HC from the current search get to keep his HC offer or is the search negated?  If the newly selected HC goes on staff, what happens to BB; is he given the HC salary he had and now would just be a teacher of PE at the higher HC salary he had? Interesting.  Assume since NLR is still going ahead with the interviews and the news get out in the towns of the applicants (bad news), NLRSD must think a selection is within the law and if the courts "reinstate" BB, reinstate to WHAT? Any thoughts ?   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fbhound on April 26, 2015, 05:06:35 pm
Scenario...
  What if BB wins his lawsuit and NLR has to "reinstate" him? Does the newly hired HC from the current search get to keep his HC offer or is the search negated?  If the newly selected HC goes on staff, what happens to BB; is he given the HC salary he had and now would just be a teacher of PE at the higher HC salary he had? Interesting.  Assume since NLR is still going ahead with the interviews and the news get out in the towns of the applicants (bad news), NLRSD must think a selection is within the law and if the courts "reinstate" BB, reinstate to WHAT? Any thoughts ?   

Sounds like somebody will end up getting screwed if Bolding wins...

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: HF on April 26, 2015, 05:43:31 pm
Quote from: fbhound on April 26, 2015, 05:06:35 pm
Scenario...

Sounds like somebody will end up getting screwed if Bolding wins...
Didn't LR Central have a similar situation a few years back in basketball.  Fitzpatrick won his job back.

Oldbadger

It's my thinking that he would win a teacher's job back.  I think all Arkansas teacher contracts for coaches say, "teacher, coach".  Therefore the district could take him back but assign him where they want according to his teaching field.  They also would not have to pay him the stipends coaches earn, but would have to pay him his current teacher salary according to experience and education.  This would allow them to hire a coach without fear of him having to be moved.  This is what I think, someone else?

Lionheart88

I'm pretty sure that there's some stipulation somewhere that if a coach is removed from coaching but retained as a teacher, they have to be paid at the same rate, stipend included.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 26, 2015, 10:49:25 pm
I'm pretty sure that there's some stipulation somewhere that if a coach is removed from coaching but retained as a teacher, they have to be paid at the same rate, stipend included.
You may be right and it may vary from district to district, but, usually stipends are separate from salaries, therefore not governed by state law.  State law says a teacher may not be paid a salary less than he/she made the year before.  With stipends a teacher must be performing those jobs in order to get paid.  As I said, it could vary from district to district.

fbhound

Stipends are separate. Base salary is teaching, stipends are added to the extra work you do and not really a contractual item as far a "base" employment goes. Varies some. In coaching circles, some districts pay a straight $$ amount for the HC position, others pay a % of the base salary, like adding 20% of base salary for HC and also applies to assistants. So, either a set amount for what you do, fixed, OR is a percent of base salary. That % MAY change as per administration policy. That is my take on the variations of how it's done.

TigerHawg

July 16, 2015, 08:28:35 am #1025 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:35:20 am by TigerHawg
And its back in the news. After a judge denies the motion to dismiss  the lawsuit by the NLR school district, they will now be headed to circuit court.

nuttinbuthogs

So is Bolding being paid?  That might answer this question.

bbishop

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on July 27, 2015, 11:02:43 am

Who would be paying him?  The district didn't "remove him as the coach" and allow him to keep teaching.  They fired him all together. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on July 27, 2015, 11:02:43 am

Huh?  No, NLR fired him.  I was talking about a situation where a coach ceases coaching but continues on as a teacher.

nuttinbuthogs

Oh, Ok.  Well let me catch up.  What exactly is Bolding doing?  Coaching, waiting?

Cabotfan

So I read in the ADG today that Bolding is still not the coach at NLR and is still fired.

OB11

Has he been on the Buzz scoreboard show? Or is that a different Bolding?

BigLion10

jonnyZ

I'm hearing Bolding to Vilonia.  Anyone else hearing the rumor?

sevenof400

November 17, 2015, 10:26:17 am #1034 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:55:29 pm by sevenof400
Quote from: jonnyZ on November 17, 2015, 09:45:30 am

Very unlikely if you recall past events. 

riccoar

Montez said they have no hot dog grill there, so it's a no go for Bolding.

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 17, 2015, 10:26:17 am

Interesting rumor there. I heard he has been talking with V but no idea on interest. That hiring would create waves in the 5A West. LOL!

sevenof400

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 18, 2015, 08:16:15 am
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 17, 2015, 10:26:17 am

Interesting rumor there. I heard he has been talking with V but no idea on interest. That hiring would create waves in the 5A West. LOL!

I'll say it now - there is no way Vilonia hires this guy based on his background WITHOUT creating a serious crapstorm within the school.....and by a lot of parents.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas