• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich Rodriguez Reponds to Bielema

Started by Romeo, March 03, 2014, 11:01:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

You gotta admit, this is pretty creative:

True Fan

You need to change the title.

As you read through the comments to the video, it is clear, as a bell, that most country sees this as 100% Nick Saban. Sure, they used a chunky fake coach. Probably because they were scared to look too much like Nick.

NOBODY outside the state is scared of CBB or his involvement in this rule. Every high speed offense is afraid of Alabama. Even with all of the CBB coverage, most of which is local, the replies are still ALL about Bama and Saban. 99% of the people clamoring about Bielema are in the state of Arkansas.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: True Fan on March 03, 2014, 11:25:38 pmProbably because they were scared to look too much like Nick.

That has everything to do with Saban's ability to steal souls.

Valleysports

That is a cute video - ha ha

True Fan, I'm afraid what you posted isn't totally correct (speaking from the NW part of the country).  The bad thing is that this thing isn't over - got to wait on a vote.  Bielema - Arkansas - will get more attention going forward. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Folks let's keep this on track so it don't get canned. When we get too close to certain players and their abilities at the U of A threads seem to disappear...

And yes...great video...

True Fan

Valley, I may not be "totally" correct. But, there is a much higher truth content than most of what you'll read on here. ;D

Going forward, CBB has better sound bites but I think the focus will shift to Saban.

Valleysports

If it doesn't pass and I can't imagine it would - there will be some coverage and then it'll be forgotten about.  Although it'll probably be mentioned, now and then by commentators, when HUNH team's put the hurt on Arkansas.  Or when a HUNH team is upsetting Bama.  Or when Auburn, Oregon, A&M ........... lol

bleudog

March 04, 2014, 09:23:51 pm #7 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:48:18 pm by bleudog
Only 25 of 128 FBS coaches favor the rule change:  CLICK HERE

Valleysports

Tell you what would get Arkansas some attention - if the committee passed it, LOL, with 75% of the coaches against it.

"Alabama coach Nick Saban and Arkansas coach Bret Bielema have been the most notable coaches to publicly back the proposed rule. Bielema went so far as to say that the inability for defenses to make substitutions could lead to injury or even death while controversially referencing the death of Cal player Ted Agu, who collapsed and died during a conditioning workout earlier this month."

cuckoobird

interesting read today in the ADG about the proposed rule change. Most reporters get what's going on, too bad a lot of fans can't see past the bull and admit what this is really about...

ricepig

How many knew that the same rule, well only for 1st down, didn't pass last year because it was a tie vote by the committee?
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10552938&src=desktop

Valleysports

Since Bielema / Saban are wanting less plays, for player safety, maybe the game should be cut in half -  7.5 min quarters, 15 mins at the half, 30 min game.  That ought to really help player safety.  I'm am surprised they haven't already taken out the kickoff, since that's where most injuries happen.

cuckoobird

How would taking away the kick off give them an advantage?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 05, 2014, 12:21:37 pm
Since Bielema / Saban are wanting less plays, for player safety, maybe the game should be cut in half -  7.5 min quarters, 15 mins at the half, 30 min game.  That ought to really help player safety.  I'm am surprised they haven't already taken out the kickoff, since that's where most injuries happen.

How will a 15 minute halftime increase player safety, wouldn't it be less time for recovery?

cuckoobird

how about limiting time those lineman over 320 lbs can play. It would not only reduce the risk of cardiac arrest but would also reward players and coaches for being in better shape.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Well Baby Bielema didn't get his way...what next?

Valleysports

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 05, 2014, 12:46:43 pm
how about limiting time those lineman over 320 lbs can play. It would not only reduce the risk of cardiac arrest but would also reward players and coaches for being in better shape.

Now there is some truth to that - they pack that weight on as much as possible.  Pro Linemen die young.

Valleysports

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 05, 2014, 02:12:28 pm

Hopefully Spring Practice!  ::)

True Fan

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 05, 2014, 02:12:28 pm

The critics will find some bandwagon to jump on. Haters gonna hate.

Valleysports

True Fan are you talking Nationally or State?  No one outside, the state, hates Arkansas - just don't want Arkansas Coach meddling with college football.  Now that he's squelched, it's football as usual. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 05, 2014, 02:41:19 pm
True Fan are you talking Nationally or State?  No one outside, the state, hates Arkansas - just don't want Arkansas Coach meddling with college football.  Now that he's squelched, it's football as usual.

It wasn't his rule or proposition, but don't let facts get in the way. I said it in the other thread that was nuked, I didn't care either way, I just hate the Marakeet offense.

bleudog

cuckoobird

Reading that almost made me ruin a good keyboard. It probably hits closer to home than some believe even though its outrageous

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas