• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Leap For Big Nasty

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, September 15, 2010, 10:18:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

DB

Great news.  Hope it works out and they win some championships.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Too bad he didn't wait a year until Pel get's fired and take the Arkansas job. I always liked Corliss. Classy guy and great competitor.

rsvl_hogfan4

September 15, 2010, 11:25:48 am #3 Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:27:59 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 15, 2010, 10:56:11 am
Too bad he didn't wait a year until Pel get's fired and take the Arkansas job. I always liked Corliss. Classy guy and great competitor.
Let's not turn this thread into that. Pel won't be fired after this year and anyone that sees our recruiting class knows that.

I was hoping we could hire him as an assistant this year, but he would have been crazy to turn down a head D1 job.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 15, 2010, 11:25:48 am
Let's not turn this thread into that. Pel won't be fired after this year and anyone that sees our recruiting class knows that.

I was hoping we could hire him as an assistant this year, but he would have been crazy to turn down a head D1 job.
Yes sir Mr. Long.....

RHS

Dude, give it a rest.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: RHS on September 15, 2010, 01:33:29 pm

Dude, give it a rest.
Give what a rest? I made a statement. A statement kinda like your boy makes all the time and you say nothing to him. You give it a rest...DUDE!

RHS

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 15, 2010, 01:57:05 pm

Dude, give it a rest.
Give what a rest? I made a statement. A statement kinda like your boy makes all the time and you say nothing to him. You give it a rest...DUDE!

The thread has nothing to do with Pel and Corliss would have had 0 chance to coach the UA next year. Quit bringing firing Pel into every post you make.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: RHS on September 15, 2010, 02:13:14 pm

Dude, give it a rest.

The thread has nothing to do with Pel and Corliss would have had 0 chance to coach the UA next year. Quit bringing firing Pel into every post you make.
I think Pel will be fired and would love to have Corliss as the coach. My opinion...Rsvl doesn't think that Pel will be fired..his opinion.

Anyway, good luck to Corliss and hope someday he can be the UA coach.

rsvl_hogfan4

Dude, give it a rest.
I don't post about Pel in every thread, and I have never said Pel is the right man for the job. I have simply said he didn't have enough time to get his own players when you guys were calling for his head starting 2 years ago.

Coach Venny Slocombe

September 15, 2010, 02:43:43 pm #10 Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:46:01 pm by Coach Venny Slocombe
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 15, 2010, 02:38:28 pm

Dude, give it a rest.
I don't post about Pel in every thread, and I have never said Pel is the right man for the job. I have simply said he didn't have enough time to get his own players when you guys were calling for his head starting 2 years ago.
hahaha....lol....Okay.....and I still say we have a chance at getting Ratliff...

What I was actually trying to say before you and RHS got your panties (yes I said panties because I am sure the way you two act on here that is what you wear) in a wad is, I would love to have Corliss as the coach of the Razorbacks, alot more than I would like to have Pel. And don't give me this crap about experience because Pel's experience sure has shown hasn't it. By far the worst coach Arkansas has ever had. And one more thing, I don't post about Pel in every thread either.

Again, Congrats to Corliss, hope you are the coach of the Razorbacks someday...

Father Guido

Romeo

These experiments with former NBA players making a fast move into head coaching hasn't worked out in the past, (i.e. Sidney Moncrief, Clyde Drexler.) I hope he does well but I'm not expecting him to be at UCA within the next 3 or 4 years. It really would have been better for him to work as an assistant under a good coach he can learn from.       

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 15, 2010, 02:43:43 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 15, 2010, 02:38:28 pm

Dude, give it a rest.
hahaha....lol....Okay.....and I still say we have a chance at getting Ratliff...

What I was actually trying to say before you and RHS got your panties (yes I said panties because I am sure the way you two act on here that is what you wear) in a wad is, I would love to have Corliss as the coach of the Razorbacks, alot more than I would like to have Pel. And don't give me this crap about experience because Pel's experience sure has shown hasn't it. By far the worst coach Arkansas has ever had. And one more thing, I don't post about Pel in every thread either.

Again, Congrats to Corliss, hope you are the coach of the Razorbacks someday...
Not my fault that Ratliffe didn't qualify to get into an SEC school. It isn't a coincidence that Bama and Florida both revoked their offers shortly after finding out his troubles. We just hoped he would be able to get cleared. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. His best friend is on our team, and talks to him daily. I know your hate for Pel is strong, but use your head. We don't go from being his leader and having his best friend and former teammate on the team to suddenly being snubbed.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Romeo on September 15, 2010, 03:22:33 pm
These experiments with former NBA players making a fast move into head coaching hasn't worked out in the past, (i.e. Sidney Moncrief, Clyde Drexler.) I hope he does well but I'm not expecting him to be at UCA within the next 3 or 4 years. It really would have been better for him to work as an assistant under a good coach he can learn from.       
He has been coaching for a few years at JUCO in LR. He was an assistant, though. You may be right, but he has at least had a few years  coaching experience and he played the game under one of the best.

Rzback4Life

OlGuyWicker

Pel used  the name game to get the job and has underperformed.  Heath would probably not have been let go (at least not for another year) had it been known that Gillispie was playing them for a raise like many FB coaches had played them.  Good Luck to Corliss, hope he does better than Sidney did at UALR.  I thought that Anderson was the next UofAatF coach in waiting?  (If you actually think that he would leave Columbia for Fayettville)

InYoGrill

Good luck to Corliss &UCA- great hire and fit. He will have UCA playing better as a team in his 1st year than Pel in his 4th year with the Hogs? If the Hogs are better this year it will be because of the talent not the coaching. We have a 2nd rate (50-100) staff on the Hill with what had been a top 25 regular before Heath.

hb14lh

Been talking to some of the players here at UCA. Corliss has implemented something that all the players I talked to said was none-existent with Coach Chappell: Discipline. Mike Pouncy said Corliss has been running them like dogs, getting ready for the 40 minutes of He11.

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 19, 2010, 04:53:34 pm
We have a 2nd rate (50-100) staff on the Hill with what had been a top 25 regular before Heath.
The Arkansas program had hit rock bottom before Heath took over, thanks to NCAA recruiting sanctions and Richardson being required to recruit players that did not fit his system.  Heath improved each year he was there and even made a short appearance in the Tourney the year he was fired.  (Probably just to appease those head hunters who wanted the FB coach fired)  When will Arkansas return even to the level it was with Heath?

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: hb14lh on September 19, 2010, 06:26:44 pm
Been talking to some of the players here at UCA. Corliss has implemented something that all the players I talked to said was none-existent with Coach Chappell: Discipline. Mike Pouncy said Corliss has been running them like dogs, getting ready for the 40 minutes of He11.

That is good to hear.  Corliss has always seemed to be a class act, hope he succeeds.  Chappell had that same reputation at Henderson from what I hear.

Rzback4Life

It would be nice to see UCA and Corliss have some success.

Chief_Osceola™

Corliss is a great guy.  He's always been very visible and approachable here around Little Rock.  It seemed like I'd run into him at least once a week out and about.  If he has half the coaching ability that he has personality, he'll do well at UCA.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas