• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Testing again - DON'T IGNORE THIS ONE!

Started by sevenof400, February 24, 2015, 09:42:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

February 24, 2015, 09:42:36 am Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:03:38 am by sevenof400
Good morning all,

With a large and hearty thanks to Chief Osceloa for his technical contribution, allow me to present the updated method that will be in use during the spring 2015 sports season for keeping soccer fans up to date on the 5A soccer standings.  As you can see from the note below, I'm using the 5A West Boys to model this new approach:

2015 5A West Soccer Info

Please click here for the latest 5A West Boys standings AND game grid.

What I am asking of ANYONE who reads this message (regardless of whether you are a fan of soccer or not), is to take a moment and click on the link above.  Your browser should open a new tab and be directed toward a Google Drive sheet with two tabs.

The first tab is the standings, and the second tab is the game grid (which lists the score for each conference game played).

Note: you do NOT need a Google account to view these web based resources!

If you would please take a moment and:

• Click on the link above
  • View and read the contents of BOTH tabs - see this post for more info
  • Post a reply in this thread with any issues encountered along the way

..I would appreciate it!

Thanks all!

Arbitro

Looked at it with Firefox 35.0.1 and Safari 5.1.10 (older version) on a Mac.  Both looked fine.

sevenof400

Thanks Arbitro!
See you on a pitch somewhere this year perhaps...

chaoslord

I'm on Chrome, says it's up to date (40.0.2214.115 m) on Windows 7, worked like a charm. I, uhh, might have to steal it for the 7A West, which I really need to get around to updating tonight. Maybe after the basketball game...

It looks great!

Sir Alex

Great job 7. I take it you need the 5A west schedule.  I will see what I can do to help get it. 

sevenof400

Thanks Sir Alex!  By the way, did you see the second tab?  It has the game schedule for the West but I am missing a couple I believe....

Chief_Osceola™

Looks great! You can also use conditional formatting to get the team colors to show up on the game grid sheet. I did it on my latest iteration of my basketball spreadsheet and it worked perfectly. I can send you the instructions if you want.

sevenof400

Yes, please do Chief!  Your idea is working out great - may have to rename you Chief_Excel!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 25, 2015, 08:31:47 am
Yes, please do Chief!  Your idea is working out great - may have to rename you Chief_Excel!

Haha, that would be fine.  I'm glad I could help out.  I just sent you an email with the instructions, as well as the updated sheets to use as a reference.  Also, if any other conference/classification would like to use my setup, let me know and I'll create one and send it to you.

Sir Alex

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 24, 2015, 09:04:11 pm
Thanks Sir Alex!  By the way, did you see the second tab?  It has the game schedule for the West but I am missing a couple I believe....

Yes sir, saw that you were missing a bunch.  I got a copy of the schedule and will try to remember to send it tomorrow. 

Go Postal

Thanks seven and Chief.  I have a old 98 laptop.  Still working, got to 1st page, but still not where to see 2nd tab.  "Old 58 year old man, still always learning on multimedia PC, games on multimedia gaming consoles with my Worldwide Goblins video gaming community, Sport's fan, plus a Goblin/West and Bomber fan." ;)  Will learn...

VHSCoach2

February 27, 2015, 07:09:51 am #11 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:44:40 pm by VHSCoach2
Hey Postal,

It might take a few seconds, but down in the bottom left you'll see two tabs. One says 'Standings' (i.e. the screen that you see when you open the link), and right next to it there is another tab that says 'Game Grid.'

It was a chore getting most of the 5A (yes, all conferences) games sent in to seven, and there are a few missing from each conference. 

If anybody has the following dates for these matches, kindly send them into seven so he can get every teams' conference schedule updated:

5A West Dates Needed:
Harrison vs. Maumelle, Harrison vs. Morrilton (Boys AND Girls, both dates), Maumelle vs. Morrilton
5A West is complete.
Thanks, mijally and Sir Alex!

5A East Dates Needed:
Greene County Tech vs. Nettleton (Boys AND Girls, both dates)
5A East is complete.
Thanks, Raiders5!

5A Central (missing TWELVE) Dates Needed:
Jacksonville vs. Mills, Jacksonville vs. Sylvan Hills, Mills vs. Sylvan Hills (Boys AND Girls in all instances, both dates)

5A South (missing FOUR) Dates Needed:
De Queen vs. Hope (Boys AND Girls, both dates)

mijally

Maumelle at Harrison March 20
Morrilton at Maumelle April 10
Harrison at Maumelle April 17
Maumelle at Morrilton May 1

Raiders5

Nettleton @ GCT April 14th
GCT @ Nettleton May 1st
boys and girls both.

sevenof400

Here is the screen you should be seeing...click on the image below to see a larger (more readable) version.

Sir Alex

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 27, 2015, 07:09:51 am
Hey Postal,

It might take a few seconds, but down in the bottom left you'll see two tabs. One says 'Standings' (i.e. the screen that you see when you open the link), and right next to it there is another tab that says 'Game Grid.'

It was a chore getting most of the 5A (yes, all conferences) games sent in to seven, and there are a few missing from each conference. 

If anybody has the following dates for these matches, kindly send them into seven so he can get every teams' conference schedule updated:

5A West (missing FOUR matches) Dates Needed:
Harrison vs. Maumelle, Harrison vs. Morrilton (Boys AND Girls, both dates), Maumelle vs. Morrilton
Thanks, mijally!

5A East Dates Needed:
Greene County Tech vs. Nettleton (Boys AND Girls, both dates)
5A East is complete.
Thanks, Raiders5!

5A Central (missing TWELVE) Dates Needed:
Jacksonville vs. Mills, Jacksonville vs. Sylvan Hills, Mills vs. Sylvan Hills (Boys AND Girls in all instances, both dates)

5A South (missing FOUR) Dates Needed:
De Queen vs. Hope (Boys AND Girls, both dates)

Harrison at Morrilton 3/17
Morrilton at Harrison 5/8

sevenof400

The 5A West is being updated as I type this - please let me know of any typos or omissions!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas