• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams to watch in the 4a this year? Sleeper team?

Started by bilboswaggins, December 28, 2018, 08:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bilboswaggins

Rick Swines

T-Bone

Quote from: Rick Swines on December 31, 2018, 07:41:10 am
Valley view

If I understand it correctly VV will start the year off with two good players injured.  Is that true?  They do have some good players.  Glad to see Lipford back on the field from the start of the year.

OrangeCrush.

Nashville will be good again. Not sure if they'll be as good as the past two years but they will be a contender.

Rick Swines

I'm not sure who is hurt for valley view. They are a well coached experienced team. I'm not sure if they have the pitching depth to go through state tournament though.

Other teams in nea that should be good is brookland, pokey, and wynne.

Pokey has Chester who committed to astate plus lots of talent from a very good USssa team growing up.

Brookland is solid with the algee kid committed to astate. Plus the sophomore privet and Hendrix. 1st base and pitcher. Hendrix is probably up to low 80s with control.

Wynne got a good sophomore (peiri)move in pitcher that supposedly hit 88 this past summer but not sure what else they have. They have been solid in 5a the past few years.

I dont know much about highland, Stuttgart, lonoke, batesville, gosnell, or southside?

blue4hire

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 04, 2019, 10:39:01 am
Nashville will be good again. Not sure if they'll be as good as the past two years but they will be a contender.
Last year was supposed to be the rebuilding year. Look for coach Slayton to have them back near the top again.

T-Bone

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 07, 2019, 08:14:04 am
I'm not sure who is hurt for valley view. They are a well coached experienced team. I'm not sure if they have the pitching depth to go through state tournament though.

I heard 3 tonight but won't say the names.  Not sure it is 100 percent correct.  I believe they will hit well but pitching might be a challenge in depth.  Then again they may come out on fire.  You never know.  At least mid season to end season, with no more injuries, they should be strong.

Rick Swines

Valley view and Nashville will be the favorites imo.

Gravelbar

I'm with Rick on Valley View---solid team all the way around..watch Brookland too though. VV and Batesville moved down to play the blended 4A in the East...don't know much about Batesville, but 5A was stacked last year with good teams--some of them moved down, so who knows this early, but VV is my pick.

Rick Swines

After talking to some people that's around the programs (mainly in nea) I've heard valley view, Nashville, and Joe t are the teams to beat. Others to keep an eye on are pokey, brookland, and Wynne. I havent heard anything about nwa or swa. I'm sure they have great teams at the top.

Lumberjackfan1978

NEA Razorback olfan

Gravelbar

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Gravelbar on March 07, 2019, 01:47:49 pm
Who was on the mound for Brookland?

Chandler Taylor
CG, 10k's
4hits 1 run
Per Jonesboro sun

Gravelbar

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley View 26
Westside 8
F

Brookland 23
Highland 11
F
Per Jonesboro Sun

NEA Razorback olfan

March 11, 2019, 10:08:38 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:13:36 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 7
Southside 4
F

dirtbagbaseball

Quick question...how does Batesville Southside get to host a regional tournament, much less the state tournament?  They have no seating whatsoever, and their fence distances do not meet NFHS guidelines, which is clearly stated as a requirement on the bid to host?

OB11

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on March 14, 2019, 09:35:01 am
Quick question...how does Batesville Southside get to host a regional tournament, much less the state tournament?  They have no seating whatsoever, and their fence distances do not meet NFHS guidelines, which is clearly stated as a requirement on the bid to host?

Is there a city park or something in Batesville that they may be using as the tournament site?

Gravelbar

Maybe they are using Lyon College or Batesville's fields????  Don't know really, but that's something that could be done I reckon.

~WPS~

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on March 14, 2019, 09:35:01 am
They probably promised the most money to the AAA.  The AAA doesn't care what facilities are like, they just want money.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Gravelbar

I'm guessing Pokey must be pretty good since we've already played Brookland and Valley View--both of those teams are good, so Pokey must be the real deal---we had to reschedule them due to state tournament games, but we'll get them in a week or two...NEA baseball is up this year---tough sledding around these parts.

BoldRed420

And Pokey has been without their best player and only college commit Dawson Chester due to mono and they have still performed well. Once they get their best hitter and another quality arm back I believe they can be a force. Consistency will be key.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Westside 0
Brookland 8
Top 6
Jake Algee  grand slam

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Rick Swines

It appears Robinson, Valley view, and Nashville have separated themselves in their conferences.  What about the northwest corner of the state? 

clarkcounty

Quote from: Rick Swines on March 27, 2019, 10:31:29 am
It appears Robinson, Valley view, and Nashville have separated themselves in their conferences.  What about the northwest corner of the state?

Nashville definitely a good team, although they did suffer their first conference loss to Arkadelphia last night. Agree with Robinson and Valley View.

Would expect Monticello, C-F, Magnolia to be best 3 in 4A-8.

CageMonsterNWA

March 28, 2019, 09:45:29 pm #34 Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:48:26 pm by CageMonsterNWA
Quote from: Rick Swines on March 27, 2019, 10:31:29 am

Shilo, Harrison, Pea Ridge, and Huntsville.  Huntsville plays both Shilo and Pea Ridge in the next week or so.  Shilo seems to be heads above the rest right now. Harrison is pretty strong and had a good spring break trip.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: clarkcounty on March 27, 2019, 11:37:00 am
Nashville definitely a good team, although they did suffer their first conference loss to Arkadelphia last night. Agree with Robinson and Valley View.

Would expect Monticello, C-F, Magnolia to be best 3 in 4A-8.

Monticello is really good.

intruder

Why was tomorrow's game between arkedelphia and Malvern cancelled?  Was planning on going to it.

OrangeCrush.

Malvern didn't want to play Arkadelphia and Nashville so close. So got Arkadelphia to agree to move the game to later in the season.

intruder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on March 31, 2019, 07:47:06 pm
Malvern didn't want to play Arkadelphia and Nashville so close. So got Arkadelphia to agree to move the game to later in the season.
This sounds pretty CS to me. I didn't know a schedule could be changed because we don't like it. Wow!

clarkcounty

Quote from: intruder on March 31, 2019, 08:14:56 pm
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on March 31, 2019, 07:47:06 pm
This sounds pretty CS to me. I didn't know a schedule could be changed because we don't like it. Wow!

Today's Ark/Malv game was a reschedule of a rainout from a couple of weeks ago. Wednesday's Malvern vs. Nashville game was moved from this Friday several weeks ago due to Malvern's prom from what I understand. Malvern didn't want to play Ark on Monday and Nash on Wed so wanted to move.

Ark's twitter page shows a post with the Nashville result from last week's upset and the next morning tweeted about Malvern wanting to move today's game...........

bilboswaggins

Hate to say it but S.C. is a contender this year. Not saying Star City btw...

NEA Razorback olfan

Gravelbar

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 07, 2019, 09:40:29 am
Brookland 2
Batesville 1
F
This was a good one--both played pretty decent...did you watch this one?  The next one was a really good one too---Batesville in a walk off hit win 3-2 over Greenbriar....Brookland's pitcher's did a good job out there--they have a solid team.  Algee and Taylor I think..

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Gravelbar on April 07, 2019, 04:15:29 pm
This was a good one--both played pretty decent...did you watch this one?  The next one was a really good one too---Batesville in a walk off hit win 3-2 over Greenbriar....Brookland's pitcher's did a good job out there--they have a solid team.  Algee and Taylor I think..

No I followed on game changer,
Taylor has offer from Lyon
Algee AState signee

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Gravelbar

Ok, we've now played pretty much the top 4A teams in NEA now...played Valley View last night and had them 6-5 in the top of the 7th and needed 3 outs...didn't get them and ended up 8-6 VV...Tuesday night we went to Pokey and put a 9-0 loss on them in game 1, and lost the 2nd game 5-2--Chester pitched that one, but we hit him ok, played Brookland again last Saturday and came up short 2-1 on them...However, we did put an loss on Greenbriar in the game before, so my point is that we've seen some of the top teams in the state...I'm still trying to figure out who the top team in 4A is though---All these teams are are pretty even and coming down the stretch here is going to be interesting...I'll throw Southside in there too--especially when Jones is on the mound---he got us twice and he's a good one if you happen to get him...In the tournament--it's going to be the team that has the arms healthy it looks like..all these teams have at least 1 guy that will beat you, but beyond that it's a toss up looks like.

NEA Razorback olfan

Gravelbar

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 16, 2019, 09:30:14 pm
Southside 4
Brookland 6
F
Brookland jumped ahead of VV in the standings  with this win I think....Right now, I'm giving a slight edge to Brookland in the 4A-3...Brookland's pitching is pretty darn good.

OB11

Quote from: Gravelbar on April 17, 2019, 08:37:58 am
Brookland jumped ahead of VV in the standings  with this win I think....Right now, I'm giving a slight edge to Brookland in the 4A-3...Brookland's pitching is pretty darn good.

The paper this morning said that VV locked up the #1 seed and conference championship with their win last night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas