• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon basketball 2018

Started by da greatest bigbaby, November 12, 2018, 06:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2019, 09:47:59 pm
Only thing suspect around here is Clarendon ability to win on the road away from their refs.

You got took to the woodshed Thursday. Pretenders
Woodshed, really...that's laughable even for you.

MomaLion

Clarendon faces Barton at home Tuesday night...GO LIONS!!!!!

da greatest bigbaby

January 14, 2019, 06:04:03 am #402 Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:22:22 pm by da greatest bigbaby
This is a hoop thread soo if yaw wanna humble yourselves this wouldn't be the place rite Bdub lol soo if your here make yourself useful we have lots of hoop talk left go lions whip Barton an Bdub we got out coached in the cedar ridge game I was their lol can't blame ro them for that 1 I notice coach Hudson had Mr Tyler out front on the press maybe should've had ro their a lil quicker cause once cedar got settled they attack'd the glass

Lions84

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 14, 2019, 06:04:03 am
This is a hoop thread soo if yaw wanna humble yourselves this wouldn't be the place rite Bdub lol soo if your here make yourself useful we have lots of hoop talk left go lions whip Barton an Bdub we got out coached in the cedar ridge game I was their lol can't blame ro them for that 1 I notice coach Hudson had Mr Tyler out front on the press maybe should've had ro their a lil quicker cause once cedar got settled they attack'd glass
Out coached, out played out everything. Mercy ruled. Clarendon wasn't winning that game even if Greg Popovich and Phil Jackson we're both on the bench.

CR lost a few games that year and that was because they had injuries all year and one of the worst charge calls I've ever seen cost them the NEA tourney.

So no you didn't get out coached. You were destroyed by a better team.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on January 14, 2019, 01:33:52 am
Woodshed, really...that's laughable even for you.
And it's meant to be and not meant for you

da greatest bigbaby

January 14, 2019, 03:30:50 pm #407 Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:37:57 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Bdub if you were @ the cedar ridge Vs Clarendon game that nite you would noo the difference between out coach'd an out played we never got in the right defense lol we held 6a state champs talented  pine bluff 2 a season low of 48 should've held em 2 bout 30 but we let off the attack an press lol an just flat out whip'd 5a state champs lr McClellan an 4a state champs pine bluff dollarway lol soo going into the 2a state championship game wouldn't you expect the same of course you would lol but then when you hit the court none of the taller cedar guys left the 3 point area wow they just drove 2 the glass alnite   why not call a time out an draw up something a lil different  an reverse that make the  taller cedar guys beat you with the 3 ball if I was play'n against 6'7 Lebron I would make  him shoot 3's alnite lol but anywhoo 3a cedar ridge is done now 5 an something again like epc lol were still the no. 1 contender 2a again rite Bdub ask marked tree  lol go lions noo mercy state champs we shine in the regionals an state tourneys lol

bdubyab60

CR was the best team that year by miles in 2A. I don't care what you did to other teams. Yiu didn't do it when it counted and you sure didn't do it against CR. Like I said it wouldn't have mattered who was coaching Clarendon. Get over it but I understand devastation like that is hard to get past. Took Japan decades after we dropped the bomb on them.

Bottom line Clarendon wasn't beating Cedar Ridge, period, end of story. Just like this year Clarendon isn't winning a state title. Simply put they aren't good enough. They don't have the metal of a champion to get over the hump.

I don't have to ask anyone. I can tell from their inconsistent play.

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 14, 2019, 03:30:50 pm
Bdub if you were @ the cedar ridge Vs Clarendon game that nite you would noo the difference between out coach'd an out played we never got in the right defense lol we held 6a state champs talented  pine bluff 2 a season low of 48 should've held em 2 bout 30 but we let off the attack an press lol an just flat out whip'd 5a state champs lr McClellan an 4a state champs pine bluff dollarway lol soo going into the 2a state championship game wouldn't you expect the same of course you would lol but then when you hit the court none of the taller cedar guys left the 3 point area wow they just drove 2 the glass alnite   why not call a time out an draw up something a lil different  an reverse that make the  taller cedar guys beat you with the 3 ball if I was play'n against 6'7 Lebron I would make  him shoot 3's alnite lol but anywhoo 3a cedar ridge is done now 5 an something again like epc lol were still the no. 1 contender 2a again rite Bdub ask marked tree  lol go lions noo mercy state champs we shine in the regionals an state tourneys lol
And no I wouldn't expect as Cedar was the defending champs and was crushing folks with their bench. I don't care who you beat in the regular season. That Cedar team was for real and obviously could have beaten any team they played. Think they lost 3 games. Two of those losses without 3 of their starters. And both of the Reaves kids could flat at shoot the rock.

Clarendon missed their best chance the next year when they choked

Ctucker

Bdub big baby and moma are only to people in America that think Clarendon was better the Cedar! Cedar had 4 boys play college ball off that team I'm pretty sure only one not sure about was youngest Crabtree! One plays professionally in Spain another is at a major D-1! Oklahoma to be exact after transferring from WS we're he had multiple 20 point games and was a starter a lot of his sophomore year and he will start for Oklahoma next year count on it! No the difference between the 2 schools Cedar done it and still ain't bragging about it because they expected to win and they did! Clarendon fans on other hand brag about getting blowed out and tell everybody they was better!

da greatest bigbaby

Yeah whatever Bdub yaw an ctucker should ask 2 join 3a cedar ridge an battle for next 2 last place in their conference  lol now here in the 6-2a Bdub if yaw can win Monday Tuesday an Wednesday in the district tourney maybe yaw can play us or marked tree that Friday lol hopefully us in the rematch noo mercy  best 2 teams in the state 2a lol

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 14, 2019, 11:05:40 am
And it's meant to be and not meant for you
I know your aim is at big baby, but you know I will take up for my kids.

MomaLion

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 14, 2019, 03:30:50 pm

I realize that you are just trying to stir up discussion, but you do realize that you are painting a giant bullseye on our backs right?  And I hope the rest of you realize that this is not the general opinion of the kids, coaches nor the majority of the fans.
And the year we destroyed all the eventual state winners was the year after we played Cedar Ridge.  We had beaten some of them the year before as well but not like we did Ro's Sr year.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 14, 2019, 06:56:15 pm
CR was the best team that year by miles in 2A. I don't care what you did to other teams. Yiu didn't do it when it counted and you sure didn't do it against CR. Like I said it wouldn't have mattered who was coaching Clarendon. Get over it but I understand devastation like that is hard to get past. Took Japan decades after we dropped the bomb on them.

Bottom line Clarendon wasn't beating Cedar Ridge, period, end of story. Just like this year Clarendon isn't winning a state title. Simply put they aren't good enough. They don't have the metal of a champion to get over the hump.

I don't have to ask anyone. I can tell from their inconsistent play.

I've always said the nobody was beating Cedar Ridge that year as well. In addition to that, it was our first time at the big show.  There were lots of nerves.  I remember thinking that it would be a dry run for the following year...and we all know how that one turned out.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 14, 2019, 08:35:37 pm
Bdub big baby and moma are only to people in America that think Clarendon was better the Cedar! Cedar had 4 boys play college ball off that team I'm pretty sure only one not sure about was youngest Crabtree! One plays professionally in Spain another is at a major D-1! Oklahoma to be exact after transferring from WS we're he had multiple 20 point games and was a starter a lot of his sophomore year and he will start for Oklahoma next year count on it! No the difference between the 2 schools Cedar done it and still ain't bragging about it because they expected to win and they did! Clarendon fans on other hand brag about getting blowed out and tell everybody they was better!

Woah there buddy, I have NEVER said that we were better than Cedar Ridge that year.  Let's just get that straight.

MomaLion

Ok, y'all, i'm a bit confused about the whole district/conference setup this year.  We're listed as being in conference with Marked Tree, EPC, Earle etc in the standings on Maxpreps  but none of those games are marked on our schedule as being conference games.  They have us marked as not having played any conference games thus far...Barton, Kipp Delta and Marianna are the only ones maked as conference games.
Is there going to be a split conference making up the district or what?

birddawg1986

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 02:36:49 am
Ok, y'all, i'm a bit confused about the whole district/conference setup this year.  We're listed as being in conference with Marked Tree, EPC, Earle etc in the standings on Maxpreps  but none of those games are marked on our schedule as being conference games.  They have us marked as not having played any conference games thus far...Barton, Kipp Delta and Marianna are the only ones maked as conference games.
Is there going to be a split conference making up the district or what?
My understanding is that they will cross play just like a regional tournament. Doesn't give 1 or 2 automatic spot to regionals without winning 1 game. Heard the coaches did not like format and rumor was they would meet and revamp.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 02:23:38 am
I realize that you are just trying to stir up discussion, but you do realize that you are painting a giant bullseye on our backs right?  And I hope the rest of you realize that this is not the general opinion of the kids, coaches nor the majority of the fans.
And the year we destroyed all the eventual state winners was the year after we played Cedar Ridge.  We had beaten some of them the year before as well but not like we did Ro's Sr year.
I knew that was a year later I posted it Big Babby is the one that didn't know! And that team got beat first round! What's this big bulls eye your talking about! If are kids play y'all and lose we will say congrats and move on! Unlike y'all!

old.dole

Did the coach's not meet in the spring and go over how they wanted to do conference play or tournament play?

da greatest bigbaby

Yeah I do know ctucker I was their in pine bluff anything but 3a cedar ridge they wasn't that good lol  it seem like yaw are  try'n 2 talk around  the upcoming whip'n from marked tree an earle them An the mighty lions in the district epc is 5-11 I think lol yaw catch up an bring what yaw have on the roster lol I think moma wants in on the action got Barton tonite do you live stream   an   I told Bdub  yaw what happen @ the cedar game I noo every 1 opinion is different depending on who yaw buddies are lol we got out coach'd an I'm not taking sides either cedar was  better prepared on what 2 do    I'm not say'n that 1 game made coach Hudson a bad coach or anything but he didnt say anything that nite he just squat'd down an watched that game like us  lol moma if ro didnt wanna play defense coach should've pulled him out for a minute 

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 15, 2019, 08:22:47 am
Yeah I do know ctucker I was their in pine bluff anything but 3a cedar ridge they wasn't that good lol  it seem like yaw are  try'n 2 talk around  the upcoming whip'n from marked tree an earle them An the mighty lions in the district epc is 5-11 I think lol yaw catch up an bring what yaw have on the roster lol I think moma wants in on the action got Barton tonite do you live stream   an   I told Bdub  yaw what happen @ the cedar game I noo every 1 opinion is different depending on who yaw buddies are lol we got out coach'd an I'm not taking sides either cedar was  better prepared on what 2 do    I'm not say'n that 1 game made coach Hudson a bad coach or anything but he didnt say anything that nite he just squat'd down an watched that game like us  lol moma if ro didnt wanna play defense coach should've pulled him out for a minute
keep telling yourself that they would have blowed y'all out no matter what you can dream up!

Ctucker

Hey big baby y'all dropped out of the rankings!

birddawg1986

Quote from: old.dole on January 15, 2019, 06:49:57 am
Did the coach's not meet in the spring and go over how they wanted to do conference play or tournament play?
I was told that the superintendents agreed on the format, but now coaches want to revise. Not sure if that will happen....just what was shared with me.

old.dole

You would think the sups would get with their coaches on those matters but that would make too much sense

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 01:57:02 am
I know your aim is at big baby, but you know I will take up for my kids.
I know you do and again I'm aiming this at one person. So just breeze over my comments. Id just like for him to tell the truth instead of revisionist history.

CR was the best team that year. And the next year it doesn't matter how many or who you beat. It was a missed opportunity, period.

Plenty of 2A teams have beaten bigger schools and other title winners. But if you don't win the one that counts you can't claim it

da greatest bigbaby

Bdub those old titles don't mean anything 2 this year's Lion team 6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd lol an I'm sure the 5-11 epc guys are say'n the same thing yaw catch up lol go lions whip on barton

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 15, 2019, 04:03:22 pm
Bdub those old titles don't mean anything 2 this year's Lion team 6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd lol an I'm sure the 5-11 epc guys are say'n the same thing yaw catch up lol go lions whip on barton
I think EPC beat y'all! You need to try to keep up!

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 15, 2019, 03:39:40 am
My understanding is that they will cross play just like a regional tournament. Doesn't give 1 or 2 automatic spot to regionals without winning 1 game. Heard the coaches did not like format and rumor was they would meet and revamp.
Ok,  thanks. It's odd though that other teams have the whole conference marked as conference games and we only have 3 teams marked which makes us just now playing a conference game.

NEark tigers

That grammar by bigbaby is serious straining my eyes....

#BULLDOGNATION

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 15, 2019, 06:44:24 am
I knew that was a year later I posted it Big Babby is the one that didn't know! And that team got beat first round! What's this big bulls eye your talking about! If are kids play y'all and lose we will say congrats and move on! Unlike y'all!
First of all I wasn't even talking to you. And the bullseye is all the animosity created towards our team because of one fans arrogance.
We aren't expecting anything but are cautiously optimistic.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 04:45:18 pm
Ok,  thanks. It's odd though that other teams have the whole conference marked as conference games and we only have 3 teams marked which makes us just now playing a conference game.
what is the deal there we play everybody in our conference twice why doesn't yalls do that did I miss something?

MomaLion

That's what I'm talking about... we only play Barton,  Kipp Delta and Marianna twice and those are the only ones listed as conference with the * but when you look at the standings it has all of us. Then you look at the other teams in the conference and they have all teams marked with the * 

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 05:28:49 pm
That's what I'm talking about... we only play Barton,  Kipp Delta and Marianna twice and those are the only ones listed as conference with the * but when you look at the standings it has all of us. Then you look at the other teams in the conference and they have all teams marked with the *
It's crazy I don't understand it either!

Missco

It is obvious that yall are split. Everybody plays everybody once and their side twice in conference. The confusion is some schools on opposite sides chose to play each other twice, like Earle and Lee.

MomaLion

So why are most of the teams marked with the full conference and we are only marked with 6 conference games?

FoxandHound34

January 15, 2019, 09:30:59 pm #436 Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:33:37 pm by FoxandHound34
Hope you arent banking on a state tournament appearance this year big baby, you're gonna be real disappointed. May not make it out of district, especially since it's not in Clarendon. Lions have big a big problem this year it seems winning away from Clarendon, I  wonder why that is hmmmm.....

Ctucker

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 15, 2019, 09:30:59 pm
Hope you arent banking on a state tournament appearance this year big baby, you're gonna be real disappointed. May not make it out of district, especially since it's not in Clarendon. Lions have big a big problem this year it seems winning away from Clarendon, I  wonder why that is hmmmm.....
who won tonight Barton or Clarendon?

da greatest bigbaby

Fox an hound noo yaw have a bigger problem on the road then Clarendon we have won some big games on the road beat 5a paragould an no. 10 4a farmington in the mtn home tourney loss a few close 1's in some tough places earle, bay, England all top 10 teams Prolly our youth got a lil tense on the road only have 3 sr's   the district is in marked tree noo 1 has a chance their 2 whip marked tree but us mt beat earle 2nite 69-66 an we whip'd on Barton 57-40 wow Fox we the best an the state is in Carlisle bring it on noo mercy lol ctucker we should be back @ no. 2 Prolly by Monday got Kip/helena Friday

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 15, 2019, 10:08:03 pm
Fox an hound noo yaw have a bigger problem on the road then Clarendon we have won some big games on the road beat 5a paragould an no. 10 4a farmington in the mtn home tourney loss a few close 1's in some tough places earle, bay, England all top 10 teams Prolly our youth got a lil tense on the road only have 3 sr's   the district is in marked tree noo 1 has a chance their 2 whip marked tree but us mt beat earle 2nite 69-66 an we whip'd on Barton 57-40 wow Fox we the best an the state is in Carlisle bring it on noo mercy lol ctucker we should be back @ no. 2 Prolly by Monday got Kip/helena Friday
y'all want be rank 2 after dropping completely out but keep dreaming Big Baby!

FoxandHound34

Only whippings Clarendon will have come tournament time is the ones they will be receiving. Earle, EPC, Bay all gonna whip up on the Red Lions. Y'all might as well not even go, just stay home and save yourselves the whooping y'all will get.

MomaLion

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 15, 2019, 09:30:59 pm
I'd certainly like to know how it's an advantage playing in Clarendon other than home court.  We have all new refs this year that we've never seen and they certainly aren't doing us any favors..at one point during our girls game tonight we had 15 fouls to Barton's 2...and no, it wasn't because they weren't fouling. And i'm not denying our fouls for the most part, they just weren't calling them both ways.
Also, i'll go ahead and say it, WE WILL MAKE STATE  ;D ;D ;D

MomaLion

January 16, 2019, 12:31:56 am #442 Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 12:34:47 am by MomaLion
Quote from: Ctucker on January 15, 2019, 10:04:28 pm
who won tonight Barton or Clarendon?
Clarendon by 17

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 15, 2019, 10:15:31 pm
y'all want be rank 2 after dropping completely out but keep dreaming Big Baby!
We should have never came in at 2 honestly but we will be back up there soon enough.  I'm not really concerned about rankings anyway.  Right now we just have to work on consistency.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on January 15, 2019, 06:32:12 pm
So why are most of the teams marked with the full conference and we are only marked with 6 conference games?
Max preps is garbage. It always has incomplete data. Because they rely on data sent to them. They aren't doing much leg work in the lower classifications

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 15, 2019, 04:03:22 pm
You are the one claiming things that don't matter. We beat this team and that team. And we can tell that Clarendon hasn't learned from the past. And I'm also not the one on here bragging how we gonna whip everyone, making excuses for THE WORST LOSS in 2A finals history. While also claiming a state title because you beat some other teams then choked. That's you fella. You bring up the past. We bring up our history and prove you ignorant of it and all of a sudden it's the past don't matter.

Then when in the present you get beat by a 5-11 EPC team no respect just blame the refs. I can say the same for Clarendon and their refs at home.

Clarendon isn't winning a Title this year or anytime soon. Get used to it. Get used to know you haven't beaten EPC, EVER. Even when we are having a down year. #notcontenders.

I swear it's like trying to keep a 2 year old from sticking a penny in a light socket or eating dog food

FoxandHound34

I just find it odd their games against good competition on the road Bay, EPC, Earle, Stuttgart, and England all were losses. Compared to at home where they beat anyone hmmmm......

Jesus Saves

I would love to know Cartwright's stats from the Barton game.  He worked hard all night and never left the floor.  I'm guessing a triple double?  Moma Lion, can you provide this info?

NEark tigers

Quote from: MomaLion on January 16, 2019, 12:37:34 am
We should have never came in at 2 honestly but we will be back up there soon enough.  I'm not really concerned about rankings anyway.  Right now we just have to work on consistency.
Don't forget.....Clarendon is 0-5 against Earle since the 2017.....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 16, 2019, 05:38:18 am
Max preps is garbage. It always has incomplete data. Because they rely on data sent to them. They aren't doing much leg work in the lower classifications

Coaches are supposed to input the data....so does that mean the coaches are doing a pitiful job or maxpreps ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas