• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Scrimmages (Benefit Games)

Started by hogwild_82, August 02, 2018, 04:30:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild_82

Who is your school scrimmaging? When? Where?

tmycjy

Wynne VR Searcy Aug 16 5:30PM AT Searcy

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins vs Berryville Bobcats on Aug 17 at F.S. Garrison Stadium in Harrison.

AT

Alma will play FS Southside August 20th at Alma.

Eastbay501

Hogman2018

Texarkana doesnt have a scrimmage this year! Usually scrimmage Hope but they are now in our conference. Guess he couldnt find one!

PA Bruin Fan

Bryant at PA on Thursday, August 16

hogwild_82

Is GCT scrimmaging Southside again?

JessieP

Batesville @ West Memphis August 14th.

shortbus

Valley View vs. Pocahontas August 17 7:00

athletic supporter

Clarksville hosting Atkins on August 14

RamFan06

Lakeside hosting Sheridan on the 17th.

pantherblue

Heard Sylvan Hills at Greenbrier August 13...

InYoGrill

Quote from: tmycjy on August 02, 2018, 05:14:14 pm
Wynne VR Searcy Aug 16 5:30PM AT Searcy

Should be a good test for both.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on August 03, 2018, 03:21:46 pm
Harrison Golden Goblins vs Berryville Bobcats on Aug 17 at F.S. Garrison Stadium in Harrison.

Upset alert. LOL!   Really Postal, Berryville?

x14113

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on August 08, 2018, 05:31:51 pm
pantherblue said to play someone easy for a benefit game.  Vilonia was already booked. ;D

But seriously, we have played them in the few years as a locally close benefit game.  The funny thing is that Harrison, Huntsville and Farmington will play them as conference opponents in other sports when our teams drop to 4A-1 later this year.

501Arkansas

Nettleton vs Osceola August 14th at Nettleton 6:00

DEVIL DOG HOG

smurf_you91

So question does anyone know if Alma plays Ozarks high school in the Hillbillies scrimmage against Farmtown I mean it says the Jr High does so I was he if the high school does to

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 13, 2018, 10:48:57 pm
So question does anyone know if Alma plays Ozarks high school in the Hillbillies scrimmage against Farmtown I mean it says the Jr High does so I was he if the high school does to

No. Alma scrimmages FS Southside and Ozark scrimmages Farmington. 

If you'll scroll up you'll see.

WTD

bulldoghistorian

Star City at Watson Chapel tonight 6:00

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on August 11, 2018, 09:29:41 pm
pantherblue said to play someone easy for a benefit game.  Vilonia was already booked. ;D

But seriously, we have played them in the few years as a locally close benefit game.  The funny thing is that Harrison, Huntsville and Farmington will play them as conference opponents in other sports when our teams drop to 4A-1 later this year.

The way the population keeps growing up in NW AR makes you wonder if you could have enough for your own conference someday.

GuvHog

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 14, 2018, 01:03:00 pm
Star City at Watson Chapel tonight 6:00

Final Score:

Watson Chapel   49

Star City             7

Watson Chapel has work to do but Star City has more. WC's dual threat QB, Curry, gave the Bulldogs fits all game long.

athletic supporter

In 1 half of play with the clock running:

Atkins 27
Clarksville 21

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2018, 08:42:36 pm
Final Score:

Watson Chapel   49

Star City             7

Watson Chapel has work to do but Star City has more. WC's dual threat QB, Curry, gave the Bulldogs fits all game long.

I agree!

$aintMaximu$

This is what I was thinking :)

GuvHog

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 14, 2018, 10:41:18 pm
I agree!

The Star City player that caught the touchdown pass has a serious set of wheels though. That guy can flat run!

Go Postal

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 15, 2018, 09:29:41 am
This is what I was thinking :)
You guys are hilarious!  But anything can happen.  I'm going to try to be at the game.  I'm curious about our QB and I would like to see the new 6'9" 355 lb lineman.   :o

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Go Postal on August 16, 2018, 12:44:46 pm
You guys are hilarious!  But anything can happen.  I'm going to try to be at the game.  I'm curious about our QB and I would like to see the new 6'9" 355 lb lineman.   :o

No way it will an upset... I was talking more about the LOL...  You guys will have your way with them...

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: GuvHog on August 15, 2018, 04:36:26 pm
The Star City player that caught the touchdown pass has a serious set of wheels though. That guy can flat run!
Quote from: GuvHog on August 15, 2018, 04:36:26 pm
Yep, number 2 Adam Fonville. I expect big things from him this season. He's an athlete!

Adjudicator

Quote from: hogwild_82 on August 04, 2018, 08:47:49 pm
Is GCT scrimmaging Southside again?
No! GCT is not playing a benefit (scrimmage) game this year.  Not sure why I just know they are not.

Adjudicator

Earlier tonight (Thur 8/16) Blytheville beat Mtn Home 50-6. The game was called late in the 3rd due to lightning in the area and impending thunderstorms in the Blytheville area.

bigchief72455

Valley View vs. Pocahontas tonight. Weather permitting.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Adjudicator on August 17, 2018, 03:46:53 am
Earlier tonight (Thur 8/16) Blytheville beat Mtn Home 50-6. The game was called late in the 3rd due to lightning in the area and impending thunderstorms in the Blytheville area.
That's a long drive, especially for a scrimmage.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:37:48 am
Valley View vs. Pocahontas tonight. Weather permitting.
how's poky looking have you been to any of the practices

bigchief72455

August 17, 2018, 12:43:43 pm #37 Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:48:15 pm by bigchief72455
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 17, 2018, 12:25:33 pm
how's poky looking have you been to any of the practices
They are looking pretty sharp. They played well in camps this summer and have looked good in their practices. Team speed has improved. New group of sophomores that went undefeated from 7-9. New qb. Like any 10th grade class they have not been battle proven this season. Always a transition period. Defense is very aggressive. I would say this may be one of the best teams Pocahontas has fielded in a long time.

bigchief72455

Go Postal

Harrison 28
Berryville 0

(This wasn't a full normal game played but with 3 sets of 12 offensive and defensive plays for each team.  See my short unofficial summary in the Harrison Golden Goblins thread.)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: WTD on August 14, 2018, 08:11:04 am
Jacksonville @ Maumelle 8/20

Maumelle looked pretty sharp on both sides of the ball. The scrimmage was 2 20-minute halves with a running clock. Maumelle's running backs are GOOD. Didn't get to see the passing game much but for the most part the QB was on target and the receivers can go. He's a big, athletic kid with some swagger. I think the first defense held Jacksonville to negative yards. One thing that surprised me was Jacksonville's numbers. They didn't have a lot of guys dressed out. I think they're kind of banged up though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Hornets compete in the Central this fall. Should make for some highly entertaining games.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 20, 2018, 09:24:57 pm
Maumelle looked pretty sharp on both sides of the ball. The scrimmage was 2 20-minute halves with a running clock. Maumelle's running backs are GOOD. Didn't get to see the passing game much but for the most part the QB was on target and the receivers can go. He's a big, athletic kid with some swagger. I think the first defense held Jacksonville to negative yards. One thing that surprised me was Jacksonville's numbers. They didn't have a lot of guys dressed out. I think they're kind of banged up though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Hornets compete in the Central this fall. Should make for some highly entertaining games.

Hey Chief, I saw where Maumelle's Donnerson signed with the Packers

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on August 21, 2018, 12:22:29 pm
Hey Chief, I saw where Maumelle's Donnerson signed with the Packers

I saw that he got picked up earlier this spring. Didn't see if he was drafted or signed a FA contract. He was unblockable in high school when he went all out and is a physical freak. His measurables should be a pretty high grade. I hope he has a great career in the league.

AirWarren

Good luck to those maumelle hornets!

Youngsta71701

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas