• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

nea tournament

Started by elvis26, November 23, 2011, 09:55:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

;D i heard the nea tournament is going to have a new format this year. does anybody know what kind of format they are going to have this year?    thanks
                                                                                        elvis26

Basketballfan13

They will seed into the tournament on Dec 7th, I think they will start the tournament before christmas but since there will only be 4 rounds instead of I think 5 like last year i can see it as a possibility to change it up. They have completely changed the divisions due to a lack of participation from larger schools. Instead of 3A and below and 4a-up, they have taken the field of 30 teams and divided it down the middle by AAA enrollment numbers of grades 9-11. This makes the smallest 15 schools in one division which is all of the 1A schools and most of the 2A schools. BIC, EPC, Marmaduke, Riverside, and Walnut Ridge are the 2A schools that are playing up with the 3A and bigger. This will be an interesting look but I think it'll make both divisions more competitive, unlike last year where the first few days were filled with many games not worth watching. I know Jonesboro is not playing in the girls division, not sure about the boys. Hope that helps you some.

Turtle90

November 27, 2011, 05:36:11 pm #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:34:18 pm by Turtle90
If your talking AAA numbers grades 9-11 then those numbers should be same as 2012-2014 classification numbers that came out this year .

Cedar Ridge 182.33
Riverside 176.33
Marmaduke 176.00
Salem 175.67
EPC 173.67
BIC 170.67
Walnut Ridge 167.00

Unless Cedar Ridge and Salem have gotten out, they must be going on last classification numbers. Otherwise BIC and WR would be in lower division.
Hear all games girl and boys on main floor? They also need to give a 3 game guarantee and playout losers brackets on upper floor. It would be easily done.

Basketballfan13

I agree with the 3 game guarantee, that would bring in more teams. They used 11-12 numbers.

elvis26

;Di would like to see a 3-game guarantee so some of the big schools will come back to the nea. i always loved to watch blytheville, west memphis, and some of the other big schools play in the nea. the nea needs tol go back to them days!!    sincerely
                                                                                              elvis26

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas