• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida @ Hector Round 2

Started by Wildcatalumni21, November 09, 2018, 11:37:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Tons of respect for the Lions! Hope the Lions fans travel well and hope y'all will enjoy arguably the best 2A atmosphere in the state that we have created at Hector! I know that nobody will give us much of a chance and that's fine! But I believe if our defense continues how they've played lately we will be very competitive! Look forward to watching the Lagrange kid in person

HorseFeathers

Well...reading the other threads this year....Not playing them in that hole in Ida shaves about 14-21 points off the expected point spread?

That said is Mt Ida healthy? Thought I read on here that Lagrange was out for the gurdon game?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 09, 2018, 11:41:08 pm
Well...reading the other threads this year....Not playing them in that hole in Ida shaves about 14-21 points off the expected point spread?

That said is Mt Ida healthy? Thought I read on here that Lagrange was out for the gurdon game?
I believe he's back. And hopefully home field advantage will help us lol

who-knew

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 09, 2018, 11:41:08 pm

He played that game but got hurt 3rd or 4th quarter.

G-HIGH

Listening to the Ida v Bearden game in the 4th on the radio tonight it sounded like he was fine to me.

jsw6f0

Honest question. How did Hector lose to Magazine?

Redzone

Tough place to play but I think Mt. Ida comes out with a win.

MI by 14

godgiven999

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 10, 2018, 02:30:04 am
Kids didn't show up to play, 5 fumbles, and coaching. Our coaches tried running up the middle and it wasn't working. We didn't start throwing the ball til the 4th qtr and started scoring but had dug ourselves in too much of a hole. Magazine came to play that night also

monster_island

I wonder if a news helicopter will land behind a goal post this year.😬

HorseFeathers

Monster island showing his age a little bit.... I was 9 or 10 when that happened, and remember Nance hitting that chopper haha

monster_island

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 10, 2018, 09:58:37 am
Monster island showing his age a little bit.... I was 9 or 10 when that happened, and remember Nance hitting that chopper haha
Showing more than a little age.😉 That was the fastest football that I have ever seen.

cuz

Should be a good game since it's at Hector....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: monster_island on November 10, 2018, 09:55:10 am
I wonder if a news helicopter will land behind a goal post this year.😬
I remember that night, was pretty cool to see happen lol

SWAT11

Mt Ida senior class has won 37 games. That have played 41. In all the environments imaginable. Is Hector any different than anything else they have seen? 

Hole in Ida? 

Not played in Ida so that shaves points? 

Wow I didn't realize they played and won 37 home games in three years. Couldn't be the fact that they are pretty good at football. Not at all.

cuz

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 12:13:53 pm
Mt Ida senior class has won 37 games. That have played 41. In all the environments imaginable. Is Hector any different than anything else they have seen? 

Hole in Ida? 

Wow I didn't realize they played and won 37 home games in three years. Couldn't be the fact that they are pretty good at football. Not at all.

Wow calm down grasshopper no ones bashing your team just a little fun. They have to be good to be where they're at. Enjoy the game.....

rattlerfan24

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 10, 2018, 02:30:04 am
according to everything ive read........every reason imaginable besides Magazine actually playing good and earning it......

Its a miracle Magazine has advanced to the 2nd round of playoffs.

Quite possibly its because we have the luckiest team in the history of football..

Every team we have beat this year has chosen to play their worst possible game against us.  Also, we have been fortunate to have awful refs who always make calls against opposing teams.

Just based off things i have read

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 12:13:53 pm

Hole in Ida? 

I'm biased towards our environment but I believe if you was to ask any posters that have been to one of our games as a visitor they will tell you the same

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 10, 2018, 01:06:22 pm
according to everything ive read........every reason imaginable besides Magazine actually playing good and earning it......

Its a miracle Magazine has advanced to the 2nd round of playoffs.

Quite possibly its because we have the luckiest team in the history of football..

Every team we have beat this year has chosen to play their worst possible game against us.  Also, we have been fortunate to have awful refs who always make calls against opposing teams.

Just based off things i have read
I never said anything about refs? I also actually stated Magazine can't to play the night we played them which implied they played good

rattlerfan24

I was not referring to any of your posts.  Just having some fun.  Seem to read the same things over and over.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 10, 2018, 01:13:03 pm
I was not referring to any of your posts.  Just having some fun.  Seem to read the same things over and over.
Gotcha. Good win last night to y'all btw! Good luck against Batey

rattlerfan24

We will need it.

Magazine @ Foreman 2017 2A defending champs
Burg vs JC 2017 3A runner up
Hector vs MtIda 2017 2A runnerup 2016 2A champs

Tough draws.  Proud to have 3 teams in final 16. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 10, 2018, 01:19:24 pm
We will need it.

Magazine @ Foreman 2017 2A defending champs
Burg vs JC 2017 3A runner up
Hector vs MtIda 2017 2A runnerup 2016 2A champs

Tough draws.  Proud to have 3 teams in final 16.
True! Gotta beat them at some point to move on. Hopefully our defense will rise to the test and have a great performance!

SWAT11

Foreman is the real deal when healthy they are the only ones that had more total yards in a game than Mt Ida. When they are healthy they can flat go.

IdaLions

Should be a great game honestly. What offense does Hector run btw? that will help me decide on who wins. If Mount Ida stays healthy, i'll take them by 6. But I know hector is apparently a very tough place to play. May make the lions a little nervous. Should be a great game!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: IdaLions on November 10, 2018, 07:18:19 pm
Should be a great game honestly. What offense does Hector run btw? that will help me decide on who wins. If Mount Ida stays healthy, i'll take them by 6. But I know hector is apparently a very tough place to play. May make the lions a little nervous. Should be a great game!
We run the Power I. It is definitely a fun place to play for sure though

rattlerfan24

I went to Hector this year during Magazines open week.  Was incredible environment!!!  Tough place to get a win for sure.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 10, 2018, 08:27:22 pm
I went to Hector this year during Magazines open week.  Was incredible environment!!!  Tough place to get a win for sure.
Thanks! Just try to give our boys an experience they'll never forget every Friday night home game

72aDaddy

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 11, 2018, 12:07:28 am
Ida wins going away.
Then I guess both our teams will be enjoying round ball starting Saturday

N2DEEP

I think Mt Ida is too efficient for Hector.

They just do not turn the ball over, Hector will have 2 turnovers that will hurt tham.

Mt Ida 28 vs Hector 12

jsw6f0

What makes the atmosphere so great. Is it a smaller venue? The concessions? Crazy fans?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 11, 2018, 12:17:27 pm
What makes the atmosphere so great. Is it a smaller venue? The concessions? Crazy fans?
From the Wildcat Walk (never seen anything like it anywhere else), to the run-out, the music throughout the game, the fans, concession is good, and it's usually rocking the whole game

G-HIGH

Mt. Ida by 28. If Hector had that much trouble with JC then the Lions will have a big night. The 7 or 8 will win the title this year no question.

cuz

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 01:03:59 pm
Mt. Ida by 28. If Hector had that much trouble with JC then the Lions will have a big night. The 7 or 8 will win the title this year no question.
Sounds like you don't think much of JC. Hector is a good team don't have a off night......

G-HIGH

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2018, 01:23:42 pm
Sounds like you don't think much of JC. Hector is a good team don't have a off night......
How the heck did you gather I dont think much of JC from that? If Hector had such a bad night with JC then they wont have a good one with Ida either. Ohhh i guess you mean you dont think Ida is in JCs category. I see. Im far from an Ida fan, I dont care who has an off night.

SWAT11

The venue:  bigger than war memorial?  Rowdier than than Gurdon Danville or CHG?  Crazier than playing anywhere in the 7? 

G was giving a lot of respect to junction. Junction beat Hector 40 or so. Junction beat Bearden by 40 or so. Two big plays for Bearden against Ida. 36-14. But junction hung 40 on hector pretty quick. 4th against Bearden.

I think that's what he was saying without saying. Correct me if I'm wrong g

G-HIGH

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 11, 2018, 04:10:57 pm
The venue:  bigger than war memorial?  Rowdier than than Gurdon Danville or CHG?  Crazier than playing anywhere in the 7? 

G was giving a lot of respect to junction. Junction beat Hector 40 or so. Junction beat Bearden by 40 or so. Two big plays for Bearden against Ida. 36-14. But junction hung 40 on hector pretty quick. 4th against Bearden.

Yes I was giving respect to both JC and Ida. Just trying to say if you got handled by JC then Ida will give you fits too if you just look at that common opponent. Thanks SWAT.

Wildcatalumni21

You know what they say about comparing scores. Also keep in mind that Hector played for a conference championship the next week after JC and used some players sparingly to avoid injuries

jsw6f0

IdaLions

Camden and Danville are two games I will never forget. The atmosphere was amazing, closest to the War Memorial atmosphere that you can get in 2A. Both were games to remember in 2016.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 11, 2018, 05:09:07 pm
Wildcat walk? Do tell.
Come Friday and you'll get to see it lol. It's just a unique way our boys come onto the field

cuz

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 04:19:18 pm
Yes I was giving respect to both JC and Ida. Just trying to say if you got handled by JC then Ida will give you fits too if you just look at that common opponent. Thanks SWAT.
No foul done. Against Bearden starters  played maybe a quarter, and Hector a half. Never got far comparing scores myself. But both those schools have pretty sound programs. Bearden going through some changes with coaches right now but have some athletes. Hector has a solid team and some speed. Will be a good game I think....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2018, 05:53:21 pm
No foul done. Against Bearden starters  played maybe a quarter, and Hector a half. Never got far comparing scores myself. But both those schools have pretty sound programs. Bearden going through some changes with coaches right now but have some athletes. Hector has a solid team and some speed. Will be a good game I think....
Don't say we have speed! We are a north team full of a bunch of white boys, we slow as molasses

HorseFeathers

Cuz, having seen both....This game like probably 90% of games...will be won or lost in the trenches. Hector is kinda a light version of Mt Ida in the run game, but can pass the ball... Defensively though the Lions could wear Hector out..I seen an aggressive D-Line that spent a lot of time in the backfield when I seen them play Mineral Springs...I know nothing of the J.C game...but I can tell you they didn't see anything like what I'm expecting Friday during the conference season...

cuz

Calpreps
Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 11, 2018, 06:02:04 pm
Don't say we have speed! We are a north team full of a bunch of white boys, we slow as molasses
I saw some pretty good speed....
neutral field
[2018] Mount Ida (AR) 35, [2018] Hector (AR) 14

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2018, 06:05:16 pm
Calpreps I saw some pretty good speed....
neutral field
[2018] Mount Ida (AR) 35, [2018] Hector (AR) 14
I believe we do have more speed than Ida, our lines are gonna definitely have to be more physical though!

bleacherbum78

Ida will walk the dog this friday

HorseFeathers

Oline wins or loses this game for Hector....just my 2 cents...

godgiven999

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 05:39:05 pm
Foreman is the real deal when healthy they are the only ones that had more total yards in a game than Mt Ida. When they are healthy they can flat go.
Fake news!  Gurdon shut Ida's Offense down and out gained them. Carry on!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas