• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GCT Boys Job Open

Started by Potbelly, June 07, 2016, 03:28:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potbelly

Brian Martin has officially resigned as the head boys coach at GCT.  Looks like they are on the search again for a replacement.  What's the word around NEA?

pridgehog

I think they should reach out to Lee Wimberley at Manila because he is the best coach in the area...

NWA Hawg

What does GCT have coming back or up for that matter?

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: fann07 on June 07, 2016, 04:39:32 pm
What does GCT have coming back or up for that matter?

IIRC, they were fairly young and inexperienced last year. I don't know about specific players but from what I remember they were mostly Jr's & Soph's

Moonshiner

Why's he leaving after only one year?

ricepig

Quote from: Moonshiner on June 08, 2016, 04:19:19 pm
Why's he leaving after only one year?

Assistant at Bentonville West, better pay, better area to live.

Moonshiner

Quote from: ricepig on June 08, 2016, 04:35:22 pm
Assistant at Bentonville West, better pay, better area to live.

Makes sense

Head Lion

Quote from: pridgehog on June 07, 2016, 04:18:30 pm
I think they should reach out to Lee Wimberley at Manila because he is the best coach in the area...
Coach Wimberley is in year 2 out of a 10 year deal. Buyout is $250,000.

Brian G

20Baseball

They did have assistant coach position open apps closed for it about a week ago

Bigtimebasketballfan

Has anybody seen the new coach yet or know if tech has played in any team camps with him coaching them? Just wondered how he looked and what kind of fit it was if he has had the chance to start putting in his system

Oldref

Bay played them yesterday at valley view . Think bay won by 10.

Eagle20

Guiot is a good coach!  Very successful at Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, MO.  Took teams to the elite eight in Division 2.  He has a son that is pretty salty also.

bscinar

Quote from: pridgehog on June 07, 2016, 04:18:30 pm
ummm best coach in the area??? Ever heard the name Brad Brannen?? Smh...

hsindian

Quote from: bscinar on June 13, 2016, 02:28:13 am
ummm best coach in the area??? Ever heard the name Brad Brannen?? Smh...
I agree on wimberley. I think brannen is good but wimberley is a little better in my opinion.

Head Lion

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 03:28:54 pm
You should know a good one when you see one........
Ricepig, in what life did I pee you off? Always negative on me & Manila. I always Jboro their credit.

ricepig

Quote from: Head Lion on June 13, 2016, 04:12:38 pm
Ricepig, in what life did I pee you off? Always negative on me & Manila. I always Jboro their credit.

None, but it seems like you think it's ok for you to throw others under the bus, but ignore your own situation. I think all schools recruit, usually through their good play and accomplishments. Just take it as a compliment and move on.

Head Lion

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 04:28:55 pm
None, but it seems like you think it's ok for you to throw others under the bus, but ignore your own situation. I think all schools recruit, usually through their good play and accomplishments. Just take it as a compliment and move on.
ok, I just wondered. Best of luck to Hurricane.

ricepig

Quote from: Head Lion on June 13, 2016, 04:34:09 pm
ok, I just wondered. Best of luck to Hurricane.

Well, not an alum, and will just have a freshman on the golf team, but I enjoy high school sports and know a couple of the coaches well and enjoy their success.

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on June 13, 2016, 02:01:26 pm
Brannen is a lot better recruiter.
[/quote

There you go again HL acting again like it doesnt happen at Manila. You never pass up a chance to say something about bay and others recruiting . I still say no one has had more move in players lately than Manila . So far it hasn't helped yall much.

pioneers

June 13, 2016, 06:57:26 pm #20 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:59:25 pm by pioneers
Quote from: Oldref on June 13, 2016, 05:15:52 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on June 13, 2016, 02:01:26 pm
Brannen is a lot better recruiter.
[/quote

There you go again HL acting again like it doesnt happen at Manila. You never pass up a chance to say something about bay and others recruiting . I still say no one has had more move in players lately than Manila . So far it hasn't helped yall much.

We have more move in players because of the steel mill and new job opportunities coming to Mississippi county. If you got a job at big river steel in Osceola which town would you rather live in Osceola, Blytheville, gosnell, armorel or Manila? I mean it's common sense if you ask me.

And why did the new 6'4 post move to bay from nettleton?

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on June 13, 2016, 06:57:26 pm
We have more move in players because of the steel mill and new job opportunities coming to Mississippi county. If you got a job at big river steel in Osceola which town would you rather live in Osceola, Blytheville, gosnell, armorel or Manila? I mean it's common sense if you ask me.

And why did the new 6'4 post move to bay from nettleton?

I'd move to Jonesboro, and he probably moved for playing time.

Oldref

I am just tired of HL acting like Manila is the poster child for all things good and always taking a swipe at other schools that have kids move in. It happens all over free country and people move. I could care less what happens at Manila. Seems like HL has a bad case of Bay envy to me. Kid from nettleton moved to hopefully find a place he could contribute and get minutes. Nettleton is loaded most talent I have seen this summer.

Basketballfan13

HL does not envy bay...if so they would do something crazy like hire a principal with an athletic kid at manila...or something like that...

Oldref

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 13, 2016, 08:19:45 pm
HL does not envy bay...if so they would do something crazy like hire a principal with an athletic kid at manila...or something like that...

My point exactly she will
Instantly be their best player. If that happens at bay he calls it recruiting. At Manila it is just because of the steel mill😄

pioneers

Quote from: Oldref on June 13, 2016, 08:42:26 pm
Instantly be their best player. If that happens at bay he calls it recruiting. At Manila it is just because of the steel mill😄
Nice try but she won't be at Manila.

Head Lion

Coach Brannen & Childers do a great job at Bay. Their players play very hard & smart basketball. They have earned all their success they have had. With all due respect though, they are a 2A school playing in 1A because of the 1A schools who play FB. Their great program "attracts" a very high percentage of move ins compared to larger schools. A lot the same way Armorel does in baseball. Why would a kid want to play at a higher level when they can go to lower level and have much more success. Kids used to like competition for playing time & competing at the highest levels, not so anymore. This is a compliment to the Yellowjackets, not so much for kids in general these days. JMO

Oldref

June 14, 2016, 06:14:25 am #27 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:04:50 am by Oldref
HL bay plays where the AAA put them and if you check their schedule they are not afraid to play anyone.  Top schools in class A, AA and AAA most years are almost no difference. I promise you Bay would do fine in your conference and would win it some years. Don't go acting like Manila plays such a tough schedule. Heard they added CRA this year.. To quote you on one of your posts about someone never passing up a chance to bash the lions I am calling you out about your attempts to say Bay recruits every time you can. Bay is no different than Manila and a hundred other schools that have move ins . You just so dang in love with Manila to see the reality many of the rest of us see. Best thing Manila has going sports wise (so far) is coach Wimberly and some good young players plus some move ins.Better hope he stays. I suggest you quit whining so much about what happens other places.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Lay off of head lion. Geez. Nothing wrong with a little school pride. But in the case of recruiting/move ins...everyone at least everyone of relevance is doing it. Jonesboro roster is littered with move ins. Malvern made 4a state finals because of one move in (Andre jones). Half of Earle's team is from Marion. BIC gets the Cobb kid. Guy-Perkins gets Ballard from Greenbrier. And the list could go on and on. I am a supporter of nobody. Just an old guy that loves good high school basketball. Bay gets a black eye for the Watson deal a couple of years ago it seems like when they just did what has been going on for forever.

Bigtimebasketballfan

And with that being said, this topic is about the GCT new head coach. So has anyone had the chance to meet the guy, talk to him? Has he addressed the team yet?

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on June 13, 2016, 08:42:26 pm
I guess the steel mill brought Mark Manchester to be the new hi school principal. We are glad to have Mark back in Lion country.

tmycjy

U could get the coach at brookland

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 04:28:55 pm
I think all schools recruit

Yes they do. I do all of the recruiting for Alma. I go to players houses, call them....if their momma is pretty... call her.

Like to hand out cartons of smokes to new recruits too....usually gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside as they know they have finally been accepted.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas