• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day 4 Scores

Started by CTEPirateFan, March 02, 2018, 11:35:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BB4Life

Any update on JC girls game?

thabeast428

Melbourne girls won but idk score

CTEPirateFan

BOYS
Perryville 17
Barton 7
4:26 till half

dawgs

25-18 Perryville at half

Ru96gg

Ladies:

Melbourne 66
Junction City 39

Final

CTEPirateFan

Perryville leads 32-31 after 3rd

Ru96gg

Boys:

Perryville 43
Barton 46
1:10 left

Ru96gg

Boys:

Perryville 48
Barton 48

Time out.  Perryville's ball
:22.4 sec left

Ru96gg

48 all
1.5 sec
Barton's ball on Perryville end

Ru96gg

Paperman

No offense but DC might be the sorriest state tournament venue I've ever seen! And the people were not nice!

CTEPirateFan

Anyone at the game know what the scuffle was about?

C.P. FAN

HorseFeathers

47-47....is it really 4 overtimes like I seen on Twitter?

teachers pet

It says end of 4 overtime. They left out a comma.

Ru96gg

March 02, 2018, 10:58:41 pm #115 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:07:10 pm by Ru96gg
Boys:

Perryville 56
Barton 66

Final Overtime

Crazy ending. Barton player makes a gesture toward student section from Perryville and was removed from game.  He had family in area some said it was to them.  Others said it was toward student section.  I didn’t see it happen. Barton fan gets upset. Man steps in to stop it and gets pushed into police it seemed and is taken down by police and taken out.  When a crowd gathers it’s hard to say who did what

athletic supporter

RedWolf275

Quote from: Paperman on March 02, 2018, 10:38:56 pm
No offense but DC might be the sorriest state tournament venue I've ever seen! And the people were not nice!

+1

TheHeadBallCoach

March 03, 2018, 08:02:47 am #118 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:00:27 am by TheHeadBallCoach
Quote from: Paperman on March 02, 2018, 10:38:56 pm

Why you lying? That environment has been absolutely insane during tight games. And the staff working the game have been more than helpful.

Jimbo Morphis

The only problem I have with it is the size of the gym and parking. That is on the AAA. The people I have talked to have been very friendly and are doing a great job. I've said for years it should be in central Ark. at a large facility but that might cost the AAA a few dollars.

ea cat

AAA isn't going to spend money when they can basically force a school to turn over all profits from a tournament to host. AAA is about making money not spending it. They do carry insurance on the kids. So I guess they do spend some.

Fatbackhawgballz

State tournaments should be played at a school from a different classification. Plain and simple. Refs should be graded and earn the right to be calling these games. These teams have to earn the right to be here, so should the refs.

luxora4life

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on March 03, 2018, 11:49:55 am
. Refs should be graded and earn the right to be calling these games. These teams have to earn the right to be here, so should the refs.

+1000

RedWolf275

Best ref I saw down there was a female and she was calling a boys game!

TheHeadBallCoach

RedWolf, I know who you're talking about and I completely agree. Best in the state, imo.

RTF

State tournaments should be played at a school from a different classification. Plain and simple. Refs should be graded and earn the right to be calling these games. These teams have to earn the right to be here, so should the refs.

I agree on the different classification, but you would think you would need an incentive for a school to agree to host teams that they have nothing to do with. Also, the grading of the Ref thing. That would hard to do and make it fair I would think. It would be a lot of opinion because some people like Refs that "let them play" some like more strict foul calling.

RedWolf275

Quote from: TheHeadBallCoach on March 03, 2018, 12:01:40 pm
RedWolf, I know who you're talking about and I completely agree. Best in the state, imo.

She not only called the game well but was also very correct in her positioning. She would also talk to the coaches instead of shrugging them off or telling them to sit down!

Fatbackhawgballz

Every single game wouldn't have to be graded. At most jobs you get a performance grade. You never know when it's going to happen. So you try to be your best all the time. As far as an incentive to host state for another classification. The business it brings to your town should be more than enough. Towns that have top basketball teams or are able to host these tournaments. They  get a lot more support from local businesses when the need for money comes up.

ISU7

The class 1 A state tournament was held at 5A Morrilton

Fatbackhawgballz

I saw that and I heard a lot of people commenting on how much they liked it.

HookNose

Sad to say I was the one who flipped perryville off lol. The racist comments I wasn't going to take.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas