• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys Top 10

Started by wait4it, November 30, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wait4it

Anyone want to take a stab at a TOP 10 on the BOYS side?

bigboygottaeat

look for gentry to be a sleeper this yr

Klaw30

wait4it

1. Mills
2. Blytheville
3. Harrison
4. Magnolia
5. EStem
6. Pottsville
7. PA
8. Robinson
9. Morrilton
10. Huntsville

I may be wrong by some accounts but here is an early look.                       

bigboygottaeat

November 30, 2018, 11:26:09 am #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:30:10 am by bigboygottaeat
Quote from: wait4it on November 30, 2018, 11:24:05 am
1. Mills
2. Blytheville
3. Harrison
4. Magnolia
5. EStem
6. Pottsville
7. PA
8. Robinson
9. Morrilton
10. Huntsville

I may be wrong by some accounts but here is an early look.                     

out of curiouisity, what do you see in huntsville?

wait4it

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 30, 2018, 11:26:09 am

out of curiouisity, what do you see in huntsville?
Just an early ranking....they are 4-1

NEA Razorback olfan

November 30, 2018, 12:24:53 pm #6 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:57:21 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Not sure on some of the teams I haven't seen play , but I will give it a shot.

1. LR  Mills
2 Estem
3 Westside
3 Bytheville
4 Harrison
5 Magnolla
6 Pottsville
7 PA
8 Morrilton
9 Robinson
10 Stuttgart

wait4it

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 30, 2018, 12:24:53 pm
Not sure on some of the teams I haven't seen play , but I will give it a shot.
1 Jonesboro Westside
2 LR Mills
3 Bytheville
4 Harrison
5 Magnolla
6 Pottsville
7 PA
8 Morrilton
9 Robinson
10 Brookland
i see that eStem is not in your top 10.  Westside and Brookland that good?

NEA Razorback olfan

Well , I'm not real sure,
Westside 3-1 was State runner-up last year and brings back their core
Just lost to 7a Bryant last night 57-74
Brookland is 3-1 with wins over Riverview, Manila, and a loss to Baptist Prep 52-66

Will update my list as we get more into season
Thanks for making the boys top 10 wait4it

Gray lizard

Looks like Pottsville will play Harrison and Morriliton this season so that should help.  Pottsville looks like a team to contend this year.  They are 8 deep with 6"2" to 6'6" players (max prep says on 6'8" but I did not see him anywhere).  They have 4 or 5 that can shoot the 3 very well and can all score inside. Looking forward to a good year.

Hawk4L

Huntsville ahead of PR & Shiloh ??

RamblinRazorWreck

1 LR Mills
2 eSTEM
3 Westside
4 Bytheville
5 Harrison
6 Pea Ridge
7 Pottsville
8 Brookland
9 PA
10 Stuttgart

godeep

1 Mills
2 Westside
3 Harrison
4 Forrest City
5 Blytheville
6 ESTEM
7 Brookland
8 PA
9 Sttugart
10 Magnolia.

wait4it

Quote from: godeep on December 04, 2018, 10:15:53 pm
1 Mills
2 Westside
3 Harrison
4 Forrest City
5 Blytheville
6 ESTEM
7 Brookland
8 PA
9 Sttugart
10 Magnolia.
I see Magnolia has cracked your top 10.  They posted an impressive defensive performance against Benton last night.
1 Mills
2 Westside
3 Harrison
4 Forrest City
5  ESTEM
6 Brookland
7 PA
8 Blytheville
9 Magnolia
10 Monticello

J12

Quote from: wait4it on December 05, 2018, 12:28:55 pm
I see Magnolia has cracked your top 10.  They posted an impressive defensive performance against Benton last night.
1 Mills
2 Westside
3 Harrison
4 Forrest City
5  ESTEM
6 Brookland
7 PA
8 Blytheville
9 Magnolia
10 Monticello

Watched Blytheville play last night, they'd beat 4-7 easily. Brookland would and will get mercy ruled. They are legit. Play D and 2 really good shooters.  They beat Jonesboro in a charity games earlier this year by about 10.  They can go.

Charlie1001

Why do I keep seeing Brookland in some people's top ten?  Did they return everyone from the team last year that benefited from having the state tourney at their house?   ....oh wait.

J12

Nah. I heard Coach Gross is benching 250 now. Got his kids pretty fired up for the new season.

Charlie1001

Quote from: J12 on December 05, 2018, 04:52:53 pm
Nah. I heard Coach Gross is benching 250 now. Got his kids pretty fired up for the new season.

Oh.  Now I understand.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 05, 2018, 04:52:53 pm

I never asked Coach how much he could bench, thanks for the information though...all I know is the Brookland Boys work hard every time they hit the floor, most of the time are outsized and have to play defense as a solid unit. They are unselfish and distribute the ball well to the open player, They take charges , Dive on the floor for loose balls, and hustle on every play.
So I agree, they probably don't belong in the top 10

biglion1985

I heard Westside beat blytheville is there any truth to it

Camajam1

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 05, 2018, 08:59:00 pm
I heard Westside beat blytheville is there any truth to it
Westside won 61-48

Charlie1001

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 05, 2018, 06:45:54 pm
I never asked Coach how much he could bench, thanks for the information though...all I know is the Brookland Boys work hard every time they hit the floor, most of the time are outsized and have to play defense as a solid unit. They are unselfish and distribute the ball well to the open player, They take charges , Dive on the floor for loose balls, and hustle on every play.

Sounds like a fun team to watch.  Maybe they'll hang around long enough for more people to see this year.  Do they have everything back from last year?

wait4it

December 06, 2018, 09:04:53 am #22 Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:20:32 am by wait4it
Lots of opinions for a young season.  I cant wait till there are more games behind and the Christmas tournament season.

PS I dont see any teams from 4A-7 in the top 10.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Charlie1001 on December 05, 2018, 09:30:32 pm

Sounds like a fun team to watch.  Maybe they'll hang around long enough for more people to see this year.  Do they have everything back from last year?
[/quote

Yes sir, they were young last year , started  2 freshman.
We did get a lefty guard move in this year.

Hawk4L

Battle at The Ridge tournament starts today at 4
Joe T Robinson vs Bearden
Estem vs Neosho
Pea Ridge vs Mcdonald County
Berryville vs Providence Academy

wait4it

Quote from: Hawk4L on December 06, 2018, 09:43:13 am
Battle at The Ridge tournament starts today at 4
Joe T Robinson vs Bearden
Estem vs Neosho
Pea Ridge vs Mcdonald County
Berryville vs Providence Academy
Where is this tournament?

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 05, 2018, 06:45:54 pm

You forgot to mention the cheap fouls, dirty plays, and mercy rules.  But continue.

Hawk4L

Quote from: wait4it on December 06, 2018, 10:14:24 am
Where is this tournament?
Pea Ridge. "Battle at the Ridge" it's an annual tourn. 3rd year for it

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 06, 2018, 02:32:18 pm
You forgot to mention the cheap fouls, dirty plays, and mercy rules.  But continue.

Nope your on a roll , keep going I'm listening

RamblinRazorWreck

December 06, 2018, 07:54:36 pm #29 Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:59:34 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Mills is getting revenge on LR Central tonight.  In control from early in the 1st.

64-44 Final

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 06, 2018, 06:12:15 pm
Nope your on a roll , keep going I'm listening

You're*

It's all good.

Do you think Westside will stay undefeated in their new gym on Monday?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 06, 2018, 08:37:24 pm
You're*

It's all good.

Do you think Westside will stay undefeated in their new gym on Monday?

I think Westside has a great team, they may go undefeated the rest of the season, who knows?
I have no ill will toward Westside.
I just like to watch good games. 

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: J12 on December 06, 2018, 02:32:18 pm

I've been a football and basketball fan in NEA for a long time and I don't think Westside is known for keeping things classy 😂

wait4it

Any changes in your TOP 10?

godeep

1 Mills
2 Westside
3 Harrison
4 Forrest City
5 Blytheville
6 ESTEM
7 Brookland
8 McClellan
9 Magnolia
10 Anybody.

wait4it

December 13, 2018, 08:48:19 am #35 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:53:51 am by wait4it
1 Mills--slow start but picking up steam
2 Westside--looking impressive, could make a run
3 Harrison--would like to see them against Mills or Westside
4 Forrest City--could contend if they stay healthy
5 ESTEM--hard to judge.  playing well right now.
6 Blytheville--couple of close games and losses
7 Brookland--they may scare some folks, watch out
8 McClellan--in tough conference with eStem and Mills
9 Magnolia--starting 2 freshmen, good defense
10 Monticello--may challenge in regional tournament and state.

J12

I'm a Westside homer through and through but this is Mills' to lose. Hope I'm wrong.

Blytheville is well coached, super athletic, and a couple guys who can really shoot. They will make noise.

As far as the other regions, I just don't see it, or haven't over the last few years. There will be a couple of teams who will come out of regular season with great records, but no competition played.

scrapdig

Quote from: wait4it on December 13, 2018, 08:48:19 am
1 Mills--slow start but picking up steam
2 Westside--looking impressive, could make a run
3 Harrison--would like to see them against Mills or Westside
4 Forrest City--could contend if they stay healthy
5 ESTEM--hard to judge.  playing well right now.
6 Blytheville--couple of close games and losses
7 Brookland--they may scare some folks, watch out
8 McClellan--in tough conference with eStem and Mills
9 Magnolia--starting 2 freshmen, good defense
10 Monticello--may challenge in regional tournament and state.
Which two freshman?  I thought 3 might.  Ford and Garland?

wait4it

i think they started 3 in beginning.  have two starting and one off the bench....

godeep

Mills at Forrest City tonight. Over/Under 140.

wait4it

Quote from: godeep on December 14, 2018, 09:41:21 am
Mills at Forrest City tonight. Over/Under 140.
over...i would almost say over 160

Bbal789

Quote from: wait4it on December 14, 2018, 10:31:48 am
over...i would almost say over 160

Any big names out of forrest city this year?

godeep

Mills 68
Forrest City 63

What a battle.  I want to see 2 better teams in 4A.  Westside with their shooting ability will compete with anyone. 

Bbal789

1. Mills
2. Jonesboro Westside
3. Forrest City
4. McClellan
5. ESTEM
6. Blytheville
7. Pulaski Academy
8. Pottsville
9. Harrison
10. Pea Ridge

Thats what I see right now

ESTEM
Robinson
Pea Ridge
Pottsville
Blytheville
Harrison

Informant

Quote from: J12 on December 13, 2018, 09:37:32 am
I'm a Westside homer through and through but this is Mills' to lose. Hope I'm wrong.

Blytheville is well coached, super athletic, and a couple guys who can really shoot. They will make noise.

As far as the other regions, I just don't see it, or haven't over the last few years. There will be a couple of teams who will come out of regular season with great records, but no competition played.

You're correct about it being Mills to lose.  They are by far the favorite.  Forrest City, eStem, Stuttgart are all very, very solid squads.  I wouldn't be shocked at all to see 4 teams from that side make the state tournament.  This includes there 4 seed beating Westside. 

I couldn't disagree more about Blytheville being well coached.  They are athletic sure and have some streaky shooters but they will be outcoached against the likes of Brookland, Westisde, Highland from their own conference.  They are most definitely not better than any of the top four on the other side. 

I'm not seeing Brookland being a top 10 team.  They lack consistent shooters from outside.  Zero size on the inside.  Their defense will keep them in several games.  I'd expect them to be bounced in first round of regionals by 10+. 

I keep seeing folks post about Harrison?  I know nothing about them.  What makes them special?

Also, Pea Ridge returns a couple folks.  Been very successful over the last few years.

whsbballfan

I'm obviously not from Blytheville as you can tell from my name, and I'm not here to necessarily defend them but what makes you think they are not any better than the top four out of the other side.  They do have wins against Jonesboro and Conway and I'm pretty sure those two teams would compete nicely in that conference.

J12

Quote from: whsbballfan on December 17, 2018, 11:06:22 am
I'm obviously not from Blytheville as you can tell from my name, and I'm not here to necessarily defend them but what makes you think they are not any better than the top four out of the other side.  They do have wins against Jonesboro and Conway and I'm pretty sure those two teams would compete nicely in that conference.

Puzzling to hear the negative reaction against Blytheville as well.. I watched the whole 4A State Tournament last year and they could have made a deep run through it.

Blytheville is a top 5 team in 4A with quality non conference wins (Jonesboro & Springdale). As far as their coach, I haven't seen him much, but the couple of times I have, his players play hard and execute for the most part. At the HS level, you aren't going to ask much more from a team.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 17, 2018, 02:34:17 pm
Puzzling to hear the negative reaction against Blytheville as well.. I watched the whole 4A State Tournament last year and they could have made a deep run through it.

Blytheville is a top 5 team in 4A with quality non conference wins (Jonesboro & Springdale). As far as their coach, I haven't seen him much, but the couple of times I have, his players play hard and execute for the most part. At the HS level, you aren't going to ask much more from a team.

I agree , Blytheville should make a deep run in State!!

godeep

What is Westside's best win?  Toughest game? 

J12

Quote from: godeep on December 17, 2018, 08:14:09 pm
What is Westside's best win?  Toughest game?

To this point - they've beaten Springdale Harber, ICC, & Blytheville.
Only loss was to Bryant.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas