• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Friday & Thursday Score Thread

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2016, 10:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

proud_dad

Forrest City-57
Hot Springs-57
4th :38 to go!!!

proud_dad

Forrest City-57
Hot Springs-57
Going to overtime!!!!

PA Dad

Keep those updates coming!

Sounds like a great game .

proud_dad

Forrest City-70
Hot Springs-69
Final!!!

MrManne35

We tried to tell you all them FC boys was scrappy. heck of a game

PA Dad

Congrats to FC!  The team did the talking on the floor. Enough said.

Corey870

Now who said HS was gone beat FC... Where all y'all at now I don't hear YOU

MUSTANGS WE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! BIG BLUE

PA Dad

No need to brag.   Let the team play on the floor speak for itself.

Spa_City_Sportsman

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 09:30:40 pm
Now who said HS was gone beat FC... Where all y'all at now I don't hear YOU

MUSTANGS WE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! BIG BLUE
The ref that called the tech for hanging on the rim should be in the championship. Caused a 4 point swing. He made the game about him so he should suit up.

Corey870

Quote from: PA Dad on March 05, 2016, 09:38:32 pm
No need to brag.   Let the team play on the floor speak for itself.
We did that last night by sending PA home so u shouldn't have nothing to say

PA Dad

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 09:44:32 pm
We did that last night by sending PA home so u shouldn't have nothing to say

Yes, and I congratulated FC on the victory.  You miss my point.  Great teams don't need to brag.  Their play speaks for itself. 

Ponca

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 05, 2016, 11:53:17 am
This all started because woopork said he was sick at what he saw. And yes he should b sick of seeing how those ref just blatantly mad bad call against FC. Yes we won great job stangs ;D ;D ;D ;D. What makes you hater  ;D ;D will also make you  :'( :'(. Karma is a *****

I think woopork was referencing that Korita was missing against FC and hit everything against Harrison.

Corey870

Quote from: PA Dad on March 05, 2016, 09:52:02 pm
Yes, and I congratulated FC on the victory.  You miss my point.  Great teams don't need to brag.  Their play speaks for itself.
😂😂😂😂😂 how's the popcorn

Ponca

Glasper vs Williams in the final is going to be fun to watch.

PA Dad

I guess I should apologize .  I concede that FC has the greatest BB team in the history of BB in Arkansas.  I'm sorry I haven't recognized that before now.  My apologies.

Corey870

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 01:43:34 pm
First of all Hot Springs is going to beat FC tonight. I watched PA and FC play last night and FC was lucky to come out with the win. Lawson Korita, although he took a lot of shots, was unstoppable last night and I honestly feel bad for the guy because I feel as though he dominated the game. Had he not gotten tired I can safely say we would be seeing Hot Springs play PA tonight. People said this and that about how good FC is but I wasnt impressed. They won't be able to play with Hot Springs. Yes I am a Hot Springs alumni, played 2 years ago and lost to Harrison, but Hot Springs is clearly the better team, which for one is why they are the #1 ranked team in 5A. I am certain Hot Springs will win it all, and if there was any team going to beat them it would have been Lawson Korita and PA. Now that being said, I wish the best of luck to all the teams, as I know how it feels to be knocked out, especially as a Senior. I still look back to that game against Harrison from time to time. FC plays fast but so does HS. The difference here is that HS has height over FC, also are more athletic, have defense just as good and have better scorers. Hot Springs by 10+ tonight. Go Trojans!
What happen to your you know hot springs was gone beat FC and they was better

jblackmon014

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 10:09:32 pm
What happen to your you know hot springs was gone beat FC and they was better

Man get out of here... The ref won y'all the game. Had Kajuan let go of the rim he would have seriously hurt himself. Hot Springs was the better team. They played down to their competition and got beat by 1 know OT. Which really the refs have won y'all the last 2 games. They don't call charge on Korita the game would have been tied. They don't call Kajuan on the hang HS wins... Simple

woopork

For the record, I am a Goblin currently.. I was sick that us four teams were so close and we all could have made the finals. I hated the way our season ended. Can't wait to watch Maumelle and FC. Good luck to both teams.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 10:56:57 pm
Man get out of here... The ref won y'all the game. Had Kajuan let go of the rim he would have seriously hurt himself. Hot Springs was the better team. They played down to their competition and got beat by 1 know OT. Which really the refs have won y'all the last 2 games. They don't call charge on Korita the game would have been tied. They don't call Kajuan on the hang HS wins... Simple

So how can you say for sure Hot Springs wins if he doesn't get called for hanging on the rim? Even if he doesn't get called for the tech, it's FC ball and a tie game.

Corey870

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 10:56:57 pm
Save the excuses HS got pit out in their home town in front of their home fans and I know they salty take the lost and try again next season, but let u tell it HS was gone win it all u knew that for sure at least that's what I thought KMSL😂😂😂

MrManne35

March 06, 2016, 12:41:57 am #170 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:46:05 am by MrManne35
Man this dude is to funny. I don't know what game you were watching but the only way Kajuan would've gotten hurt is if he fell on his own man because they were the only ones down there. How about quit showboating in a tight game and the refs wouldn't have to call it. If Hot Springs played down to their competition then that's their fault. How about FC played up to their competition and pulled out the win. I really don't know why we even talking about Korita. He got every foul call and one charge cost them the game. Yeah ok only you believe that. Anyway we will see you in the championship and better luck next year.

jblackmon014

First of all I know HS would have won bc that was a 4 point turn around. The game ended up in OT. Take those 2 free throws away and HS wins by 2. Now he obviously wasn't show boating he hung on the rim for all of 2 seconds and let go. The craziest thing is that if the exact same thing happened to your team you would agree with what I'm saying. It's whatever y'all won but I know the refs have y'all the last 2 games. And talking about they were the only ones down there that's definitely not true. Video proof shows there were bout 5 other people below him.

Corey870

You sound crazy saying HS played down to their competition well if that so then that's shows how well they are coached and for u to say HS would of still won if they wouldn't have got that tech is dead wrong I don't know what game you were at but the one I was at that dunk only tied the game so unfortunately u wrong cause it still would have been FC ball and gave RJ a chance to hit the last shot HS couldn't stop him at the end of the game

MrManne35

First of all Hot Springs was showboating from tip off because they thought they were going to just come in and run FC out the gym. Exavian was talking and getting in players faces after every basket he made. I really don't see how the refs gave us the last 2 games when we get more foul calls against us than any team in the tournament but I sure would like to see this video because I was at the game and he could've landed easily, so hanging on the rim for even one second was unnecessary. I could say the same because if it was our player that got the tech you would say quit complaining and just take your loss.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 06, 2016, 08:54:41 am
First of all I know HS would have won bc that was a 4 point turn around. The game ended up in OT. Take those 2 free throws away and HS wins by 2. Now he obviously wasn't show boating he hung on the rim for all of 2 seconds and let go. The craziest thing is that if the exact same thing happened to your team you would agree with what I'm saying. It's whatever y'all won but I know the refs have y'all the last 2 games. And talking about they were the only ones down there that's definitely not true. Video proof shows there were bout 5 other people below him.

You can't say "Take those free throws away and we win by two." If you take FC free throws away, it's a tie game and FC is attacking to try and score instead of holding the ball waiting to get fouled. It would have been a totally different philosophy.

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Even with the tech, Hot Springs still had its chances to tie the game and couldn't hit the big shot. If you think Hot Springs was so much better than FC then they shouldn't have been in the close game position in the first place. If they were "so much better" then they should've won by 10+ like you predicted. Fact was these were the 2 best teams in 5A all year long and both came out focused and ready to play. It was one of the better games of the year as many were predicting.

lyckedesplit1

Jblackmon014 what conference r u from

lyckedesplit1

Earlthesnake thanks for being a voice of reason  ;D ;D ;D. Can we all just agree it was a great game.

D1_Scout

People... people it's only a game....I've been here all week taking lots of notes on my scouts and I can say this ,because I'm not from here, your refs or jokes. Never seen anything like it. I really hope there is better officiating during the championships. Now... HS should have won but didn't. Did the tech cost them?? Yes but No. Turnovers and free throws is why HS lost. Is HS the better team? Yes...FC played there butts off, give them their respect, they won 2 games that really they shouldn't have won.l, but they did and they deserve their respect..and I giving it to them. HS has no reason to hold there heads down,they have proven a lot this season..the tournament in Texas was a classic to remember. ..still think there one of the better teams in this state. Now I didn't catch his name but #1 from FC is a ball player probably the best Guard who is consistent in the 5a other than #3 Williams. P.s... I wasn't scouting anyone from any of these teams... but very good game.

Corey870

Quote from: D1_Scout on March 06, 2016, 10:46:59 am
People... people it's only a game....I've been here all week taking lots of notes on my scouts and I can say this ,because I'm not from here, your refs or jokes. Never seen anything like it. I really hope there is better officiating during the championships. Now... HS should have won but didn't. Did the tech cost them?? Yes but No. Turnovers and free throws is why HS lost. Is HS the better team? Yes...FC played there butts off, give them their respect, they won 2 games that really they shouldn't have won.l, but they did and they deserve their respect..and I giving it to them. HS has no reason to hold there heads down,they have proven a lot this season..the tournament in Texas was a classic to remember. ..still think there one of the better teams in this state. Now I didn't catch his name but #1 from FC is a ball player probably the best Guard who is consistent in the 5a other than #3 Williams. P.s... I wasn't scouting anyone from any of these teams... but very good game.
#1 for Forrest City is RJ. Glasper... Great player

lyckedesplit1

D1_Scout Im not saying your wrong our anything. I just want to know why you say HTS and PA was the better team and was suppose to win. We had a lot of missed free throw that could have put us up a lot more. Thats in both game. Your a D1 Scout I'm just a fan explain to me more please.

Corey870

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 06, 2016, 11:35:21 am
D1_Scout Im not saying your wrong our anything. I just want to know why you say HTS and PA was the better team and was suppose to win. We had a lot of missed free throw that could have put us up a lot more. Thats in both game. Your a D1 Scout I'm just a fan explain to me more please.
I was kind of questioning that too cause we me some free throws last night that should've but us in front by double digits plus hs shot better than us from the free throw line.... I don't think he's a ligit scout if he is its for eacc

RedWolves

GREAT Game.
About the officiating: I agree some calls were missed, but overall it was a well called game.
The Tech absolutely had to be called. The player was 3 or 4 steps ahead of anyone, and the only safety concern was because he deliberately swung his feet up. This was completely unnecessary and a selfish play quite honestly. FC won because of several factors, including this, but mostly because they got deflections and forced turnovers. HS may win that one 7 out of 10, but FC earned it last night.

lyckedesplit1

WELL SAID REDWOLVES. I agree on the calls and they went both ways. Like you and i said GREAT GAME ALL AROUND

D1_Scout

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 06, 2016, 11:35:21 am
Sorry so late to get back. I wasn't saying PA is better than FC..lol..FC is the better team.. .but in my opinion which really doesn't matter, thought PA should have won that game. The reason why I said HS is a better team is because ,talent wise they just are ,not going to post stats ,nor tell you who I think is D1 material. Not trying to start anything and I don't want to argue over the Internet..but obviously you were there..so you should get a hint....  Redwolves said it best tho 7outof10 HS would win, but last nite wasn't there's to win....congratulations on the victory....enjoy..and corey870..plz don't question what I do, I've been doing this 20+ years..and I wasn't scouting the players I was scouting some coaches for some universities. ...thankyou..have a nice day.

lyckedesplit1

;D ;D OK just asking lol thanks. No problem.

jblackmon014

Look man. Not that it matters but do I have to post the video for y'all to see that there were people below him? I watched the video multiple times. Now that being said the game went to OT which after the tech was called swung the game by 4 points. FC got 2 free throws and the ball back. Take away the 2 free points and HS wins by 2. FC plays very hard and that's why they win. HS wasn't focused and turned the ball over 22 TIMES!!! Even with 22 turnovers they lost by 1 in OT! That should tell you something. IJS

Corey870

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 06, 2016, 03:45:25 pm
Look man. Not that it matters but do I have to post the video for y'all to see that there were people below him? I watched the video multiple times. Now that being said the game went to OT which after the tech was called swung the game by 4 points. FC got 2 free throws and the ball back. Take away the 2 free points and HS wins by 2. FC plays very hard and that's why they win. HS wasn't focused and turned the ball over 22 TIMES!!! Even with 22 turnovers they lost by 1 in OT! That should tell you something. IJS
Can't take nothing away from hot springs they are a great team and prollt played Forrest city the best out of all teams have this year, but that tech was the right call it wasn't anybody around him when he intentionally swung around the rim and that's when his own players ran down there so u can't blame the refs for calling that, it was not a questionable call it was clearly un called for and show boating which was one of the reason FC end up winning the game. Not to mention even tho if the refs had not called that tech it still only tied the game up and FC was gone get the ball... Hs played a great game and so did FC but FC was just the better team that night and wanted it more

lyckedesplit1

Thats whats up Corey870 you are oh so right. Im going to look at it just to see for myself because i didn't see it.

sportsguy80

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas