• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demozette Rankings 2016-01-31

Started by Ponca, January 31, 2016, 10:57:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponca

BOYS

• Hot Springs 19-3
  • Forrest City 14-3
  • Pulaski Academy 12-3
  • Little Rock Fair 16-4
  • Paragould 15-2
  • Mills 15-6

GIRLS

• Batesville 17-1
  • Watson Chapel 16-3
  • Nettleton 18-2
  • Hot Springs 17-2
  • Greene County Tech 13-8
  • Beebe 17-4

Chief_Osceola™

WPWells

Demozette rankings have gotten increasingly worse as the season has progressed

godeep

mijally

Didn't Mills just get beat by 23 to PA last week?  Seems to me the rankings are a week behind the schedule.

hogfan7

Quote from: mijally on February 01, 2016, 08:20:11 am
Didn't Mills just get beat by 23 to PA last week?  Seems to me the rankings are a week behind the schedule.
Little Rock Mills will demolish both Forrest City and Paragould  Yes, these rankings are a joke.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: godeep on February 01, 2016, 07:32:43 am
Where is the problem?

Maumelle beat PA by 15; PA handled both Fair and Mills pretty convincingly.  Maumelle is currently 14-3.  I have no problem with Hot Springs, Forrest City, PA, and Paragould being ranked.  But to leave out Maumelle is silly.  They had one rough stretch where they lost to Morrilton and LRC, who are both going to be playoff teams.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 01, 2016, 11:08:31 am
Where is the problem?

Maumelle beat PA by 15; PA handled both Fair and Mills pretty convincingly.  Maumelle is currently 14-3.  I have no problem with Hot Springs, Forrest City, PA, and Paragould being ranked.  But to leave out Maumelle is silly.  They had one rough stretch where they lost to Morrilton and LRC, who are both going to be playoff teams.
Don't worry because at this rate we will get to see these teams match up at state. I can't wait either.

Go Postal

February 02, 2016, 07:42:02 am #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:44:03 am by Go Postal
Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 01, 2016, 12:32:09 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 01, 2016, 11:08:31 am
Where is the problem?

Don't worry because at this rate we will get to see these teams match up at state. I can't wait either.
I hear you guys.  Harrison is currently 14-6 (4-2).  Their only loses were to 7A North Little Rock, 5A Hot Springs, Ozark MO, 6A El Dorado, 5A West conference LRCA and Maumelle.  But did beat Morrilton who beat Maumelle and LRCA.  Not bad for a Junior/Sophomore loaded Goblin team.  Crazy world ain't it?

Titan Spirit

I believe it is west v central in the first round

sportsguy80

Quote from: Titan Spirit on February 02, 2016, 01:12:16 pm
I believe it is west v central in the first round
If so should be very interesting. Do they switch which conferences play in the first round every year?

Corey870

Everybody questioning why is Forrest City ranked so high, well let me explain they done won their games against some good competition, made it to the championship game in the rumble of the ridge and won the championship in the pine bluff tournament. There 15-3 overall and 8-0 in the 5a east, them 3 losses where to Jacksonville in which Forrest City didn't have 3 starters and their sixth man do to football and still only lost by 2 another loss came to Eldorado which is a very good team and the other loss came to ceder ridge in which the refs cheated the whole game its un heard of for one player to shoot 40 some free throws in one game, but since that last lost ain't not one team came close to beating Forrest City their starters don't even play in the second half

TheOfficial

Quote from: Corey870 on February 06, 2016, 04:28:23 pm
Everybody questioning why is Forrest City ranked so high, well let me explain they done won their games against some good competition, made it to the championship game in the rumble of the ridge and won the championship in the pine bluff tournament. There 15-3 overall and 8-0 in the 5a east, them 3 losses where to Jacksonville in which Forrest City didn't have 3 starters and their sixth man do to football and still only lost by 2 another loss came to Eldorado which is a very good team and the other loss came to ceder ridge in which the refs cheated the whole game its un heard of for one player to shoot 40 some free throws in one game, but since that last lost ain't not one team came close to beating Forrest City their starters don't even play in the second half

Don't be a moron

Corey870

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 07, 2016, 08:38:34 am
Quote from: Corey870 on February 06, 2016, 04:28:23 pmEvidently u mad cause ur team ain't ranked as high as number 7 in the state or number 2 in 5a but I understand

Don't be a moron

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Reaves was the best player on the floor vs FC , had 73pts .
Shoot 40 free throws because they couldn't guard him without fouling.
Mystery solved!!

Grond

Forrest City deserves their ranking, for the moment.  :-\

FC has an excellent defense: they will run Man, then trap you at an opportunity, with the other 3 players doing a tremendous job of court coverage. They have also shot well from the outside, and have passed well.

But when it comes to the State Play-offs, my concern for FC (and the 5A East) is HEIGHT. When Forrest City won state, it seemed every school in the 5A East had at least a couple of 6'-4"+ guys. But the 5A East just doesn't have that many Big Boys this year.

Forrest City may not win it all, but whoever beats them will have to WORK.  ;)

Corey870

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 07, 2016, 12:57:58 pm
Mystery solved!!
You Sound dumb 40 plus free throws is un heard of they cheated the whole game with the fouls u just don't call that many in one game and if u feel like they couldn't gaurd him well I feel like they couldn't gaurd RJ Glasper he had 59 without shooting all them free throws now he's a pure basketball player and one of the top 4 or 5 players in the state

MDXPHD

Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 09:01:20 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 07, 2016, 12:57:58 pm
Mystery solved!!
You Sound dumb 40 plus free throws is un heard of they cheated the whole game with the fouls u just don't call that many in one game and if u feel like they couldn't gaurd him well I feel like they couldn't gaurd RJ Glasper he had 59 without shooting all them free throws now he's a pure basketball player and one of the top 4 or 5 players in the state

Who won that game between CR and FC? FC is good, but people would respect them a lot more if you didn't get on here and make irrational statements.

hogfan7

I would respect Forrest city alot more if they had class.  Running the score up on people, classless.  Not having a national anthem played before the game, classless.  Not having consistent people keeping up with the score, the clock- classless.  People dread going to Forrest city to play because it is a hole.

WPWells

Quote from: hogfan7 on February 08, 2016, 12:17:58 pm
I would respect Forrest city alot more if they had class.  Running the score up on people, classless.  Not having a national anthem played before the game, classless.  Not having consistent people keeping up with the score, the clock- classless.  People dread going to Forrest city to play because it is a hole.

Not sure what these have to do with class as much as just a poorly organized game experience

Corey870

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 08, 2016, 02:17:35 pm
Quote from: hogfan7 on February 08, 2016, 12:17:58 pm

Not sure what these have to do with class as much as just a poorly organized game experience
😂😂😂 y'all hate to see Forrest City on top if u can't beat us then join us we got room for bandwagon

MikeDiesel™

I will say that I was extremely impressed with Forrest City.  Not having the height they've had in the past may hurt them in state.  But, this is a VERY good team.  There's not a lot of weakness.

I haven't seen Hot Springs or any of the other teams outside the East, so I can't compare at all.  But, FC is definitely the best over here.

Corey870

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 08, 2016, 02:52:23 pm
I will say that I was extremely impressed with Forrest City.  Not having the height they've had in the past may hurt them in state.  But, this is a VERY good team.  There's not a lot of weakness.

I haven't seen Hot Springs or any of the other teams outside the East, so I can't compare at all.  But, FC is definitely the best over here.
I have seen hot spring play they have a pretty good starting 5 but the bench is not that good at all, but I'm from Forrest City and I watch them play hot springs last year and it was a pretty good match up think we lost by 1 maybe 2.... This yr Forrest City are much better have a lot of talent from the starting five to the bench players coach can go 9 to 10 deep any game, they just can hurt u in so many ways u not gone find to many weakness if any out side of them not having a true big man.... I'm not saying this just cause I'm from fc but they are the real deal

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 03:53:45 pm

I have seen hot spring play they have a pretty good starting 5 but the bench is not that good at all, but I'm from Forrest City and I watch them play hot springs last year and it was a pretty good match up think we lost by 1 maybe 2.... This yr Forrest City are much better have a lot of talent from the starting five to the bench players coach can go 9 to 10 deep any game, they just can hurt u in so many ways u not gone find to many weakness if any out side of them not having a true big man.... I'm not saying this just cause I'm from fc but they are the real deal

How many teams from the West have you seen?

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 08, 2016, 04:38:54 pm

OK I Have A Question For You, Who Out The West Is Good Better Yet Who Out The West Is In The Top 10 In The State Awl ok

WPWells

Do you know how capitalization works?

Corey870

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 08, 2016, 05:01:30 pm
Do you know how capitalization works?
AI Didn't Think So😂😂😂.... So I Expect So Like That To Come From A Idiot

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 04:58:53 pm

OK I Have A Question For You, Who Out The West Is Good Better Yet Who Out The West Is In The Top 10 In The State Awl ok

According to Maxpreps, Maumelle is. Now answer my question. Pretty sure I already know the answer...

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 08, 2016, 05:53:13 pm
Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 04:58:53 pm

According to Maxpreps, Maumelle is. Now answer my question. Pretty sure I already know the answer...
well accordingly to Arkansas gazette their not why would u go by maxpreps when the gazette do Arkansas rankings huh now u answer that😂😂😂 matter fact tell me who is your team cause I'm quite sure they ain't know where to be found in the ranking and be realistic

Chief_Osceola™

You still haven't answered my question. How many teams from the West have you seen play this year?

Chief_Osceola™

February 08, 2016, 09:18:25 pm #31 Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:20:58 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Oh and to answer your other question while I'm waiting, the DemGaz rankings are a joke. I've explained why earlier in this thread. Also we only have one senior playing college basketball next year. Shawn Williams signed with East Carolina (D1 in case you didn't know), and he's a top-150 player in the country. Our other senior contributor is going to play football at Arkansas next year.

So you may want to get out of your FC bubble before commenting about something you have zero knowledge about. Sorry to rain on your parade, but FC, while probably very good, isn't the be-all end-all for 5A basketball.

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 08, 2016, 09:18:25 pm
Oh and to answer your other question while I'm waiting, the DemGaz rankings are a joke. I've explained why earlier in this thread. Also we only have one senior playing college basketball next year. Shawn Williams signed with East Carolina (D1 in case you didn't know), and he's a top-150 player in the country. Our other senior contributor is going to play football at Arkansas next year.

So you may want to get out of your FC bubble before commenting about something you have zero knowledge about. Sorry to rain on your parade, but FC, while probably very good, isn't the be-all end-all for 5A basketball.
Now to bust your bubble Forrest has the number 2 guard in the state that's has scholarship offered from a lot of school he just waiting it out do your research... We have a player that is currently on Arkansas basketball team that is Trey Thompson we have two that's on Arkansas football team Tevin Beanum who is the starting defensive end and davyon McKinney who is a comer back now u speak on what u Kno oh did I bust that bubble😂😂😂

pioneers

Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 10:21:45 pm

Now to bust your bubble Forrest has the number 2 guard in the state that's has scholarship offered from a lot of school he just waiting it out do your research... We have a player that is currently on Arkansas basketball team that is Trey Thompson we have two that's on Arkansas football team Tevin Beanum who is the starting defensive end and davyon McKinney who is a comer back now u speak on what u Kno oh did I bust that bubble😂😂😂
It's weird I just looked on 247 sports and the top 6 recruits in Arkansas consist of 4 guards and none of them are from Forrest city? If Forrest city can't contain a 1 man 3a team they won't be able to hang with the top tier 5a teams. The 5a west is down tremendously this year. As far as the democrat rankings go the guy hasn't watched every team in the state play he solely goes off of teams records.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on February 08, 2016, 10:21:45 pm

Um, I never said anything about FC, other than they're probably a really good team. I'm not sure why you're being so defensive. You asked a few questions and I answered them. Yet you still haven't answered my question.

Coachbanks12

Fc will not beat Hot Springs please don't mistake this team for last years team Hot Springs got better also

Elvis Hoggoblin

Well Chief.....according to these experts on here I guess that it is a waste of time for our West teams to even venture down to Hot spring next month.  We will see I guess.

Ponca

Not to mention that Mike Anderson has already offered frosh LR Christian PG Justice Hill a scholarship to play for the Razorbacks

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/07/freshman-pg-hill-offered-hogs/

mijally

They need to go ahead and offer Bennett too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas