• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Harrison Golden Goblins

Started by Go Postal, August 02, 2018, 07:23:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

August 02, 2018, 07:23:45 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:14:03 pm by Go Postal
2018 5A WEST CONFERENCE

Hello everyone once again this year.  I hope that everyone had a great Spring and Summer.  I personally watched a lot of very talented young men and women when Harrison hosted the 5A State Soccer playoffs.  Congratulations to Hot Springs Lakeside boys and Little Rock Christian Academy girls on their State Championships.  Though I don't follow Baseball that much, I did watch some of the Omahogs.  I even watched the USA Men's and Women's Rugby teams (a very strange sport, I had to get hold of some Aussie Goblin fans to explain the game to me) and watching the USWNT getting ready for the World Cup next year.  But Spring and Summer is almost past and Autumn is on the rise which means that High School Football, more importantly 5A West Football is about to start.  Last year was very interesting on whom would get to go to the playoffs due to all the teams that had a tie in conference standings and what the seeding would be on the teams that did go.  This year starts a new cycle where in Football, Maumelle moves to Central and Huntsville moves up to the 5A West.  (Side note:  Some of the 5A West teams will move to the 4A in all other sports, for instance - Harrison, Morrilton and others.)

Welcome back to all the old 5A posters and a special welcome to all the new posters.  Let's get this started and feel free to discuss about your team and what they could do this season.

Go Postal

August 05, 2018, 02:35:29 pm #1 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:15:06 pm by Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins

<stats from Maxpreps>
Coach Joel Wells starts his 4th year as Harrison's Head Football coach.  His record for the Goblins has been one of the best records that the school has had in a long time and is as follows:
2017   J. Wells   8-4-0   
2016   J. Wells   8-3-0   
2015   J. Wells   4-6-0
He and his staff has turned this football team around, after a slow first season start, with his style of training and knowledge that has brought the Goblins to the playoffs in the last two seasons.

The Goblins come into 2018 with a preseason roster of 67 players which consists of 15 Seniors, 32 Juniors and 20 Sophomores.  Some people have stated that the Goblins have had some good Junior High players move up, which according to the records, the 2018 Juniors were undefeated in their Freshman year and the 2018 Sophomores lost only one game in their Freshman year.
The Goblins have two QBs, one a Junior and the other a Sophomore.  The Junior QB may not be as big as our former QB was, but I did see him play last year and IMO that he has a better passing arm and jet like speed like his RB Huskey.  There are 8 RBs listed and that should give the coaching staff a variety of plays that can be called in at a moments notice.  One thing that I have notice of Coach Wells playing style is that he does substitute his offense and defense lines in and out quite a bit.  Preseason roster shows that there are 22 Line personnel available with 6 players under 200 lbs, 12 players in the 200-300 lbs range and 4 over 300 lbs.  (one player is listed as 6-9, 355 lbs :o ).
I very anxious to see what the Coach, his staff and these players bring to the field this year, especially in this very competitive conference that we call the 5A West.  Their first conference game in Week 4 is against the Devil Dogs at Morrilton, who is favored at spot #2 in most preseason top 10 polls.  This should be a very good rule of thumb to see what the Goblins can do and what they need to do better for the rest of the season.

2018 Goblin Schedule
8-17 vs Berryville Bobcats (preseason scrimmage)
8-24 vs Pea Ridge Blackhawks
8-31 vs Mtn Home Bombers (Rivalry game)
9-7   @ Siloam Springs Panthers
9-21 @ Morrilton Devil Dogs
9-28 vs Clarksville Panthers
10-5 vs Vilonia Eagles
10-12 @ Greenbrier Panthers
10-19 @ Alma Airedales
10-26 vs Huntsville Eagles
11-2   @ Farmington Cardinals

x14113

Quote from: Go Postal on August 05, 2018, 02:35:29 pm
Some people have stated that the Goblins have had some good Junior High players move up, which according to the records, the 2018 Juniors were undefeated in their Freshman year and the 2018 Sophomores lost only one game in their Freshman year.

And the 2018 seniors only lost twice as freshmen..!  ;D

Go Postal

August 15, 2018, 01:16:12 pm #3 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:51:25 pm by Go Postal
GobTV just put this video out for Harrison High School.  Goblins sports are about to start for the 2018-2019 season.  GO GOBS!

https://youtu.be/AU22uVB3nRc

beach bum

The terrible news of Morrilton's QB being out means the Goblins will hoist the 5A West crown at the end of the regular season....

Go Postal

August 17, 2018, 09:56:52 pm #5 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:04:32 am by Go Postal
I went to the scrimmage between the Goblins and Bobcats which consisted of each team did 12 plays on offense and then defense with their 1st squad.

Harrison special teams did their FGs.  Those were 20 yd complete, 30 yd from the right hash complete, 40 yd from the middle incomplete, then 40 yds from the middle complete.

Then each team did 12 plays of offense and then defense with their 2nd squad.

Harrison cheerleaders did a half time show.

Then Harrison special teams did their punts.  Those were for 35 yds, 30 yds, 35 yds, 35 yds and 30 yds.

Both teams then did 12 plays of offense and then defense with a mix of their 1st & 2nd squads.

Here is a short summary of game play, I didn't get all the names of the receivers and RBs.  This is a unofficial view of the game.
1st squads start from their 30 yd line.
Berryville does first set of 12 offensive plays, Harrison's defense holds them scoreless.
Harrison goes next.  Junior RB Huskey up the middle for a 70 yd TD run.  PAT good.
Junior QB Johnson has a incomplete pass.
QB Johnson rushes for 10 yds.
QB pass incomplete.
Johnson pass for 9 yds.
Johnson pitch to Huskey for 51 yd TD run.  PAT good.
QB Johnson 46 yd pass.
QB pass incomplete.
Johnson 24 yd TD pass.  PAT good.

2nd squads start on their own 30 yd line.
Berryville goes first, Harrison holds them scoreless.
Harrison with Sophomore QB goes next, Berryville holds them scoreless.

Half time break, see info above.

Mixed squads start on their own 30 yd line.
Berryville goes first, Harrison holds them scoreless.
Harrison goes next,  GOBS get offsides.  Loss of -5 yds.
GOBS with 7 yd run.
QB Pass complete with -2 yd loss.
Junior QB Johnson 21 yd pass complete.
GOBS with 14 yd run.
Sophmore QB Keylon incomplete pass.
QB Keylon 35 yd TD pass.  PAT good.
Goblins do another 6 plays to end game.

The Goblins offense looked pretty good for a first of the season scrimmage but there is some rushing miscues, incomplete passes and dropped long passes that need to be addressed.  The defense looked pretty good rushing to the ball on both sides of the scrimmage line for a group effort tackle but they are capable of doing even better.  Pass defense was decent but could be tweaked some more.  Could have the Goblins have beaten the Devil Dogs if Criswell was healthy and this was the first game?  It would have been close but Harrison still needs a very little bit more experience before they take on the some of the other 5A West teams and pull a win every game.  I think though that it is possible for this team to gel in a very positive aspect with what they are doing and just get better each game.
Coach Wells said in the today's paper that the team was almost the same team we had last year but faster and working on being even faster.  They have the Pea Ridge Blackhawks (I think they made it to the 4A Semifinals last year) next Friday here at home and we will see better in a full game on what we need to improve on. 

RzrbackDad

Vilonia's Stockton Mallett will (assistant) coach against Harrison.  Am sure ol' Calvin will try to be at the game. 

Elvis Hoggoblin

GOBLIN GAMES ON RADIO 96.1
RADIO LIVE STREAMED ON KCWD WEBSITE AND AP, AS WELL AS, HARRISONGOBLINS.COM & MASCOT MEDIA GOBLIN AP.  PREGAME STARTS AT 6:15

Bergman1820

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on August 22, 2018, 10:44:19 pm
GOBLIN GAMES ON RADIO 96.1
RADIO LIVE STREAMED ON KCWD WEBSITE AND AP, AS WELL AS, HARRISONGOBLINS.COM & MASCOT MEDIA GOBLIN AP.  PREGAME STARTS AT 6:15

That's great that they are streaming online now. I can put away that old radio I had with the broken antenna now.

STBruin

Quote from: beach bum on August 15, 2018, 09:15:55 pm
The terrible news of Morrilton's QB being out means the Goblins will hoist the 5A West crown at the end of the regular season....

The Injury bug can bite at anytime...and I figured you as a Harrison Fan would know that...

Greyhands

Quote from: STBruin on August 23, 2018, 10:52:37 am
The Injury bug can bite at anytime...and I figured you as a Harrison Fan would know that...

Yes we learned that the hard way last year before we played you guys.

We should learn alot more about the team this week when we play Pea Ridge. I think we will be pretty good this year but you never know until you strap them up and play the games.

Go Postal

The Blackhawks look pretty good in a lot of their stats.  The Goblins should not overlook them by thinking that they are a just a 4A team.  I believe they went 12-2 last year and lost in the semis.  They, like Harrison, tied for 1st place in their conference last year.  Though they lost to graduation a lot of their offense, their defense is still there.  Here is what Hootens posted:

PEA RIDGE (3) at Harrison: This is the first meeting of these teams. Harrison drilled 67 players in fall camp and the Goblin freshman team has gone 27-3 the past three seasons. Harrison junior all-state running back Gabe Huskey ran for 1,862 yards and 27 TDs a year ago. Pea Ridge won 25 games over the past two seasons, and nine starters return on a defense that gave up a TD or less four times in 2017.

WTD

Quote from: Go Postal on August 23, 2018, 12:38:48 pm
The Blackhawks look pretty good in a lot of their stats.  The Goblins should not overlook them by thinking that they are a just a 4A team.  I believe they went 12-2 last year and lost in the semis.  They, like Harrison, tied for 1st place in their conference last year.  Though they lost to graduation a lot of their offense, their defense is still there.  Here is what Hootens posted:

PEA RIDGE (3) at Harrison: This is the first meeting of these teams. Harrison drilled 67 players in fall camp and the Goblin freshman team has gone 27-3 the past three seasons. Harrison junior all-state running back Gabe Huskey ran for 1,862 yards and 27 TDs a year ago. Pea Ridge won 25 games over the past two seasons, and nine starters return on a defense that gave up a TD or less four times in 2017.

Pea Ridge looks to have lost A LOT offensively. The score of the scrimmage game with Siloam was 3-0 Siloam. Gabe Husky may be one of the top running backs in the state. Think Harrison wins by 3 scores.

Go Postal

Live streams of tonight's game:

Blackhawks video streams
http://www.esenetworks.com/live-events.aspx?id=51330

GobTV
https://youtu.be/49H2xuQRDX8

Live audio stream
https://www.kcwdradio.com/

http://harrisongoblins.com/broadcasts

Also on MASCOT MEDIA smart phone app
Arkansas>Harrison Goblins

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 38
Pea Ridge Blackhawks 0

Half

Go Postal

Lumberjackfan1978

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 45
Pea Ridge Blackhawks 14

Final

Take that Hootens!

Huskey probably probably got his over 100 yards per game tonight.  He definitely would have if they didn't call back his 75 yard punt return TD because of a block in the back penalty on Harrison.

Rocket23

Did Harrison look that good, or is Pea Ridge a little down?  Impressive score.

Chief_Osceola™

August 24, 2018, 10:56:24 pm #19 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:58:17 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Rocket23 on August 24, 2018, 10:49:11 pm
Did Harrison look that good, or is Pea Ridge a little down?  Impressive score.

My guess is a little of both. Huskey is a really good RB, and Pea Ridge lost its 3 biggest offensive weapons to graduation last year.

BTW, Postal - is Harrison's kicker really named Max Payne? If so, awesome.

Greyhands

Our defense looked nasty
Our offense looked good not great but hey it's the first game and usually defense is ahead of the offense the first game.

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 24, 2018, 10:56:24 pm
My guess is a little of both. Huskey is a really good RB, and Pea Ridge lost its 3 biggest offensive weapons to graduation last year.

BTW, Postal - is Harrison's kicker really named Max Payne? If so, awesome.
Yes, it is.  I heard other people in the stands saying the same thing.

I saw in the paper that we have 4 kickers.

Go Postal

If anyone didn't see or listen to the Harrison/Pea Ridge game, here is a copy/paste from the local paper of what happened.  They didn't mention Huskey's 75 yard punt return TD because it was called back due to a Block in the Back penalty on Harrison.

Harrison has no mercy on PR

The new faster paced Harrison offense had nothing on the Harrison defense.

A balanced offensive attack led Harrison to an easy win over Pea Ridge Friday night in the season opener for both teams. Harrison defeated Pea Ridge, 45-14.

The Goblins ran and passed for 331 yards in the first half. The Goblins held Pea Ridge to 3 yards in the quarter. The Blackhawks had a 6-yard run play to finish the half and to place them into positive yardage.

The Goblins held Pea Ridge to -3 yards in the first quarter.

Harrison's defense also had a stellar first half. Bryant Ulrich had an fumble recovery and an interception. Hunter Holtby also had a first quarter pick.

Scoring 14 points in the first quarter, the Goblins kicked off to start the game.

It didn't take long to get the football back as Pea Ridge fumbled on the first play. Ulrich recovered the ball on the Blackhawk 14.

Gabe Huskey got his first touch of the season with an 11-yard run. He followed that up with a 3-yard touchdown run to give the Goblins the advantage. Harrison's first score of the season came just 44 seconds into the game.

It took Harrison 2:24 to score on its second possession.

Brooks Both took the ball 10 yards to cap a 73-yard drive that took the Goblins nine plays to complete.

After the Goblins spurted on the third drive, Harrison's defense stepped up again. Holtby picked off the pass to give the Goblins the ball at the Pea Ridge 20.

Harrison started in the Wild Gob set with Huskey picking up 2-yards. The Goblins used seven plays to garner only 11 yards.

Max Payne stepped on the field and completed a 26-yard field goal to move Harrison ahead, 17-0. The score came in the opening minute of the second period.

In the fourth drive of the season, Goblin quarterback Ben Johnson found his groove. Johnson had a 12-yard pass to Huskey and 18-yard pass to Kaden Jones. The 12-play drive was capped with Huskey squeezing into the end zone from a yard out.

After Ulrich's interception, Harrison took over the ball at the Blackhawk 41.

Colin Ballard started the the drive with a 5-yard pick up. Johnson then hit Holtby for 8 yards and then had hit first passing touchdown of the season with a 26-yard strike to Rilee Jones.

Harrison was hoping to add to the scoreboard to close out the first half, but a fourth-and-6 created a punting situation.

The Goblins gave the ball back to Pea Ridge with a minute left. Two incomplete passes and then the 6-yard run gave Harrison a chance to get the ball back for one last series with 34.3 seconds left before intermission.

With the ball on the Blackhawks 38 yard line, the Goblins turned to the Hook and Ladder. Johnson passed the to Colton Shaver who then tossed the ball to Huskey.

Huskey was able to move the ball to the 32 of Pea Ridge.

After a Pea Ridge penalty, Harrison had the ball on the 26-yard line with a chance for one last play.

The Goblins went back to the play with Rilee Jones in the end zone. This time the ball was in the hands of the defensive player, but Rilee Jones took the ball away from him and scored with 2.2 seconds left.

Payne capped a perfect 5-of-5 on point after attempts in the first half.

Harrison led at halftime, 38-0.

With the large lead, the Goblins activated the Arkansas Good Sportsmanship Rule for the entire second half of play. This rule runs the clock the entire second half.

Pea Ridge was the first team to score in the second half. The Blackhawks struck on a 34-yard pass play.

However, the Goblins had one last scoring drive left with the first team.

Johnson started the drive with a 7-yard run. Huskey picked up 8 yards before Johnson hit Holtby for a 1-yard pick up.

Johnson then connected with Shaver for 20 yards and then to Huskey for 5 yards.

Huskey then waited patiently for a hole to open and then the junior ripped through the line to score from 29 yards out. Payne stayed perfect with the PAT.

Harrison will be back in action next Friday when the team hosts Mountain Home at F.S. Garrison Stadium.

Johnson finished the game with 13-of-21 passing for 187 yards and two touchdowns. Cole Keylon was 2-of-2 for 19 yards and one interception.

Huskey had five catches for 56 yards; Rilee Jones, two for 52 yards; Shaver, two for 50 yards; Kaden Jones, one for 18 yards; Julius Scott one for 14 yards; Holtby two for 9 yards; and Trey Richardson one for 5 yards.

Huskey had 22 carries for 120 yards and three touchdowns. Ballard had five carries for 32 yards; Richardson five carries, 29 yards; Holtby, four carries, 25 yards; Scott, four carries, 21 yards; Johnson five carries, 16 yards; Both three carries, 13 yards and a touchdown; Jordin Welsh two carries, 13 yards; Ulrich, one carry, four yards; and Keylon, two carries, 1 yard.

JessieP

I have no allegiance to Harrison. Harrison was a place you stopped to get gas or relieve yourself on the way to Branson from Batesville. Having said that I find myself pulling for them. Up until 3 years ago Batesville scrimmaged Harrison every year. About 7 years ago you started noticing the blowouts were diminishing. The last 2 were quite competitive. You always got the feeling Harrison was on a slow march to being an elite team. They were building a solid foundation. Every so often a school would have a class of gifted athletes and would spike, those rarely last. With Harrison it feels like they have built a tradition, it feels like the high ranking is justified. It you follow the trajectory of the program WMS can't be too far off.

Overdahill

They've had some great soccer and cross country for quite a while

Go Postal

Getting psyched for tonight when the Goblins take on the Bombers in their rivalry game!

https://youtu.be/9WzKNG6PMRM

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on August 27, 2018, 06:34:51 pm
Harrison has no mercy on PR

Hopefully the same can be said about Maumelle tonight.

beach bum

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 31, 2018, 02:02:32 pm
Hopefully the same can be said about Maumelle tonight.

If Maumelle plays clean you would think they would beat Pea Ridge somewhat comfortably.... Pea Ridge just graduated all their speed from the previous years which set them a cut above most of the 4A competition over that time. If I had to take a guess Pea Ridge is a playoff team in 4A, but would probably need a favorable match up to even get out of the 1st round this year in 4A.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2018, 03:18:01 pm

If Maumelle plays clean you would think they would beat Pea Ridge somewhat comfortably.... Pea Ridge just graduated all their speed from the previous years which set them a cut above most of the 4A competition over that time. If I had to take a guess Pea Ridge is a playoff team in 4A, but would probably need a favorable match up to even get out of the 1st round this year in 4A.

I got a chance to watch them play at Booneville in the playoffs last fall. That running back was dynamite. Glad we don't have to see him, that QB, and that receiver. Those 3 made that offense go.

Go Postal

Harrison Goblins 35
Mtn Home Bombers 0

Half.

Go Postal

Harrison Goblins 56
Mtn Home Bombers 7

9sec in game.  Mtn Home 1 yd TD run. Pat good.

Then Final.

Mtn Home had some big boys and ran with a full back and 2 half backs like we did in the 60s and 70s.  No matter the score, they never gave up and kept pushing down the field.  Turnovers hurt them bad which gave the momentum back to Harrison.  The Goblins were on fire tonight.  Their passing and rushing offense was much improved from a week ago.  The defense did a fantastic job of causing turnovers and stopping the much larger running backs.  PATs were 100%.  We did have some penalties that called some TDs and great yardage runs back though and that needs to be addressed but all in all a great showing by the Goblins tonight.  Unofficially, Huskey had 80+ yards in 11 carries but Johnson did have a 99 yard TD pass.  Around 560 total yards tonight.

Go Postal

September 01, 2018, 03:09:05 am #31 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:58:11 am by Go Postal
Update on Huskey's unofficial stats for this game: 219 yards 4 catches receiving 3 tds.
86 yds rushing 11 carries.

Recorded live stream
https://youtu.be/PqRhKfwsyv4

Around the 40 minute mark is the 99 yard TD.

Go Postal

Goblins make it look easy against MH

For the sixth year in a row, Harrison was victorious over Mountain Home.

This year, the Goblins won by their largest margin in this century. Harrison defeated Mountain Home, 56-7.

For the second week in a row, the mercy rule was activated after halftime. After pouncing on Pea Ridge, 38-0, in Week 0 action, the Goblins got on top of Mountain Home, 35-0, at intermission.

Harrison coach Joel Wells saw a lot of positives in the win.

"We played well," he started. "We improved offensively, especially up front. We did what we needed to do."

Wells was pleased with the progress of his new quarterback Ben Johnson.

"Ben had a really nice game," said the coach who also pointed to a couple of other players that excelled on the offensive end. "Gabe Huskey had over 200 yards of receptions and Colton Shaver caught two touchdown passes."

With the win, the Goblins move to 2-0 on the season. The Bombers drop to 0-2.

Harrison's defense is still controlling games. The Goblin defense is allowing 10.5 points a contest with 14 of the 21 points that the squad has allowed coming late in the game.

"Hayden Vanderpool really stood out at nose guard," said the coach. "Eric Arnold also played well for us."

The Goblins came out of the night injury free.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Go Postal on September 05, 2018, 11:28:55 am
Goblins make it look easy against MH

For the sixth year in a row, Harrison was victorious over Mountain Home.

This year, the Goblins won by their largest margin in this century. Harrison defeated Mountain Home, 56-7.

For the second week in a row, the mercy rule was activated after halftime. After pouncing on Pea Ridge, 38-0, in Week 0 action, the Goblins got on top of Mountain Home, 35-0, at intermission.Dont get too excited everybody beats MH!!

Harrison coach Joel Wells saw a lot of positives in the win.

"We played well," he started. "We improved offensively, especially up front. We did what we needed to do."

Wells was pleased with the progress of his new quarterback Ben Johnson.

"Ben had a really nice game," said the coach who also pointed to a couple of other players that excelled on the offensive end. "Gabe Huskey had over 200 yards of receptions and Colton Shaver caught two touchdown passes."

With the win, the Goblins move to 2-0 on the season. The Bombers drop to 0-2.

Harrison's defense is still controlling games. The Goblin defense is allowing 10.5 points a contest with 14 of the 21 points that the squad has allowed coming late in the game.

"Hayden Vanderpool really stood out at nose guard," said the coach. "Eric Arnold also played well for us."

The Goblins came out of the night injury free.

Go Postal

The Goblins travel West on Friday to take on their old rivals, 6A Siloam Springs Panthers.  This will be their 1st away game and we will see how they travel.  Then they will have their bye week to prepare for the trip to the Devil Dogs Den in week 4 for conference play.

Go Postal

September 07, 2018, 05:24:59 pm #35 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:29:57 pm by Go Postal
Highlights from last game.

https://youtu.be/e8Zdzx6v5kA

Harrison @ Siloam Springs
Live audio stream:

https://www.kcwdradio.com/

http://harrisongoblins.com/broadcasts

Also on MASCOT MEDIA smart phone app
Arkansas>Harrison Goblins

Live video streams:

GobTV

Siloam Springs High School Athletics

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 28
Siloam Springs Panthers 7

Half.

QB Johnson went 5 of 5 for 86 yds passing.
Huskey 136 yds rushing.
Johnson 8 yds rushing.
B. Both 2 yds rushing.
222 total offensive yds.

sssuperpantherfan2

Congratulations on the win for Harrison, they are very solid on offense and defense and should do well in 5A.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 42
Siloam Springs Panthers 7

Final

Unofficial stats:
Siloam Springs QB went 6 of 15 for 42 yds passing with 3 int.
SS RB Thrillkill(?) had 30 carries for 167 yds.
Panthers with 224 total offensive yards.

Harrison QB Johnson went 8 of 10 for 88 yds passing.
Receiving:  Huskey 62 yds, Lovell 13 yds, Shaver 6 yds, (didn't catch name) 7 yds.
Rushing yards we're 228 with Huskey 25 carries for 174, Johnson 9 carries for 33 yds, Both 2 carries for 7 yds, Ballard 1 carry for 4 yds, (didn't catch name) 10 yds.
Goblins with 316 total offensive yds.

Harrison defense stepped up once again to hold the other team to 7 points.
There was some mistakes in the 2nd half but the Goblins have a bye week to straighten any problems out before they start conference play at Morrilton.

Go Postal

Live recorded Audio only from Siloam Springs High School Athletics of last Friday's Goblins @ Panthers game.

https://youtu.be/RqvAkNEaUNo

Go Postal

This is from the local paper last week.

Harrison goes into open with 3-0 mark

For the third time in the last 11 seasons, the Harrison Goblins will be entering its fourth game of the season with a 3-0 mark.

Friday night the Goblins scored the last 42 points of the game to take a 42-7 win over Siloam Springs.

This marks the third straight win over the former conference rival.

The Goblins completed the game with 291 yards of total offense. The squad had 200 rushing and 91 yards passing.

Ben Johnson was 9-of-11 passing for 91 yards. Gabe Huskey had six receptions for 61 yards. Thailer Lovell had a catch for 14 yards, Bryant Ulrich one grab for 9 yards and Colton Shaver one catch, 7 yards.

Lovell and Shaver were also favorite targets of Siloam Springs. The Panthers had six receptions and four interceptions. Lovell had three of those and Shaver had one.

Huskey led the team in rushing. He had 162 yards on 23 carries. Johnson had 30 yards on nine attempts and Brooks Both had two carries for 6 yards.

Huskey had four rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown to lead Harrison. Both had the other Harrison score.

Max Payne completed all six point after attempts.

Harrison will be off on Friday night. The team will be in action again on Sept. 21 with a trip to 5A-West opponent Morrilton. It will be the first league game of the season.

Goblin coach Joel Wells is happy that his team is off to a 3-0 start, despite Siloam Springs scoring on the opening drive.

"We did not start well," he said. "But, we settled in and played after the first drive."

The coach saw improvement in an area where the team had been making adjustments.

"We saw improvement in our offensive line play," he said. "We made a few adjustments up there and it paid off."

Through three games, the Goblin defense is only giving up 9.33 points a contest. After giving up a short-field score on Siloam Springs' first drive of the game, the defense settled in again.

"The defense played hard," said Wells. "I think the running back from Siloam Springs is very good and they have a good offensive line. We needed to be challenged like that."

During the off week, the Goblins will be preparing to face the Devil Dogs on Sept. 21 and will be working on improving.

"We will work toward Morrilton," started the coach. "We will have more individual time to work on mistakes, but the majority of the time will be spent on Morrilton."

At the beginning of the season, Morrilton and Harrison were picked as the top two teams in the 5A-West race. The teams meet in the opening game of the league race.

"This game will be a great challenge for our team," said the coach. "We are excited to get the conference race started."

Go Postal

Just FYI for the local Goblins fans.  Wally World in Harrison has big blanket throws with the new Golden Goblins mascot face on it at the end of aisle H25. 8)

Go Postal

Here is write-up from the local paper.

Goblins soak Devil Dogs

MORRILTON — It was a command performance for the Harrison Golden Goblins.

Friday night in game that saw nearly 1.5 inches of rain fall during the duration of the contest, the Goblins defeated Morrilton, 21-9, in a 5A-West opener for both teams.

"It was a great effort," said Harrison coach Joel Wells. "We continued to get better on that side of the ball. We know that to win championships you have to play great defense."

During the rain, the Devil Dogs had to revert to throwing the football against the Goblins. Morrilton was 11-of-37 passing in the game.

"We did a great job of stopping the run, so they had no choice," said Wells when asked about the amount of passes that Morrilton threw. "They only had one first down at half."

The Devil Dogs had only netted 1 yard in the first half until the final seconds of the second period. After picking off a Goblin pass, Morrilton had a 1 yard run and then passed for 20 yards. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts at the end zone, the Devil Dogs settled for a 34-yard field goal to make it a 14-3 halftime score.

Leading Harrison's defensive charge was Brooks Both with 8.5 tackles. He had one tackle for a loss.

Champ Saylors had seven tackles; Hunter Holtby and Bryant Ulrich four each, Colton Shaver and Thailer Lovell 2.5 apiece; Eric Arnold and Hayden Vanderpool 1.5 each; Rilee Jones, Landen Stephens and Logan King one each; and Cole Keylon and Seabastian Diffey .5 apiece.

Shaver had one interception.

The game between the two schools was moved to a 6 p.m. start time in hopes of avoiding the weather. Lightning was detected in the area twice creating a 45 minute delay for the opening kick off. The game was delayed once again early in the second half as a Morrilton player suffered what is believed to be a broken leg.

Harrison had practiced for the weather, but it is hard to bridge practice to what transpired on the field.

"We have worked wet ball drills this year, but nothing really can simulate this game," said Wells. "We did struggle at times in the game hanging to the football, but were fortunate to get on the football."

Wells serves as the team's offensive coordinator and he didn't care for the situation.

"It is not much fun as a play caller, but I think the players liked it better than the heat we have had this year," he stated.

The Goblins had 290 yards of offense during the game with 85 of those coming on one run by Gabe Huskey.

"I knew going in that Morrilton had a great defense and with very poor field position most of the night would really limit us," said Wells. "We had to run the ball, and play great defense. That is what we did.

"It was a big win," he continued. "Anytime you go on the road and beat a quality opponent, it is a big win. We need to carry that forward."

Wells continued to praise his team.

"It is nice when your best players play really well in a big game," he said. "That happened for us at Morrilton."

Harrison will venture into F.S. Garrison Stadium on Friday night to face Clarksville. It is homecoming for the Goblins.

Huskey led the Goblins offense with 230 yards of rushing. He scored two touchdowns on 30 carries. Collin Ballard had 21 yards of rushing on six carries; Brooks Both, 3 yards, one carry; Hunter Holtby, 2 yards, one carry; and Ben Johnson, -15 yards on 12 carries.

Johnson scored Harrison's third touchdown in the third period. He was 4-of-12 passing for 49 yards.

Ballard had two catches for 30 yards and Colton Shaver had two catches for 19 yards.

Go Postal

September 28, 2018, 08:24:20 pm #44 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:26:53 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins. 42
Clarksville Panthers. 7

Half.

Unofficial stats:
Clarksville starting QB is not playing, 2nd QB went 0 of 2 passing.  They had 115 yards rushing.  PATs are 1 for 1.
Harrison Junior QB Johnson went 7 of 8 for 155 yds passing and 3 TDs.  Sophomore QB Keylon went 1 of 1 for 55 yds passing and 1 TD.  They had 159 total yds of rushing and 2 TDs.  PATs are 6 for 6.

Go Postal

September 28, 2018, 09:18:35 pm #45 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:29:32 am by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins. 42
Clarksville Panthers. 7

Final

Unofficial stats:
Clarksville had 204 yds total rushing and 1 TD.  Main QB didn't play due to injury.

Harrison QB Johnson, QB Keylon and RB Huskey threw 9 of 11 for 211 yds passing with 4 TDs.  GOBS had 209 yds rushing and 2 TDs.  Total offense was 420 yds.  Huskey only had 9 carries for 155 rushing yds and 2 TDs .

Yellowcake

Harrison and Texarkana are the teams that will give the central teams the real challenge in the playoffs.
Hope I get to see Huskey play this year.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 29, 2018, 12:10:33 am
Harrison and Texarkana are the teams that will give the central teams the real challenge in the playoffs.
Hope I get to see Huskey play this year.

I wouldn't discount McClellan and Morrilton if Criswell gets healthy.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 48
Vilonia Eagles 6
Half

Unofficial stats
Vilonia QB was 14 of 22 for 183 yds with 1 TD, 1 Interception.  They had -9 rushing yds.

Harrison two QBs were 8 of 13 for 196 yds passing.  They had 200 rushing yds to make it 396 total offensive yds in the 1st half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas