• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

42 Sports Poll

Started by godgiven999, October 16, 2018, 01:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

October 16, 2018, 01:08:32 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:12:44 pm by godgiven999
*42 Sports Super 16 Poll*
                        2A
#1) Foreman 7-0
#2) Hazen 7-0
#3) Junction City 4-2
#4) Mt. Ida 6-1
#5) Gurdon 6-1
#6) Conway Christian 5-2
#7) Earle 6-1
#8) Fordyce 5-2
#9) Salem 5-1
#10) Hampton 3-2
#11) Mountainburg 5-1
#12) EPC 6-1
#13) Quitman 5-2
#14) Des Arc 4-3
#15) Mineral Springs 5-2
#16) Magazine 3-2
        Friday
*#3) Junction City at #8) Fordyce
*#2) Hazen at #7) Earle

godgiven999

sickwillie

godgiven999

Partsman

Jawalpole

Don't think Quitman should be on there they will be lucky if they finish top 4 in their conference.

godgiven999

This is a current poll not a end-of-the-season projection poll
quote author=Jawalpole link=topic=157364.msg3633942#msg3633942 date=1539715857]
Don't think Quitman should be on there they will be lucky if they finish top 4 in their conference.
[/quote]

tigerblood

This poll aint worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on. However, I'll give you an A for effort.

GoodGuy

Junction and Fordyce should be higher and Quitman shouldn't be on there.

JHFootball37

Holy moly this pole has Mineral Springs underrated, Quitman highly overrated, and Gurdon way too overrated. Flashback to the CC vs Gurdon scrimmage. Gurdon didn't cross the 50 on offense and the only thing that kept the CC offense from scoring was themselves. Obviously this can change this week if Gurdon decides to upset Foreman but as of now Gurdon is overrated. And btw, Mineral beat England by 35 and Des Arc beat England by 14, so that's probably wrong too.

MT Legend

I don't see my school on here. How dare you 42 Sports for not having my poor whitle school ranked. Lol. This whole list is wrong y'all should have 1-6 MT number 14 cause they beat McCrory who beat DA so that makes MT better then DA.lol love this stuff.

godgiven999

Well if you consider throwing ints "themselves" then you would be right on that account. I just watched the highlights just to be sure. Gurdon passed the 50, Gurdon was winning at the LOS as well.
[ to the CC vs Gurdon scrimmage. Gurdon didn't cross the 50 on offense and the only thing that kept the CC offense from scoring was themselves author=JHFootball37 link=topic=157364.msg3633971#msg3633971 date=1539717603]
Holy moly this pole has Mineral Springs underrated, Quitman highly overrated, and Gurdon way too overrated. Flashback to the CC vs Gurdon scrimmage. Gurdon didn't cross the 50 on offense and the only thing that kept the CC offense from scoring was themselves. Obviously this can change this week if Gurdon decides to upset Foreman but as of now Gurdon is overrated. And btw, Mineral beat England by 35 and Des Arc beat England by 14, so that's probably wrong too.
[/quote]

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MT Legend on October 16, 2018, 02:37:04 pm
I don't see my school on here. How dare you 42 Sports for not having my poor whitle school ranked. Lol. This whole list is wrong y'all should have 1-6 MT number 14 cause they beat McCrory who beat DA so that makes MT better then DA.lol love this stuff.

Exactly.

Partsman

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 16, 2018, 02:20:03 pm
Foreman plays Mineral Springs this week. Next week Gurdon will get measured by Mt Ida, then we will know more about them.

godgiven999

I hope Gurdon gets the 2nd seed just so they meet up against Conway Christian.

Eslim03

The third seed from  the 7 will be in Conway Christian's quadrant of the bracket.

72aDaddy

Good poll. I would personally have Gurdon at 2.

Jawalpole

Quitman is currently 6th in their conference
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 16, 2018, 02:06:01 pm
This is a current poll not a end-of-the-season projection poll
quote author=Jawalpole link=topic=157364.msg3633942#msg3633942 date=1539715857]

Old Scrapper

Polls make men crazy! 😂

godgiven999

GatorBall

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 16, 2018, 03:55:00 pm
Good poll. I would personally have Gurdon at 2.

Surely you are joking!!!! And Mt Ida should at least be ahead of JC. They're getting knocked down way too far for just one loss. But that's what these polls are for I guess...to be disputed and encourage debate.

72aDaddy

Quote from: GatorBall on October 16, 2018, 04:25:01 pm
Surely you are joking!!!! And Mt Ida should at least be ahead of JC. They're getting knocked down way too far for just one loss. But that's what these polls are for I guess...to be disputed and encourage debate.
No joke. Gurdon hasn't lost to 2a competition since 2015 if I'm not mistaken. Until they do, who is to say they will. I give Foreman the benefit of the doubt as defending state champs, so I will keep them at 1....for now.

Maddog11

I will pick Earle to win it all. And yes they are way to low.. Way better than the six ahead of them. Yall will see

godgiven999

They lost to Bearden in 2016 in a real close game but since then Gurdon hasnt lost a game against 2a competition! 56-15 in the 2a since 2010. That's pretty good!
Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 16, 2018, 04:48:57 pm
No joke. Gurdon hasn't lost to 2a competition since 2015 if I'm not mistaken. Until they do, who is to say they will. I give Foreman the benefit of the doubt as defending state champs, so I will keep them at 1....for now.

JHFootball37

October 16, 2018, 05:49:03 pm #24 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:50:56 pm by JHFootball37
Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 16, 2018, 02:20:03 pm

You realize the second half of that scrimmage was both of the second strings going against eachother? As in it didn't really count? @godgiven999

godgiven999

October 16, 2018, 05:57:20 pm #25 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:45:02 pm by godgiven999
It's a scrimmage, none of it counted, and yes I realize that second string played, there are highlights of both squad, first half Conway Christian didnt move the ball at all and threw a interception down the right side line. Gurdon moved the ball well but fumbled twice to end drives. It was a evenly matched first half, but Gurdon was winning at the LOS all day on both sides of the ball.
Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 16, 2018, 05:49:03 pm
You realize the second half of that scrimmage was both of the second strings going against eachother? As in it didn't really count? @godgiven999

bearfan

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 16, 2018, 05:57:20 pm
It's a scrimmage, none of it counted, and yes I realize that second string played, their are highlights of both squad, first half Conway Christian didnt move the ball at all and threw a interception down the right side line. Gurdon moved the ball well but fumbled twice to end drives. It was a evenly matched first half, but Gurdon was winning at the LOS all day on both sides of the ball.
Gurdon didn't pass the 50 in the first half of the scrimmage bud

godgiven999

October 16, 2018, 06:39:45 pm #27 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:41:46 pm by godgiven999
Not true, Gurdon ran a bootleg around the left side down to the 44 yard line , close but they crossed the 50.  ;D
The point is they were competitive with a top 5 team. Also Gurdon is night and day better than a scrimmage in Aug.
I'm sure CC is as well. I hope they play!

Redzone

This poll looks decent. Although I would swap Gurdon and Salem, And move Mineral into the top 10.  You also have to really look over what 42 Sports posts. They post a lot of inaccurate stats on their Facebook page.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on October 16, 2018, 07:22:46 pm
This poll looks decent. Although I would swap Gurdon and Salem, And move Mineral into the top 10.  You also have to really look over what 42 Sports posts. They post a lot of inaccurate stats on their Facebook page.

Inaccurate stats? Like what?

Redzone

They make a lot of posts off of hear say. Then go back and change stuff days after they post it.

MT Legend

Yes im irate they are very inaccurate they don't have MT at number 14.after MT beat McCrory who beat DA. Those guys are terrible individuals.shame on them for driving all over this state spending their own gas money to record games.shame on them for trying to show these kids that dose not get seen. They should all be ashamed of themselves lol. Y'all crack me up.😅

Bulldogs2002

Quote from: Redzone on October 16, 2018, 07:22:46 pm

I most definitely agree with the inaccurate stats

Eslim03

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 16, 2018, 04:48:57 pm

When foreman gets done with Gurdon in week 10. You will leave foreman there at the one I promise and when Mount Ida gets you the week before the Gurdon talk will simmer down before week 10 even happens.

Redzone

Quote from: MT Legend on October 16, 2018, 08:14:15 pm
Yes im irate they are very inaccurate they don't have MT at number 14.after MT beat McCrory who beat DA. Those guys are terrible individuals.shame on them for driving all over this state spending their own gas money to record games.shame on them for trying to show these kids that dose not get seen. They should all be ashamed of themselves lol. Y'all crack me up.😅
Don't get in your feelings about it. No one said they don't appreciate what they're doing. Just that they should be a little more thorough before posting.

MT Legend

Quote from: Redzone on October 16, 2018, 08:33:53 pm
Don't get in your feelings about it. No one said they don't appreciate what they're doing. Just that they should be a little more thorough before posting.

not in my feelings I just think 1-6 MT should be ranked 14 on this list.we beat McCrory who beat DA. That's all I'm saying. They should have picked us over DA.that seems to be the common theme on these rankings this team beat that team that beat that team they should get that spot.lol

Paperman

Quote from: MT Legend on October 16, 2018, 08:41:57 pm
not in my feelings I just think 1-6 MT should be ranked 14 on this list.we beat McCrory who beat DA. That's all I'm saying. They should have picked us over DA.that seems to be the common theme on these rankings this team beat that team that beat that team they should get that spot.lol
o
An error was made in a tabulation of a players stats. The mistake was pointed out and corrected. It seems it takes integrity to admit when a mistake is made. Everyone makes mistakes now and then. I wish otherwise. But that is not the case.

MT Legend

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2018, 09:41:43 pm
o
An error was made in a tabulation of a players stats. The mistake was pointed out and corrected. It seems it takes integrity to admit when a mistake is made. Everyone makes mistakes now and then. I wish otherwise. But that is not the case.

thats absolutely correct.im a member of a prominent Denver Broncos website here in Denver they have the whole world of broncos fans following members only group.i could not tell you the countless times they make mistakes in there blogs and post. We the fans correct them and they fix it.thats part of the reason I love that particular group.because there not afraid to admit when they are wrong.to me that shows the human nature of being imperfect.

Wantobe

The top ten in this poll are accurate as far as team choices, but the order they are sorted could be changed. Just ask everyone  you see and you'll hear 50 different rankings. That's the glory of the game and this forum.

72aDaddy

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 16, 2018, 08:25:06 pm

When foreman gets done with Gurdon in week 10. You will leave foreman there at the one I promise and when Mount Ida gets you the week before the Gurdon talk will simmer down before week 10 even happens.
Maybe, Maybe not. We will definitely see. But all Gurdon has done is go 10-0 vs 2a competition the last 2+ years. Ida and foreman are good teams, no doubt. Gurdon is a pretty good team too and will go into both of those games ready to scrap...win or lose.

baseball13

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 06:52:04 am
Maybe, Maybe not. We will definitely see. But all Gurdon has done is go 10-0 vs 2a competition the last 2+ years. Ida and foreman are good teams, no doubt. Gurdon is a pretty good team too and will go into both of those games ready to scrap...win or lose.

a weak bearden team should have beat gurdon this year.

72aDaddy

Quote from: baseball13 on October 17, 2018, 07:00:53 am
a weak bearden team should have beat gurdon this year.
Should've. Didn't. Anomaly of a game. Gurdon has been plugging players in and out if different positions trying to find a good fit. The 1st half of the season was low scoring in large part due to that. They have sort figured it out now, who fits where. And the O is starting to hum.

dawgpound

It don't mean much but Hampton jv spanked gurden jv a week or so ago pretty bad

72aDaddy

Quote from: dawgpound on October 17, 2018, 07:18:26 am
It don't mean much but Hampton jv spanked gurden jv a week or so ago pretty bad
Doesn't mean much? It's irrelevant and completely arbitrary.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 07:09:33 am
Should've. Didn't. Anomaly of a game. Gurdon has been plugging players in and out if different positions trying to find a good fit. The 1st half of the season was low scoring in large part due to that. They have sort figured it out now, who fits where. And the O is starting to hum.

Good, they will need to have or an otherwise nice season will end for them 0-2.

baseball13

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 07:09:33 am

Im going to go out on a limb and say this is the last win of the year for the GO DEVELS. They lose week 9 to Mt. Ida week 10 to Foreman and 1st round of the playoffs to Bearden.

72aDaddy

Quote from: baseball13 on October 17, 2018, 08:09:35 am
Im going to go out on a limb and say this is the last win of the year for the GO DEVELS. They lose week 9 to Mt. Ida week 10 to Foreman and 1st round of the playoffs to Bearden.
That's a brittle limb you're walking out on. Better harness up.

This Gurdon team is not losing to Bearden. That's not happening. If anything, it will now be a little more lopsided of a final score if we meet again.

As for the other 2 games....We will see. Mt Ida plays hard but Gurdon has more fresh bodies and more team speed so I think that game will surprise some people. Foreman...they have an offense that is humming. It's up to Gurdon to limit it. We'll see.

IdaLions

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 06:52:04 am

Are your referring from 2015-Present or 2016-Present?

72aDaddy

Quote from: IdaLions on October 17, 2018, 09:06:15 am
Are your referring from 2015-Present or 2016-Present?
just referring to it being some years since a 2a team has beat Gurdon. Granted they were in 3a but still playing 2a teams out of conference.

Gurdon by any means is not a great team. And they've been installing a new offense basically in-season. So Gurdon has had its struggles here and there. The class of 2a in 2018 is Ida and Foreman. Gurdon will get their shot at them both. And I like that Gurdon gets Ida at home first.

IdaLions

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 17, 2018, 09:34:28 am
just referring to it being some years since a 2a team has beat Gurdon. Granted they were in 3a but still playing 2a teams out of conference.

Gurdon by any means is not a great team. And they've been installing a new offense basically in-season. So Gurdon has had its struggles here and there. The class of 2a in 2018 is Ida and Foreman. Gurdon will get their shot at them both. And I like that Gurdon gets Ida at home first.

The last two time I can remember Gurdon getting beat by 2A teams was Mount Ida(42-0) and Rison(Don't remember the score but it wasn't close) in 2015. But the only true 2A team was Mount Ida, props to Gurdon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas