• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Playoff Bracket 2017

Started by beach bum, September 19, 2017, 10:31:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Winners of the 6,7, and 8 all on one side. Wow! Way to go AAA.

beach bum

Quote from: fann07 on September 19, 2017, 10:36:24 am
Winners of the 6,7, and 8 all on one side. Wow! Way to go AAA.

That side is loaded with one of those 3 really earning their spot in the final..... That created intrigue on the other side seems maybe not as strong but equally hard to pick a favorite between the winners of the 4 and 5, plus the 2nd place team from the 8-2A. I would really like to see Hector win the 5 and then play Danville in the playoffs. The winner of the 4 has to play 2nd in the 8-2A early in the 2nd round. That is the best early matchup. But you are right in the sense that the right side of that bracket is loaded and looks like it probably has the state champ in it and maybe the top 3 teams in the state on one side.

BlueCrew4U

AAA has no clue how to draw up a playoff bracket.... just terrible..... stack the 8 in two brackets so they won't have all 4 semifinal teams.... nice.

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 10:46:10 am #4 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:52:06 am by beach bum
Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 19, 2017, 10:44:40 am
AAA has no clue how to draw up a playoff bracket.... just terrible..... stack the 8 in two brackets so they won't have all 4 semifinal teams.... nice.

They weren't having 4 teams in the semifinals no matter how you drew the bracket.... The top 4 teams in 2A are not all in the 8-2A. You do know that right no matter how much your homer glasses might be on? If you think Conway Christian, Mount Ida, or McCrory would finish 5th in the 8-2A I am laughing. That is what you are saying if you think the 8-2A would have 4 teams in the semifinals if they split the bracket "just right". I may be understanding your post incorrectly, but that is what it appears you are trying to say is Mount Ida wouldn't even finish 4th in 8-2A?

dawgpound

Screw the south is the name of the game it didn't just start

beach bum

Quote from: dawgpound on September 19, 2017, 10:53:24 am
Screw the south is the name of the game it didn't just start

The far south of 2A screws itself when it loses to teams like McCrory, Conway Christian and Mount Ida.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 10:46:10 am
They weren't having 4 teams in the semifinals no matter how you drew the bracket.... The top 4 teams in 2A are not all in the 8-2A. You do know that right no matter how much your homer glasses might be on? If you think Conway Christian, Mount Ida, or McCrory would finish 5th in the 8-2A I am laughing. That is what you are saying if you think the 8-2A would have 4 teams in the semifinals if they split the bracket "just right". I may be understanding your post incorrectly, but that is what it appears you are trying to say is Mount Ida wouldn't even finish 4th in 8-2A?

That's not what I said at all.  Chill out... I'm not disrespecting anyone.  I just said they made it where there was NO WAY that would happen.  To say that I think Mt. Ida would finish 4th in the 8 is just grasping at straws.  Or McCrory or CC for that matter. 
I will say that if they had to play in the 8 it would be a much tougher road than any of those teams has to take at this point.  Not calling the other conferences weak... just not near as top-heavy as the 8. 
Get you some of Bearden, Rison, Harmony Grove, and Hampton in the SAME SEASON and then talk.  Anyone can go play one team from there.... but to do it every week and survive is a different story.  Even Strong and PC will beat on you down here.

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 11:01:10 am #8 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:03:53 am by beach bum
And finally it does not take a mathematician to know that if you take 5 teams from a conference in a bracket that forms 4 quadrants then each conference is going to have one of the quadrants that has two of its teams in one quadrant of the four.... But somehow you think the AAA is against you  ::) ... Each quadrant has one of the conferences that has two teams from it in it.... It's simple math that 5>4 .... This is not the old system over decade ago where you could form a perfect bracket of 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the first round and you could evenly disperse your 4 teams evenly through the 32 team bracket.

BlueCrew4U

but one quadrant has ZERO teams from the 8....
maybe that math is too advanced for you.

beach bum

September 19, 2017, 11:04:32 am #10 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:06:56 am by beach bum
Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 19, 2017, 11:02:45 am
but one quadrant has ZERO teams from the 8....
maybe that math is too advanced for you.

It does not matter how they draw it up. They can not fit 5 teams in 4 quadrants. I don't think you are getting the point. It is literally impossible to not place at some point 2 teams from the same conference together in a pod of 7 or 8 depending on if you have one of the byes in your section. Go try it. It is literally impossible. To think the AAA is after the 8-2A is ridiculous.

BlueCrew4U

I don't think you get it either.... Sure you have to put two in one..... but not two in two and none in one.  That's my point.  In the end it doesn't matter... you gotta play it out the way its drawn up... Best of luck to you and your school!
No disrespect intended.

baseball13

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 11:04:32 am
It does not matter how they draw it up. They can not fit 5 teams in 4 quadrants. I don't think you are getting the point. It is literally impossible to not place at some point 2 teams from the same conference together in a pod of 7 or 8 depending on if you have one of the byes in your section. Go try it. It is literally impossible. To think the AAA is after the 8-2A is ridiculous.

BLUECREW i see what you are saying. There are 4 quadrants there should be 1 team from the 8 in each bracket and then the #5 seed just gets put where ever he lands. same thing with the other conferences.

bear for life

Yes love the bracket only the strong survive

big E

Looks like 8 winner is at home as long as they keep winning.

SOUTHARK99

The winners of the 4AA and 3AA are the ones with the bad draw they have to play the 2nd and 3rd seed from the 8. Hampton might be going back to Des Arc when the 4th from the 8AA go to the 2nd from the 6AA

baseball13

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on September 19, 2017, 12:09:35 pm
The winners of the 4AA and 3AA are the ones with the bad draw they have to play the 2nd and 3rd seed from the 8. Hampton might be going back to Des Arc when the 4th from the 8AA go to the 2nd from the 6AA

but i thought was not any good and PC was going to get that number 4 spot

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 19, 2017, 11:00:40 am
That's not what I said at all.  Chill out... I'm not disrespecting anyone.  I just said they made it where there was NO WAY that would happen.  To say that I think Mt. Ida would finish 4th in the 8 is just grasping at straws.  Or McCrory or CC for that matter. 
I will say that if they had to play in the 8 it would be a much tougher road than any of those teams has to take at this point.  Not calling the other conferences weak... just not near as top-heavy as the 8. 
Get you some of Bearden, Rison, Harmony Grove, and Hampton in the SAME SEASON and then talk.  Anyone can go play one team from there.... but to do it every week and survive is a different story.  Even Strong and PC will beat on you down here.
Hector seems to play at least 3 games a year against the 8 and have faired very well so I feel like we could compete week in and out with the 8 and be in talks of winning the 8 each year

dawgpound

It's all up for grabs you never know until the whistle blows

HG Hornet

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 19, 2017, 11:00:40 am
Go on with your bad self.  :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: baseball13 on September 19, 2017, 12:12:43 pm
but i thought was not any good and PC was going to get that number 4 spot

And Des Arc doesn't have the 2 seed sewn up or anything close. Lol

MR#1

Given how the seeds were distributed in the bracket, I wonder if there was mathematics being used by AAA to minimize travel (thus, expenses) for teams/fans. (Just a thought ...)

It's going to be a great few weeks to see who wins the various conferences, and a great playoff bracket.

Small town high school football is the best football.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MR#1 on September 20, 2017, 01:01:52 am
Given how the seeds were distributed in the bracket, I wonder if there was mathematics being used by AAA to minimize travel (thus, expenses) for teams/fans. (Just a thought ...)

It's going to be a great few weeks to see who wins the various conferences, and a great playoff bracket.

Small town high school football is the best football.

AAA is dang if they do dang if they don't in the eyes if the fans....

stuck in between

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it seems to me that it would simplify things a lot if they would at least cut back to four teams per conference. Then you could have one team per conference per bracket quadrant. It does nothing for anyone other the AAA to have a team that won two regular season games travel 2-3 hours or maybe even more to a 1 seed just to get mercy ruled. That is time, money and energy spent that could be directed towards other school sports that school could and by all accounts should be participating in. We all know the AAA would not benefit from this so therefore it will not happen. I am not their biggest supporter due to other reasons so therefore by opinion is probably a little biased.   

AA Insider

There is money made in that matchup with a 5th seed. That's why the AAA will keep doing it that way. In some conferences the 5th seeds are good teams and compete well and actually have won some games in years past I do believe. I'd like to see 5th seeds records

BlueCrew4U

I agree that taking 5 does water it down... but that's all about the money.  If you really want a true playoff then you need to go to a power rating system.  That would force better scheduling and put a premium on wins vs better competition.
I'd love to see it.

tacklethis...

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 20, 2017, 05:12:49 am
AAA is dang if they do dang if they don't in the eyes if the fans....

They don't do a good job of alternating the byes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 22, 2017, 06:18:40 am
They don't do a good job of alternating the byes.

Completely agreed on this one....should just be 2 and 8, then 3 and 4 then 5 and 6 paired together for byes....or develop a power system and give it to the conference champs of the toughest conference...

tacklethis...

September 22, 2017, 07:37:21 am #28 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:40:14 am by tacklethis...
Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2017, 06:30:34 am
Completely agreed on this one....should just be 2 and 8, then 3 and 4 then 5 and 6 paired together for byes....or develop a power system and give it to the conference champs of the toughest conference...

I got bored so I did this....since 2010 the byes go as this

2010      #4    #5          So conference 3 has 2 byes since 2010
2011        8      6                               4 has 2 byes
2012        7      3                               5 has 3 byes
2013        8      6                               6 has 4 byes
2014        5      4                               7 has 1 bye
2015        8      6                               8 has 4 byes
2016        6      5
2017        8      3

In 15 and 16 #6 got the byes twice back to back...

Now someone explain how the AAA is managing class 2A...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas