• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas High School Basketball NEW WEBSITE

Started by ReddieKnightTrojan, January 27, 2016, 03:39:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReddieKnightTrojan

Wouldn't it be great if someone would compile records and stats for ALL high school basketball teams in Arkansas regardless of size. This site and Hooten's does a great job with football. MaxPreps is great for football, but is pretty questionable for basketball. I, for one, would love to see a Hooten's type website and publication for high school hoops.

BigLion10

Vype did a basketball magazine a few years back about high school hoops in Ark. But it wasn't very big I wish someone would do a basketball magazine

WPWells

ArklahomaPreps is planning to launch a site soon

Alphaman1906

ARmaxpreps

James Yancy and Ray fresh should definitely be on the top 12 of 2018 Arkansas players better yet in noticeable player these 2 are most definitely d1 prospects and future 150 and espn ranked them 3rd and 4th in the state for them to not even be on the noticeable player list is absurd. James Yancy has had 41 an 57 pt games and ray fresh has had 37 and 31 pt games and they're not worthy of noticeable players?!? If I could rank 2018 they would be top 5 easily!! :o ???

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: ARmaxpreps on February 14, 2016, 06:34:52 pm
James Yancy and Ray fresh should definitely be on the top 12 of 2018 Arkansas players better yet in noticeable player these 2 are most definitely d1 prospects and future 150 and espn ranked them 3rd and 4th in the state for them to not even be on the noticeable player list is absurd. James Yancy has had 41 an 57 pt games and ray fresh has had 37 and 31 pt games and they're not worthy of noticeable players?!? If I could rank 2018 they would be top 5 easily!! :o ???

What do you know about Ray Fresh? He is headed to SAU.

JustaFan

I have noticed that Arkansasbasketballrankings.com does not update their website.
1. If you are going to be ranking players within the state (boys or girls) you should keep up with all of players. This site "I guess" just ranks the players that have paid money to go to their evaluation camps. I am sure there are a lot of players that did not go to these camps (did not pay money) that should be considered in the top of their class but yet are not included in these rankings.
2. I have known players who have went to these camps (paid money) and have never been looked at again even though they have clearly risen to the top of their class. They and their teams have competed at the top levels in the state and been recognized by other organizations for their accomplishments but this site does not update anything.
3. I've noticed that the same rankings of players does not change much (if at all) since the organization started.
4. I know this requires time and effort on behalf of this organization, but if you are promoting this site on Fearless Fridays someone within Arkansasbasketballrankings.com should be evaluating athletes all the time. Data does exist. All- State honors, State tournament appearances, ARBCA Top 5 awards, All tournament teams. Scholarship offers, Max preps
5. It sure seems that its more about the money than the players.

Lanny

I want to do that here but it's very time consuming and we have to add boys and girls.
If anyone wants to run with this I can set it up on here.  I would love to have a live scoreboard for basketball games

MomaLion

VHSCoach2

It would be great. I tried to start a 5A score thread, but it seems like only Vilonia and Mountain Home fans are reporting scores most of the time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas