• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 5A East Boys and Girls Conference Standings (Need Wynne@VV girls and GCT@Wynne scores)

Started by MikeDiesel™, November 21, 2014, 09:27:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneers

I can't wait to watch the GCT nettleton game tonight should be good games for both games. Just hope things don't get to chippy and we have a good clean game.

Chief-Chickasaw

Both games were great in Blytheville tonight our poor girls gave Paragould all they could handle until the last 2 minutes when they ran out of gas.
The boy played their tail off to get a much needed win against Paragould. Paragould's number 20 was unbelievable we couldn't stop him he had like 35 points. But Issac Kelly carried us with 28 of his own to take home the victory. A lot of people consider GCT our conference rival but I really love beating Paragould and they are quickly become my new favorite team to beat.

Grond

Gee, thanks from Paragould......#20 is Brandon Clifford.  Might see him on Saturdays, some day. He is a Junior, so you WILL see him next year. ;D

Paragould only hit two 3-pointers the whole game. Paragould had some good looks, but credit must be given to the Blytheville defense. The Chicks played tough D at the perimeter AND in the paint. And they had a guy get hot, hitting a couple of NBA 3's.  :o

Do us a favor, develop the "rival" attitude toward some other teams, too? ???

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Grond on February 10, 2015, 11:25:35 pm
Gee, thanks from Paragould......#20 is Brandon Clifford.  Might see him on Saturdays, some day. He is a Junior, so you WILL see him next year. ;D

Paragould only hit two 3-pointers the whole game. Paragould had some good looks, but credit must be given to the Blytheville defense. The Chicks played tough D at the perimeter AND in the paint. And they had a guy get hot, hitting a couple of NBA 3's.  :o

Do us a favor, develop the "rival" attitude toward some other teams, too? ???

Batesville could easily take that spot if we could figure out how to beat them in football.  Their fans are great when they are winning very polite and complementary.  But let them lose man can they make an about face. They played a JR High game here this year and a few of their fans as soon as they came in the gym started complaining about going through the metal detectors. Which are only up to make the visiting fans feel more comfortable because we understand Blytheville's reputation.  We don't need them more then anyone else does but it makes visitors feel better. Same with all the cops we have there. I've been going to games for 10 years and the only issue I can remember is when GCT hit a buzzer beater a few years back and a GCT kid flipped off the crowd and one of our students threw a empty plastic bottle on the court and was arrested immediately. Got off track back to Batesville.  So then they got into it with a ref and we're very rude to our vice principal who was trying to help them and see what their complaints was. Now that was just a small group and not the whole crowd most were very nice and even apologized for that small group. But like they say 1 bad apple spoil the whole bunch. So now I hope they never win another game against anyone. I'm bitter like that lol.

MDXPHD

I believe Batesville girls beat VV 49-46. 

VV boys beat Batesville 77-57.

Sportsnutt

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 11, 2015, 06:34:08 pm
I believe Batesville girls beat VV 49-46. 

VV boys beat Batesville 77-57.

That is correct.  Batesville girls won against Valley View on Tuesday 49-46.

MDXPHD

Mike, I think you have the Batesville-VV 2/10 girls game reversed still.

MikeDiesel™

Sorry about that score y'all. I'll get it fixed when I'm at a computer.

MDXPHD

Quote from: hogfan7 on February 05, 2015, 12:56:27 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on February 04, 2015, 07:50:39 pm
Quote from: hogfan7 on February 03, 2015, 11:59:51 am
I predict Batesville's girl will be 5th after it's all over.  They beat Paragould right after Burnside got hurt, beat Nettleton after they lost 2 girls to injuries, and beat Valley View without one of the best players out with the flu.  It's been by luck they are in 2nd.

I predict someone is bitter. It may play out that way, but they haven't just beaten these teams by "luck."

Bitter?  Nope. Don't even have a kid playing.  I am just a basketball fan and love watching the game.  I have watched A LOT of basketball in my lifetime and I am just calling it as I see it.  You put those players in the picture and it would have made a different outcome in the games with Batesville.

So why did Batesville girls beat Nettleton and VV this time around?

Grond

2/13 scores:  Boys Paragould 84 - Forrest City 81;  Girls Pgld 54 - FC 21

Boys GCT 46 - VV 51;  Girls GCT 32 - VV 48

MikeDiesel™

Were any of the games from Tuesday night played? When are the rescheduled for?  Blytheville played @ Nettleton Thursday night losing both games. Tonight's Blytheville/Forrest City games are being played Saturday at 3:00

Rulesman

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 20, 2015, 03:43:38 pm
Were any of the games from Tuesday night played? When are the rescheduled for?  Blytheville played @ Nettleton Thursday night losing both games. Tonight's Blytheville/Forrest City games are being played Saturday at 3:00
Check your PMs.

Grond

Paragould's altered schedule is as follows:  :-\

Sat: GCT; Mon: @ Wynne; Tues: @ Nettleton; Fri: Valley View

Paragould runs a short rotation, so there is no telling how this week could go.

think

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 20, 2015, 03:43:38 pm

Wondering when the VV/FC game will be rescheduled. I'd like to make the trip over to that one.

Grond

Paragould - GCT game moved to Wednesday.  >:(

For reasons beyond my understanding, the local Wal-mart can get their parking lot cleaned, but the Paragould school district can't make it happen.  ???

pioneers

Valley view girls 43
Nettleton girls 42

Valley view boys won by 2 I don't remember the exact score from that game.

Grond

2/23: Paragould Boys & Girls played Wynne. Paragould Boys & Girls won. Will post scores when verified.

MDXPHD

Girls- GCT over Batesville 68-67 in double overtime.

Boys- GCT over Batesville 70-61.

MikeDiesel™

Still need these scores:
Wynne @ Batesville (Makeup was Saturday)
VV @ FC (Makeup was Monday)
GCT @ Paragould (Makeup is Wednesay I think)

Thanks.  Sorry for taking so long getting these updated.  I haven't been on the computer and with Blytheville eliminated, I didn't get all that excited about updating it :)

MDXPHD

Girls- Batesville over Wynne 57-26

Boys- Wynne over Batesville 57-37

Rulesman

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Rulesman on February 24, 2015, 04:13:58 pm
Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 24, 2015, 02:38:42 pm
VV @ FC (Makeup was Monday)
VV at FC was moved to Wednesday

That is a pretty big game tomorrow!  Valley View has really stepped up big in their first season of 5A ball.

pioneers

Huge shoutout to wynnes coach. Tonight was senior night at Valley view and valley view has a player that has autism and wynne let valley view get to the tip to him and he went and dunked it. Special moment and makes you realize that it is more than a game that kid will cherish that moment for the rest of his life.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: pioneers on February 24, 2015, 09:54:05 pm
Huge shoutout to wynnes coach. Tonight was senior night at Valley view and valley view has a player that has autism and wynne let valley view get to the tip to him and he went and dunked it. Special moment and makes you realize that it is more than a game that kid will cherish that moment for the rest of his life.

I had seen something about it on KAIT's twitter.  Pretty cool. 

MikeDiesel™

Rulesman

think

Anyone know if the VV vs FC game is still on for tonight?

Edit: Cancelled

Grond

MikeDiesel™

Girls
Batesville 54
Blytheville 38

Nettleton 71
FC 52

Grond

2/26: Valley View @ Paragould.  Girls: Paragould won 49-48 in OT. Boys: Valley View won. Get score later, if needed.

MikeDiesel™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas