• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Regionals

Started by neaballfan, February 23, 2010, 10:13:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrantonrocketforlife

Quote from: ws_gfeagles on February 27, 2010, 08:24:11 pm<br />Region 4 Finals- Girls-- Scranton beat West Side 46-41. Another great game by West Side, came up a little short... A few bad calls, but hey, Scranton is probably the most well rounded girls team I've seen.<br />

The bad calls were on both sides of the ball!

CT44

St. Paul girls beat Jasper girls by 11.

The Jasper senior boys are still rolling. They beat Fayetteville Christian last night by 9 or 11, I can't remember. The freshmen played outstanding in regional. They remind me a lot of the Razorbacks of the mid 90s, just only on a high school level. They're playing really, really SOLID ball right now.

neaballfan

Quote from: ms.pacman on February 27, 2010, 01:33:08 pm<br />
Quote from: vindication on February 27, 2010, 12:24:21 amDoes anyone know about region 2 girls? Who is in the finals and who is playing for third?
<br /><br />From what I have found in the finals is Calico Rock vs. Viola.<br />And playing for third is between Hillcrest vs. Bay.<br /><br />Please correct if this is wrong.<br />
Yes you are wrong, the hillcrest vs. ridgefield was consolation with ridgefield winning. Bay beat mammoth springs last night 50-41 for a region 2 title. Their scores for the week were 52-27 over viola, 58-31 over hillcrest, and won the title game by a score of 50-41.

ms.pacman

Quote from: neaballfan on February 28, 2010, 02:59:29 pm<br />
Quote from: ms.pacman on February 27, 2010, 01:33:08 pm<br />
Quote from: vindication on February 27, 2010, 12:24:21 amDoes anyone know about region 2 girls? Who is in the finals and who is playing for third?
<br /><br />From what I have found in the finals is Calico Rock vs. Viola.<br />And playing for third is between Hillcrest vs. Bay.<br /><br />Please correct if this is wrong.<br />
<br />Yes you are wrong, the hillcrest vs. ridgefield was consolation with ridgefield winning. Bay beat mammoth springs last night 50-41 for a region 2 title. Their scores for the week were 52-27 over viola, 58-31 over hillcrest, and won the title game by a score of 50-41.<br />

No, I was talking about the girls. Not the boys.

arbballfan

ct34 did u really compare the jasper high school basketball team to the arkansas razorbacks when they went to back to back national titles?? if this is true then i think the rest of the teams should jus stay home this year.

arbballfan

excuse me i meant CT44

CT44

No worries on the name.

I just mean their ability to run the floor. They definetly play 32 minutes of heck. It's a constant run for these guys. They play suffocating defense and have some decent size. Not huge, but their three bigs run the floor extremely well. They are good shooters and are pretty fundamentally sound.

arbballfan

well if this is the case then jasper should be an exciting team to watch.

CT44

I've enjoyed watching them this year. They played their best ball of the season during their district and regionals. If they can somehow carry that momentum over into State, they will shock a team or two.

arbballfan

its all about having ur team peak at the right time and district and regionals are a great time to begin

trojan fan

they are playin kirby first round and they are playin hot too and confidence is very high

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas