• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillydeluxe

Heard Klatt stepped down..  Is this true?  If so, any word on who may replace him?

loyal fan

Why can't Waldron win?  What is different about them compared to for example: Mena.  Coach? Kids?  Committment?

whippersnapper

I feel bad for the kids there. Especially this yr. Had some many close games this yr but would pull a Waldron and fall just short. You tried a old coach last time, try a young fired up coach this time. If I was taking the job though I would ask for 5 yrs to turn it around. And after 5 yrs and there is no improvements in the program. Then you can fire me etc. Good luck in finding applicants and on the job search. 

loyal fan

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 14, 2011, 09:34:13 am
I feel bad for the kids there. Especially this yr. Had some many close games this yr but would pull a Waldron and fall just short. You tried a old coach last time, try a young fired up coach this time. If I was taking the job though I would ask for 5 yrs to turn it around. And after 5 yrs and there is no improvements in the program. Then you can fire me etc. Good luck in finding applicants and on the job search. 
I agree.  Go get a coach with some life thats gonna get kids excited about plying football.  Lot of up and comming assistants and lower classification head coaches should be looked at. 

Wendell Robinson

Go get a coach that runs that triple option. Control the clock, grind out wins. Surprise the opposing defense with a deepball every now and then off the option pass. And yes, I'm serious. Get someone young that can fire up the kids and make them want to play. You got a new stadium, that should generate some interest. Now go get a coach to match, one that has the desire and passion to see the team succeed and knows how to sell it to the kids.

loyal fan

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 14, 2011, 10:13:26 am
Go get a coach that runs that triple option. Control the clock, grind out wins. Surprise the opposing defense with a deepball every now and then off the option pass. And yes, I'm serious. Get someone young that can fire up the kids and make them want to play. You got a new stadium, that should generate some interest. Now go get a coach to match, one that has the desire and passion to see the team succeed and knows how to sell it to the kids.
+1

Skunk Ape, Esq.

I think Waldron is the kind of place where the kids have to know that you are there for the long haul. You aren't there to try and win a few games and then try and leave for a better job. Those kids need to know that you care about them and that you are a Bulldog too, not just a short timer.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 14, 2011, 07:42:36 pm
I think Waldron is the kind of place where the kids have to know that you are there for the long haul. You aren't there to try and win a few games and then try and leave for a better job. Those kids need to know that you care about them and that you are a Bulldog too, not just a short timer.

Spot on! Waldron, unfortunately has been one of those places for most coaches for a while now. And that is what the kids see. They need to see somebody come in that wants to be there. And doesn't want to just treat it like a stepping stone.

x14113

Wait, I'd love to know when Waldron was ever considered a stepping stone for FB coaches.  Rettman was there for a while (around a decade, perhaps?) and won a conference title in the middle of his stay, stepping down only because he couldn't get any more good players.  Wasn't Klatt his immediate successor?

I would definitely hold off on the "stepping stone" label in regards to Waldron.  Heck, Ozark's been much worse off as far that goes.

Wendell Robinson

I wasn't meaning that Waldron had been treated like a stepping stone. What I meant was, they need a coach that wants to be there and doesn't just want to treat it that way. Should have been more clear in my statement. Apologies

husky

What type of offense and defense has Waldron traditionally been?  Does the administration allow for a proper off season?

whippersnapper

Who would be some good assistants around the river valley or in the conf that would be a good fit? Heck if I was them I would try and grab gill from Mansfield. Its not like he is getting paid a lot there or even have a staff.  And he hasn't lost to Waldron..

Bigbossman

Get your admin to go woo vince perrin away from mineral springs. He has a winning program there. He is young but not a kid. And he is at a 2-A school. So you know he would jump at a bigger program. I dont care anything about mineral good or bad. But have watched this guy. He is someone that would be a great fit in waldron.

husky

Well if they want to turn things around truly, u bring in a staff not just a coach.  I know that staff.

Bigbossman

Well said. You let the top dog bring in his people. That is a formula for a winning program.

hogwildufer

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 14, 2011, 08:36:54 pm
Who would be some good assistants around the river valley or in the conf that would be a good fit? Heck if I was them I would try and grab gill from Mansfield. Its not like he is getting paid a lot there or even have a staff.  And he hasn't lost to Waldron..
Ryan Staggs at Pottsville. If he would leave. They've got some good stuff going on there. He is going to be a Head coach someday, might as well be Waldron.

SteelHog

Possible candidate could be David Joyce.  He is a former Arkansas native who is currently coaching in the mountains of Colorado.  Young & Energetic, whatever "IT" is, he's got it.  In four years, he has turned a program that was 0-10 to 9-1. Averaged 42 points a game in a run oriented offense.  Led them to their first playoff appearance since 1993.

hillbilly

What about May from Booneville?

whippersnapper

Where does he coach? I wanna look him up

loyal fan

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 10:17:10 pm
Get your admin to go woo vince perrin away from mineral springs. He has a winning program there. He is young but not a kid. And he is at a 2-A school. So you know he would jump at a bigger program. I dont care anything about mineral good or bad. But have watched this guy. He is someone that would be a great fit in waldron.

Would be tough to convince Vince to leave MS.  Great situation there for a FB coach.  One of the best small school jobs in the state.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogwildufer on November 14, 2011, 11:01:57 pm
Ryan Staggs at Pottsville. If he would leave. They've got some good stuff going on there. He is going to be a Head coach someday, might as well be Waldron.
Pottsville has been relevant for 2 years.  They have a really good, senior oline this year that has been winning.  Let them prove they can win more than with just some excellent players.

Fletch

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 15, 2011, 11:13:55 am
Pottsville has been relevant for 2 years.  They have a really good, senior oline this year that has been winning.  Let them prove they can win more than with just some excellent players.
Dont coaches and thier systems develop players???

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Fletch on November 15, 2011, 03:54:34 pm
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 15, 2011, 11:13:55 am
Dont coaches and thier systems develop players???
Sometimes, but you can not make an english bulldog run like a greyhound.  Nor, for the most part, does a 5'8 225lb linemen block like a 6'3 300lb linemen. 

whippersnapper

That coach Joyce seems like a good coach. I found some more info on him where his team went 9-2 one yr and had over 4000yds of offense that yr. Only 700 of it was passing which is my kind of offense. And sounds like he would have more than enough qualifications for the job.

Bigbossman

Quote from: loyal fan on November 15, 2011, 10:45:14 am

Would be tough to convince Vince to leave MS.  Great situation there for a FB coach.  One of the best small school jobs in the state.

bigger school district = bigger paycheck.

That situation is not that good. Mineral should be a stepping stone for him. He would be foolish to look at it any other way. Nobody, unless your from there wants to stay there. The admin is shady. They turfed their feild but the town and the rest of the campus is a dump. Enrollment will sink them at some point. Its a dying town. There is writing on the wall mineral just refuses to read it.

He is a superb coach. And does have a pretty solid staff. I thought nashville should have looked at him after dawson. He could and will perform in a higher classification.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 15, 2011, 06:50:57 pm
Sometimes, but you can not make an english bulldog run like a greyhound.  Nor, for the most part, does a 5'8 225lb linemen block like a 6'3 300lb linemen.

Perfect for that option offense!

whippersnapper

That option offense and the 4-4a?? Scary. We've already got 2 ground and pound teams. That's what we need next.

paraloma

Zip it.

Bigbossman

Quote from: paraloma on November 15, 2011, 09:22:53 pm

Zip it.

if he wasnt a good coach i wouldnt mention him. Its not like he is a secret.

SteelHog

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 15, 2011, 07:07:07 pm
That coach Joyce seems like a good coach. I found some more info on him where his team went 9-2 one yr and had over 4000yds of offense that yr. Only 700 of it was passing which is my kind of offense. And sounds like he would have more than enough qualifications for the job.

Joyce would be a great fit. He has experience turning a program around. He is only 32, and would love the opportunity to come home.

whippersnapper

I'm assuming you know him personally either family or friend? Is he aware the position is open now

Bigbossman

Robbie coplin, he is a coach at lake travis texas. Look at their program, he is an arkansas native. Not a head coach but young and motivated. Be hard to pluck him from a program like theirs though. But you never know.

SteelHog

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on November 15, 2011, 10:16:02 pm
I'm assuming you know him personally either family or friend? Is he aware the position is open now

Whenever it "officially" opens, he plans to send his stuff.

Spygate

You are him ;D

I think there will be quite a bit of interest with all of the moving around of the classifications. This being the first job to come out. I think they will have at least 30 people apply

husky

Steelhog is not Joyce, that'd be me.  We have been friends since we were bitin' ankles.  We both played on Van Buren's championship team of 1996.  I took over Battle Mountain after I wasn't getting proper looks at head jobs in Arkansas, due to the good ol'boy system, which is not about ability as a coach but about who you know.  After being here for 4 years and turning this program around, it is time to get home.  I got a 3 and 4 year old and the grandparents want to see'em. 

This is what I bring to the table, pre-game pep talk before rival game.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 11:31:18 am
Steelhog is not Joyce, that'd be me.  We have been friends since we were bitin' ankles.  We both played on Van Buren's championship team of 1996.  I took over Battle Mountain after I wasn't getting proper looks at head jobs in Arkansas, due to the good ol'boy system, which is not about ability as a coach but about who you know.  After being here for 4 years and turning this program around, it is time to get home.  I got a 3 and 4 year old and the grandparents want to see'em. 

This is what I bring to the table, pre-game pep talk before rival game.
I hope this is a joke.

husky

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 11:45:06 am
why would it be a joke?
Because what kind of coach would come on a message board and pimp himself... 

husky

pimp myself, sorry your ridiculous, a buddy threw my name out there, and told me bout waldron job.  yeah, i guess a coach that is not confident, doesn't believe in his ability, would be a better way to go. yeah, same old same old usually works.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 11:52:52 am
pimp myself, sorry your ridiculous, a buddy threw my name out there, and told me bout waldron job.  yeah, i guess a coach that is not confident, doesn't believe in his ability, would be a better way to go. yeah, same old same old usually works.
You want the job?  Apply for it.  Coaches don't put youtube videos on a fan message board.  If this is real, as in the person claiming to be this coach is actually this coach, then I have never seen someone act so ridiculously for a job.  But I still think this is someone acting like the coach.

loyal fan

That is the Funniest Thing I have seen in a long time.  "I am a Husky!"  Self promotion rarely works.  Just coach hard.  Send in an application.  Hope for an interview.  Good luck.

husky

Bout as funny as a username "dog the bounty hunter".  well, again, this is the problem with arkansas.  you could be a total moron, but if you walked on at the u of a and sat the bench, you must be a good high school coach.

I took over the worst program in colorado, and we lost 2 games this year by a combined 3 points.  Rifle 11-0, and D'Evelyn the largest private school in state 40-38.  I can not believe a bunch of posers on this board are knocking a person who worked hard for something, believed in themselves and achieved it.  your right, putting a product out on a board is distasteful, waldrons coach should just present vague promises with no evidence of ability.   

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 12:04:55 pm
Bout as funny as a username "dog the bounty hunter".  well, again, this is the problem with arkansas.  you could be a total moron, but if you walked on at the u of a and sat the bench, you must be a good high school coach.

I took over the worst program in colorado, and we lost 2 games this year by a combined 3 points.  Rifle 11-0, and D'Evelyn the largest private school in state 40-38.  I can not believe a bunch of posers on this board are knocking a person who worked hard for something, believed in themselves and achieved it.  your right, putting a product out on a board is distasteful, waldrons coach should just present vague promises with no evidence of ability.
Like I said... this has to be a joke.

loyal fan

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 16, 2011, 12:08:05 pm
Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 12:04:55 pm

Like I said... this has to be a joke.

+1.  Don't stop though.  This thread is helping me get pass the day.

husky

http://www.coloradopreps.com/Audio/BATTLEMOUNTAIN6.mp3

or search the local sports on Vail Daily

Theres a reason people maintain their station in life.  anything that is not in line with the norm is absurd.  I promise Autry wasn't on the norm, thats why he won wherever he went. The only joke would be, is how arkansas hires coaches, the basis they hire coaches on.  That my friend, is a joke. 

loyal fan

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 12:14:16 pm
http://www.coloradopreps.com/Audio/BATTLEMOUNTAIN6.mp3

or search the local sports on Vail Daily

Theres a reason people maintain their station in life.  anything that is not in line with the norm is absurd.  I promise Autry wasn't on the norm, thats why he won wherever he went. The only joke would be, is how arkansas hires coaches, the basis they hire coaches on.  That my friend, is a joke. 
Coach, be carefull what you say on these message boards.  Making crude remarks about arkansas coaches and hiring processes won't get you any job offers.  A lot of people read fearless friday.  Many Ark administrators are ex-coaches who might take offense.  Just a little friendly advice.  Good luck in the playoffs.

husky

Admins might read these boards, but the bottomline is, if they are offended by what I've said, then obviously those are the ones who have been burned by that process or use it, and I've no interest in that place.  Most good admins are lil smarter than your average fan, well the good ones are. 

Do not mistake "potential" for "performance". 

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 12:27:25 pm
Admins might read these boards, but the bottomline is, if they are offended by what I've said, then obviously those are the ones who have been burned by that process or use it, and I've no interest in that place.  Most good admins are lil smarter than your average fan, well the good ones are. 

And do not mistake "smart coaches" for "husky"

husky

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on November 16, 2011, 12:32:15 pm
Quote from: husky on November 16, 2011, 12:27:25 pm

And do not mistake "smart coaches" for "husky"

Your right bout that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas