• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron Head Coach

Started by hillbillydeluxe, November 13, 2011, 09:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Quote from: GLion Alum on February 29, 2012, 12:04:06 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 29, 2012, 11:48:19 am
If I had to take a guess, I would say that you might have gray hair because of all the Wisdom you have GLion.... :D

Before the Gravette fans who know me have a chance to respond to what you posted,  I'll present three options:  (1)  GLion isn't wise.  (2)  GLion has discovered the miracles of modern chemistry. (3) GLion wears a toupee.  Whatever...GLion likes to think he looks younger than he is, and at this stage of life it's important to GLion for him not to think of himself as just another cranky old geezer.  ;D (My apologies to the green moose for stealing his third-person style for this one reply only).

I in no way meant that as disrespect.  My apologies the young GLion. 

GLion Alum

No problem at all, diehardFBfan.  It was just a preemptive strike on my part against certain unnamed Gravette posters/jokers.  ;D  Naturally, this starts off page no. 15

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 12:57:09 pm #702 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:01:39 pm by DiehardFBfan
 I think that we might should pause for a moment and reflect on these past 14 pages and figure out what we have learned from this very informative FF Waldron head coach forum........................................................................

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 01:55:47 pm #703 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:59:34 pm by DiehardFBfan
Nothing Jack  ;D

Other than make friends, and tell a few jokes to kill the boredom on this waldron 4-4A thriller!!

Do you realize the damage that we could have inflicted on a mere 26,895 FF viewers in Arkansas?  We have missed the true essence of being able to captivate an audience! ;D

and yet still hunger to learn who Waldron is going to hire as Head Coach! ;D  Astonishing!

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Oldman on February 29, 2012, 11:10:01 am
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 11:06:17 am
Anyone else think that the best thing to ever happen to FF in the offseason was Waldron looking for a coach? This is fun, I kind of hope they never hire a coach.
after 14 pages are we sure they are looking?

They may not be looking to be honest with you. The thought occurred to me today that they may have already hired a coach and have just not announced it. Given Waldron's remote location deep in the Ouachita National Forest it wouldn't be that hard to hide a secret. Someone give Spygate a call and let's do some investigative reporting.

DogsWin7

February 29, 2012, 03:55:11 pm #705 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:00:04 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 03:50:56 pm
Quote from: Oldman on February 29, 2012, 11:10:01 am
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 29, 2012, 11:06:17 am
Anyone else think that the best thing to ever happen to FF in the offseason was Waldron looking for a coach? This is fun, I kind of hope they never hire a coach.
after 14 pages are we sure they are looking?

They may not be looking to be honest with you. The thought occurred to me today that they may have already hired a coach and have just not announced it. Given Waldron's remote location deep in the Ouachita National Forest it wouldn't be that hard to hide a secret. Someone give Spygate a call and let's do some investigative reporting.
[/quote
                                      Let's go spygate....

Wendell Robinson

Now I wonder if you know more than you let on...

DogsWin7

No, wish I did.  I could get Rich off of being able to predict the future! ;D  I am just old, and have nothing else better to do right now.  but it is almost spring, and the fish will be biten' and I will be at the good ole' fish-in' hole!  That and well, gettin' my garden ready....

I just have a passion for football, and like to see all schools do well.  Especially with all the uncertainties in the world.  Football and other sports can be that constant for kids, and that is a good thing.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Well....another prime candidate just bit the dust... ::)

iknowmorethanu

Wow guys, I mean I miss a couple days and it's already on page 15!! I'm with whoever it was that said are they even still looking. This is taking forever, but on the other hand what would we all do for fun if they ever actually hired a coach?

Panther13

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 01, 2012, 09:40:32 am

Well no big suprise!! ::) As I said before it really is starting to look like Waldron has more problems than trying to find a Football coach.

Hope could be on the horizon if they will let us submit our application and end this. LOL If not we could be talking about this still at the end of baseball season too.

DogsWin7

March 01, 2012, 12:36:25 pm #711 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:00:46 pm by DiehardFBfan
I have been giving this situation thought.(crazy i know, just humor me)
Since this is afterall FF, the most credible, and reliable news source ;D

I thought of this question?  Who on FF has applied for the Waldron job?  any takers that care to confess?  I thought it might help to figure out who they have narrowed it down to.  It could possibly even give us some insight to what could be going on down in Waldron, to where Coaches seem to be changing their minds.

Were they even really interested to begin with or was this just an attempt to get more money and support from the schools that they are currently at and just used waldron to their benefit?

Could the possibility of  be coming in to play on current asst.?
I mean as a head coach, most want to bring in an asst. usually.  I think on 1 of the pages somewhere Waldog stated they have 4 or 5 coaches for football already. 

Did the Coaches that applied get hired somewhere else?

Did they use Waldron as practice interviews?

If we knew someone or someones buddy maybe they could provide some insight please, not necessarily specifics but who/what did it come down to or reasons for not going to Waldron.

Who was the prime candidate that bit the dust figuratively speaking?

DogsWin7

March 01, 2012, 01:00:41 pm #712 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:46:53 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 01, 2012, 09:40:32 am

According to who?  You are just antagonizing Waldron like you did with the Bentonville joke aren't you?  or maybe it was waldog...bentonville like $$$ ;D

Do you really know Coach Venny or do you like to stir the pot so to speak?
Mansfield and Waldron have 1 of the best rivalry's you know, since you have mentioned it several times!!!! ;D

Jimbo Morphis

WALDRON HAS HIRED A COACH, details coming on page 23.

DogsWin7

March 01, 2012, 01:31:44 pm #714 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:34:38 pm by DiehardFBfan
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

+1000 for Oldman!

Good thing you were YELLING otherwise I don't think Waldron would hear you to know ;D

DogsWin7

My messages have lit- up like the 4th of JULY!!!!!!

FIREWORKS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Panther13

So far with what would be the fourth coach to turn the job down now if coach V is right there has bee a pretty consistent pattern. The coaches interviewing want to bring their own staffs in and they are being told no so Waldron is being told NO.  ::)

You can not bring about change without really making a change. :o IMO

Page 23 Oldman at the rate this coaching search is going and the number of post I think it just might blow right past 23!! LOL  :P Heck we might be shooting for the record number of post on one thread!

Panther13

We need to add a poll to this thread so we can start taking votes on when Waldron might finally hire a coach.
example

When will Waldron hire their next coach?     A.  Before spring practice?
                                                                 B.  Before Memorial day?
                                                                 C.  Before the Fourth of July?
                                                                 D.  When Pigs Fly? ;D
                                                                 E.  When the Fearless Nation of Coaches apply! 8)

DogsWin7

March 01, 2012, 03:27:36 pm #718 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:32:07 pm by DiehardFBfan
718 Replies!!!!!! ;D  Now I think we need to contact an Admin. of FF and ask if we can buy stock in the Waldron Head Coach Forum! ;D  With all the hit's this sucker has had we'd be rolling in cash by the end of the week!lol ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on February 20, 2012, 03:41:23 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 20, 2012, 12:09:21 pm
Quote from: iknowmorethanu on February 20, 2012, 10:23:47 am
Well guys, sorry I don't have any good news for you, but I do know who the coach won't be. Maybe yall should hang on for a rough few years of football ahead of you, at least until some things get realized and changed. Best of luck!

Well, if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.  I'm sure Waldron will not have any problems finding a coach who really truly wants the job.  It is a great opportunity for a Coach to go to Waldron and have a New Stadium, and be able to build something from there.  I think I even heard that they have future plans to build a indoor practice facility, and that would be great for a coach to get in on.  In fact, I heard that they have had someone that also has some state championships wanting to go to Waldron, and are working out the details. (rumor is) Don't quote me on that.    Wish the person u know the best of luck!   

Told ya'll Coach V. and his sources or intuition is hard to beat on here. ;)  I need to figure out how he does it.   Do u remember Coach Wagner from Mansfield in the late 50's early 60's?  Man, if he was around..........
I know a school board member...as for Wagner, I don't remember him...

any more news?  Who was the Coach that dropped out?  gotta name?

Oblivious

I saw oldman's post got really excited thought about it for a second and got depressed that it would be over. Then I read the rest of the post. Phew

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

The answer is no, I did not apply.  I am from Mena, so my wife and I discussed it, but we decided not to pursue it. 

As for the coaches who have turned it down, the only one that I had heard was Coach Perry.  And he doesn't really have an assistant that he would bring, so I don't think that was his sticking point.

Has anyone FOI'd to see who has applied? 

Hoghead

Hey I know a Bud Lite truck driver who is off on thurdays & fridays who'll take this job.

DogsWin7

March 02, 2012, 08:36:49 am #723 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:59:13 pm by DiehardFBfan
Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd......buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks..........................

Panther13 why did you have to mention Baseball season?   Can't get the song out of my head now. :P

Jalkuranis

So just where did Dayton go?!

DogsWin7

March 02, 2012, 01:00:40 pm #725 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:43:10 pm by DiehardFBfan
WALDRON  ;D

but we can't hear about it, because no one from waldron post on FF!!!! (just kidding Dayton)

I don't know where Dayton is.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Jalkuranis on March 02, 2012, 12:43:23 pm
So just where did Dayton go?!
I'm sure that ole Dayton is curled up somewhere with a good book just reading the day away...

Panther13

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2012, 08:36:49 am
Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd......buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks..........................

Panther13 why did you have to mention Baseball season?   Can't get the song out of my head now. :P

Because it is time to start watching some great high school baseball!!!!! ;D Ohh by the way does Waldron have a baseball team??? LOL ::)

Waldog

Special school meeting tonight in Waldron at 6.

Football coach?

joefootball

Yes. They have a coach. A coach from Bentonville withdrew this morning.

DogsWin7

I go over to my 5A board  an all heck's broke loose!  Who is it?

DogsWin7

Quote from: Panther13 on March 02, 2012, 03:04:39 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2012, 08:36:49 am

Because it is time to start watching some great high school baseball!!!!! ;D Ohh by the way does Waldron have a baseball team??? LOL ::)

Greenwood Diamond Dogs play Mon.5th at Siloam Springs.   GO G!

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: joefootball on March 02, 2012, 04:37:15 pm
Yes. They have a coach.
I have so many mixed emotions right now. I'm happy for Waldron for getting a coach.  I'm happy for the guy who got the job.  But I'm sad for all of us.  I really thought we might get to 23 pages before a hire was made -- that was the over/under I had set in my head when it hit like page 11 or 12.

Waldog

Shane Davis from strong. Board just voted on it.

DogsWin7

March 02, 2012, 07:11:24 pm #734 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:01:53 pm by DiehardFBfan
All good things must come to an end, but for Waldron the good has just begun.  )

Panther13

Well it seems all the "Strong" hinting was dead on!!! ;D

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Congratulations to Shane and his family.  He is a great guy and a championship coach.  I'm glad he's getting this opportunity.

Congratulations to Waldron.  I think they're going to be extremely pleased with their decision.

loyal fan

DogsWin7

Quote from: loyal fan on March 02, 2012, 08:27:54 pm
Great hire!!!
Quote from: loyal fan on December 10, 2011, 09:27:22 pm
Shane Davis from Strong may need to be looked at?

You were the 1 who suggested it to waldron ;D

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2012, 08:33:35 pm
Quote from: loyal fan on March 02, 2012, 08:27:54 pm
Great hire!!!
Quote from: loyal fan on December 10, 2011, 09:27:22 pm
Shane Davis from Strong may need to be looked at?

You were the 1 who suggested it to waldron ;D
The funny thing is that I think you're partially right...but the other way around.  Someone told Coach Davis that his name had been mentioned in connection with the Waldron job on here, so he decided to check it out.

+1 to loyal fan.  We may need to title him as FF Matchmaker :)

DogsWin7

started new forum called Waldrons road to success!

chspirates2008

now everone knows who i was talking about way to go waldron great hire

the green moose

Looks like we got hall of fame, congrats everyone lol

DogsWin7

March 16, 2012, 04:22:34 pm #743 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:24:36 pm by DiehardFBfan
AWESOME JOB WALDRON!!!!!          ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   I LOVE THE HALL OF FAME!    8)

Hoghead

Cograts to Waldron. Now what happens on the 2A page with Strong ? I know, I know.....Who cares !

DogsWin7

June 04, 2012, 01:59:22 pm #745 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:14:39 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on March 01, 2012, 09:08:55 pm
The answer is no, I did not apply.  I am from Mena, so my wife and I discussed it, but we decided not to pursue it. 

As for the coaches who have turned it down, the only one that I had heard was Coach Perry.  And he doesn't really have an assistant that he would bring, so I don't think that was his sticking point.

Has anyone FOI'd to see who has applied?

I know this is hindsite but Harrison?  You and Coach Davis could of built Waldron into a powerhouse together...........Think of the possibilities?   

I'm going to speculate that you left PA for a HC job at Harrison... The best of luck!  Harrison got a great hire too. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas