• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Coaching Changes - 2013

Started by JohnBarleycorn, November 05, 2012, 05:08:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

November 05, 2012, 05:08:54 pm Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:26:08 am by JohnBarleycorn
Updated 8/22/2013

Fort Smith Northside - Mike Falluer
Magnolia - John Panter
Alma - Doug Loughridge
LR McClellan - Maurice Moody
LR Hall - Tim Scarborough
Little Rock Christian - Jeff Weaver
Fouke - Rick Barker
Trumann - Scott Waymire
Charleston - Greg Kendrick
Mena - Tim Harper
Yellville-Summitt - Tommy Britt
Episcopal Collegiate - Ritchie Marsh
Clarendon - Thomas Thrash
Searcy - Jeremy Poole
Carlisle - Brandon Barbaree
Melbourne - Kevin McCarn
DeQueen - Justin Kramer
Elkins - Thurman Shaw
Bald Knob - Randy Johnston
Newport - Don Harrison
LR Catholic - John Fogleman
Malvern - Mike Scarborough
Berryville - Lee Atkins
Hampton - Wes Ables
West Fork - Brad Lindley
Nettleton - Steve Hampton
Star City - Jett Ferneaux
Lake Village - Andy Werb
Crossett - Sonny Nason
Mariana - Kevin Mosley
Mansfield - Brandon Elmore
Mineral Springs - Jason Burns
Riverview - Mike McCain
Foreman - Denny Cowling
Woodlawn - Zach Branch
Genoa Central - Jon Gosdin

HorseFeathers

coachsearch

Haven't seen any of these Little Rock jobs posted anywhere else, are they taking apps yet?

JohnBarleycorn

The LR Hall and LR McClellan jobs had interim coaches this past season.

RollPlayer

x14113

loyal fan

coachsearch

x14113

angrywolf

Quote from: loyal fan on December 13, 2012, 08:49:28 pm
Any talent in fouke.

Some. Hard to for them to be competitive in their conference. The beat the bottom 2 on a yearly basis. The top 5 make it hard. With the right people in place they could be competitive.

Prescott
Smackover
Fordyce
McGehee
Camden Harmony Grove
Drew Central
Genoa Central

x14113

LRC has hired Mena HC Jeff Weaver.

The carousel is in full motion...

x14113

justthrowtheball

January 09, 2013, 05:23:59 pm #13 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:26:16 am by justthrowtheball

JohnBarleycorn

I had Melbourne up, but never received confirmation it was open. I saw Cross County was, but haven't heard in a while. Asked around about Lake Village. Waiting to hear back.

justthrowtheball

Melbourne was on the AAA BOARD but has been removed

superman 11

Why have the Little Rock jobs not been posted? Maybe they are posted and I have not seen them, does anyone know what is going on. Every team on this list has jobs posted except LR, maybe that is why the district has the problems they have in Athletics. Who is in charge? Who is responsible?

slowntheMUD

LR has a hiring freeze in place. Word on the street.

loyal fan

More jobs will come open in the next couple months.  Usually a few south of Little Rock.  Especially small schools.

JohnBarleycorn

The Hall job didn't become official until the 1st week in January. Guess they like to take their time.

Busman

" Why have the Little Rock jobs not been posted? "

People do not understand how different things are in a large, unionized district that is involved in a federal court ordered desegration lawsuit. Unlike small, one high school, non-unionized districts, LRSD and PCSSD have strict collective bargaining agreements and federal court decress they must adhere to when it comes to advertising, interviewing and filling a job.  In additon, LRSD's superintendent is looking at having to make millions of dollars in funding cuts if the desegregation dollars are stopped, reduced and/or phased out.  Every penny he spends or obligates his district to spend is scrutinized by his unions, his board, the media, the attorney general's office, and the attorneys for the Joshua Intervenors.

Seriously, he may have to cut more money out of his budget in a single year then some districts have in their whole budgets. When you are facing these kind of cutbacks and possible staff reductions, a head football coaching job is not on the front burner.

superman 11

That makes since, I never thought about all that. I feel for the kids they are the ones who suffer in all that legal mess!! Thanks for the explanation

loyal fan

I would have to think Magnolia should be getting closer to finding their guy.

x14113

Ohh, we came one letter short of a Panther leading the Magnolia Panthers...

Let's see if the fans force it on him.  ;D

JohnBarleycorn

JohnBarleycorn

mrcoachceltic

Quote from: coachsearch on December 04, 2012, 11:37:19 am
Haven't seen any of these Little Rock jobs posted anywhere else, are they taking apps yet?
I spoke to the Adminstrator over Secondary Education(who actually has input in the hiring) recently.I asked why the positions for LR McClellan and LR Hall had not been posted yet.I was given the following explanation. LRSD currently has an interim Athletic Director.They are looking to hire an AD for the district before they post the two coaching vacanies.I was told it should be within the month or so when one is hired. It baffles me why an AD hasnt been hired yet or the other positions havent been posted. But if there are any questions,I would definitely contact him along with the AD's of the two schools.There have been several candidates that have expressed interest in the LR McClellan position.There is alot of talent to be competitive there. The coaching during the past decade has killed football there.Good Luck to all that are interested.

slowntheMUD

Does anyone know anything about the Trumann job yet? They started interviews two weeks ago.

Big Country

Quote from: slowntheMUD on February 15, 2013, 01:13:02 pm
Does anyone know anything about the Trumann job yet? They started interviews two weeks ago.

read the 2a board , carlisle post 

slowntheMUD

Searcy is open according to the AAEA website as of 2\19\13

JohnBarleycorn

slowntheMUD

One plus one

Do you think it will stay slow or is it going to be later before some more things open up. 

loyal fan

Quote from: slowntheMUD on February 27, 2013, 10:43:09 am
Kind of a slow year for jobs

Correct.  Should pick up soon. Spring fever.

JohnBarleycorn

slowntheMUD

Is Carlisle open officially or are they filling from within? Have not seen an official listing.

loyal fan

Quote from: slowntheMUD on March 05, 2013, 11:19:17 am
Is Carlisle open officially or are they filling from within? Have not seen an official listing.
my thoughts exactly

LionX2

Quote from: loyal fan on March 05, 2013, 11:51:39 am
my thoughts exactly

What are your thoughts

loyal fan

Quote from: LionX2 on March 06, 2013, 08:42:22 am
my thoughts exactly

What are your thoughts
none on this subject.  If they haven't posted it yet then it must be a within hire.  Carlisle is an attractive job.

LionX2

Quote from: loyal fan on March 06, 2013, 08:51:21 am
Quote from: LionX2 on March 06, 2013, 08:42:22 am
my thoughts exactly

What are your thoughts
none on this subject.  If they haven't posted it yet then it must be a within hire.  Carlisle is an attractive job.

I thought they had to post it by law?  At least on the website for the school.

loyal fan

I believe it has to be posted for 10 days?  That may mean posting only in the central office.

slowntheMUD

Why dont schools in NW Ark. post opening on this site?

fbbb22

De Queen Head football job is now open. Sam Goodwin resigned.

JohnBarleycorn

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: loyal fan on March 06, 2013, 10:39:37 am
I believe it has to be posted for 10 days?  That may mean posting only in the central office.

I think it can be posted anywhere. Meaning if they lost it in a bathroom stall it's still considered posted.

Pat Swilling

Hoghead

Quote from: angrywolf on December 14, 2012, 02:45:46 pm
Quote from: loyal fan on December 13, 2012, 08:49:28 pm
Any talent in fouke.

Some. Hard to for them to be competitive in their conference. The beat the bottom 2 on a yearly basis. The top 5 make it hard. With the right people in place they could be competitive.

Prescott
Smackover
Fordyce
McGehee
Camden Harmony Grove
Drew Central
Genoa Central
Fouke will not make the playoffs in this conference ever. That trip to Mississippi to play McGehee is crazy !!!!! Drew Central as well !!!!

Pat Swilling

AAA doesn't care about south ark schools.  I dont understand why Fouke and GC cant get in conf with Horatio, GR, Centerpoint, etc.... 

Hoghead

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 13, 2013, 10:27:46 am
AAA doesn't care about south ark schools.  I dont understand why Fouke and GC cant get in conf with Horatio, GR, Centerpoint, etc....
Exactly ! Put them in with Spring Hill, Mineral Springs, Murfreesboro and folks if they dropped down.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas