• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy HC Roddy Mote joins HU Coaching Staff

Started by Wildcatter, April 12, 2016, 05:53:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatter

Roddy Mote (93-12, two state titles at Harding Academy) joins HU staff as defensive assistant http://www.hardingsports.com/news/2016/4/12/harding-football-adds-roddy-mote-to-defensive-staff.aspx

Good luck Coach, we appreciate you coaching life and football into our boys!

WCD

Harding Academy has been blest to have great coaches in the past: Coach Barden, Coach Shoemaker and Coach Mote. I have been so impressed with the godly character of Roddy Mote over the course of his time with HA. The legacy that he leaves will be 2 State Championships and numerous conference championships but the greatest legacy that he leaves is the godly influence he has had over hundreds of young men who played for him. I watched over the years the young men that have left the program and I am impressed by their character years later. I know that the parents had the most influence in shaping their character but I know that the discipline required to play as a Harding Academy Wildcat helped shape them.

Congratulations, Coach Roddy Mote! You closed out your high school coaching on top with: 1. coaching your son his 4 years of high school, 2. coaching with your dad for many years and 3. two state championships 2012 &2015. WCD is honored to call you a friend but more importantly, a Brother in Christ.

WCD ;D

purpleswag

Beaver Fever

GotInfo?

Any idea who might get this job?  Not sure who all has ties to the school that is still coaching.

Jimbo Morphis

oasistrader

So do I-he's a great example who will be missed. 3A is blessed with numerous great coaches who are also great examples.

WPWells

Eagle20

Quote from: Beaver Fever on April 14, 2016, 08:31:03 pm
It's a private school, no one really cares.  :-\
Leave it to a Glen Rose fan to class it up a little.  This is about people and relationships.

ReddieKnightTrojan

3cats

Quote from: oasistrader on April 17, 2016, 06:16:22 pm
So do I-he's a great example who will be missed. 3A is blessed with numerous great coaches who are also great examples.
I would say both are true....

BLUEBLOOD

Didn't Foreman's head coach just go to Harding Academy to be assistant?  Maybe he falls into that job......

JackofallTrades

Better have some pretty good ties to get that job after a 1-9 season. Just saying

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: JackofallTrades on April 22, 2016, 08:37:05 am
Better have some pretty good ties to get that job after a 1-9 season. Just saying

He had some impressive success as head coach at Mobile Christian in Alabama.  One season doesn't make or break a coach, talent plays a huge role at the high school level.  There are many situations in Arkansas where coaches just aren't going to win a lot.  Same coach could go to a different school and roll out 10 win seasons like they are nothing.

I don't expect him to be the next head coach at HA, but he's had his fair share of success.

There will be a great candidate pool for this job.  Some really outstanding coaches in Church of Christ schools in Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama who will all be in play for this position.

panther07

Quote from: JackofallTrades on April 22, 2016, 08:37:05 am

Took team in mobile to quarters his last two years in public school league. His team his last year was ranked #1 in the state for a while. And played ball and GA'd at Harding. Has ties and had track record. No clue if that's who it'll be at HA or not, however.

3cats

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on April 22, 2016, 09:46:56 am
He had some impressive success as head coach at Mobile Christian in Alabama.  One season doesn't make or break a coach, talent plays a huge role at the high school level.  There are many situations in Arkansas where coaches just aren't going to win a lot.  Same coach could go to a different school and roll out 10 win seasons like they are nothing.

I don't expect him to be the next head coach at HA, but he's had his fair share of success.

There will be a great candidate pool for this job.  Some really outstanding coaches in Church of Christ schools in Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama who will all be in play for this position.
any idea who is in that pool??

Lions84

Good move for Harding Bison and tough break for the HA Wildcats.

PWDad

As a fan of a team that played them, his team was impressive to watch. They were always in shape, skilled, but most impressive was sportsmanship. They would de-cleat a player, then either walk away or help them up. There was no bad attitude from them.
I am going to miss watching them play Vilonia this fall.

OB11

I thought I saw on Twitter that Harding hired someone to be the new head coach.  Anyone got any info on the new hire?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas