• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey, Macadochis

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, January 08, 2016, 07:07:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

How is Hunter coming along after his surgery?

Coach Jones

Dr says he is ahead of schedule.  He goes back in a couple weeks and should be released to do some jogging, and light leg excercises.  Shooting for full release around March/April time frame.

macadoshis

He starts an intense non weight bearing workout plan tomorrow.  Light jogging next week. And gets fitted for football brace in five weeks.  Several schools wanna see him in person to see if his speed comes back after the recovery before they offer.  He's going to Memphis this weekend. They are showing alot of interest.  Some of the other bigger schools are looking at him at fullback as well as linebacker.  He doesn't have a preference.  Just wants an opportunity to play. 

Black and Gold

It's nice to see a kid who is selfless and just wants to play. Hoping he has a 100% recovery.

macadoshis

Quote from: Black and Gold on January 11, 2016, 05:55:49 pm
It's nice to see a kid who is selfless and just wants to play. Hoping he has a 100% recovery.
Thank you for the kind words B&G.

adaptedtigerfan

Kind words....  B&G must be from Charleston too...   Seems that's all that's in Charleston wouldn't you say Mac? 

macadoshis

I definitely can't disagree there. 

AlumniLights

I never understood how those doctors and PT's can get a guy ready so quickly after an injury like that, but it also has a lot to do with how bad the kid wants to recover. Best of luck to him! From what i've heard he's got what it takes. Head down eyes up!

Lineman

I believe recovery has a lot to do with the individual. My dad had a total knee replacement & never fully recovered & a neighbor had the same replacement & is better than ever. Keep working HD. 

macadoshis

Thanks guys. He's a good kid and works hard.  He comes in and works out before school and has been able to start throwing to receivers in the afternoon so he's pretty excited. 

macadoshis

Memphis visit went well.  He enjoyed everything about it.  Campus and facilities are super nice.  Foods good too lol.

Black and Gold

macadoshis

Longfellow

Food must be at least half of Memphis' recruiting pitch. I can just imagine a coach like, "yea we've been a pretty bad team for the last 10 years, but have you tried our barbecue?" It'd be a big sell for me

WPWells

I'd gain so much weight if I lived in Memphis

Clara Allen

Walking in Memphis
Walking with my feet 10 feet of of Beale.....

I'd drive to Memphis to watch the boy play.   Fayettevilles closer......

macadoshis

Arkansas is showing very little love.  He wants to play somewhere he feels wanted.  Ole Miss and Auburn are moving up the ladder for sure. 

BUCK FEVER

Wishing him the best, I thought he was one of the best in the state last year after we played y'all,, he will do well some where.

Clara Allen

Oxfords a short drive.  And there are Lamar people close by....

adaptedtigerfan

If Ole Miss or Auburn offer....  Just bet the farm that UofA will be right behind them.

Longfellow

Is he getting more interest at FB or LB?

jr17

Wishing the best for this kid. Only have seen him once in Sr high, but watched him play twice in Jr high and could tell the kid was going to be great. Best of luck and a full recovery HD.

macadoshis

Quote from: Longfellow on January 18, 2016, 09:38:49 am
Is he getting more interest at FB or LB?
All depends on where his speed is this summer. If he stays in the 4.7's then FB. If he can get to the 4.6 range then LB is a definite possibility.  Doesn't matter to him really.  I told him to get to the 4.5's and not worry about it lol

Black and Gold

Be a two way player and do whatever you want ;)

OLDSCHOOL82

Is he as tall as he's gonna get?  Did they look at the growth plates during all the mris/etc and give you any info?

macadoshis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 19, 2016, 06:42:55 pm
Is he as tall as he's gonna get?  Did they look at the growth plates during all the mris/etc and give you any info?
He still had room to grow a couple more inches. 

macadoshis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 18, 2016, 09:34:31 am
If Ole Miss or Auburn offer....  Just bet the farm that UofA will be right behind them.
If Arkansas offers simply because two conference schools offer, I think he'll go with who is showing him the most that they want him there.  That's his #1 thing.  He wants to go where he feels wanted. 

adaptedtigerfan

It just takes someone to hop on board and others just follow suit.    You need someone to pull the trigger.

macadoshis

I'm taking a hiatus from everything High School sports.  Stepping back and letting someone else handle things for a while.  Hunter is continuing to do well on his road to recovery and if he chooses to pursue playing at the next level, I'll be there to support him.  I may or may not be back on here this fall.  Good luck to all teams in their off season and upcoming seasons.

macadoshis

Gets fitted for football brace a week from today and looking to be fully released in 2-3 weeks.  Just in time for a little baseball and a heavy summer camp schedule. 

Lineman

Are you guys doing any 7 on 7 this summer?

macadoshis

Quote from: Lineman on February 09, 2016, 10:21:57 am
Are you guys doing any 7 on 7 this summer?
Haven't heard anything about any tournaments or anything.  We go to Tech every Monday evening while they have it.

RTF

Good luck to your kid, praying for a full recovery.

macadoshis

Update on Hunter.  He is running now and next week will be cutting and jumping.  Goal date for 100% release is March 15.  That will give him two full month's to get ready for camps and combines.  Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and continued prayers during this process. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Is he trying to play any baseball?

xadboy

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on March 23, 2016, 03:56:38 pm
Is he trying to play any baseball?
Yes he's going to play baseball this year.

macadoshis

He's been fully released and doing well in baseball so far, although the team is struggling mightily.  He'll play a full legion schedule this summer along with hitting camps every weekend starting mid May so should keep us pretty busy.  But what else would I rather be doing than watching him compete.... Nothing. 
Thanks for all the prayers and we'll wishes.  It means alot to both him and me.

Lineman

Good to hear. We'll see you guys on Oct. 14.

macadoshis

Spring ball going well.  Alot to replace but alot to choose from also.  Hunters doing well.  No contact during the week.  Well limited I'd say.  He informs me he can't go all spring and not hit somebody.  Spring game on the 20th and combine the next day.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I hear you had some pretty good numbers out in spring.

macadoshis

Anyehere from 50-53 everyday so far.  A few that only played one sport last year came out and will be big contributors this fall. 

Coach Jones

He looked quicker yesterday than he has since the injury.  He has been a full participant in all contact. 

Numbers are up.  We had 32 last year and are around 50 right now.  I'm sure a few of them might fall to the side along the way, between grades and other factors.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas