• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lineman

Thanks blue. That dynasty one looks even better with chucktown sitting at 24.

adaptedtigerfan

😂😂😂😂😬. I m dieing over here , Lineman.   

WonderWartHawg

Things are a little different in 3A.  Rison bumped up to there for a couple of cycles.  Things were a little tougher especially come playoff time, especially when you go from being one of the biggest in your classification to one of the smallest in your new one.

The teams you are facing are likely to have more depth, and fewer players playing both ways.
They are likely to have a little more size as well.

JC will still win games in 3A, just as Rison did - but the road to Little Rock is a little rougher.

thabeast428

Jc has had just as many if not more than most 3a schools anyways, so I don't think that will be the problem.

AirWarren

Quote from: thabeast428 on May 15, 2016, 04:12:23 pm
Jc has had just as many if not more than most 3a schools anyways, so I don't think that will be the problem.

Thanks to Louisiana.

thabeast428

Here we go again lol but really u should just worry about warren and 4a

AirWarren

Quote from: thabeast428 on May 15, 2016, 07:03:50 pm
Here we go again lol but really u should just worry about warren and 4a

I'm just teasing. I think it's good for JC and 3A football. I'll be watching out for you guys this year. Should be fun.

thabeast428

Haha yea it will definitely be a fun year I'm sure especially with the longer drives ha! But I believe Jc will hold their own in 3a. I wish Carpenter would hit Bo up bout a nonconference game but heard Carpenter wouldn't accept Bo's offer a few years ago

AirWarren

Be a great south ark matchup. Let's have it at SAU or UAM!

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea that would be a good match up, be a huge crowd in the stands to

Monsta

Just ready to watch jc show everybody no matter were they are at 3A or 2A The Out come is going to be the same and they will be playing in December for the title like normal and their is nothing smackover Charleston or Harding academy can do that can stop them.. tbh i want jc and harding in the final game so jc and finally shut everyone in 3A up and show Harding that jc one of the best teams in 3A and that they are winning cause they are not playing nobody good in the finals.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on May 19, 2016, 11:36:59 am
Just ready to watch jc show everybody no matter were they are at 3A or 2A The Out come is going to be the same and they will be playing in December for the title like normal and their is nothing smackover Charleston or Harding academy can do that can stop them.. tbh i want jc and harding in the final game so jc and finally shut everyone in 3A up and show Harding that jc one of the best teams in 3A and that they are winning cause they are not playing nobody good in the finals.
When you are good you yell and scream and tell everyone how good you are. When you are great they will tell you.

Monsta

Well jc is great or y'all wouldn't have started this whole conversation about them. or talk about them at all nobody cared when harmony grove came up to 3A but when Jc comes up it A Whole dispute about every thing can you not accept the fact that they are great. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on May 19, 2016, 12:01:30 pm
Well jc is great or y'all wouldn't have started this whole conversation about them. or talk about them at all nobody cared when harmony grove came up to 3A but when Jc comes up it A Whole dispute about every thing can you not accept the fact that they are great. 
I cared when harmony grove moved up and I have no dispute. I have no doubt Junction will be very good. Just not convinced they will be great every year like in 2a.

KOJACK

Holy Mackerel

Jimbo Morphis

Black and Gold

I'm just gonna save this post. I can't wait for JC to drop the ball so we can remember this

Monsta

The only time jc will be dropping the ball is in the touchdown after we score.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on May 20, 2016, 11:31:16 am
in the touchdown?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on May 20, 2016, 08:41:31 am
you think his arm is sore?

No momma made him a sandwich and a plate of chips for him to warm up his arms with before he started typing. He was warmed up.

Lineman

I think someone "dropped the ball" in English class.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lineman on May 20, 2016, 02:24:09 pm
I think someone "dropped the ball" in English class.
Them lsu boys aint worried about no English class. they study humility and winning with class.

Lineman

Could be something wrong with his medulla oblongata.

Black and Gold

Ain't no reading helped nobody no never

Monsta

An I thought kids were immature... Hmh it goes to show you when you have lost the battle you take it to another  subject grow up and take your rear whooping like a man

AirWarren

Quote from: Monsta on May 20, 2016, 10:00:27 pm
An I thought kids were immature... Hmh it goes to show you when you have lost the battle you take it to another  subject grow up and take your rear whooping like a man

"An" rear whooping like this one below?

Lineman

What battle?  What whooping?  I'm just bored waiting on Aug 30.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lineman on May 20, 2016, 10:20:11 pm
What battle?  What whooping?  I'm just bored waiting on Aug 30.

Battle of the thumbs and an iPhone.

amehr36

Will the Dragons win 6 titles in 13 years like they did in 2A? No. Will they compete and win one or two? Depends on how long they are in 3A. Playoffs every year though. Yearly top 4-6 team.

WPWells

Quote from: amehr36 on May 21, 2016, 05:39:15 pm
Will the Dragons win 6 titles in 13 years like they did in 2A? No. Will they compete and win one or two? Depends on how long they are in 3A. Playoffs every year though. Yearly top 4-6 team.

This! They'll be very very good, but any JC fan who thinks they'll dominate the 3A year in and year out like they did in the 2A is kidding themselves

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: amehr36 on May 21, 2016, 05:39:15 pm
. You will be in 3A for one cycle. Numbers show that you will be dropping back down to 2A in 2018.

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 21, 2016, 08:34:42 pm
. You will be in 3A for one cycle. Numbers show that you will be dropping back down to 2A in 2018.

Oh ok. Well we will hope for the split. Ha. I can see winning 1 in 2 years.

Lumberjackfan1978

They want be in the finals every year

Ventman

Quote from: Lineman on May 20, 2016, 06:54:05 pm
Could be something wrong with his medulla oblongata.
😂😂😂

cuz

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: unbiased_fan on May 23, 2016, 03:22:34 pm
I've heard just the opposite

There is a difference in hearing and actually seeing the numbers...

young_gun

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 25, 2016, 04:41:54 pm
There is a difference in hearing and actually seeing the numbers...

Thats impressive you've seen the number for all 2A and 3A teams in 2018.

bleudog

May 26, 2016, 05:49:02 pm #237 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:38:41 pm by bleudog
Junction is the smallest public school in the upcoming 3A group.  AAA has JC with an average of 62 students in the three grades counted.  JC's class average for the 7-12 grades has pretty constantly been around 53-58.  I think I counted 54 at the last graduation.  My guess is there are a couple of larger classes in the 9-10-11 that were used for the 2016-2018 the calculation. 

High School (7-12)

Fall 2012 – 344
Fall 2013 – 338
Fall 2014 – 340
Fall 2015 - 341 (Arkansas – 266  Louisiana – 75

The class average in elementary is even smaller (I think this is K-6).

Elementary

October 2013: 285 (AR. 259; LA. 26)
October 2014: 340 (AR. 266; LA. 74)
October 2015: 319 (AR. 240; LA. 79)

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2015-2016/ADMIN/2015-2016%20Junction%20City%20School%20District%20Annual%20Report%20to%20Public.pdf

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-18_Classification_Numbers.pdf

Obviously there could be some 3A schools that have even lower junior high/elementary numbers than JC causing the cutoff number to be lower; but if I were a betting man, which I'm not, I would think JC's trip to 3A will be a brief visit.

Proud Buckaroo

May 26, 2016, 11:26:22 pm #238 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:37:11 am by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: young_gun on May 26, 2016, 01:32:29 pm
Thats impressive you've seen the number for all 2A and 3A teams in 2018.

Junction City was one student away from staying in 2A. Looking at their average class numbers... Which Bleu has stated above. It will be a brief visit. You seemed to have misunderstood my posts. I guess I should have clarified that I have seen their average numbers.

thabeast428

Say some kids transfer to junction then what? Do the numbers get recorded every year? I was jw didn't know exactly how that worked

bleudog

May 27, 2016, 03:07:54 pm #240 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:20:41 pm by bleudog
Quote from: thabeast428 on May 27, 2016, 06:28:27 am
Say some kids transfer to junction then what? Do the numbers get recorded every year? I was jw didn't know exactly how that worked

This is a little dated, but probably is not materially different than the system in place now.

http://arkedu.state.ar.us/commemos/static/fy0607/3395.html

Basically reporting multiple times a year to come up with an average attendance for that year.

The AAA uses the Arkansas Department of Education data base.

Beardad

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 21, 2016, 06:42:46 pm
This! They'll be very very good, but any JC fan who thinks they'll dominate the 3A year in and year out like they did in the 2A is kidding themselves
Although I do not see it happening, I hope JC runs off a string of 28 wins over the next 2 years just to make the naysayers eat crow.  It'd be enjoyable from my perspective: although, again, I do not see that happening.

You only drop the ball in the touchdown after you helmet the defense just prior to field goaling the thirdary for a six pack with an endzone.  Eighth Down FTW

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on May 23, 2016, 06:53:30 pm
They want be in the finals every year
I want be an astronaut when I grow up

#4 Junction City is not growing, so they'll be 2A before you know it.  About like Harmony Grove's stint.  And contrary to popular belief, the number of kids on the sideline has nothing to do with what classification the school plays in.  Heck, Junction City players looked to average 6' 2" 230 lbs two years ago..... this did not allow them to make the jump to playing in the GAC.

THA TRUTH

Junction has a possible move in coming that could change them from competing for conference title to dominating and possibly a state title

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 15, 2016, 11:23:27 am
Junction has a possible move in coming that could change them from competing for conference title to dominating and possibly a state title
shocked I say, shocked.

RTF

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 15, 2016, 11:23:27 am

pssshhh.. Charleston will see your "move-in" with their "move-ins" anytime.

Lineman

Quote from: RTF on June 15, 2016, 03:22:16 pm
Nah. All our rent houses are full.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: RTF on June 15, 2016, 03:22:16 pm

8)

BigBrother

Truth been jock sniffing again.

BigBrother

Truths source is huggy bear lol

THA TRUTH

Facebook is the source of all sources

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas