• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFSEASON: What offense would you run?

Started by AlumniLights, December 15, 2015, 07:13:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your style?

Run Heavy
14 (31.1%)
Pass Happy
7 (15.6%)
Balanced Run
24 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

minerjack

Early on the formation was veer because veer was only run from the pro formation (being split backs).  Although, the inventor of the veer, Bill Yeoman, never called the formation veer. He had color names for his formations. Red, Brown, ect. The veer formation was only called veer by critics and other coaches who never ran the veer.

minerjack

Then they started running veer from the wishbone. Which evolved into the flexbone because you flex the two tailbacks out.

minerjack

Now no one calls anything a veer formation. Veer is a broad term and is run from multiple formations as a play.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 18, 2015, 01:48:40 pm
Now no one calls anything a veer formation. Veer is a broad term and is run from multiple formations as a play.

The veer has evolved into a blocking scheme where linemen "block down and kick out"

ReddieKnightTrojan

As opposed to zone blocking where linemen double team DLs into LBs

minerjack

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 18, 2015, 01:52:44 pm

The veer has evolved into a blocking scheme where linemen "block down and kick out"
That's what it's always been is a blocking scheme. It's for the tackle who you're trying to run right outside of. He steps inside avoiding or veering away from the first man outside him and blocking down and up to backer.

minerjack

If you're running OV you're running off the TE.

minerjack

I meant to say no one calls anything a veer formation anymore.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 01:20:32 pm
Ha.  You are no longer worth the strain on my feeble fingers to type responses.  Best of luck in life.  Your a gem.

You're***

Run along pal. You've been dismissed.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 18, 2015, 01:46:55 pm
Early on the formation was veer because veer was only run from the pro formation (being split backs).  Although, the inventor of the veer, Bill Yeoman, never called the formation veer. He had color names for his formations. Red, Brown, ect. The veer formation was only called veer by critics and other coaches who never ran the veer.

Split back was called Houston Veer. Yeoman was the first to run this formation like you stated.

The name has since changed to Split Back but it was originally called Houston Veer.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 18, 2015, 01:59:19 pm
I meant to say no one calls anything a veer formation anymore.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you played for Coach Watson. You've participated in a little veer here and there

ReddieKnightTrojan

I can't believe the veer was named after Houston Nutt. I guess it's true...you learn something every day.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 01:02:41 pm
Everyone be real quiet and maybe hawk will think we are gone and go back to the 2A boards.

Don't worry he's down there basking in the glory if his school beating Hackett and hector 4 years ago....think he was on here earlier this year anonymously bashing his schools head cosch from behind a screen...

Longfellow

What we have learned on this thread:

1. We all gameplan on Madden and NCAA

2. We have different terminology for the I formation

3. What is and is not a triple option is up for debate

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2015, 02:22:27 pm
Everyone be real quiet and maybe hawk will think we are gone and go back to the 2A boards.

Don't worry he's down there basking in the glory if his school beating Hackett and hector 4 years ago....think he was on here earlier this year anonymously bashing his schools head cosch from behind a screen...

^ He is a quality poster.  Very solid.  I would be angry too if I was from Dierks. 

nastynice

Quote from: Stewie on December 18, 2015, 02:29:08 pm
4. Ball Hawk is a blowhard clown
When we're talking veer and read options, I'm putting my money on OLDSCHOOL all day long.

OLDSCHOOL vs Ballhawk.........welllllll let me think!

OLDSCHOOL ALL DAY LONG!!! ;D

Ball Hawk

what in the world are you talking about ya band nerd

Ball Hawk

Look clown, I don't know why are you mad at me. You chose to live in your parents house at the age of 50. The virgin part, well you can't help.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 02:35:14 pm

^ He is a quality poster.  Very solid.  I would be angry too if I was from Dierks.

1. not from Dierks, lol.

2. I dismissed you already peasant. Run along and learn.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 18, 2015, 02:40:43 pm

What in the world are you talking about ya band nerd?

FIFY

OLDSCHOOL82

December 18, 2015, 02:44:17 pm #121 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:45:49 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 18, 2015, 02:41:36 pm

Look clown, I don't know why are you mad at me. You chose to live in your parents house at the age of 50. The virgin part, well you can't help.

Can't figure out if your first sentence is a statement or a question by your word usage and punctuation.  Would you like to enlighten us as to the origin of the statement/question sentence such as that?

Ball Hawk

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 02:44:17 pm

Can't figure out if your first sentence is a statement or a question by your word usage and punctuation.

Don't get in a English battle with me grandpa....heck you misused You're and Your earlier.....

Dismiss yourself peasant.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ Nope.... I did that completely on purpose to slow the sentence down so you could hear every individual word.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 02:47:20 pm
^ Nope.... I did that completely on purpose to slow the sentence down so you could hear every individual word.

L. O. L

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 02:47:20 pm
He reads out loud to himself!!😝😝

ReddieKnightTrojan

ooo I didn't see the triple option. It's obviously a play that gives the offense 3 options to choose from.
I just ended my sentence in a preposition and I'm not changing it. SO to sevenof400
fullback dive, QB keeper off tackle, pitch is the most common triple option
fb dive, QB keep, pass in the flat is very popular these days

WPWells

I'm 21 and don't live with my parents. Try again, clown

Black and Gold

RPO and triple option are not the same. Triple option is a term geared towards the midline and veer type runs.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Stewie on December 18, 2015, 04:01:03 pm
I'm 21 and don't live with my parents. Try again, clown

Good try bozo. I know you are a 50 year old virgin living in your parents basement screaming, "MA, THE MEATLOAF!!"

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 04:34:04 pm
RPO and triple option are not the same. Triple option is a term geared towards the midline and veer type runs.

Another moron. RPO is triple option from the spread. Get a clue and get out of Arkansas high school football. They have tons of coaching clinics around the country. Go learn something dude.

Black and Gold

Ball Hawk

Black and Gold

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 18, 2015, 02:44:17 pm

Can't figure out if your first sentence is a statement or a question by your word usage and punctuation.  Would you like to enlighten us as to the origin of the statement/question sentence such as that?
It's the new RPO sentence I'm hearing about! Gives you 3 options on how to word it! You almost can't be wrong. Unless...

WPWells

Yeah, you can learn how to run the 5-wide triple option ::)

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Stewie on December 18, 2015, 04:43:01 pm
Yeah, you can learn how to run the 5-wide triple option ::)

Stewie is 21 years old.....has 11,400 posts on here..LOL

That's the best joke I've ever heard. LOL!!!!!

Black and Gold

So is "RPO and triple option are the same"

Paperman

RTF

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 17, 2015, 03:20:49 pm
Stewie is the name of a 50 year old virgin......not made up by any TV commentators

Must be a lot of 50yr old virgins in Fearless considering he didn't pickout his own name

Black and Gold

Ball Hawk, try playing on a higher difficulty and see if you have any success. Freshman never poses a challenge.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 04:45:54 pm
So is "RPO and triple option are the same"

Your lack of football knowledge is hilarious kid.

Black and Gold

If you're so superior, why are you still arguing with us?

Black and Gold

First you call you call Stewie a 50 year old virgin, then you call me kid. You're 0 for 2 so far

purpleswag

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 18, 2015, 04:38:11 pm
Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 04:34:04 pm

Another moron. RPO is triple option from the spread. Get a clue and get out of Arkansas high school football. They have tons of coaching clinics around the country. Go learn something dude.

No it isn't. My alma-mater is power run all the way and we had Run Pass Options on our roll out passes.

Not saying that some schools don't use it as a sort of triple option but that's not what RPO means

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 05:26:37 pm

I find humor in your ignorance. I can't lie.

Quote from: purpleswag on December 18, 2015, 05:32:40 pm

No it isn't. My alma-mater is power run all the way and we had Run Pass Options on our roll out passes.

Not saying that some schools don't use it as a sort of triple option but that's not what RPO means

That's cool story bro. RPO's have nothing to do with roll out passes. Thanks for trying.

Black and Gold

Heads up Ball Hawk, if you ever decide to become an OC, it helps to know offense.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 05:51:51 pm
Heads up Ball Hawk, if you ever decide to become an OC, it helps to know offense.

Heads up kid, you don't know football.

Black and Gold

December 18, 2015, 06:24:34 pm #147 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:40:03 pm by Black and Gold
Heads up, you're fun to troll😂

purpleswag

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 18, 2015, 05:44:34 pm
Quote from: Black and Gold on December 18, 2015, 05:26:37 pm

I find humor in your ignorance. I can't lie.

Quote from: purpleswag on December 18, 2015, 05:32:40 pm

That's cool story bro. RPO's have nothing to do with roll out passes. Thanks for trying.

So what do they have to do with?

Black and Gold

They're not called triple option for a reason, because they're RPO.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas