• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A All State Selections

Started by Wheels, December 14, 2015, 10:14:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Football/All_State/FOOTBALL_AllState_2015.pdf

3A 1
L Dalton Anglin Green Forest
B Cole Self Greenland
B Alex Sizemore Greenland
L Matthew Brayles Mountain View
B Brayden Burnett West Fork
L Preston Russell West Fork
B Colton Wise West Fork
L Freddie Nieto Yellville

3A 2
L Austin Dobbs Atkins
L Hayden Evans Bald Knob
B DeShawn Gulledge Bald Knob
B Cameron Anderson Barton
B Alex Francis Harding Academy
L Ty Mote Harding Academy
B Jamarcus Arnold Marianna Lee
L Braylen Carter Mayflower

3A 3
B Zack Powell Cedar Ridge
L Dylan Cheatham Hoxie
B James Johnson Hoxie
L Seth Wagner Hoxie
L Tavion Bass Osceola
B Brenden Parker Osceola
B Cecil Langston Rivercrest
L Bradon Wilson Rivercrest

3A 4
L Chase Bine Charleston
B Jamey Holbrook Danville
B Jake Madding Danville
L Joran Sullivan Danville
L Rhett Sullivan Danville
B Dusty Wilkins Lamar
B Nate Davidson Paris
L Sam Parham Paris

3A 5
B Allie Freeman Episcopal Collegiate
L Kelvin Robinson Episcopal Collegiate
B Jordan Johnson Glen Rose
L Britt Matlock Glen Rose
B Jon Johnson Harmony Grove, Haskell
L Dante Jones Horatio
L Maleric Butler Prescott
B Trevor Pipkin Prescott

3A 6
B Jakeymes Gates Fordyce
L Tommy Tidwell Fordyce
L Grant Burns Fouke
B Jarrot Easley Fouke
B Charles Parham Harmony Grove, Camden
L Trevor Eppinette Smackover
L Read Mullins Smackover
L Keiandre Purifoy Smackover

CoolBreeze

Interesting that the state champions and runners up got only 2 selections each, along with Prescott and Glen Rose, while lesser teams (I do not include Smackover in this category) got three and even four.

WPWells

Danville took HA down to the wire

GoDawgs

100% because of the weather. I was at the game and the weather played a 100% roll in the score of the game. Not coming from a Harding fan either.

Jimbo Morphis

adaptedtigerfan

He didn't have the ole' pigskin in his hands enough, Oldman.

And Charleston only had 2 last year when they won it all.

BUCK FEVER

i WILL GO AHEAD AND APPROVE IT. ;D ;D

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2015, 02:17:52 pm

U ARE RIGHT .

adaptedtigerfan

I can't believe you actually agreed with me BF.

BUCK FEVER

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2015, 02:13:57 pm
no Jordan jones?
Yep.  That's interesting.  He should be on there in an "athlete" position if nothing else? 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on December 14, 2015, 09:26:31 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2015, 08:59:08 pm
I can't believe you actually agreed with me BF.

FOR ONCE U MADE SENSE.
it's what I've been saying for 3 years.

AlumniLights

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 14, 2015, 02:17:52 pm

I just can't understand why an athlete of that caliber only touches the rock a few times a game. Shame shame shame.

Carljung

December 15, 2015, 09:17:39 am #13 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:22:39 am by Carljung
Because they can't pass...and too hard headed to do something different. On a side note I'm surprised Brandon Walker of Prescott didn't make it. Also the 6 is the only conference with 5 linemen and 3 backs making it. All the others were 4 and 4

adaptedtigerfan

I gave #Smackover the keys to the Championship right after we played them in the finals last year...   They chose not to listen.

You make Jones your QB and Purifoy or Dewayne the back. You run the midline and read plays all day long for 10 yds+ a play.  That's just easy.. 

young_gun

Quote from: GoDawgs on December 14, 2015, 02:01:18 pm
100% because of the weather. I was at the game and the weather played a 100% roll in the score of the game. Not coming from a Harding fan either.

The weather hampered Danville as well that night. The running game got going but because our qb couldn't throw it at all they had 9 or 10 sometimes in the box leaving our outside receivers uncovered. I don't know how Francis was able to throw it so well but he did an amazing job. Danville was so good at the run all year that it opened up play action passes. There were a couple times they tried play action passes and had guys wide open and just couldn't throw the ball. Weather or not Danville would have been right there with Harding.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 15, 2015, 09:48:00 am
I gave #Smackover the keys to the Championship right after we played them in the finals last year...   They chose not to listen.

You make Jones your QB and Purifoy or Dewayne the back. You run the midline and read plays all day long for 10 yds+ a play.  That's just easy..

THERE WERE SOME THINGS I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY AS WELL.....BUT THE COACHES BANNED ME FROM THE PRACTICE FIELD 3 YEARS AGO.........

Lineman

That's because they couldn't get anything done, you kept taking selfies with all the players. JK

seeya

Quote from: young_gun on December 16, 2015, 10:33:17 am
Quote from: GoDawgs on December 14, 2015, 02:01:18 pm

The weather hampered Danville as well that night. The running game got going but because our qb couldn't throw it at all they had 9 or 10 sometimes in the box leaving our outside receivers uncovered. I don't know how Francis was able to throw it so well but he did an amazing job. Danville was so good at the run all year that it opened up play action passes. There were a couple times they tried play action passes and had guys wide open and just couldn't throw the ball. Weather or not Danville would have been right there with Harding.
Danville relied on read option and misdirection plays . So it took away a lot when their running back went out just before halftime with concussion .

cdelaney

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on December 14, 2015, 08:18:23 pm
i WILL GO AHEAD AND APPROVE IT. ;D ;D
Congrats to your grandson. He deserves it. Will he be playing somewhere next year? If so I hope there is a college version of FF so we can follow your posts.
Or maybe yall can workout one of those package recruiting deals where he's a linebacker and you're the OC.

cdelaney

Quote from: Carljung on December 15, 2015, 09:17:39 am
Because they can't pass...and too hard headed to do something different. On a side note I'm surprised Brandon Walker of Prescott didn't make it. Also the 6 is the only conference with 5 linemen and 3 backs making it. All the others were 4 and 4
Yeah but in the 5 they have Robinson listed as a lineman.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Can a junior be selected? That's the only reason I can see why BHG and Horatio have someone selected and Centerpoint's QB, who led them to the second round of the STATE playoffs, wasn't selected for ALL STATE.

Wheels

Yes juniors can be selected Freeman, Pipkin and Johnson were All-state last year as juniors.

Longfellow

Not all good players get selected all-state. My senior year, a teammate of mine lead all classifications in tackles and wasn't named all-state

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Longfellow on December 18, 2015, 03:01:05 pm
Not all good players get selected all-state. My senior year, a teammate of mine lead all classifications in tackles and wasn't named all-state

That just waters everything down...I'm disappointed.

Wheels

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 18, 2015, 03:03:16 pm

That just waters everything down...I'm disappointed.

5-3A was loaded with good skill players this year making it tough on the coaches selecting players. All-state selections are done prior to the start of the playoffs and unfortunately playoff results/performances "good or bad" has no effect on the selection.

ReddieKnightTrojan

There's always next year. Centerpoint only graduated 4 starters.

Wheels

Owens should be one of the top players in the 5-3A returning.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Wheels on December 18, 2015, 03:23:54 pm
Owens should be one of the top players in the 5-3A returning.

I just hope they beat Prescott.

bleudog

December 20, 2015, 08:51:11 pm #29 Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:53:47 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2015, 02:13:57 pm
no Jordan jones?

For an EDNT article on Jones' absence:  CLICK HERE

Proud Buckaroo

Two coaches in our conference voted Jones at #11.

PA Dad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 20, 2015, 09:04:33 pm
Two coaches in our conference voted Jones at #11.

Excuse me while I say that's ridiculous.

WPWells

Who are the two coaches being referenced?

Black and Gold

In response to PA Dad, I think that's fair because the coaches never got him the ball enough to be too much of an impact player. Now for his skill level he should most certainly be higher.

WPWells

If you look at it that way, though, his impact was the fact that he occupied the other team's best corner and probably a safety as well which gave other teams the opportunity to make plays

PA Dad

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 20, 2015, 09:43:48 pm
In response to PA Dad, I think that's fair because the coaches never got him the ball enough to be too much of an impact player. Now for his skill level he should most certainly be higher.

How do you determine to whom to award the honor?  Most value to the team?  Best at his position?  Can you think of any criterion by which he didn't deserve it?

I can't.  Certainly nothing, except jealousy or spite, which would justify putting him at 11th.

Black and Gold

I'm certainly not jealous at all, I think he's a great guy and player. However if you put him in a more pass oriented offense, you'd see him much higher.

Proud Buckaroo

December 21, 2015, 12:20:56 am #37 Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:26:39 am by Proud Buckaroo
He had 700 yards recieving. And 1000 yards all purpose. I still think that's quality stats. Yes, we could have used him more. We have all said that all year long. The same thing happened to Willie Davis. He was #1 leader in the state with tackles at his position and #4 overall in the state. He wasn't on the list. That's just how it is. It's politics.

For example: Elmo Hempstead.

ETA: I worded that wrong.

Black and Gold

Definitely agree with you PB. Willie and Elmo should have both been on the list. I am happy to see Elmo will be in the Razorback Red next year!

AlumniLights

Strickland knows what he should have done with Jones. The kid needed to touch the ball EVERY play in some way. I hate to see that caliber of talent not get the recognition for what he can do and what we have all seen him do.

Headhunter15

Willie Davis from smackover. 120+ tackles and according to max preps he's number 1 in tackles and number 4 in solo tackles. But no all state...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 22, 2015, 08:23:24 pm

Willie Davis from smackover. 120+ tackles and according to max preps he's number 1 in tackles and number 4 in solo tackles. But no all state...

Number one at tackles at his NG spot in state and #4 all time tackler in the state.

SWARK16

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 20, 2015, 09:35:32 pm
Who are the two coaches being referenced?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

BUCK FEVER

January 07, 2016, 08:50:04 am #43 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:49:45 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2015, 09:06:45 pm
Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 22, 2015, 08:23:24 pm

Number one at tackles at his NG spot in state and #4 all time tackler in the state.

I have tried to stay out of this conversation.......but it has been thrown up in my face more than once, so I will make one final comment on the smackover all-state defensive selections..not taking anything away from Willie being a good player, we all know he is.....but when other coaches are making selections and looking at films they take in account (or should) the entire picture....yes Willie had 148 tackles....Trevor had 141 tackles..............here is THE BIG PICTURE.....during those 8 blow-out wins.....TREVOR and PURIFOY..was on the bench at halftime and played 2 quarter games (8 times)...while Willie stayed in those games and continued to play defense the 3 rd quarter  then out the 4th.......(I NOTICE THINGS LIKE THAT)......PLUS willie played 75 percent of the season at linebacker and 25% of the season at d-line................TREVOR played just the oppocent
....75%of the season on d-line and 25% of the season at linebacker and played 8 LESS defensive quarters than willie...............................FLIP THAT..PUT TREVOR AT LINEBACKER FOR 75 % OF THE SEASON (not being doubled teamed on the line).........give him 8 more quarters of PLAYING TIME....and he ends up with 200 plus tackles.....NUFF SAID....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas