• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goblin Football

Started by Gob-Fan, July 23, 2015, 10:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gob-Fan

I know many starters have left but what are some bright spots we have to look forward to this year? Can't wait for Goblin football!

MDXPHD

Being in the West without Alma and Greenwood.

Also, both boys and girls soccer. Baseball too.

PrivateLesson

Where is Go Postal??   

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 24, 2015, 09:40:45 am
Where is Go Postal??

Oh yeah, you have him to look forward to. He will let you know about all of their sports and how you guys will be in each one.

PrivateLesson

Go Postal does a great job.   I wish Harritown still played Alma and Greenwood.   Many posters on here have great and rather interesting discussions!  :)

It looks like The Airedales will return next year, tho!  :)

The Future

July 24, 2015, 12:00:55 pm #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:02:56 pm by The Future
Harrison Schedule

at Mountain Home W
Siloam Springs L
at Alma L
at Maumelle L
LRC L
Morrilton L
at Clarksville W
at Greenbrier W
Vilonia W
at Farmington W

Harrison starts conference play at 1-2 and hits a roadblock with 3 consecutive losses before finishing out the season with 4 straight wins, 2 of which over Brier and Vtown, and ends the regular season at 5-5, 4-3 and enough for possibly a 4th seed.

What would be Harrison's biggest win? At Maumelle. Taking down defending West champs in week one of conference play would be a huge momentum boost and upset. Won't be easy though.
What would be Harrison's most important game? I know every game here in the West is important. However, week 6 home against Morrilton really stands out to me. Starting conference play off at 0-2 behind 2 playoff teams is not a good way to start. But if Harrison can beat Morrilton on Goblin turf, that would add a great boost going into Greenbrier at 2-2 and if they can get that win and win out, Harrison will be sitting at 5-2.
Worst case scenario for Harrison? 3-7, 2-5. I would like to think even with a bad year, Harrison can still beat Farmington and Clarksville. But Clarksville did beat the Gobs in 2012.

All in all I'd say its gonna be a typical season for the Golden Goblins. As someone mentioned earlier, better enjoy it cause the Airedallys come back next season. And you never know. Ol' Greenwood could come a rollin' back  :o

tmycjy

Just went threw the number on my computer this is how Harrison football season will go this year

Mountion Home   35-28 W
Siloam Springs    21-42 L
Alma                  17- 38 L
Maumelle            22-35 L
LR Christian         28-38 L
Morrilton            28-35 L
Clarksville          41-26 W
Greenbrier          21-42 L
Vilonia               31-35 L
Farmington        34-31 W

For a season total of 3-7 2-5 in west play

I'm Shock by what my computer is predicting I though they would do better then this now reamber my number can change if player get hurt or change depending on how other team plays so good luck to Harrison hope you prove me and my computer wrong good luck to u

sevenof400

Is this:

your computer tmycjy?

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 24, 2015, 09:51:05 am
Where is Go Postal??

Oh yeah, you have him to look forward to. He will let you know about all of their sports and how you guys will be in each one.
Just got back on tonight.  Looking forward to the football season.  Can't wait to see what Harrison's new head coach will bring to the table on his 1st season.  I hear that the team has been training all summer.

MDXPHD, some things that I have been impressed with this last spring:

1.  Goblin Baseball goes from a slow start beginning in the season to 5A State Champs.
2.  5A DeQueen boys still dominating soccer for the 2nd year in a row.
3.  Goblins and Lady Goblins go to the soccer playoffs once again for their 14th consecutive year.
4.  5A West girls had 3 teams in the semifinals along with PA.
5.  Though LRCA beat PA in the girls finals, Harrison only lost 3 games in the fifteen conference and playoff games they played this season.  Those losses were to LRCA and PA.
6.  After the High school season ended, USA Women's team finally got their stuff together and won the World Cup!

Hope I didn't let you down buddy ;)

In other news:
I hear that the Goblin Football/Soccer/Track Stadium will be adding a visitor concession stand with restrooms and a visiting team locker room.

They should be starting soon on building our new Basketball Arena.  Hopefully we will have it when Alma comes back to the 5A in a couple of seasons.

The Future

Good to hear from ya finally Postal haha

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on July 29, 2015, 11:13:34 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on July 24, 2015, 09:51:05 am
Where is Go Postal??

Just got back on tonight.  Looking forward to the football season.  Can't wait to see what Harrison's new head coach will bring to the table on his 1st season.  I hear that the team has been training all summer.

MDXPHD, some things that I have been impressed with this last spring:

1.  Goblin Baseball goes from a slow start beginning in the season to 5A State Champs.
2.  5A DeQueen boys still dominating soccer for the 2nd year in a row.
3.  Goblins and Lady Goblins go to the soccer playoffs once again for their 14th consecutive year.
4.  5A West girls had 3 teams in the semifinals along with PA.
5.  Though LRCA beat PA in the girls finals, Harrison only lost 3 games in the fifteen conference and playoff games they played this season.  Those losses were to LRCA and PA.
6.  After the High school season ended, USA Women's team finally got their stuff together and won the World Cup!

Hope I didn't let you down buddy ;)

In other news:
I hear that the Goblin Football/Soccer/Track Stadium will be adding a visitor concession stand with restrooms and a visiting team locker room.

They should be starting soon on building our new Basketball Arena.  Hopefully we will have it when Alma comes back to the 5A in a couple of seasons.

Not at all! Exactly what I expected. Your girls should be competing for another soccer championship next year though. I bet Pratt wants another one very soon.

Gob-Fan

I don't think the whole Goblin program will collapse because the seniors graduated........seniors leave teams every year. Baseball will be fine. There is a lot of talent waiting to get their shot. They might not win state but they will be fine.

Monkeys87

Thanks for the confidence rock hound

Monkeys87

I guess we will have to shut down all sports since the class of 2015 is gone rock hound let's see how many even stay in school  ;D

Drama Mama ™

August 11, 2015, 09:48:11 pm #14 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:03:51 pm by Drama Mama ™
Amen monkey87........just shut it all down !  Remember old rock hound lives vivaciously through his sons ;)  any team they aren't a part of is doomed :)

WPWells

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on August 11, 2015, 09:48:11 pm
Amen monkey87........just shut it all down !  Remember old rock hound lives vivaciously through his sons ;)  any team they aren't a part of is doomed :)
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant vicariously

Drama Mama ™

Well opinions are like........ well you know the old saying rockhound.  I think the difference in our opinions may be due to the fact that I AM a Goblin first and foremost. NOT an Omaha Eagle :) so, my hopes are always high and generally positive for my alma mater. Where as you hopped on the bandwagon only when your boys joined the club.   New coach....check, seasoned at what he does. BUILDS failing program's.  So my hopes are high. The opportunity to hire him was there and the right choice was made.  As for graduating a string of players that got us out of a rut ? Yep, we did but hopefully they paved the way for this upcoming group and layed the foundation for success and the willingness to suceed. The right people are in place to carry them forward now,  all the way down to the junior high level. Are you stating that our baseball program will suffer as well due to the high numbers of graduating seniors ? I beg to differ. Goblin baseball will reload. And prevail. It's what the Coach does.  The loss of the "twins" will be felt no doubt. But the last time I checked, they weren't the team and had a supporting group of young men that made them look good at what they did.  Yes, this a board of opinions but your back@$$ way of looking at the big picture deserves rebutting............ carry on :)

Monkeys87

Rockhound x💩 it's a good the west was weak in baseball is all I got to say looks like to me you better worry about own Affairs then predicting what the goblins Will win or lose next you leaving Omaha was the best for them and real bad for Harrison lot of these curren players are friends with yours kids and you even coached some of them shame on. You

Drama Mama ™

Yep may want to focus on that short lived Baker University stay verses the current state of affairs of Goblin football and baseball. My opinions towards you are in no way directed to your kids btw. They were class acts. They must have got that trait from their mama ;)

RD™

sevenof400

My only concern with this thread is this:

Is/will Drama Mama be heading to Vilonia this year with the baseball team to take in the Eagles / Goblins basketball game? 

Drama Mama ™

August 16, 2015, 11:44:34 am #21 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:47:29 am by Drama Mama ™
Considering I have a GIRL left in the house that plays volleyball in junior high and have another year before my nephew hits the senior high team, I highly doubt I will be a road fan other than football. I still have kids I enjoy watching play however and will make as many road trips as I can to not only support their efforts but cheer them on along side their parents in the stands :) my son is long gone from the program but we manage to make all the home games, and will definitely be making some road trips this season. We want our coach and his staff to be successful.  They're part is on the sidelines, our part is in the stands ;) and on message boards :) 

RD ! My heart is happy to see your name !  Been a long time ! Seven.......your booster club still officiating the basketball games ? ;)

Drama Mama ™

Well RHx2,  let's make it EXTRA clear,  the feeling is mutual ;)   Class has NOTHING to do with my statements.  At times I have NONE :) And I am perfectly ok with THAT ! You never have to question what I'm thinking.
The Gobs need support from their fans, with fans like you,  they'll need an extra big flippen dose of self confidence to take the field every Friday night considering you seem to think they are DOOMED :)   

Elvis Hoggoblin

Well....Well....Can I say....GO GOBLINS!!!!!

Elvis Hoggoblin

Ok.......here is my take.......My son is no longer in football, basketball only, but considering that I have been involved with this Class of 2016 Seniors since they started tball and soccer 14 or so years ago, a have a pretty good grip on them.
Great kids, good talent, but most of all humble, hard-working, and selfless.
This year is a big unknown, record-wise, for Goblin Football.  They could win 8 or lose 8.  I think we will have a good idea after Week 3, entering conference play.  Depth is an issue.
If they stay healthy I think they move toward that 8 win mark, if not, maybe not.
THEY WILL WORK HARD AND THEY WILL PERFORM TO THE BEST OD THEIR ABILITIES FOR COACH WELLS.
There are no Prima-Donnas.
Am I over optimistic, maybe?  But isn't that what true fans do?

GO GOBLINS!

By the way Marty B and I will be back on 96.1 this year having fun and trying our best to bring you some Goblin victories.   

PrivateLesson

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 18, 2015, 10:59:09 pm
Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on August 18, 2015, 01:47:23 am
Drama Mama got to you, didn't she?  :)
Bingo.......
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 16, 2015, 10:32:22 am
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant vicariously
lol...... auto correct seriously can change the whole meaning of a statement :)  that's what I get for posting from my phone !

sevenof400

August 22, 2015, 10:37:34 am #27 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:39:21 am by sevenof400
Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on August 16, 2015, 11:44:34 am
Considering I have a GIRL left in the house that plays volleyball in junior high and have another year before my nephew hits the senior high team, I highly doubt I will be a road fan other than football. I still have kids I enjoy watching play however and will make as many road trips as I can to not only support their efforts but cheer them on along side their parents in the stands :) my son is long gone from the program but we manage to make all the home games, and will definitely be making some road trips this season. We want our coach and his staff to be successful.  They're part is on the sidelines, our part is in the stands ;) and on message boards :) 

RD ! My heart is happy to see your name !  Been a long time ! Seven.......your booster club still officiating the basketball games ? ;)

...seen recently in the local press....
Billy Bob Bubba press announcement: ....I am happy to announce that VHS is holding a new booster club membership drive - with your paid membership comes a striped shirt (two sizes too small) and a whistle that automatically sounds when the other team has the ball and crosses mid-court!  "Our drive back to basketball glory continues and is without limits" Bubba said in a recent interview.

Overdahill

Shut the Door!!!!

In my humble opinion Goblin football is going to be the darrk horse in the west. I am seeing something different in this team that I havent seen in the past 6 years.

PA Dad

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on August 22, 2015, 07:43:55 pm
In my humble opinion Goblin football is going to be the darrk horse in the west. I am seeing something different in this team that I havent seen in the past 6 years.

I have you in my top 10.

What is it you see.  Talent?  Attitude?

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: PA Dad on August 22, 2015, 07:54:36 pm

I have you in my top 10.

I am seeing a 7 and 3 season.

Drama Mama ™

August 23, 2015, 10:29:49 pm #32 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:31:35 pm by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: PA Dad on August 22, 2015, 07:54:36 pm

I have you in my top 10.

A REAL coach ?   Good group of guys with a great attitude.  Excited to see what the season holds for them

Bomber_Believer

It is my opinion that this season may be tough for you guys.  However the coach you guys just hired is going to make you really good pretty quickly.
I think MH is going to be improved enough to have a chance to win in week one.  I will know more by the end of the week after we scrimmage Batesville/Highland.  I am looking forward to seeing the Gobs come to Bomber Stadium for one of the best rivalries in the state in less than 2 weeks.  Good Luck this season, but Go Bombers!

Go Postal

Nice to hear from you BB.  I was over in Moutaintown for my folks 60th anniversary.  Man, Norfork Lake is high.  Be back over there to see a lot of "old folks" for my 40th high school reunion.  Goblins/Bombers game is always a good one.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Go Postal on August 24, 2015, 09:07:14 pm
Nice to hear from you BB.  I was over in Moutaintown for my folks 60th anniversary.  Man, Norfork Lake is high.  Be back over there to see a lot of "old folks" for my 40th high school reunion.  Goblins/Bombers game is always a good one.
Oh snap, you really ARE an old fart!  Lol.

Rockhounds x2

PrivateLesson:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on August 18, 2015, 01:47:23 am ---.

--- End quote ---

No I was out of line with my prediction! These are great kids that need a positive outlook! My opinion is irrelevant but it is my opinion and most of the time im best suited to keep it to myself!

Time will tell how much DM knows about anything! Probably more than I do lol... Anyway my two are done and good luck to all the newbies Rockhounds out!

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on August 31, 2015, 12:42:02 pm
PrivateLesson:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on August 18, 2015, 01:47:23 am ---.

--- End quote ---

No I was out of line with my prediction! These are great kids that need a positive outlook! My opinion is irrelevant but it is my opinion and most of the time im best suited to keep it to myself!

Time will tell how much DM knows about anything! Probably more than I do lol... Anyway my two are done and good luck to all the newbies Rockhounds out!
Tootaloo :) so long sucker! 

MoTownDog

I haven't heard anything about the Goblins this season.  Who have they played so far and what was the outcome?

Go Postal

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 02, 2015, 07:25:43 am
I haven't heard anything about the Goblins this season.  Who have they played so far and what was the outcome?
I got to the game late last Friday night because of work.  I arrived with 7+ minutes left in the 3rd.  Even though this was a benefit game against Huntsville, they looked pretty good.  Looks like there were two different QBs trying out.  I saw listed maybe 8 different players to use as running backs.  Anyway, here is a copy/paste from the local paper on the game.

Joel Wells earned his first victory as head coach of the Harrison Goblins on Friday night.
It was a victory that won't show up in this season's win-loss record, but it is a win all the same as the Goblins topped the Huntsville Eagles, 21-10, at F.S. Garrison Stadium during a benefit game.
"I thought we got better as the game went on," Wells said following the game. "We really needed this a lot. There's been a learning curve, especially offensively. We've had a few guys out with injuries, but we got to look at a lot of guys. We had a lot of guys get quality reps and make quality plays for us. I really felt like our team got better as the night went on."
Huntsville took possession to start the game, but missed a field goal attempt as the Eagle drive stalled.
Harrison's opening possession didn't result in any points as the Goblins turned the ball over on downs at the Huntsville 13 yard line.
The first quarter came to an end with the score remaining at 0-0.
Huntsville broke through with a touchdown just four seconds into the second quarter as the Eagles found the end zone on the ground from just 3 yards out.
The Goblins answered on the ensuing possession as they used their rushing game to march down the field on the legs of junior tailback Josh Williams.
Williams capped the drive on a 1-yard run to find paydirt with 7:47 remaining in the first half.
The Goblins' extra point attempt came up empty as Huntsville held a 7-6 lead at halftime.
Harrison received the ball to start the second half and grabbed its first lead of the ballgame.
Senior Hunter Guynn reeled off a 26 yard touchdown run with 10:13 showing on the clock in the third quarter.
The Goblins elected to go for two points and quarterback Noah Ditmanson hit Kanon Kirkland with a quick pass in the end zone for a 14-7 Harrison lead.
Harrison's defense then stood tall as it forced an Eagle turnover as Huntsville fumbled at the Goblins' 48 yard line.
The Goblin offense turned that Eagle mistake into seven points as Williams found the end zone for the second time on the night, this time from 11 yards out. Kain Mears tacked on the extra point to move Harrison's lead out to 21-7.
The fourth quarter began with the Goblins still holding a 21-7 advantage, but Huntsville hit a field goal with 10:32 to play to set the score at 21-10.
Neither team would score the remainder of the game as Harrison held on for the 21-10 win.
The Harrison offense found it's rhythm in the second half, something Wells attributed to the first team offense coming out hungry.
"I think our first offense only got one possession in the first half," he commented. "I think they were a little hungry coming out of the half. We got them lined up and made a little adjustment. We took that drive down the field and scored. Then, we created a turnover and went back and stuck it in again. That's what good football teams do. Hopefully, we're gonna be a good football team before this is over."
Wells credited his entire defense for holding the Eagles to just 10 points in the ballgame.
"I think it was a team effort," the coach said of his defense. "We had a lot of guys making plays. We had a lot of guys on that second unit that made some plays. In some spots we're deep and have some kids we're trying to get some playing time. We've put a lot of time and emphasis on our defense. I hope people realize that. It showed tonight."
The coach admits the team has a ways to go bringing the passing game around, but successfully running the ball is how he plans to win games.
"We have to be able to run and stop the run," Wells stated. "You don't win big football games if you don't do either one of those. I love to throw the football, but that's not where we're at right now. Until we get some of our guys healthy and back where we can stretch the field with some bullets, we feel like our quarterbacks are getting better and we'll be better next Friday than we were this Friday."
Harrison opens the regular season on Friday as they travel to Mountain Home to take on the Bombers. Kickoff starts at 7:30 p.m.

Go Postal

Does anyone know if GOB TV will be live streaming away games this year?  I will be listening to Elvis Hoggoblin on the local radio station though also for those games.

Gob-Fan

September 03, 2015, 04:07:40 pm #41 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:37:46 pm by Gob-Fan
This is KY3s game of the week. Channel 843 with cox. Go Gobs!.......I believe they announced at the Huntsvile scrimmage that GobTV would be at the away games including this week.

Fat Money

Golden Goblins 21, that other team 10. Go Gobs!

B2 Stealth Bomber

Safe travels to you all as you come east.  Hope it is sad trip home though.   ;)

Go Postal

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas