• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles 2015

Started by InYoGrill, July 07, 2015, 05:43:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What will come true this season in Vilonia?

Eagles beat Briar like a drum and fans storm the field and carry both goal posts through town.
2 (11.1%)
Eagles start out 5-0 and in second half lose steam and finish 5-5.
6 (33.3%)
Eagles beat Briar on last second hail mary and season is success though in bottom half of conference
0 (0%)
Eagles fly high with Coach Stout's motivational pre game talks and go 10-2 and win a 1st rd playoff game!
2 (11.1%)
Eagles beat Briar and everything else don't matter.
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

InYoGrill

I see our previous thread must have been rerailed into a black hole.

Thoughts on upcoming season?

Coach Michael Stout has replaced Jim Stanley after many years at the helm.

Curious to see how the players respond to the summer change before season starts.

Go Eagles!

sevenof400

As a reminder to all, previous threads were pulled because post(s) within those threads violated the terms of service on Fearless Friday.  In brief, users should remember the following applies to Fearless Friday:

• No bashing players, posters, coaches and schools
For those who need a review of the terms of service on Fearless Friday, click here.  Discussion of the coaching change in Vilonia is fine but it needs to be within the acceptable bounds as defined by Fearless Friday.

PWDad

The boys seem to be taking it in stride right now. We have a fairly good group of seniors and juniors coming back. The sophs look really good just young right now. I think Coach Stout and Steward will do a fine job with these boys. We also lost the Def Coordinator but I think Stewart will move into that position with minimal issue.
We are not going to set the world on fire this year but it appears the boys are learning a life experience about dealing with change at the last minute.
I hope the community rallies around these kids and lets them know we care about them.
The administration has been very good so far, new principal and AD came in and talked to the boys early Monday morning. I think they gave them a great pep talk and it seemed to really help
Go Eagles!

JohnBarleycorn

PWDad

He resigned after the interim head coach was named

InYoGrill

Was the previous DC the younger guy that coached the secondary last few years? IF so,  no tears from me. Steward can do the job.

MDXPHD

Quote from: InYoGrill on July 07, 2015, 05:43:54 pm
I see our previous thread must have been rerailed into a black hole.

Thoughts on upcoming season?

Coach Michael Stout has replaced Jim Stanley after many years at the helm.

Curious to see how the players respond to the summer change before season starts.

Go Eagles!

Where is the option of the Eagles winning one game?

pantherblue

You need more options red belly...  The little eaglets will not beat Brier!!  ;D  ;D

rona

Vilonia players will respond. New Coaches and new system will take time. Not a Fan of Eagles, but they always came to play and the Heart they have shown over the Years will not suddenly go away. Good Luck Eagles!

doggieskoot2

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 07, 2015, 06:14:57 pm
As a reminder to all, previous threads were pulled because post(s) within those threads violated the terms of service on Fearless Friday.  In brief, users should remember the following applies to Fearless Friday:

• No bashing players, posters, coaches and schools
For those who need a review of the terms of service on Fearless Friday, click here.  Discussion of the coaching change in Vilonia is fine but it needs to be within the acceptable bounds as defined by Fearless Friday.

If all that were true, you could go through and delete 50% of what is put on the message board. 

JohnBarleycorn

Eagle Pride - What's your beef with the decision Vilonia made? It almost seems personal.

Birdsflyhigh

I really think the eagles will surprise some folks this year if they can pick up the offense. They have good group coming back 

PrivateLesson

INYOGRILL needs to Coach the Eagles!   He's their #1 Fan!   :)

Good Luck to the Veagles.   

InYoGrill

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 08, 2015, 06:24:38 pm
INYOGRILL needs to Coach the Eagles!   He's their #1 Fan!   :)

Good Luck to the Veagles.

Haha, thanks PL!  I'm a big fan. Love going to the games. But I would not be a good coach for the team if all we ran was only the double wing. :)

GotInfo?

Stout the permanent HC or just interim?

sevenof400

Quote from: GotInfo? on July 08, 2015, 11:41:01 pm
Stout the permanent HC or just interim?

I know there is a board meeting on July 13th - and I suspect that topic is on the agenda.

PWDad

Coach Stout was named interim. The school will go through interview process and select a permanent head coach after the season

Vteagle

Quote from: PWDad link=topic=142244.msg3176315#msg317631Wedate=1436459767
Coach Stout was named interim. The school will go through interview process and select a permanent head coach after the season

Very smart decision!!  They can look around and not rush into anything!

sevenof400

If the next coaching hire turns out as good as Coach Goers, Vilonia will be just fine.

tmycjy

July 09, 2015, 04:47:17 pm #19 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:48:56 pm by tmycjy
Just went threw the number on my computer Viloina goes 3-7 3-4 in west play

Good luck on the season and hope u prove my computer and me wrong

HeberFan

Vilonia has struggled in 7 on 7 this summer. I know that doesn't exactly relate to fall football but is is an indicator.

PWDad

I thought overall they looked decent at the team camp up in Heber last week. They are trying to figure it out as they go along right now. Considering everything I think they will be ok this season.
I was most pleased that there seems to be a better attitude around the team. I did not see the unsportsman type of play that has been going on for the last couple of years. The coaches seemed to be actually talking to each other and doing some real coaching.
Hey, it is a breath of fresh air for the Vilonia boys. No, they are going to win it all but I think they will actually put out more effort and have more fun this fall.

PrivateLesson

HeberFan

Quote from: PWDad on July 14, 2015, 06:59:54 pm
I thought overall they looked decent at the team camp up in Heber last week. They are trying to figure it out as they go along right now. Considering everything I think they will be ok this season.
I was most pleased that there seems to be a better attitude around the team. I did not see the unsportsman type of play that has been going on for the last couple of years. The coaches seemed to be actually talking to each other and doing some real coaching.
Hey, it is a breath of fresh air for the Vilonia boys. No, they are going to win it all but I think they will actually put out more effort and have more fun this fall.

Good point. Bad attitudes are a fast killer of a team.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on July 14, 2015, 05:20:33 pm
Vilonia has struggled in 7 on 7 this summer. I know that doesn't exactly relate to fall football but is is an indicator.

It isn't an indicator of anything other than 7 on 7 summer ball. There are teams that don't even compete in those pointless leagues but do very well in the Fall.

HeberFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 15, 2015, 09:53:45 am

It isn't an indicator of anything other than 7 on 7 summer ball. There are teams that don't even compete in those pointless leagues but do very well in the Fall.

7 on 7 is definitely an indicator. Warren and Pulaski Academy did great last year in 7 on 7.

sevenof400

Quote from: HeberFan on July 15, 2015, 04:48:06 pm
7 on 7 is definitely an indicator. Warren and Pulaski Academy did great last year in 7 on 7.
A spurious indicator perhaps.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on July 15, 2015, 04:48:06 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on July 15, 2015, 09:53:45 am

Several teams did really well in 7 on 7 last year...they also failed to compete at a higher level in fall football. It's completely different. 7 on 7 is an indicator of how well you can play 7 on 7 football...that's about it.

WPWells

Charleston did well in 7 on 7

InYoGrill

I think the 7 on 7 leagues are good for teams. If anything, it gets your skill players outside all the time both O and D side. A lot of kids love just being competitive and playing as much as possible whether it be backyard ball or 7 on 7. Running plays against teammates and lifting/conditioning all summer get old quick.   

V has participated very very weakly on 7 on 7 for many years. Maybe the Heber tourney each year but usually not more than that. Kids love to pass and catch some when they can.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

It certainly helps with timing between QB's and receivers, as well as helping a QB make his reads and progressions.  Outside of that, I guess the only benefit is that teams get a different look other than their own teammates all summer.

JC Guy

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on July 16, 2015, 03:08:35 pm
It certainly helps with timing between QB's and receivers, as well as helping a QB make his reads and progressions.  Outside of that, I guess the only benefit is that teams get a different look other than their own teammates all summer.
7 on 7 is a very valuable tool for both offensive skill players and defensive backs and linebackers. With so many teams going to the spread your skill players get to work on that all summer and the backers and DBs get to work on cover skills all summer you are going to get better the more you work on it.

cantbeataeagle

Great points. IT is good even if you do not throw a lot there are a lot of teams that do. So 7 on 7 can help your D backs. Jimmy mac loves 7on7

Jimmymack

While I was a senior at Village Academy we were tri state champions summer of 86 in 7 on 7

cantbeataeagle

Jimmymack you were known as Jerry Rice in the Village.

Jimmymack

sevenof400

Quote from: cantbeataeagle on July 20, 2015, 12:07:04 am

Hot Springs Village?   8)

pantherblue

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 20, 2015, 09:25:18 am

Cammack Village    ;D

Vteagle

KFC won't be as busy in the West! :)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: pantherblue on July 20, 2015, 09:36:08 am

Cammack Village    ;D

For some reason the Village People and the song YMCA came to mind....lol!   Just kidding!  :)

sevenof400

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 23, 2015, 09:44:06 am

Cammack Village    ;D

For some reason the Village People and the song YMCA came to mind....lol!   Just kidding!  :)

Hmmm...which would JimmyMack be?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 23, 2015, 10:38:29 am
Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 23, 2015, 09:44:06 am

Cammack Village    ;D

Hmmm...which would JimmyMack be?

lol....I don't have a clue...... I said....just kidding!!  :)

PWDad

Quote from: Vteagle on July 21, 2015, 03:58:51 pm
KFC won't be as busy in the West! :)
Now that is funny!!!! You are obviously an insider to know that!!!

HeberFan

Who is the middle linebacker for Vilonia? Good size and pretty aggressive. He should help the team a lot,

PWDad

#2, he is a pretty good football player but has issues with his temper. He cost the team ALOT of yardage last year with unsportsman like conduct penalties. He has had problems with being a team player but has shown some signs of maturing this summer. I hope he can turn it around this fall and become a true leader for this team
I think a lot of this type of behavior is going to improve with a change in coaching. Time will tell.......

HeberFan

I noticed he got pretty rough in 7 on 7. Hopefully he will mature as you say.

Quote from: PWDad on July 26, 2015, 08:52:39 pm
#2, he is a pretty good football player but has issues with his temper. He cost the team ALOT of yardage last year with unsportsman like conduct penalties. He has had problems with being a team player but has shown some signs of maturing this summer. I hope he can turn it around this fall and become a true leader for this team
I think a lot of this type of behavior is going to improve with a change in coaching. Time will tell.......

Vteagle

Btw.....currently 75 kids out playing ball for Vtown!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Vteagle on August 06, 2015, 07:50:43 pm
Btw.....currently 75 kids out playing ball for Vtown!

Thats awesome!  That has got to be an all time high by at least 15 or so. Hope they all stay together. Thanks for update Vteagle 

OlGuyWicker

That's a few more than 15. 

AT

Wow, that's a large number. I think Alma is in the 70s.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas