• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many school run what offense

Started by tmycjy, June 25, 2015, 09:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

this tell how many school run what offense this is from Hooten's Arkansas football magazine

Multiple                50
Multiple Wing         3
Spread                 73
Flexbone              10
T                          3
Power Spread        2
Spread I               1
Pistol                   5
Triple Option         1
Multiple Pro          1
I                         8
Pro                      1
Double Slot          4
Dead  T               3
Spread Option     2
Double Wing        5
Pro I                   5
Wing T               12
Single Wing         1
Power I              2
Multiple T            1
Multiple I            3
TBA                    5 (there are 5 school who have not desided on what offense to run yet)
Slot T                 1
Gun                   1
Split Back          2
Veer                  1
Split-Back Veer  1

Good luck to all team this year

the biggest shock I seen so far is flexbone has 10 this year and wing T has 12 this year

beach bum

June 25, 2015, 11:25:55 pm #1 Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:16:49 am by beach bum
Uncountable schools 2A through 4A have no business running the spread. About 5 to 10 actually should but probably 40 to 50 try it in those three classes. Most 4A schools and down are lucky to have more than one guy who can catch the ball consistently. I know you can run out of the spread but most coaches get fascinated with throwing it all over the field when very few programs can do that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on June 25, 2015, 11:25:55 pm
Uncountable schools 2A through 4A have no business running the spread. About 5 to 10 actually should but probably 40 to 50 try it in those three classes. Most 4A schools and down are lucky to have more than one guy who can catch the ball consistently. I know you can run out of the spread but most coaches get fascinated with throwing it all over the field when very few programs can do that.

So you're telling schools twice the size of hector, can't find two serviceable recievers... when hector almost always has two guys that can catch and usually do something with it?

beach bum

Quote from: HF on June 26, 2015, 06:43:50 am

So you're telling schools twice the size of hector, can't find two serviceable recievers... when hector almost always has two guys that can catch and usually do something with it?

Yea the semi decent 4A school I went to you are lucky to find 2 guys each year that you aren't wondering what is going to happen every time you throw them the ball while its in mid air. In high school football games special teams mistakes and dropped balls are what you notice in execution differences between smaller and bigger schools right away (besides the obvious size and speed difference). A dropped pass every 5th throw isn't very efficient. I see it every game I go to in smaller classes besides a collection of the elite teams.

tmycjy

Quote from: beach bum on June 26, 2015, 07:15:20 am
Quote from: HF on June 26, 2015, 06:43:50 am

Yea the semi decent 4A school I went to you are lucky to find 2 guys each year that you aren't wondering what is going to happen every time you throw them the ball while its in mid air. In high school football games special teams mistakes and dropped balls are what you notice in execution differences between smaller and bigger schools right away (besides the obvious size and speed difference). A dropped pass every 5th throw isn't very efficient. I see it every game I go to in smaller classes besides a collection of the elite teams.

Hey all I'm saying on this is it take the personal to run the right offense at the right school

Oh ps this not nocking on what u said on this

beach bum

I definitely agree about using your players in the right spots. I just see schools like Gentry and Berryville trying to run the spread the last couple years. When you are already at a disadvantage athletically why go 3 and out in 20 seconds on 3 straight pass plays. I see it a lot.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on June 26, 2015, 09:09:57 am
I definitely agree about using your players in the right spots. I just see schools like Gentry and Berryville trying to run the spread the last couple years. When you are already at a disadvantage athletically why go 3 and out in 20 seconds on 3 straight pass plays. I see it a lot.

Oh I agree... I just find it very strange that a 2a school can find a couple every year and 4a schools can't.  For the record hector runs mainly out of the pistol... and we run more than we pass...

Made

I had to look after you said that.....

I broke it down a little simpler than the 25 classes above, I broke it down to 5 different types of offense. I realize some of these don't fit a general mold but here goes.

Spread/Multiple-These might as well be the same
T/Wing T Variations
Midline/Flexbone offenses
I variations
and lastly Split back veer teams

I came up with these numbers, rushed through it so some may be off by a figure or two

Spread-135 total teams
T Variations-27
I-20
Midline-20
SBV-4

6/7a
Spread-26
T-2
Midline-3
I-1
SBV-0

5a
Spread-24
T-1
Midline-4
I-2
SBV-0

4a
Spread-37
T-7
Midline-1
I-3
SBV-0

3a
Spread-24
T-10
Midline-5
I-8
SBV-0

2a
Spread-25
T-6
Midline-5
I-4
SBV-4

Teams Ranked first
Spread-25
I-2
WT-1
Midline-0
SBV-0

Teams Ranked Last
Spread-14---Most noteable here is only 3 of the last place teams running spread were in 2a-4a
Wing T-6
Midline-4
I-1
SBV-1

Food for thought.

Lionheart88

Why are Spread and Multiple essentially the same?  I thought "Multiple" meant "this team uses more than one formation".  It could be a T and an I, then it wouldn't really have anything to do with the spread, would it?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on June 27, 2015, 06:15:22 pm
Why are Spread and Multiple essentially the same?  I thought "Multiple" meant "this team uses more than one formation".  It could be a T and an I, then it wouldn't really have anything to do with the spread, would it?

5 Wide sets and the Maryland I are completely the same thing....Come on now...

Made

June 28, 2015, 09:44:10 pm #10 Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:48:27 pm by Made
Name a team who runs multiple that isn't running spread a majority of the game.....

Hoghead2

Hope runs a Multiple/ Spread Offense. Which means you can ser them line up with 5 wide to the Wishbone.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas