• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison HC is Open(But not now)

Started by Brian G, April 22, 2015, 05:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the next HC?

Coach Keylon
6 (17.6%)
Coach Eddington
1 (2.9%)
Coach Tice
4 (11.8%)
Someone Else
23 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 03, 2015, 10:11:57 pm

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Rivalshog on May 12, 2015, 12:33:21 pm
I'm not from Harrison but what I've been told by parents of current players is no matter who they bring in they aren't gonna be very good.  Lack of talent and no QB is what I hear
Well that was just a little hateful ! lol  I think, but don't hold me to it, that we have a soph QB stepping in this year.  We graduated a dandy in Humphrey, so this kids got some big shoes to fill. Still a few starters returning from last season though.  It is what it is.  It was going to be a rebuild year regardless.  We've been rebuilding for 16 years to be honest.  Maybe we've got a coach that can come in and turn us from a rebuild to a reload......... fingers crossed !

Foukesasquatch

No bashing going on Drama Mama just asking if anyone knows anything about the guy other than a career record. For example offense and defense style? Trust me I am a Goblin alum and I want nothing more than success for Coach Wells.

Shut the Door!!!!

If Harrison has 6 or more wins in the first season with Coach. Wells at the helm. I would take that and mark it down as a successful season.

Foukesasquatch

Shut the Door!!!!

I'm not from Harrison but what I've been told by parents of current players is no matter who they bring in they aren't gonna be very good.  Lack of talent and no QB is what I hear

Yea Right!!!  Your from Harrison. Someone Needs to sneak up behind you and kick you in the crack.

Drama Mama ™

May 12, 2015, 02:22:01 pm #255 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:24:45 pm by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: Foukesasquatch on May 12, 2015, 01:28:25 pm
No bashing going on Drama Mama just asking if anyone knows anything about the guy other than a career record. For example offense and defense style? Trust me I am a Goblin alum and I want nothing more than success for Coach Wells.
Can't find anything out there on his style of play :)  And I have LOOKED.  Elvishoggoblin may have some input on it ? 
And you should know Goblin Pride matters because you are one........

Rivalshog . . . . . .  with all these new posters POSING to be from out of town........ hum....... I'm with Shut the door.  Protect your crack  ;)

BigSportsman

I hope Coach Wells is a smart enough guy to see through any of the butt kissing, brown nosing, sucking up (whatever you want to call it), and not become the boosters puppet like the last coach did.  If he is as good as what I am hearing he is, Harrison should have a good program in a short time.  My only question is...why is he leaving Kickapoo after only 4 years?  He doesn't seem to stay in one place very long (3-6 years) before he departs to another venue.  Will Harrison just be another feather in his cap or will it be his final act...

With , I assume, no ties to anyone is Harrison, I sincerely hope that this is what the Goblin football program needs to get the players motivated and on the winning streak I know they are capable of. 

Good luck to Coach Wells and the entire Goblin football program

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigSportsman on May 12, 2015, 02:56:10 pm
I hope Coach Wells is a smart enough guy to see through any of the butt kissing, brown nosing, sucking up (whatever you want to call it), and not become the boosters puppet like the last coach did.  If he is as good as what I am hearing he is, Harrison should have a good program in a short time.  My only question is...why is he leaving Kickapoo after only 4 years?  He doesn't seem to stay in one place very long (3-6 years) before he departs to another venue.  Will Harrison just be another feather in his cap or will it be his final act...

With , I assume, no ties to anyone is Harrison, I sincerely hope that this is what the Goblin football program needs to get the players motivated and on the winning streak I know they are capable of. 

Good luck to Coach Wells and the entire Goblin football program
would you rather have a good coach who turns your program around for 3-6 years or a decent coach for 15 years?

Shut the Door!!!!

Awh!  The Oldman has a pearly white smile.  NAILED IT!

Shut the Door!!!!

Ok everyone on this board is asking somebody else a question. Ask yourself, what is the biggest obstacle for coach wells to overcome so that he can create a winning kind of organization?

WPWells

sevenof400

.....going to need a refill on corn...

Shut the Door!!!!

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 12, 2015, 05:06:50 pm

You're welcome . . . . . .. .

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 12, 2015, 04:08:56 pm
Ok everyone on this board is asking somebody else a question. Ask yourself, what is the biggest obstacle for coach wells to overcome so that he can create a winning kind of organization?

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on May 12, 2015, 05:47:29 pm

Have you ever seen that Progressive Insurance commercial. LOL!!
NAILED IT!!    The little hand puppet.

sevenof400

May 12, 2015, 06:17:40 pm #266 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:19:40 pm by sevenof400
Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on May 12, 2015, 05:34:54 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 12, 2015, 05:06:50 pm

You're welcome . . . . . .. .

That looks delicious, Drama Mama!  Thank you!

..now if only someone around here made a tasty brownie to accompany the popcorn.....and would be willing to send samples!

Drama Mama ™

May 12, 2015, 08:57:55 pm #267 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:59:57 pm by Drama Mama ™
7of400......pretty sure when RD and Father Guido came to Harrison one year.....i sent them home with a little travel package. RD had a "flair up" leaving town and ended up at Shoneys bathroom. He  was possibly banned from their establisment as the story GREW. He blamed it on bad BBQ from Roosters but it very well could have been the brownies :) i did pack em some butt putty and pepto along with a whole bunch of other stuff ! even decorated Guido's car up in the parking lot. i can only send you virtual brownies cause the real ones........ just saying !

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Foukesasquatch on May 12, 2015, 11:52:40 am
Believe wells is double dipping in that he is retiring in MO and coming to AR to work. Can't really find out much about him. I have seen records which work out to about 6 wins a season. Good luck.

11-1 in MO class 6 two years ago isn't too shabby.

Ponca

No manditory summer practices. That's why everyone quit on the last coach. Kids need to be left alone in June & July to enjoy their summer. Just give them a key to the gym so they can come sign in and work out.

Elvis Hoggoblin

My understanding is Well's offense is a spread type that is more run oriented than most spreads. I understand his background is on the defensive side of the ball and stresses strong defensive play.
I am very excited to see what is in store.

Beaver Fever

Yea let's give them a key and let them come in and get hurt lifting so the new coach can get fired and school get sued.  Times are different.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on May 13, 2015, 06:26:41 am
Yea let's give them a key and let them come in and get hurt lifting so the new coach can get fired and school get sued.  Times are different.
times aren't different in harrison. pay attention.

Shut the Door!!!!

If you need to see what defence and offence to Expect. Bill Walsh...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 13, 2015, 08:27:47 am
defence is what keeps the dog in the yard.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Beaver Fever on May 13, 2015, 06:26:41 am
Exactly.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Oldman on May 13, 2015, 09:19:44 am
+1 haha

Shut the Door!!!!

Depends... Is what you are wearing OLD MAN!

Rivalshog

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 12, 2015, 02:18:23 pm

Yea Right!!!  Your from Harrison. Someone Needs to sneak up behind you and kick you in the crack.
Um no I'm not.  No way in heck I would live there. 

Rivalshog

Quote from: Ponca on May 12, 2015, 11:21:28 pm

No manditory summer practices. That's why everyone quit on the last coach. Kids need to be left alone in June & July to enjoy their summer. Just give them a key to the gym so they can come sign in and work out.
dumbest post I've read

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 13, 2015, 09:37:34 am
that's offencive.

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: Oldman on May 13, 2015, 10:03:34 am
that's offencive.
That's right with a15yrd gain and a "GOBLINS FIRST DOWN". The regular season hasn't even started and Harrisons already got a first down.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 13, 2015, 11:41:47 am
Quote from: Oldman on May 13, 2015, 10:03:34 am
that's offencive.
That's right with a15yrd gain and a "GOBLINS FIRST DOWN". The regular season hasn't even started and Harrisons already got a first down.
Just heard the fireworks go off, oh wait that was the noon alarm....... or the riots have started  in downtown Goblinville :) 

Drama Mama ™

Lions84

Ponca

Quote from: Rivalshog on May 13, 2015, 09:57:49 am

dumbest post I've read

Idiot. This is the problem at Harrison. Summer entails American Legion baseball, AAU basketball, USTA tennis, golf, 7-on-7 football, floating the river, etc. This forces a multi-sport athlete who wants to enjoy his summer to choose when high school coaches want to mandate practices on top of that. First thing a kid drops is the one demanding the most. Under Harbison that was football because the demands were too high

Rivalshog

Quote from: Ponca on May 14, 2015, 11:07:07 pm

dumbest post I've read

Idiot. This is the problem at Harrison. Summer entails American Legion baseball, AAU basketball, USTA tennis, golf, 7-on-7 football, floating the river, etc. This forces a multi-sport athlete who wants to enjoy his summer to choose when high school coaches want to mandate practices on top of that. First thing a kid drops is the one demanding the most. Under Harbison that was football because the demands were too high
what a joke.  Tennis? Golf? Floating?  This is gonna cause a kid to not play?  Soft kids

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Rivalshog on May 15, 2015, 10:15:44 am

No mandatory summer practices. That's why everyone quit on the last coach. Kids need to be left alone in June & July to enjoy their summer. Just give them a key to the gym so they can come sign in and work out.
dumbest post I've read

what a joke.  Tennis? Golf? Floating?  This is gonna cause a kid to not play?  Soft kids
Hum Ponca, my son's group had no problem with stepping up and doing what needed to be done.  June being the off month, but as soon as July came around they hit it hard with no "complaining" about it.  But then again, most of his senior group, as well as the juniors and definitely a couple of outstanding sophomores ,  focused solely on football, had summer jobs that worked around their football schedule etc, and several who played Legion baseball.  They made the sacrifice.  They showed up for lifting during the designated hours (morning or evening available).  Always a coach there to oversee them etc.  AND they were the group that nobody thought would amount to anything. But they did. When 2 a days hit they were in fairly good physical shape because of it, and not near as much puking on the sidelines when they started.   Plus we had Coach Leo that season who definitely pushed them beyond the limits they were accustomed to in the years prior to him coming on board as the "unpaid trainer" They were somewhat like this years group of seniors. Sometimes "heart" and "commitment" does pay off in the long haul.  And that was also the year that they implemented a new offense and had to work their tails off .  It's called priorities.  I have a feeling this years group has a whole new set of priorities, with heart and commitment to putting together a solid season .

Last time I checked, the river was up and running for floating on Saturday and Sunday . . . . . .  when mandatory practice usually isn't taking place. 

Back to my original answer to Shut the Doors question :  Haters gonna Hate. Don't be a hater......... support the cause  ;)

Shut the Door!!!!

All of the post are power struggles and personality issues.

IMHO -  Looking for information on 18 microwave snacks you can cook in a mug has become more interesting.

Greyhands

May 15, 2015, 12:52:04 pm #289 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:53:42 pm by Greyhands

dumbest post I've read

Hmm, You know im a old guy played under Tice and I remember we had summer practice on our own. i dont remember enyone griping or crying about not getting to float lol and thats the reason we went 12-1.......

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 15, 2015, 12:12:08 pm
All of the post are power struggles and personality issues.

IMHO -  Looking for information on 18 microwave snacks you can cook in a mug has become more interesting.

Speaking of mug snacks......This one caught my eye :)

They do prescribe meds for these things :)

Drama Mama ™

May 15, 2015, 01:04:10 pm #291 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:08:49 pm by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: Greyhands on May 15, 2015, 12:52:04 pm

dumbest post I've read

Hmm, You know im a old guy played under Tice and I remember we had summer practice on our own. i dont remember enyone griping or crying about not getting to float lol and thats the reason we went 12-1.......
BINGO...........back in the day when Harrison was considered a formidable opponent or even lets just  lets flashback to
1999 .  Ponca wasn't here for any of that.......... he was probably floating the river  ;) or playing tennis or aau basketball or something   ;D

Drama Mama ™

AT

I just remember Harrison will be making the trip to Alma this year in non conference.

Fat Money

Wow. Step away for a little bit and look what happens.

JC Guy

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on May 15, 2015, 01:04:10 pm
Quote from: Greyhands on May 15, 2015, 12:52:04 pm
[/
dumbest post I've read

BINGO...........back in the day when Harrison was considered a formidable opponent or even lets just  lets flashback to
1999 .  Ponca wasn't here for any of that.......... he was probably floating the river  ;) or playing tennis or aau basketball or something   ;D
Drama when I seen that post from Ponca all I could say was Really.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Fat Money on June 19, 2015, 01:17:13 pm
Wow. Step away for a little bit and look what happens.

Fat Money in the House!!!

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas