• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison HC is Open(But not now)

Started by Brian G, April 22, 2015, 05:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the next HC?

Coach Keylon
6 (17.6%)
Coach Eddington
1 (2.9%)
Coach Tice
4 (11.8%)
Someone Else
23 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 03, 2015, 10:11:57 pm

Brian G

April 22, 2015, 05:06:06 pm Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:06:41 am by B.G.
Harbison left for asst job in Russellville.

WPWells

Brian G

He certainly would do them a good job.

Harbison to RV adds to some recent other HCs that have surprising left their job for an assistant's job.

sevenof400

Hopefully, Coach DePriest would still wander by these parts and mingle with us commoners!

Tigerdad2

Harbison and Dawson worked together at Siloam, so that's why that happened. Did Harbison call the plays at Harrsion? Also, is the spread the best offense for Harrison?

Brian G

Yes, I understand the connection.

I'm saying that a HC at a generally successful 5A school to take an asst job is just odd.  A similiar thing happened when  Coatney left VB to go to FHS.

I think we're seeing a variation on what some are looking for when it comes to their career.   Other factors are in play.

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on April 22, 2015, 07:25:02 pm

I'm saying that a HC at a generally successful 5A school to take an asst job is just odd.  A similiar thing happened when  Coatney left VB to go to FHS.

I think we're seeing a variation on what some are looking for when it comes to their career.   Other factors are in play.

They are probably getting raises even as an assistant. That's my guess. The districts they are going to probably pay more.

Googlymoogly

In Harbison's four years at Harrison, the Goblins went 13-28 overall and six of those wins came last fall in their only playoff appearance under Harbison.

Brian G

Quote from: beach bum on April 22, 2015, 07:36:21 pm
Quote from: B.G. on April 22, 2015, 07:25:02 pm

They are probably getting raises even as an assistant. That's my guess. The districts they are going to probably pay more.
Even if it's more money, I think it's more than that.

Brian G

Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 22, 2015, 07:40:39 pm
In Harbison's four years at Harrison, the Goblins went 13-28 overall and six of those wins came last fall in their only playoff appearance under Harbison.
Tice left for Huntsville which was "a step down".  Yes I know he had roots there.

I also think they have shrunk their asst coach count.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 22, 2015, 07:46:09 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on April 22, 2015, 07:40:39 pm
Tice left for Huntsville which was "a step down".  Yes I know he had roots there.

I also think they have shrunk their asst coach count.

@JeremyMuckADG: Harbison and his former assistant at Harrison, J.D. Plumlee, will be co-OCs at Russellville. Big time moves for the Cyclones. #arpreps

Tigerdad2

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 22, 2015, 05:13:34 pm
DePriest's for the taking?
Does he call plays on his own or Harbison?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

1. I am not a candidate for the HC position, but thank you guys for your support. 
2. It's not about money for Coach Harbison. This will be a good change for him and maybe for Harrison as well. He's done a great job the last 4 years and he is leaving the program in great shape.
3. When I was hired as offensive coordinator, Coach Harbison reluctantly handed over the play calling duties. I have called the plays the last three years with support from Jonny Brewer, JD Plumlee, Chad Harbison, Greg Cross, Greg Crow, and even a couple players on occasion. Coach Harbison has been an outstanding boss and friend to me and I would work for him again or hire him on my staff if that opportunity arose.

I hope that answers all the questions I can answer.

Brian G

Uncle Ivan

Greyhands

I always liked Coach Harbison and I wish him the best in Russelville. I would have to agree with DePriest that this might be a good change all the way around but time will tell on that.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 23, 2015, 02:11:50 am
Sweet or unsweet?
Just make mine an Arnold Palmer ... thanks in advance! :D

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 23, 2015, 09:57:22 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 23, 2015, 02:11:50 am
Sweet or unsweet?
Just make mine an Arnold Palmer ... thanks in advance! :D

Nah, you get a Kevin Nealon......

Gob-Fan

I'm curious on the chances of Coach Keylon getting the HC position. I've heard nothing but good things about him and he is the interim HC.

busterdouglas

Harrison is losing a outstanding coach, once the bleeding is over, losing an outstanding group of coaches i would imagine. I don't see this as a positive in any way for the Goblins.

beach bum

April 23, 2015, 01:07:40 pm #20 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:36:42 pm by beach bum
Quote from: busterdouglas on April 23, 2015, 11:48:10 am
Harrison is losing a outstanding coach, once the bleeding is over, losing an outstanding group of coaches i would imagine. I don't see this as a positive in any way for the Goblins.

Harrison averaged more wins before he and his staff got to Harrison. They will be just fine apparently. He came from Heritage where they never went under center and throw it 40 times a game. Why you try to do that at Harrison without the athletes for that system I am not certain. AD's in high school are infatuated with spread coaches when a small percentage of schools 2A through 5A have the athletes and QB/WR combinations to pass it 30 plus times a game which is what I saw when he was at Heritage and had a really good offense there. If you're using the spread for an athletic dual threat QB or to get your RB a lot of touches in space I can see that. If he was trying what he did at Heritage, then that makes no sense at Harrison.

busterdouglas

Quote from: beach bum on April 23, 2015, 01:07:40 pm

Harrison averaged more wins before he and his staff got to Harrison. They will be just fine apparently. He came from Heritage where they never went under center and throw it 40 times a game. Why you try to do that at Harrison without the athletes for that system I am not certain. AD's in high school are infatuated with spread coaches when a small percentage of schools 2A through 5A have the athletes and QB/WR combinations to pass it 30 plus times a game which is what I saw when he was at Heritage and had a really good offense there. If you're using the spread for an athletic dual threat QB or to get your RB a lot of touches in space I can see that. If he was trying what he did at Heritage, then that makes no sense at Harrison.

Appreciate your opinion.  Wasn't talking about how many games Harrison won in the 80s and 90s.  From a coach looking in at Harrison's program he and his staff did a great job with the kids that were there.  Same as was done when coach Tice won his 1 championship.  It is not going to be as easy as most Harrison people think to find a coach that will do as good of job as the Harrison staff has done the past couple of years. 

beach bum

They have won more games on average in the 2000's as well. The way you said once the bleeding stops implies they won't be very good and the coaches won the games this season. That isn't very fair to the kids. Like I said, Harrison averaged more wins even in the decade of the 2000's. As long as the bring in a qualified guy or a good one within Harrison will be just fine.

Greyhands

April 23, 2015, 03:11:29 pm #23 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:14:30 pm by Greyhands
Quote from: busterdouglas on April 23, 2015, 01:54:30 pm
Quote from: beach bum on April 23, 2015, 01:07:40 pm

Appreciate your opinion.  Wasn't talking about how many games Harrison won in the 80s and 90s.  From a coach looking in at Harrison's program he and his staff did a great job with the kids that were there.  Same as was done when coach Tice won his 1 championship.  It is not going to be as easy as most Harrison people think to find a coach that will do as good of job as the Harrison staff has done the past couple of years.
I wont argue about Ws & Ls but I will say the 9th grade going into HS next year is very strong. Having good players makes a big difference no matter how good the coach is don't you think ?

Brian G

So I guess the answer is to bring TT back.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Gob-Fan on April 23, 2015, 11:34:22 am
I'm curious on the chances of Coach Keylon getting the HC position. I've heard nothing but good things about him and he is the interim HC.
BINGO :)

Drama Mama ™

April 23, 2015, 08:55:00 pm #26 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:04:36 pm by Drama Mama ™
Actually the "bleeding" ended  when he waltzed out of the team meeting after announcing his departure.  We are losing a Coach that couldnt handle the pressures of being a head coach.  As far as losing any other Goblin Football staff due to his leaving  ?  Our current staff is FULL of some amazing men with the desire to be here and bleed Goblin Blue and Gold.WE ARE GOOD :)  Only 1 that might fly the coop which is understandable under the circumstances.  No harm, no foul......... carry on !~ 

FYI, I really have no problem with throwing my 2 cents in and calling it like I see it ;)

ozarko

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on April 23, 2015, 08:55:00 pm
Actually the "bleeding" ended  when he waltzed out of the team meeting after announcing his departure.  We are losing a Coach that couldnt handle the pressures of being a head coach.  As far as losing any other Goblin Football staff due to his leaving  ?  Our current staff is FULL of some amazing men with the desire to be here and bleed Goblin Blue and Gold.WE ARE GOOD :)  Only 1 that might fly the coop which is understandable under the circumstances.  No harm, no foul......... carry on !~ 

FYI, I really have no problem with throwing my 2 cents in and calling it like I see it ;)

Wow, Drama Mama.  Usually I agree with your wordage and tone on your posts relating to Goblin football but I'm disappointed in your last post.  "Waltzed out"?   According to the players I talked to, Harbison was visibly upset when he left the room.  Waltzing implies he was high-fiving everyone and giving them the thumbs up! 

And "FULL of some amazing men"?  In the four years Harbison was HC, he never ONCE had the complete support of his coaches, high school or junior high.  IMHO, they didn't give him a chance.  Some quickly realized the new plan was not their style and left.  But some of the old regime never supported him.  It wasn't hard to figure out who didn't buy into Harbison's way of doing things.  Just hang out at practice and listen.  Listen to players.  They will tell you.  I've had a lot of football players through my house in the past four years and I've shuttled them everywhere.  I know what they said.  They know who was loyal to Harbison and who was willing to stab him in the back.

Now, the flip side is Harbison had to EARN their respect.  From what I witnessed in the past four years, he did everything he could to earn the respect of the other coaches.  They never bought into his program.  And he was doomed from the beginning.  Did he screw up?  Of course.  We ALL screw up.  Unfortunately, when he screwed up, it was in front of 1,500 Harrison residents.  And if you were around him, you could see it bothered him that he failed his players.

Coach Chad Harbison is about more than football.  He's about leading, guiding and showing young men how to be better at life, not just football.  In that regard, He was one of the MOST successful coaches to wear the Goblin Blue and Gold.

Drama Mama ™

Ozarko, waltz......move, act lightly or inconsiderately....... i think the way he left pretty much was inconsiderate,  so i will stand behind my wordage.   Respect may OR may  not have been earned due to many factors.  Best remember I may not have one in the system, but I'm pretty much in the loop and a phone call is about all it takes to find out what I want from a reliable source.  Obviously his departure bothers you on a PERSONAL level.  As far as my post disappointing you. HELLO........ we all have opinions, i am most certain in my 5600 post on here over 11 years I have disappointed many people ! And I'm am ok with that :)  but I am also confident enough  in my thoughts and opinions to just not really worry over who cares and who's rear end I chap over it......

sevenof400

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on April 23, 2015, 08:55:00 pm

That may be the most appropo sig line ever!

sevenof400

And if not that one...

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on April 23, 2015, 10:54:45 pm.. but I am also confident enough  in my thoughts and opinions to just not really worry over who cares and who's rear end I chap over it......

Loyalfan1

Tigerdad2

Idk the inside scoop on this situation , but I believe the number 1 ingredient in being a successful head coach is, you have to care about the kids more than your ego and winning. It's all about how you treat people. That's the biggest problem with adminstation  hiring HC's . They interview HC 's, they see they have coached 7a football and can interview well. They don't do the research to see how the coach is as a person first

ozarko

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on April 23, 2015, 10:54:45 pm
Ozarko, waltz......move, act lightly or inconsiderately....... i think the way he left pretty much was inconsiderate,  so i will stand behind my wordage.   Respect may OR may  not have been earned due to many factors.  Best remember I may not have one in the system, but I'm pretty much in the loop and a phone call is about all it takes to find out what I want from a reliable source.  Obviously his departure bothers you on a PERSONAL level.  As far as my post disappointing you. HELLO........ we all have opinions, i am most certain in my 5600 post on here over 11 years I have disappointed many people ! And I'm am ok with that :)  but I am also confident enough  in my thoughts and opinions to just not really worry over who cares and who's rear end I chap over it......

You're right, DramaMama, this hits our home on a personal level.  I don't know if Harbison quitting will be a bad thing or a good thing for the football community, but I DO know the community of Harrison is losing a good family.

When you have assistant football coaches telling football players not to play football because it could affect their performance in other sports, namely the sport where the assistant coach is now the HC, it's not good.  Teenagers don't need to be drawn into the drama between coaches or administration.  And that's why I say that some assistant coaches never fully supported Harbison and his ways.  Heck, if you do any reading on multi-sport kids, college-readiness, and injuries, the evidence overwhelmingly supports multi-sport student athletes! 

I enjoy your posts, DramaMama because you make me look at things from a different viewpoint!  Keep 'em coming!

ozarko

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on April 24, 2015, 10:49:31 am
Idk the inside scoop on this situation , but I believe the number 1 ingredient in being a successful head coach is, you have to care about the kids more than your ego and winning. It's all about how you treat people. That's the biggest problem with adminstation  hiring HC's . They interview HC 's, they see they have coached 7a football and can interview well. They don't do the research to see how the coach is as a person first

Perfectly said, Tigerdad!  How you treat people is what's important, whether you're a corporate guy, a bank teller, or a HC.  That's what people remember.  It will be interesting to hear what the boys who played for Harbison for four years say about him in the future.  Do they look on their high school football career with good memories or regret?

sevenof400

Well, I have to chime in on this:

Quote from: ozarko on April 24, 2015, 11:53:21 am
You're right, DramaMama, this hits our home on a personal level.  I don't know if Harbison quitting will be a bad thing or a good thing for the football community, but I DO know the community of Harrison is losing a good family.

When you have assistant football coaches telling football players not to play football because it could affect their performance in other sports, namely the sport where the assistant coach is now the HC, it's not good.  Teenagers don't need to be drawn into the drama between coaches or administration.  And that's why I say that some assistant coaches never fully supported Harbison and his ways.  Heck, if you do any reading on multi-sport kids, college-readiness, and injuries, the evidence overwhelmingly supports multi-sport student athletes! 

I enjoy your posts, DramaMama because you make me look at things from a different viewpoint!  Keep 'em coming!

That is absolutely incorrect

It is entirely possible a coach is considering the best interest of the student in addition to the needs of the team (a rarity for sure in high school football coaching) but when this consideration occurs it should be applauded.  I don't have first hand knowledge of this situation, but if Ozarko is correct and the assistant coaches are looking at the entire picture before a season starts, I'd hold these assistant coaches as examples of how to balance considerations all around. 

hogalum05

I couldn't disagree more and you're speaking in favor of one of the major problems with high school sports today. Ozarko is right on this 1, If this was going on that's real bad especially if it was being done in some way out of spite. When is it ever ok for a coach to persuade a player NOT to play sport? To the question of loyalty, it's widely known that coaches on the previous staffs were not on board with Harbison. Not being in their shoes I don't know whether it was justified or not.

Rockhounds x2

Harrison needs a football coach! Someone that will look you in the eye and tell you what is going to happen with no apologies!
Coach Harb did a lot of good things (the Father and Son Retreat) being one of them.
The assistant coaches are good but most I don't feel bought in!
The biggest thing that I seen was a lack of a true leader on game nights! Several games in the last 2 years was lost in the last Qtr. The biggest being the playoff game a 17 point lead going into the last Qtr???
The biggest thing that was lost was a terrific group of Seniors! The comment about a lack of talent can't be any farther from the truth!

Rockhounds x2

ozarko:

--- Quote from: Tigerdad2 on Today at 10:49:31 am ---Idk the inside scoop on this situation , but I believe the number 1 ingredient in being a successful head coach is, you have to care about the kids more than your ego and winning. It's all about how you treat people. That's the biggest problem with adminstation  hiring HC's . They interview HC 's, they see they have coached 7a football and can interview well. They don't do the research to see how the coach is as a person first

--- End quote ---

Perfectly said, Tigerdad!  How you treat people is what's important, whether you're a corporate guy, a bank teller, or a HC.  That's what people remember.  It will be interesting to hear what the boys who played for Harbison for four years say about him in the future.  Do they look on their high school football career with good memories or regret?

As a father of two of them there's no need to wait 4 years! This group was as tight as any group that I have been around! They missed the practice time together the monday following the last game! The truly loved the assistant coaches and had a respect for Harbison only because of the type of kids they are!
Yes there's a lot of instances where coaches have tried to get kids to play or not to play! heck one of our all state football players was told as a junior if he played football he wouldn't start in another sport! It may go on at other schools as well?? My hope is the board hires the best proven coach they can hire!

ozarko

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 24, 2015, 12:10:31 pm
Well, I have to chime in on this:

That is absolutely incorrect

It is entirely possible a coach is considering the best interest of the student in addition to the needs of the team (a rarity for sure in high school football coaching) but when this consideration occurs it should be applauded.  I don't have first hand knowledge of this situation, but if Ozarko is correct and the assistant coaches are looking at the entire picture before a season starts, I'd hold these assistant coaches as examples of how to balance considerations all around.
I agree somewhat, Seven.  If the student athlete is tracking to be the next Michael Jordan or Ozzie Smith, I agree with what you're saying.  But these boys aren't Jordan or Smith.  They are good well-rounded athletes who might possibly be able to fund a portion of their college tuition with a sports scholarship.  But they aren't being recruited by the Hogs, Aggies or the Roll Tide Roll crowd.  They're looking at Tech, ASU or a number of smaller Arkansas schools, maybe.  And most of them will never play college sports.

Several of this year's starters played football in junior high.  But once they were able to play varsity football,  they were encouraged to drop football to concentrate on this particular coach's sport.  Ironically, a bunch of these boys missed playing the game of football so much they came back to the team on their own will and significantly contributed to the team's first playoff game in many, many years. 

I understand a coach wanting the best athletes for their particular sport.  But don't cut down another sport or those coaches, just so you can hopefully sway a kid to play ONLY your sport.  Teenage kids have enough stress in their lives.  Coaches should be supportive, critical when necessary, and try to guide the young person on how to make good decisions for their lives!

ozarko

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on April 24, 2015, 01:45:42 pm

As a father of two of them there's no need to wait 4 years! This group was as tight as any group that I have been around! They missed the practice time together the monday following the last game! The truly loved the assistant coaches and had a respect for Harbison only because of the type of kids they are!
Yes there's a lot of instances where coaches have tried to get kids to play or not to play! heck one of our all state football players was told as a junior if he played football he wouldn't start in another sport! It may go on at other schools as well?? My hope is the board hires the best proven coach they can hire!

Rockhound, you're sons are to be applauded for giving their ALL in every sport they played!  Harrison needs more athletes like them.  And as a football parent, I'm glad your son didn't quit football to concentrate on that "other" sport. 

sevenof400

Again, keeping in mind that I don't have any direct knowledge of the Harrison situation EXCEPT what has been stated in the thread and that my experience has been that which I have witnessed in various schools, here is my position:

There are cases when kids have a brighter future in one sport than another but still want to play as many sports as they can.  That is sound advice for an overwhelming majority of kids. 

However, I have noticed when the sport is question (i.e the one with the bright future) is NOT football, all too often the advice is to play football and hold out the point about the rounded athlete. 

When the roles are reversed, and the sport IS football, this athlete will be told, cajoled, and in all possible ways persuaded to drop other sports in favor of concentrating on football. 

It cannot work in that way because it is hypocritical. 

One thing (act, favor, advice) I think a high school coach owes those players who may have the potential of playing ANY sport on the college level is to make an honest assessment of that players abilities and lay out for that player what s/he (the coach) believes the player is capable of achieving.  The question should be posed to the player - are you ready to potentially sacrifice your opportunity to play your best sport in college (as a result of training time away from your best sport, or injury) to play a different high school sport?

I don't know of many coaches who will sit a talented athlete down and have this type of conversation with their players.  It needs to happen more than it does I suspect and this should happen BEFORE the season (obviously) not during the season. 

Again, let me reiterate I am NOT throwing the Harrison coaches under the bus here - if anyone took my reply as that, please understand it was not meant in that light at all. 

I hope coach(es) is(are) encouraging player(s) to consider playing/not playing sports as part of decisions that would be beneficial to the PLAYER'S best interest.

Rockhounds x2

<< < (9/9)

ozarko:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 01:45:42 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Rockhound, you're sons are to be applauded for giving their ALL in every sport they played!  Harrison needs more athletes like them.  And as a football parent, I'm glad your son didn't quit football to concentrate on that "other" sport.

Thank you for the kind words and I am proud of them to say the least!
I wasn't referring to my son, I coached most of these kids in baseball and most if not all still have the time to visit and tell me how things are going so I get a good idea of what goes on!

Rockhounds x2

As for the kids playing one sport or another? If a kid likes and wants to do it and is good enough by all means they should if not for any other reason they only have one chance to do it! They can never go back!

Greyhands

April 24, 2015, 03:25:23 pm #44 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:29:47 pm by Greyhands
There was alot of "stuff" going on behind the scenes and that is the reason he left. The people that dont like Chad are never going to like him . Like I said before I got along with him and like I told him in a text I wish him good luck.

Whoever is chosen to be the new head coach for the Goblins whether that is Keylon or someone else I will support them.

My dad played football for the Goblins

I played football for the Goblins

one of my boys is a Goblin

and my other 3 boys will be Goblins

I support the Goblins

ricepig

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on April 24, 2015, 02:59:37 pm
As for the kids playing one sport or another? If a kid likes and wants to do it and is good enough by all means they should if not for any other reason they only have one chance to do it! They can never go back!

If you have coaches "suggesting" that kids not play another sport, then I see why there are problems in Harrison. First, as was mentioned above, these kids aren't "going pro" like they say in the NCAA commercial. Now, if the kid has a legitimate shot at getting their college paid for, and it is their choice, then concentrating on one sport makes sense. Soon, they will be in college, then working, then having kids playing, and then they are left being a message board All American like the rest of us, let them be kids and have fun.

Brian G

Some coaches are really good at leverage.

Gob-Fan

It doesn't make sense to concentrate on one sport for college purposes. ESPN put out an article where 128 QBs were polled (active and retired). 95% played two sports in HS and 70% played three or more. Not to mention this year's college recruits for Alabama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame were 85% multi sport athletes in HS.

Lionheart88

April 24, 2015, 09:06:15 pm #48 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:02:11 pm by Lionheart88
It depends on the situation.  Some people are such freakish athletes they could play 5 sports and still get a college scholarship.  Some three sport athletes are better off dropping one to concentrate more on one of the others (I know a kid who did just that: played football, basketball, and baseball until his junior year, when he dropped basketball to focus on baseball.  He signed with a college baseball program a few months ago.).  Some need to focus on one sport to have a shot at getting some college paid for.  Some just want to play with their friends and have fun.  Horses for courses.  Different strokes for different folks.

Drama Mama ™

April 24, 2015, 10:11:05 pm #49 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:35:58 pm by Drama Mama ™
People, I CAN assure you that the coach of the "other sport", oh heck, lets just women up here Ozarko and lay it all out on the world wide web shall we ?   Coach Crow has been with Harrison for 14 years.  He's a "proven" HC in "that other" sport.   His record speaks for itself.   He lost 6 players to FOOTBALL this season. Does that bother him ? Heck no.  WHY?  Because he is experienced and can handle the pressure and will continue on without them.  He didn't tell players to choose one or the other.  Straight from the horses mouth . I know you sit every Sunday in church with the "departed" . . . . . I understand that you are in what I would call a "mourning period" , but was it really necessary to bring "the coach of the other sport" into this ?  Also, food for thought, without the remaining athletic staff, whom a good part of them are Goblin Alumni, and are here because this is where they came from and they came back to , who would we have left ?  Pretty sure most everyone from the original "regime", as you referred to them, are here and outlasted what I will refer to as a "live and learn" experience in the HC hiring department. We obviously failed miserably in that area.   If our hiring committee is smart, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson the last go around , we will hire from within.  We have a very capable man in Keylon, the players already know him and like him,  and the coaches on staff already respect him.  It's a win win . . . . . .   And another thought for you brown nosers still left.  Don't attach yourself to the next coach.  He's your son's coach.  He's not your buddy. Let your kid be the one to earn his spot on the field.   Treat him with respect but don't show up on Saturday morning to mow his darn lawn, or in YOUR case Ozarko, show up to recharge his a/c without a service call....... or talk crap on the internet while you've still got a son trying to earn a starting spot on the team.  I've been here many years, a Goblin my whole life , had a nephew and a son that played from the mid 90's until 2006, I was a Goblin myself when Tice coached his first season here and I can guarantee Tice never had the amount of drama, in his whole career here,  as Harbison has in his few short seasons as a Goblin.  Self inflicted wounds........

It all ended pretty much as I predicted.  Go me for seeing it coming and not really being to surprised :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas